From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:29 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3017

1. Re:Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Headlight Swich
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Convert To Biodiesel
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

4. Re: Re: Turbocharger availability
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Oil Leak
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. adjusting odometer
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>

7. Re: Re: Convert To Biodiesel
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

8. Re: FLDMC.com & DMCFL.com for sale
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>

9. RE: Re: Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

10. RE: DeLorean items for sale
From: "Ewing, Keith" <keith.ewing_at_dml_lmco.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:20:54 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re:Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, doctorDHD_at_dml_a... wrote:

> First, congratulations on your new  DeLorean.
>
> We will do our best to iron out the kinks... but first  let us
know how you
> convinced your wife to go along!
>
> D & 6530
> Dave Delman

HA! Thats funny! She actually wanted to go and would not let me buy the car unless she came along! She is a VERY understanding woman. I was praying and praying that the thing would not break down! I think the DMC is growing on her though. We have never had so much fun stopping for gas, everyone has to take a look! Even people in $60,000 cars. One dude in a Bently came and drooled all over the Delorean!

Nathan

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:25:03 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Headlight Swich

Hello Everyone,

I removed my headlight switch and disassembled the thing and I cant find whats broken in it. All of the plastic parts seem to be complete and whole, for some reason the wire that engages the different positions will not catch correctly. I am going to try to treek a few things to get it to work but I dont know how much more abuse the case can take before it falls apart! If anyone has experience with swich please chime in.

Nathan

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:21:10 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Convert To Biodiesel

Converting to bio-diesel (or electric for that matter) you will be removing and fabricating a custom powertrain. No small feat and after you spend all that money there is no way you will recoup it by "saving" on gasoline. Performance will probably be even less than you now have, no one will be able to service the car except you or the shop that does the conversion, the car may have little or no resale value, you may have all kinds of problems with the authorities concerning inspection and emissions, and if the car is financed you are not supposed to modify it. Just a few of the considerations BEFORE you go off on this project. For what it's worth, it may not smell like french fries, Chinese restaurants also use a lot of cooking oil so it may smell like Chinese food! It depends on the source of your oil.

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:41:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Turbocharger availability

The photos are only of the top of the engine, and looks somewhat impressive.

The thing that strikes me as odd is all of the flexible "dryer hose" used on the cold air intake before the turbo.  From the stock inlet port in the fiberglass body (which is WAY too small for a turbo application), then past the air filter down to the turbo.

In the early years of my ownership of 6068 with the Island kit, I felt it would be better to try and get cold air from the outside as opposed to the standard setup that pulls the air from inside the engine compartment right above the exhaust manifold using the stock air box.  The logical solution, a flexible hose run from the filter box to the stock inlet on the fiberglass body.  I used a metal goose-neck style hose, and found that withing a few short "under boost"
runs, the hose had actually collapsed and killed my performance.

I suspect the suction on the flexible line from the air box to the turbo on this "DMC ONLY TURBO" is even higher that between the filter and atmosphere.

So, I find it hard to believe that the flexible hose in this installation would allow enough air flow for 230HP. You have to suck in huge volumes of air to compress it to 7.5PSI and maintain it to fill 2.8L even at 3500rpm..  Maybe someone wants to calculate that all out and tell us what the diameter of pipe needed for that volume of air is?  Keep in mind, that flexible hose will SHRINK under suction.

--- captain_hydrogen <captainhydrogen_at_dml_cox.net> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I will post some pictures that I took of Harry Ward's car under the
> heading of DMC ONLY TURBO KIT.  If anyone is interested in using these
> pictures on their web sites, please remember to reference me as your
> source.  If you have any questions about the content of the pictures,
> please let me know and I will do my best to answer or generate
> questions. :)

Yahoo! DSL  Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:57:58 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Leak

Something else to watch on this..... Normally the leak is around
where the wire is attached. However I bought a couple of these
recently and they were supplied with a copper washer that was very
slightly too large, so that it didn't seal around the switch itself.
This caused a rather dramatic NEW leak (lots of pressure there!).

If the copper washer doesn't just barely fit over the threads, get a
different one. OR be very careful that the washer is centered as you
tighten up the switch (difficult in that space).

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Spangler" <johnspangler_at_dml_n...>

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:51:31 -0800
From: Owen Emry <owen_at_dml_aerodrome.us>
Subject: adjusting odometer

I just finished replacing my angle drive (thanks for all those who helped!) while it was broken, my odometer missed recording about 150 miles, and I'd like to set it straight.  I'm sure some of you will roll your eyes, but I'm gonna do it.  What's the easiest way to accomplish this?  Yes, I can use something to spin the cable to reclaim those 150 miles, but I'm wondering if there's a better way...

Thanks, as always!
-Owen
VIN 10470
1 21 GW

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:33:30 -0600
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Convert To Biodiesel

conundrum1984 wrote:

>I know a guy locally that has an old 1970's model Volvo wagon with a
>diesel engine.  He works at a pizza shop and uses their old cooking oil
>from the fryers when they are done with it.  He just strains it, mixes
>a little kerosene (which I'm sure isn't legal) and off he goes.  When
>he drives by, you smell French fries.  I'm not kidding!
>
>Can't regular diesel engines run on bio-diesel?  My mom's Jeep came
>with a little bio-diesel in it from factory.  It is something Jeep is
>doing to help the environment.  All Liberty CRD's come with a little
>bio-diesel.
>
>Matt
>VIN: 2953
>Frostburg, MD

Actually, kerosene is more refined than diesel, so you'd actually have
less emissions. The only legalities would be that kerosene doesn't have
all the federal 'wheel taxes' that automotive gas and diesel has, but
that would be the only thing. But i'm not sure why you'd want to.
Kerosene is even more expensive than diesel, at least around here.
According to my dad, you used to be able to buy two grades of automotive
diesel, the lower is the grade that's common now, the better grade
which  was basicly was just kerosene.  Diesels are really nifty engines
that can run on just about anything combustable so long as the a/f
mixture is proper.

VIN# 03209

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:58:09 -0600
From: Qumefox <qumefox_at_dml_brazi.net>
Subject: Re: FLDMC.com & DMCFL.com for sale

delorean321123 wrote:

>Any one looking for a Delorean domain name in Florida to sell your
>parts or just post what ever you want.
>Im sure you will get lots of hits and receive lots of Mail it a easy
>name to remeber and not alot of letter too.
>fldmc.com or dmcfl.com
>on e-bay right now look up Delorean

I'll advise anyone interested in these domains to call or email the
owners to verify that they are actually for sale. I've seen lots of
cases of people selling domains they don't own in the past.  Here is the
whois info for the two domains listed for any who are interested.

dmcfl.com </t/whois?a=dmcfl.com;server=auto> = [ 64.62.166.86
</t/whois?a=64.62.166.86;server=auto> ]
Registrant:
LAURA COSTA
 TECHNO-CONCEPTS CORPORATION
 P.O. BOX 470831
 Lake Monroe FL US
 32747-0831
 Registrar: NameSecure.com </t/whois?a=NameSecure.com;server=auto>
Domain: DMCFL.COM </t/whois?a=DMCFL.COM;server=auto>
Created on 03-20-2005
Expires on 03-20-2006
 Administrative Contact:
LAURA COSTA
Phone: 352-483-2452
 E-mail: service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com <mailto:service_at_dml_techno-concepts.com>

fldmc.com </t/whois?a=fldmc.com;server=auto> = [ 64.62.166.78
</t/whois?a=64.62.166.78;server=auto> ]
Registrant:
 LAURA ELLIS
 TECHNO-CONCEPTS CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 470831
 Lake Monroe FL US
 32747-0831
 Registrar: NameSecure.com </t/whois?a=NameSecure.com;server=auto>
 Domain: FLDMC.COM </t/whois?a=FLDMC.COM;server=auto>
Created on 06-19-2003
 Expires on 06-19-2006
 Administrative Contact:
LAURA ELLIS
Phone: 352-483-2452
E-mail: techno-concepts_at_dml_atlantic.net <mailto:techno-concepts_at_dml_atlantic.net>

VIN# 03209

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:16:29 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Young, Stupid, Lucky, and thrilled as heck!!!!

Dan, Sometimes I can fix the switches and with the Headlight Switch Saver
kit there will never have another problem with it electrically again.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/modifications.html

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:20:03 -0800
From: "Ewing, Keith" <keith.ewing_at_dml_lmco.com>
Subject: RE: DeLorean items for sale

Hi there,

I have a Birthday (wife's) coming up. What would you need for the stock
certs?

Thanks,

Keith Ewing
s/n 4393