From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 6:30 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3042

1. Reproduction tires needed! Re: Front Tires still needed
From: "Eric" <hollywood2311_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Re: Before the internet
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

3. Fast Car?
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

4. Re: No More Deloreans?
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Before the internet
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Before the internet
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

7. RE: Another DeLorean giveaway in 2006
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

8. Re: Battery for Delorean
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Reproduction tires needed! Re: Front Tires still needed
From: "Cliff Wallace" <thereddog_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

10. Re: Canadian Deloreans
From: François Laplante <laplanca_at_dml_videotron.ca>

11. RE: Reproduction tires needed! Re: Front Tires still needed
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

12. Happy Holidays
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. RE: Re: No More Deloreans?
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

14. Re: Fast Car?
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

15. Reproduction tires needed! Re: Front Tires still needed
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: No More Deloreans?
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Residual bad blood - was: Before the internet
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Fast Car?
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Reproduction tires needed! Re: Front Tires still needed
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: No More Deloreans?
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

21. Re: Re: Battery for Delorean
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

22. Re: No More Deloreans?
From: doki_pen <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: Fast Car?
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

24. New DMCH Exhaust
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

25. Re: Battery for Delorean
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:39:04 -0000
From: "Eric" <hollywood2311_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Reproduction tires needed! Re: Front Tires still needed

Here's to hoping that DMCH can indeed get the stock wheels remanufactured in 16/17 inch sizes (as James Espey said they were checking into on dmchelp.com).

Eric C
VIN 1776

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:15:08 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Before the internet

BI (before internet) you mainly depended on the resources of a car club. The Delorean Owner's Association did a lot to "keep the flame alive". Delorean One also deserves a lot of the credit along with Kapac (Consolidated) who gambled a fortune on the remaining cars and parts. PJ Grady stuck it out too along with Don Steger in California.
Hemmings Motor News was some help but the internet has changed everything about how things are done now. It is very easy to forget how it used to be "back in the day" as they say now. After DMC went into bankrupcy there was a lot of speculation about the demise of the whole thing. People bailed out and prices dropped. Those who stuck it out deserve a lot of credit for where we are now. There were also some other smaller vendors that couldn't survive and most of the dealers that origionally sold the car wanted nothing to do with them after getting burnt on warranty work and not being able to get parts after investing a lot of money in the company and losing that too. Don't forget a lot of people (investors mainly, including the British
government) lost a lot of money and had nothing good to say about the car. A lot of people were hoping it would go away. If not for the BTTF movies there would probably be very few Deloreans on the road today!
They came along at just the right time to keep interest in the car alive.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, doki_pen <doki_pen_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> What did some of you long time owners do for assistance and parts
availability before you could use the internet as a resource?

> Also, do you think obscure cars, such as the delorean, would face
less ownership if it weren't for the knowledge that help and parts availability is only a button click away?

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:27:43 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Fast Car?

I have people ask me the usual questions I'm sure all of us hear (what does it cost?  Where do you get parts for it?  Is the flux capacitor working?  How many engines did GM produce for these?  etc.), but I don't know the answer to one of them:  "Is it a fast car?"  Seeing it's 25 years old, I don't drive it "fast" - usually 75 on the interstate, but never over 80, which means I'm in the center lane.
But assuming it was in perfect shape, and nothing would fall off, is it considered a fast car?  How fast?  Would it be passed by a Toyota Pruis?  A mustang?  Corvette?  Had a Lamborghini blow by me today on the interstate, didn't even think about trying to speed up a little to check it out.  How does it compare to other cars out there?

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:47:15 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: No More Deloreans?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "geoff_ombao" <geoff_ombao_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that there haven't been any Deloreans listed
on ebaymotors for
> the past few days. First time I've seen that marketplace run dry
since I started shopping for
> mine a bit less than a year ago.
>
> Just an observation.

Maybe all the crooks who put up fraudulent listings are getting the hint?

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:10:37 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, doki_pen <doki_pen_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> ...do you think obscure cars, such as the delorean, would face less
ownership if it weren't for the knowledge that help and parts availability is only a button click away?

Yes, I do, but I don't limit that to rare or obscure cars. I purchased a '79 Corvette almost three years ago, and had it not been for the Corvette Forum (corvetteforum.com), my ownership experience would have been a whole lot worse. It's like being on the DML X 1000, except for Vettes. Any kind of Vette. More real world experience and advice on any Vette related topic that you can ever imagine. It's an enormous forum. Even if you don't own a Vette, I highly recommend their Off Topic forum. It's an experience!

> Growing up in the 80's and 90's, I wasn't in the financial position
to own a delorean until two years ago.  I had been following the mailing lists and already knew who PJ Grady was when owning one of these cars was but a dream.  Personally, the decision to puchase one, especially one needing as much work as mine did, was made much easier knowing all these resources were made so readily available.

If it were not for the Internet, I would not have a D today. While it was thee dream car for me, I considered a DeLorean a high end exotic.
I assumed by now it was highly collectible, so probably as unattainable as most Ferraris, Lambos, etc. Had I not Googled "DeLorean" out of curiosity one day in '03, I might still think that, and had never known the car of my dreams was still within reach. I bookmarked all the primary DeLorean related sites and read them all over and over and over, so by the time I purchased I knew who all the "players" in the community were, and I had a clue about what I was getting myself into. Heck, I still read all the sites over and over, lol. The DML, The AZ-D Yahoo Group and DMC Help Forum make the ownership of this car much easier and fun.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:17:33 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Re: Before the internet

Jon,

Being most likely the first private person to do a ground up restore
(1982-84 and behond)I can safely say,that the vendors at the time ONLY cared if you spent money with them,and the same went with the "local" DMC dealerships at the time)they gave no helpful advice,and DID not care,except for me spending $$$ in their parts department.And with no workshop manuals available in that time frame,you were on your own,in other words,I had to figure out,for example how to lift the body off the frame,how to remove the doors,and the torsion bars etc,Basically I had to 101 the Delorean on my own,and in a way had to make my "own workshop manual" as I went along,Remember NO workshop manuals in that time frame!! For me parts were easy to find since I was doing a ground up,I advertised in newspapers,for "Delorean parts wanted" and got calls,parts and leads from all over the greater New England area,I EVEN got a call and a very nice gentleman offered to sell to me/ claimed he had a Tan Interior/sliding windows Delorean,(the proto or ?),if I was interested in buying it.(in the shoreline area of Connecticut)he was very sincere about it, but I never followed up on it,and never went to see it,as at that time I did NOT know the full impact of what that meant,(tan interior/sliding windows thing)and as I was looking for parts,or parts cars,and not another Delorean,it just was a waste of time,at that time.It still makes me sick today, when I think how I passed that opportunity up!
Speaking from experience,from doing a resto without any outside (vendor)help,all you have to do is look at the Bricklin(I am Not putting those cars down,since I own a mint one)BUT they don't have the same vendor/cult following as the Delorean,and as such are not as popular and in demand.But even the Bricklin is helped out with the Internet.What made it "easier" to own a Delorean,was a "mental confidence" that most people started getting(in my case 1995)when I bought my first desktop computer and went on line(at 14.4Kps)and typed in "delorean" for the first time and found "others"(sites and people,few,but growing) that had a interest in Deloreans in "real time"(abit slow,but still real time),taking my Delorean community,as I knew it, from being a local thing to being a nationwide "real time"
community,then later to a worldwide community. Actually I started at the age of 17,with the FIRST "Delorean car" in the 70's which was the Pontiac Gto's(seven of them at one point),then worked up to John's other car the Chevy Vega(gt) and Motion.Per.V8 Vega,then the Bricklins,then the Deloreans,now down to just one Bricklin.
The only drawback I could see is that,before the internet,the Delorean seemed like a more rare car to own,as it seemed that each person was more isolated,in their ownership/buying of a Delorean,which made the car feel so rare to own.With the coming of the Internet,along came what seemed/seems like a glutten of Deloreans for sale,easy to find them/locate them,then Ebay and other sites come along,making it "couch potato" easy to buy,sell and EVEN pay,and even having it delivered!! And in some cases getting dirt cheap Deloreans,and all that with the push of a few keystrokes,and without
even stepping out your front door.Welcome to the 21st. Century

cbl

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:12:46 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Another DeLorean giveaway in 2006

I would rather take my chances at the raffle at DCS.  Odds are better.  :)

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:17:20 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Battery for Delorean

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_c...> wrote:

> I would recommend
> the red top for the 3 year no questions asked warranty, the others are
> only one year.  But, I do have to say this, I have a red top in 4045
> and have has to replace it 3 times so far, though the 3rd battery
> seems to be holding up.

Don't know why you are having to replace you Red Tops, but if you have a car that will drain it's battery while sitting, but don't have a battery cut off switch installed to prevent it, perhaps an Optima Yellow Top would be a better choice. Your car will still drain it to the point you may need a jump, but since it's a "deep cycle" battery it's actually made to be thoroughly drained and recharged over and over and over again, Yellow tops are resilient in that way, and Red Tops are not, so if you drain and recharge Red Tops repeatedly, it shortens their life considerably. My '79 Vette chewed one up and spit one out in under a year. My fault, not the fault of Optima. My DeLorean has a cut off switch, so no mystery drain problems.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:32:37 -0000
From: "Cliff Wallace" <thereddog_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Thanks Tom and Dan for the advice!  I recently had a few "old timers"
around here in Norman tell me their experiences with the steel belting flying apart while driving down the highway on one of his classic cars.  Luckily, he was able to control the car and stop without causing any damage to it.
I didn't realize how quickly rubber tires deteriorated.  Yes, I definitely need new front tires, that's why I've been looking for a pair to match the rear, but it seems from your postings, my rear tires at age 10+ years are too old as well.
I drive the car once a week about 20 miles just to keep her running good. Most of the car is still factory original so, I don't drive it very far. I'm aware of all the updates it needs, but I want to just do a little at a time.

So, now I'll just give up on the vintage tire search and get new replacements. I don't want to have a blow out on the Interstate.
I know one New Years resolution I'll be acting on.

Regards,
Cliff
10525

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:54:01 -0500
From: François Laplante <laplanca_at_dml_videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: Canadian Deloreans

Hi Mike,

The "canadians" Deloreans were built during the 4 last months of 1982, but are considered 1983 models. They all show 17xxx series of VIN #'s.
Caracteristics include metric speedometer (240Kh/150Mh), no gaz flaps and maybe a different exaust system  (It has the double lean exhaust pipes according to certains owners...).

You could have more details from the following site:

http://www.geocities.com/deloreancanada/owners.html

Welcome as a "canadian" Delorean owner!

François Laplante,
V1N 17145

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:10:36 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

The tires I got rid of yesterday were the GT+4s anyway.

I'm happy so far with the Goodrich TA Radials, there are good deals to be had out there on them,  All 4 were about $350 mounted installed balanced and road hazard from Sam's Club, but the fronts (TA Traction) only came blackwall/black letters - sounds like you may still want white letters.

Good luck, enjoy the holidays.

Tom

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:19:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Joey Morgan <jlm1701music_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Happy Holidays

Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays. Hope its
a good one for everyone. All the best to you and your
families.

Joey Morgan

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:14:04 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Re: No More Deloreans?

Who wants to deal with selling a car during the Holidays?  I know I've been
way to busy the last few days.

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:49:27 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Fast Car?

It's slow by today's standards.  Most anything built in the last few years
will outperform it.  Back in the early '80's it wasn't too far off the mark,
but it was still slower than it's primary competition at the time.

-------------- Original message from "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>: --------------

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:29:15 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I'm not personally not interested in a set of 16"/17" wheels,
otherwise I'd be on the phone to Foose. I'm happy with factory. I just
want a selection of good performance tires that fit.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:36:25 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Agreed,

Deloreans seem to have an unfair share or fake ads.

Nathan

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:17:22 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Residual bad blood - was: Before the internet

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_o...> wrote:

> ...Don't
> forget a lot of people (investors mainly, including the British
> government) lost a lot of money and had nothing good to say about the
> car. A lot of people were hoping it would go away.

Usually when I show my car, it's met with a mix of everything from
feelings of nostalgia to curiosity, fascination, amazement,
appreciation, etc. With the exception of some bias against it from a
few of the American Muscle cars owners, it generally receives nothing
but positive attention until one evening a older British fellow
happened along. He approached me, and he was polite, but his opinion
of the car, DMC and John DeLorean were not very favorable. In so many
words he made it clear to me that he saw the result of his swindled
and wasted tax dollars sitting parked right there before him. Again,
he was a truly polite gentleman, but he made sure that I knew how he
and many other British taxpayers felt about how their money was
misappropriated and misused to create what I displayed so proudly. I
tried to be nice and gently lighthearted about the topic to ease the
tension, but I could feel the significant lever of genuine bitterness
he was holding back. That encounter was a first for me.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:28:14 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_m...> wrote:

> I have people ask me the usual questions...but I
> don't know the answer to one of them: is
> it considered a fast car?

That's subjective, and it can depend on how you look at it. I
personally see a difference between "quick" and "fast". Is the
DeLorean quick? In the grand scheme of things, no. I've read that
stock it ran the 1/4 mile in like 16.5 seconds when tested, then later
I read that was the 170 hp version without the emissions equipment
that ran the 16.5. That time is lousy. Add the emission equipment, and
I'm afraid to ask what it would run. Tamir's Web site says that the
Legend twin turbo prototype ran a 14.7 when tested. 14.7 is "good",
but far from great. I had what most would consider a "slow" '79 Vette.
It ran a 14.8 needing a tune up. So, is the stock D "quick"? I'd have
to say no.

Is the DeLorean fast? I've read the top speed of a stock D is 130 MPH.
If you were driving a car at 130 MPH would you say that you were going
"fast"? Probably. So, is the DeLorean fast? I'd have to say yes.

The DeLorean is fast, but since it's not quick it will take you awhile
to reach it's top speed.

> How fast? Would it be passed by a Toyota
> Pruis?  A mustang?  Corvette?  Had a Lamborghini blow by me today on
> the interstate, didn't even think about trying to speed up a little to
> check it out.  How does it compare to other cars out there?

Is the DeLorean a sports car? Yes. Is the DeLorean a high performance
car? NO! The DeLorean is fast, but not as fast as many other sports
cars that are high performance. You would never catch up to any
Lamborghini who didn't allow you to. Would you be passed by a Prius?
Doubtful. Would you be passed by a Mustang? Depends on the Mustang,
but any V8 will, and a lot of V6s could too. A Corvette? If it was
produced after '55, without a doubt.

Keep one thing in perspective. The DeLorean was produced at a time
when performance in all cars was all but eliminated in the U.S.
primarily due to emissions regulations among other things. I mean, a
government regulation required our DeLoreans to have an 85 MPH
speedometer! Even though the "clamp down" started in the early '70s,
by the '80s the technology to compensate still didn't exist like it
does today. All late '70s - early '90s cars were slow compared to
performance cars from the Muscle Car era of '64-'74, that JZD started,
and to the cars of today that can be high performance, environmentally
friendly, economical and safe. It's not fair to compare a DMC-12 to a
C5 Vette, or a '67 Vette. You must compare it to an '81 or an '82.
Those two model year Vettes were still faster than the DMC-12, but the
DMC-12 could out handle an both of them. The DMC-12 was faster than
the Cross Fire Injected Trans Ams and Z28s available at that time. At
least, that's what I've read.

If I'm incorrect on any of this, somebody help me out.

How's that for too much answer to a simple question? I appreciate the
car for what it is, and try not to care too much about what it's not.
All my friends with C5s can smoke me on the pavement, but at a car
show they have nothing on me. Their cars are depreciating. Mine is
appreciating. There's more to loving a particular car than just being
able to go faster than the next guy.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:43:37 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Wallace" <thereddog_at_dml_s...> wrote:

> So, now I'll just give up on the vintage tire search and get new
> replacements. I don't want to have a blow out on the Interstate.
> I know one New Years resolution I'll be acting on.

Smart move. Just be safe. I'm due for a new set myself, just from age.

Don't discard those NCTs! Keep 'em. They have value if their cosmetic
appearance is still good. The owner of a concours car/trailer queen
may want to buy them from you someday, or you could place them on
eBay. They may be unsafe to ride on, but they are definitely not trash.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:53:23 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Even the "crooks" take the Holidays off.They be back!!Most likely
even more cunning,with better ways and better means,and from what I
understand and have read,you WILL have to be careful what you click
on in the auction(s)as a example: when making a bid,the screen comes
on for your Id/password,so you put that in so that you can go on to
making your bid,guess what... you just gave your password to the
scammers,always look in the address bar,to see what it says AFTER the
http:// as that is usually where they stick their redirection.
example:http://ebay.com would be http://scammer.com/ebay.com .
be careful out there.

cbl

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:58:05 +0100
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Re: Re: Battery for Delorean

Hi
<SNIP>
> My
> DeLorean has a cut off switch, so no mystery drain problems.
>
> Dan W.

Dan, you shouldn't need a battery cut off switch! Instead of installing a
switch you should fix the drain. My car has been sitting untouched for three
months now with the battery connected. I didn't do anything, did not
recharge it, did not disconnect any circuits. The car started at first try
after cranking for less than a second. The voltage at the battery is within
limits. It used to drain the battery within about a month but I rebuilt the
door lock module and it's all good ever since.
BTW, it's really killing me that I can't drive the car but ever since my
lower ball joint came apart the car is just sitting waiting for warmer
weather. Because of the ball joint I damaged the frame and now I need to do
a frame restoration.

Take care

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl
www.deloreana.com

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:07:59 -0800 (PST)
From: doki_pen <doki_pen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Maybe cuz it's the holidays?

Jon

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:39:59 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

I have had Winged1 up to a (calculated) speed of 140mph, in central
Montana.  I say "calculated" because I have never changed the
speedometer face to read a value higher that 85 mph.  It took a while
to get to the top speed, and I still had some room left on the
tachometer.  The car is limited by horsepower for top speed.  This
speed run was done shortly before I lowered the car down (or should I
say WAY down?), so the top speed may be higher or lower now, depending
on the aerodynamic effects of the change in stance.  Sometimes
lowering can increase down-force (which was my goal), but this will
result in higher aerodynamic drag if other design elements are not
changed.  I always tell people that the car is "quick", but not
necessarily world-class "fast".

BTW - I believe that the official top speed was listed as "130 mph,
estimated".

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:18:16 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: New DMCH Exhaust

I just got my new DMCH Performance Exhaust yesterday and took photos of
it today.

I must say it was packed rather well in the huge box.

If anybody would like to see good detailed close up pictures feel free
to send me a email off list and i will send you my photos.

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:42:41 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_p...> wrote:

> Hi
> <SNIP>
> > My
> > DeLorean has a cut off switch, so no mystery drain problems.
> >
> > Dan W.
>
> Dan, you shouldn't need a battery cut off switch! Instead of
installing a
> switch you should fix the drain.

The previous owner installed the butterfly cut off switch in the
battery compartment. Don't know if it has a drain or not, but it would
not surprise me if it does. Guess I will ask him the next time I see
him. If it does I don't know if I want to go on another phantom drain
hunt like I did with my Vette. Not knowing if it's going to start or
not every time I want to take it out, and if the battery is dead, then
I have to deal with that pain. The switch is there, so it's just
easier to cut the juice.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D