From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:24 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3033

1. Hervey Performance Air Breather with DMCH Free Flow Exhaust,
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Re: Plastic and Metal Door Guides (was: Door Oddity?)
From: Johnny Sawyer <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. Re: Plastic and Metal Door Guides (was: Door Oddity?)
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. New Challenge for DCS 2006 HELP!!!!!
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Failed emmissions AGAIN
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Re: Failed emmissions AGAIN
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:00:58 -0000
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Hervey Performance Air Breather with DMCH Free Flow Exhaust,

has anyone tried this set-up.  Wanted to know it the breather was upgraded enough to allow more air flow.  Then, is the free flow exhaust unbearibly loud in the cabin?

Next question, any modifications needed for fuel mixture?  Lambda?

Pat

PS, thanks to everyone on concerning the Eibach set up, will be on the car next week.  Can't wait.  My christmas present to my car.

Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:29:44 -0700
From: Johnny Sawyer <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Plastic and Metal Door Guides (was: Door Oddity?)

We also have VIN 783 in Tucson that has no door guides at all.  First time
I've ever seen one without!

Johnny
5518
AZ-D

Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:22:46 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Daniel,

Other owners have been emailing me.

10757 metal
10820 (mine) plastic.
10911 plastic.
10920 (yours) metal
10987 metal
10989 metal

Looks like they ran out a few cars ahead of you until more arrived in
January.

Marv
#10820

Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:50:14 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: New Challenge for DCS 2006 HELP!!!!!

I have a few cartoons depicting DeLorean related topics.
some direct to the company others with just references

If anyone has some of these and would like to share them with everyone at
the DCS Chicago show please forward them to me

thanks

Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:28:42 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Failed emmissions AGAIN

Detonation in simple terms is the knock or pinging sound that you here on occasion if you
lug the engine or try to accelerate quickly in 5th gear while the engine rpm is below 1500
it is sometimes called dieseling. it is caused when the air fuel mixture ignites prematurely
or before the sparkplug fires. the ignition source is usually the combination of high
combustion air temps and or hot carbon deposites on the top of the piston igniting the
fuel mixture.

Dennis

Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 03:55:51 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Re: Failed emmissions AGAIN

Detonation in this context occurs when the fuel/air mixture ignites at the wrong
time - usually as the mixture is being compressed in the cylinder but before
the spark plug fires.  You hear this as a knock or ping.  This is very hard on
pistons, rings, and the stuff below the piston as the momentum of the engine
is being checked by the premature detonation.

This happens more often on high compression engines and engines with
turbochargers or superchargers.  Higher octane gasoline is harder to
ignite even with a spark, so that is why it is recommended for high
compression or forced induction engines.

-------------- Original message from "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>: --------------