Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:33 PM
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3023

There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Strange request for DCS

2. Re: License plate option ...
From: "David Teitelbaum" <>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:05:03 EST
Subject: Strange request for DCS

I am in need of picture frames
The plain black or brown with or without glass
We have a number of photos and documentation that we would like to  highlight on the walls with frames 
I need about 100 so this is why it is a strange request.
Either that or if someone knows where I can get cheap frames.
A preview of the museum now has us with the following
22 Display cases
10-15 tables
8-18 computers with loop dvd or video cd
8 VHS set ups
8 stations not needing any of the above
about 100 highlighted documentation/picture items The Prototype Car and supporting documentation and photos
All in all this is much bigger than the original concept so we will now be doing the car show inside and outside. (Under BIG tents if weather is  poor)
We expect this to take up to 7,000 sq ft of space.
If you have anything you wish to contribute or help let me know the  response has been great.
Right now the picture frames are going to be tough This was an addition and will now be the museums biggest challenge
I need sizes from 8.5 x 11 thru to 12 x 18 landscape or portrait.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Message: 2
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 03:49:06 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <>
Subject: Re: License plate option ...

Many States have similar programs. You can buy old plates from vendors that specialize in buying and selling old plates. The problem often is that in many States you need two plates and it is a lot harder to find
2 plates that are the same than just one. Another option is many States have historic plates. In New Jersey we call them QQ plates because they have QQ on them in addition to the #. You can't get them until the car is 25 years old but that won't be a problem soon! Many States also have "personal plates". You can get them to say specific things for extra fees. All of this of course depends entirely on the rules and regulations of the State you happen to live in. Many of these rules are not openly advertised, you have to find someone knowledgable enough and cooperative enough to explain all of this to you. For instance in New Jersey they have collector registration. They don't make it common knowledge, you have to ask for the form, they don't have it out on the counter. New Jersey also has a special exemption for cars that are driven less than 2,500 miles a year, they can opt out of the dyno inspection. They don't tell everyone that either. The bottom line is to get familiar with the rules in your State, every State has different rules. Same thing for car insurance, it too varies State to State. At large car shows and swap meets there is usually at least one vendor selling old license plates. You might also find some vendors in Hemmings Motor News.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 

--- In, "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_b...> wrote:
> While talking with a police friend, I learned an option for plates
for any
> car.  At least this supposedly works in MN.
> If you can find a plate from the year your car was built and the
number is
> not currently in use, you can use that old plate as the plate for
your car.
> So I need to find a 81 MN plate.  Preferably DMC 897 :-)
> Nick


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see

To search the archives or view files, log in at
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: