From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 8:19 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3024

1. Re: License plate option ...
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Turbos and Eurofest
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. Revolving License Plate
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

4. Why I love the Delorean
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. Re: Coil
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

6. Re: James C. Personett -- found, or here I am!
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

7. Re: Revolving License Plate
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. RE: Strange request for DCS
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

9. DeLorean in AutoWeek
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Strange request for DCS
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

11. plates needed
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

12. RE: DCS Video and audio needed
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

13. Copy of Contract for Leasing Car
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

14. RE: Copy of Contract for Leasing Car
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

15. Re: Re: Re-tint Lens
From: Tom Tait <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

16. Re: Why I love the Delorean
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. Re: Copy of Contract for Leasing Car
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

18. For Sale: DeLorean Literature
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

19. See pic
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Eibach springs/shock set
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. #3932 looks to be a reasonable price
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Eibach springs/shock set
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

23. Re: Why I love the Delorean
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:18:08 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: License plate option ...

If you actually had a set of real plates off of a junked car or something, they may not let you do it. You may not be the owner of the plates, or there could be other reasons. My first license plates I got for the first car I ever owned, I've always kept, and have shuffled around on various vehicles (including my D which had them the longest). However, after I got personalized plates for the D, I left them off for almost 2 years before I had another vehicle to switch them over to. When I brought them in, the DMV/PS was VERY reluctant to reinstate them. They were listed in their system as being surrendered and destroyed by the state. Yet I had them both right in my hand. It took lots of complaining, and two supervisors to get them reinstated (one to convince, another with user permissions to "create" a new set of plates), along with a privlege penalty to reuse an old plate, when I rejected a new one. And of course, you MUST have 2 plates in states that issue them for front bumper requirements.

Even if you have the ability to reinstate an old plate, there are still a few hurdles you've got to get past. The plates MUST be in good condition. No paint/ink fading, peeling, scratches, creases, perforations, rust, or alterations and/or damage is allowed. You also have to be concered with specific laws regarding old plate designs.
Some states have since recalled old designs. So you can't come in with some obscure, pre-WW2 plates, or even some that are only a few years old, but have been recalled.

Now if a plate # sequence isn't in use, you can claim it. However, you can't have them "issue" it to you. In other words, it's going to be a personalized plate. So you're going to have to pay any personalized fees that the state requires, AND it may not look the same. Aside from a period-correct plate style no longer being in production, there are sometimes other markings that may not appear.
Such as embossed dots or other characters dividing the nubmers & letters, as well as watermarks, and "Personalized" stamps depending upon your locale.

While my experience is based upon Nevada, and the usual YMMV warning applies, this may not work in states such as California where issued plates are assigned to cars, rather than owners. Ie you sell a car, you just transfer the plates to another vehicle, or cash-in the registration. Whereas in California, a vehicle is assigned a plate that it keeps for it's life. In that case, this would most likely not be possible at all.

Remeber, I only got my old plate back into use, because someone said yes. It was totally at that person's descrecion. If they would have said "No", the outcome would have been totally different for me.

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:12:59 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Turbos and Eurofest

Hi All

Just generated a project to be completed in time for Eurofest. I cannot stress how rare these are... first one I've ever seen on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4594701012

Martin
DMC Ltd
www.delorean.co.uk

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:13:38 -0000
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: Revolving License Plate

Check out:

http://www.clearplate.com

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:10:45 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Why I love the Delorean

I'm bored out of my gourd, I know I have to work on the car, but it's cold, and I don't want to work on the car at the moment.  So I decided to take her (6704) out for a high speed drive.  Put a full tank of premiun gas in her and went ZOOM.  The car handles as expected with the trailing arm bolts siezed in the bushings, but what a great handling car.  I think I may have broken the speedometer,  I was moving very fast, 5th gear at 4000 RPMs, and other cars were acutally getting out of the way! Speedo was pegged so I have now idea how fast I was going.

Very enjoyable little 20 mile run.  I had to put gas in the car for winter storage, heck I may even take her out again next weekend, if the roads are dry.

Please share your driving stories on the DML, good or bad, I'm sure all would like to read them.

Just wish I had Black Beauty back, with the Stage II engine, then I will  guarantee the speedo would be broken.

Keep it between the lines, and be safe.  And most of all have fun.

And at this time of year happy holidays to everyone.

Bernie
Crash and Burn (6704) and Black Beauty (4045)

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:23:58 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Coil

Nick,

I run the Pertronix coil in 6704.  You can get it from John Hervey
here:

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/engine-tuneup.html

Note that you may want to replace all of your sparkplug wires and coil wires with an minimum of 8mm wires.

Hope this helps, and if you can find it in Austraila you will not have to pay frieght or shipping charges (though you will pay it in the price of the item).  But the freght and customs on a $33 US part is going to be minimal.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nick" <nicholden_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me the part number for a performance bosch coil
that
> is suitable for the delorean. I would like the 'best of the
best'and
> at this point have given up trying to save money on the
restoration!

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:27:29 -0000
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: James C. Personett -- found, or here I am!

I bought that rear quarter from you, ostensibly to replace a slightly creased one on my first DeLorean, #10570. I ended up having the original quarter repaired, and traded the quarter to Bob Miller for a right front  fender after I got hit in a parking lot. Who knows what Bob did with it!

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:50:48 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Revolving License Plate

OK, maybe I'm missing the point. Other than simply making a liscense plate tilt flat, what does it do?

-Joe

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:48:40 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Strange request for DCS

I do a lot of Photography now, and I usually find that "Michael's" Craft
store sells frames like the one you are looking for on sale every couple of
months.  They are reg. $9.99, but you can get them for $4.99 on sale.

If that is too much, then a cheap alternative is to miter cut some molding
from Home depot into small frames.  I did this also for a friend's painting.

Kevin Abato
Vin #16680

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:37:41 -0000
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DeLorean in AutoWeek

December 12 issue has a nice one page article on the DeLorean.  It
features Mike Sturba's '83.  Nice to see a balanced article that
doesn't slam our cars.

Dick Ryan
VIN16867

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:11:42 EST
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

I know some 99 cent stores have "certificate" frames that are 8.5 x  11.

Dē & 6530

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:05:03 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Strange request for DCS

Hi

I am in need of picture frames

The  plain black or brown with or without glass

We have a number of photos  and documentation that we would like to
highlight
on the walls with  frames

I need about 100 so this is why it is a strange  request.

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:42:06 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: plates needed

If anyone has a spare set of pivot base plates for the lower engine cover
stay (106357/106358) available, please email me off list?

Tom
#10902
TTait(AT)brcweb.com

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:50:09 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: DCS Video and audio needed

Just video?  I have TONS of photos

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:11:18 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Copy of Contract for Leasing Car

Some of you have rented your car out for a day or two to be used for
corporate events, or advertising, special events, etc. Can someone
send me a copy of the contract used? I need to get copies of contracts
used for such events to create one for my own use. Contracts would
have the terms of use, liability, etc. and I need to get some ideas as
to what should be in a contract. Thanks.

Shannon

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:14:27 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Copy of Contract for Leasing Car

Make sure you get a copy of their certificate of insurance on a standard
Acord format sheet, naming you as additional insured.  Other
requirements will vary but this much is crucial...

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:58:13 -0700
From: Tom Tait <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Re-tint Lens

Marv

Note as well that you and I have relatively close VINs.  Maybe a bad
batch.

Tom
10902

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:54:53 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Why I love the Delorean

Group,

If you are a lone owner some distance from a club, I encourage you
to make the extra effort to join and get together, even if only
occasionally. If you ever have a chance to caravan with one or more
DeLoreans, DO IT!

Cameron Dengler and I made the run from Vegas to Phoenix and back
this past weekend with our families (my wife drove the chase Yukon
with luggage and extra kids).  The AZ-D was having their holiday
party and we weren't going to miss it!  I think we pulled eleven
DeLoreans together in Phoenix, including a "new car" delivery from
DMCH to the party!

This was my first chance to really drive any distance since I bought
my D in May.  It's been chomping at the bit being a daily driver.  I
had no idea how much it wanted to GO.

Both DeLoreans performed flawlessly round-trip, gobbling up the
hills between Vegas and Phoenix.  I rarely had to downshift, so I
really have no justifiable complaint about the power of my D.
Downhill was a blast... soaring through curves at 75 MPH in neutral
for 2-3 minutes at a time.

With the sun shining, 88 MPH on the GPS speedo and Cameron's iPod
broadcasting "Back in Time" to all three cars on "Radio Free DMC,"
we had a great time on the return.

Best Wishes for D Holidays,

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

P.S. Bernie, you are not alone. I broke my speedo too. :)

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:11:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

I don't think you will get a "contract". Generally you just negotiate
price, amount of time, moving or still, etc. It is VERY important to
get BEFORE THE CAR LEAVES YOUR HANDS a Certificate Of Insurance. Often
you can negotiate to go with the car, eat off the craft truck, and get
a copy of whatever they shoot. You should also agree on the condition
of the car so if anything should happen there is no argument about the
damage being there before. Maybe take a full set of pictures
beforehand with a representitive. You might want to remove the license
plates and don't leave ANYTHING loose in the car that you care about.
Most of the time these people are pretty honest but you have to
protect yourself always. If you do not use a broker then you have to
protect yourself, there is no one else to help you. The production
company usually will insist on flat-bedding the car to and from the
shoot. Let them do it. That way they are sure the car will be
available and less chance of damage. You can also try to negotiate
yourself into the credits, Good Luck!

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:41:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: For Sale: DeLorean Literature

I had somebody contact me over the weekend with
DeLorean literature for sale.  eMail is below.  If
interested, please take this off line and contact Mike
at his email (MLabKCC[at]aol[dot]com) or phone number,
(434) 277-5579.  Thanks.

Regards, Wayne / VIN2447

Hello,
My father recently passed away, and was a lifelong
Chrysler man, where we lived in Detroit, MI. He may
have been friends with John Z. I found in his personal
effects a computer generated oem printout of every
Delorean part with part number and price, as well as
many owners manuals and a couple service manuals.
These are in new condition. I'd like to sell the
entire lot in one sale, as I do not own a Delorean
auto.  Here is a complete list of what I have.........

7 black/silver spiral bound 1981 owner's manuals
2 gray/black technical information manuals
4 small transporter hand books
1 national dealer list book
2 fold out sales brochures
1 vehicles maintenance schedule/record booklet one 85
page parts list with cover letter from corporate
headquarters in Irvine CA.

I'd like the highest offer above US$100 for the ENTIRE
package.  I'm located in Amherst, Virginia. My tel.
number is 434 277-5579.

Thanks.
Mark

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:26:15 -0000
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: See pic

See the pic I uploaded to see how low the car is now, would like to
see someone else's pic with the Eibach kit.

Pat

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:19:57 -0000
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Eibach springs/shock set

First, I would like to thank everyone who posted regarding my question
on turbocharging.  This is a great resource for us non-mechanical
types, and who knows how I'd survive without it.

When I bought my car it had the chopped spring setup to lower the car,
which looks nice but is REAL LOW.  After working with my mechanic, we
have decided the handling would be much better with the Eibach setup,
and would correct some the alignment and handling issues.

Anyone have this kit?  If so, what was the optimal setting for the
adjustable rear?

Thanks
Pat

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:01:06 -0000
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: #3932 looks to be a reasonable price

considering all the work the seller claims to have done.  Any reason
why people insist on selling cheap considering all the work and money
they have spent?  Just think a car like that should sell at least
$5,000 more.

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:18:17 EST
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Eibach springs/shock set

Pat.. I have the Eibach spring/shock kit.  It was installed this past  summer
with new tires and it is well worth the money.  Before the Eibach it  had a
stock spring and shock set that had been lowered and it was fine,  but the
Eibach makes it ride incredibly well..glued to the road, handling  is incredible.
It was expensive, but worth the money.  I'm not sure  what it is set at and
will have to get it on my lift to tell you.

Roy
0893

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:50:28 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

Bernie, Marv,
     The drive to and from Las Vegas has claimed many an angle
drive.  Mine went on the previous Las Vegas run and when it quits I
also lose cruise control.  I will say this: Marv has GPS in his car
and there is a digital speedometer on it which continued to
function.  One more reason to spring for GPS.  That's a heck of a
lot better than trying to explain to the officer that you were
going "00".
     We had 12 DeLoreans at the party and 14 owners for a total of
33 people.  10 cars showed up later at the show as well.  It was
really a good time to be had by all.  We had owners from as far away
as Las Vegas, Tucson, and Houston, TX.  One of our owners had just
returned from Maine that morning and still chose to spend the day
with us.  We really have a great group!

I hope everyone will make some time to come join us this year.

Matt Olans
VIN 16816
www.az-d.org