From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:08 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3025

1. Coolant
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

2. Re: DeLorean in AutoWeek
From: Jeff Angwin <jeff_at_dml_delorean.com>

3. Re: Re: Revolving License Plate
From: "Ed B." <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>

4. Running Rich!?
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>

5. Re: Eibach springs/shock set
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Re: Re-tint Lens
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: #3932 looks to be a reasonable price
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

8. Failed emmissions AGAIN
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Why I love the Delorean
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

10. Idle mixture screw
From: "vin4258" <vin4258_at_dml_delorean.com>

11. Re: DCS Video and audio needed
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

12. Re: Revolving License Plate
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:47:18 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Coolant

When the car has no coolant in it, how much will it take to fill it up?  I put one gallon in yesterday (50/50), ran it in the driveway, then put another gallon in this morning.  Will it take more tomorrow?
(it's not leaking anywhere).  Thanks for the help.

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:50:46 -0800
From: Jeff Angwin <jeff_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean in AutoWeek

Link to the article:
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103700

Jeff Angwin
VIN 3034

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:35:58 -0500
From: "Ed B." <mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Revolving License Plate

According to the website: " ...you get rid of snow and dirt that sticks to your license plate ... in order to optimize the photo quality at
speed & cartoll cameras".   Ummmm, yeah... sure.  I think it's pretty
clear what the "intent" is with regards to the toll cameras and the ability to have your licence plate "disappear"...  Might be good device for a car that's a little less, umm, rare, than a D.

- ed

1982 DMC-12 [11594]
1986.5 928S
1990 Coupe Quattro 20V

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:27:53 -0000
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Running Rich!?

 I'm having a slight issue with my car... Before the car warms up, the car almost wants to die if I press the gas... Meaning the RPMS go wayyy down. After the car warms up, pedal response is close to normal.
But still its not PERFECT. Also, I smell gas A LOT in my exhaust... so I'm assuming that the car is running rich, I really dont know why....
Any Ideas???

Thank you

Freddie Wise

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:28:51 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Eibach springs/shock set

Here is a series of pictures of my car (not any more) using that same suspension.

http://www.dmcnews.com/BuyNSell/2466forsale.html

Expensive suspension (now) but I like it.

Dave Swingle

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:23:18 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re-tint Lens

My tail light lenses are also unevenly faded in the exact same way. I thought it was because perhaps the passenger side of the car received more long term UV exposure than the left during some point in it's history since there appears to be more evidence of UV damage along that entire side, but I've had other owners tell me that this is a common phenomena.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:21:56 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: #3932 looks to be a reasonable price

It's very simple, it's to "cut your losses".  Sometimes it's better to lose money on the sale and get use of the cash, than to continue to pump alot of money into it (after all, who wants to keep one that can't get out of the driveway, you have to make it driveable).  Not sure which eats more money, a Delorean or a boat.  Now everyone . . .
don't take this wrong and be offended, we all know financial predictability is one thing the car doesn't have. I had at one time offered my car for sale for the above reasons, but just couldn't part with it and decided to keep it (I was giving it away considering what I had into it and the condition, glad I didn't sell it).  And this is my second one.  Besides, college for the kids is overrated anyway.

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:19:08 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Failed emmissions AGAIN

Its going to get harder and harder to convince my wife that owning this car is a good idea...

Here are the new numbers:

HC: 18 and 16  CO: .00 and .00  NO: 1071 and 1404

Last weeks numbers:

HC: 16 and 13 CO: .02 and .02  NO: 1147 and 1283

Here is my plan, I have ordered a new cat from special t auto and will do a complete tune-up. Could there be anything else wrong with my car?
I know the mixture and timing are correct.

Nathan

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:51:29 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Why I love the Delorean

Go over to dmcnews.com and look in the "other files" and you will find an RPM to MPH conversion table for automatics and 5-speeds. Print the one for your car out, laminate it, and leave it laying in your binnicle. It may not be accurate but it will keep you out of trouble until you can fix your angle drive. A lot cheaper than a GPS.

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:24:45 -0000
From: "vin4258" <vin4258_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Idle mixture screw

After a full tune up on vin 4258 I was still not passing emissions until I purchased a 3mm allen wrench and toned it down a little.  I was surprised that I had to turn the idle mixture screw counterclockwise between 1/4 and 1/2 turn to get it under the passing threshold.  My question is, what are the ramifications of having the screw set to where the CO reading is very low as opposed to just barely passing regulations?  Is there anything else important I should know just in case this would cause premature engine damage.  The car runs perfectly now as it did before (but no fuel stench when it's running in the garage.)

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:50:52 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DCS Video and audio needed

Photos count as well we use them as slide shows so yes that is fine Ken

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:50:23 -0000
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_netcom.no>
Subject: Re: Revolving License Plate

It could be useful before approaching speed cameras! :)

Stian B.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_y...>