Subject:[DML] Digest Number 3400
From:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Date:8 Sep 2006 02:00:23 -0000
To:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

1a. Re: The Delorean lifestyle
From: tuxr

1b. Re: The Delorean lifestyle
From: Nathan Sobieralski

1c. Re: The Delorean lifestyle
From: Marv Hein

2a. Last D Sold (was DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th)
From: Patrick Conlon

2b. Re: Last D Sold (was DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th)
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com

3a. Re: Re Last new DMC sold!
From: Jack Singer

3b. Re: Re Last new DMC sold!
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com

3c. Re: Re Last new DMC sold!
From: Jack Singer

4a. Re: Cracked windshield...
From: Mike Bosworth

4b. Re: Cracked windshield...
From: David Teitelbaum

4c. Re: Cracked windshield...
From: H

4d. Re: Cracked windshield...
From: timnagin

4e. Re: Cracked windshield...
From: Mike Bosworth

4f. Re: Cracked windshield...
From: Ryan Wright

5a. Re: DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th
From: Mike Bosworth

5b. Re: DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th
From: Gary G

5c. Re: DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com

6a. Last car sold (WAS:DMC Florida Open House)
From: Marc Levy

6b. Re: Last car sold (WAS:DMC Florida Open House)
From: DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Who owns this Supercharger?
From: Nick

8a. Delorean model
From: mikepolzin

8b. Re: Delorean model
From: PAUL LEGUTKI

9. Universal Orlando confirms BTTF Ride closure
From: BTTF.com

10. DELOREAN DOWN UNDER AUSTRALIA :)
From: braunshairco

11. Re: "Michael J. Fox: The E! True Hollywood Story" premieres Septembe
From: Flavia

Messages

1a. Re: The Delorean lifestyle
Posted by: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com tuxr
Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:06 am (PDT)

As reliable as a Camry??? Come on, we all like the car, but it
never was, isn't currently, and never will be as reliable as a camry
or any other modern car, no matter how much time and money is put
into it. And we ALL like the looks and attention it gets, we don't
own it for "us" and "no one else". And I've had two, driven alot,
have never had encountered "extreme hostility". Why are people
extremely hostile to you when you drive the car?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tell you if you ask." <racuti1_at_dml_...>
wrote:

>> And now for a "reality check",
>>
>> I agree with most of what the guys have said about reliability and
>> maintaining the car. You'll buy one, you'll fight with it for a

year

>> or 2, replace a bunch of parts and then it'll be as reliable as

your

>> Camry.
>>
>> I totally disagree with the very rosy picture people paint about
>> throngs of adoring well-wishers at every filling station and
>> Silverstream Diner on the highway.
>>
>> First, do NOT buy the car if you care about what other people may
>> think about it. No everyone does NOT love BTTF. Plenty of folks

think

>> it's nerdy on the level of Star Trek. I have learned (at least in

my

>> location) that the DeLorean is a love/hate relationship. Yes, I've
>> had plenty of encounters with very friendly, curious people from

kids

>> to oldsters who say "Wow I haven't seen one of those in 20 years!"
>>
>> I have ALSO had people scream "Piece of $#!t!", throw things at

me,

>> spit on it, argue with me over who actually built it, what kind of
>> car it is, and John DeLorean's lack of moral fortitude and

criminal

>> history. Oh, and now since it's come to light that that idiot Mark
>> Karr the child-porn purveyor owned one, we're now lumped into the
>> pedophile category. Lastly, I often have to sit through lectures

on

>> the car's lack of performance and how overpriced it was, as if
>> somehow my driving the car was forcing these people to endure
>> the "poor performance" of the DeLorean sports car.
>>
>> I don't mean to make it sound all negative. It's not. I get the
>> thumbs up and a grin from Ferrari and Lamborghini owners all the
>> time. I've made a lot of good friends.
>> I'm just telling you that I was totally unprepared for the

baseless,

>> and extreme hostility I've encounted at times as if merely owning

the

>> car was a personal affront to some people. Oh, I built and

installed

>> a flux capacitor just for the purpose of shutting up those clever

gas-

>> station comedians.
>>
>> Mine started as a daily driver until I got mad about the price of
>> gasoline and bought an all-electric truck for my daily commute to

the

>> Metro. It's perfectly reliable. I've never been towed or stranded
>> (been close once in 4 1/2 years).
>>
>> I'll tell you though that the DeLorean is the best therapy that

money

>> can buy and it's cheaper than a professional shrink. From quiet
>> afternoons doing mechanical work, to cruising out to the Eastern
>> Shore of Maryland. When I drive it, and lock the satellite radio

in

>> on the '80's channel, I'm 17 years old again. It's a supremely
>> satisfying experience and nothing that any nay-sayers have to say
>> about it will ruin it for me. You buy the car for you, and no one
>> else.
>>
>> Rich A.

>> know what it's like being a Delorean owner (I know, loaded

question

>> right?). I see lots of smiling faces at the Delorean shows.
>> Everyone loves BTTF.

What's

>> it like when you pull into a gas station? When the general public
>> sees you, how do people react? Do people, for the most part think
>> it's neat? Or do they crack smartass cocaine jokes (like my dad
>> does)?

>> Should I get a refurb from DMC Texas? What's the best insurance
>> company for them? Am I asking too many questions? Ok that's all

for

>> tonight!

difference

>> on whether I make the big step and get the car that I fell in love
>> with as a five year old kid watching BTTF.

Messages in this topic (11)

1b. Re: The Delorean lifestyle
Posted by: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com valleyrat12
Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:14 am (PDT)

My response to the "where's the flux capacitor?" query goes as
follows:

Delorean offered the flux capacitor as a factory option for the 1984
model. Since the company went bankrupt the prototype 1984 models
were sold to FOX for use in the Back to the Future series.

Usually they just stand there dumbfounded.

Nathan

Messages in this topic (11)

1c. Re: The Delorean lifestyle
Posted by: "Marv Hein" marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com marvhein
Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 6:58 pm (PDT)

I installed one of Johnny Sawyer's flux capacitors.

They usually only get half the question out before they see it
operating...

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski"
<valleyrat12_at_dml_...> wrote:

>> My response to the "where's the flux capacitor?" query goes as
>> follows:
>>
>> Delorean offered the flux capacitor as a factory option for the

1984

>> model. Since the company went bankrupt the prototype 1984 models
>> were sold to FOX for use in the Back to the Future series.
>>
>> Usually they just stand there dumbfounded.
>>
>> Nathan
>> 2277

Messages in this topic (11)

2a. Last D Sold (was DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th)
Posted by: "Patrick Conlon" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com p12c16
Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:08 am (PDT)

Somewhat on topic...Isn't there still a DeLorean that is not titled
for sale at its original dealership in Texas? As I recall they
wanted some large sum of money for it a few years back. Maybe I'm
mistaken. This was on the DML a few years ago.

-Patrick C.
1880

On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:17 PM, DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

>> Yes, the last car built was the 3rd gold car with the miss matched
>> door. The last DeLorean ever sold was my Concours Car Vin 6041. It was
>> the last car that a DeLorean Dealer kept in inventory and in the
>> showroom of a original DeLorean dealer and sold to a customer (me) in
>> 1994. A dealer that took one home or put it away in a storage shed
>> past
>> 1994 and then sold it, did not sell it from his inventory / showroom.
>> My car went from the factory in Ireland to the showroom of Straub
>> Buick, Pontiac in Keyport New Jersey and was there for 12 years in the
>> showroom before it was sold to me in Ocober 1994. That car survives
>> today with 551 original miles on it and still has the original window
>> sticker affixed to the windshield. I bought the car new with 151 miles
>> on it, the 400 extra miles over the past 12 years are from exercise
>> miles. I went to see a 53 mile DeLorean 2 years ago, all excited to
>> think what I would see. To my dismay the car was not put away right
>> and
>> could not come close to 6041. When you se 6041 in person and smell the
>> new car smell that the interior still has, you know in an instant you
>> have gone back in time to when they were new. I have only seen a
>> handful of cars that are similar over my 16 years in the DeLorean
>> community.
>>
>> Tony Ierardi

Messages in this topic (16)

2b. Re: Last D Sold (was DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th)
Posted by: "DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com" DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com dmcproto1
Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 12:42 pm (PDT)

Could be and even one or two at other dealers in the US, however if they did
not keep it in the showroom and on their inventory, it's not the same. A lot
of dealer owners kept one for them selves, took them home but never titled
them. If they were to bring it back to their dealership and put it back in the
showroom, it again is not the same as if it stayed there it's whole life.
The last DeLorean ever sold was a DeLorean World story back in 1995 that was
done on VIN 6041.

Messages in this topic (16)

3a. Re: Re Last new DMC sold!
Posted by: "Jack Singer" jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net jack4545
Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:08 am (PDT)

Well I guess the last NEW DeLorean sold has yet to take place. I have
one (and I am sure there are others) that have not been sold as of yet.
Mine has the original CO, never registered with 400 miles on it. So
bragging rights will jump around as time goes by..

Jack
10002 - 400 miles
20069 - 11k miles

"Tony" <DMCPROTO1_at_dml_...> wrote:

and

as

ago

>>event.

Get the new Windows Live Messenger!

http://imagine-
<http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&sou
rc> msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&sourc
e=wlmailtagline

Messages in this topic (16)

3b. Re: Re Last new DMC sold!
    Posted by: "DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com" DMCPROTO1_at_dml_aol.com dmcproto1
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 12:43 pm (PDT)

Sold new from the dealer, from the showroom in 1994 documented as the  last
sold from dealer to customer, mine is on MSO / CO as well that  does not
matter. It's the fact of the last one sold from the showroom to a  customer. Not
Open MSO cars that are in garages around the  world.

Messages in this topic (16)

3c. Re: Re Last new DMC sold!
    Posted by: "Jack Singer" jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net jack4545
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 6:59 pm (PDT)

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: This thread is dead. Tony has clarified what he meant and there is no new information other than opinion to debate the point.]

That is like saying it was the last one sold on a Tuesday.  If it is
still listed under the dealer name and the dealer sells it, then it is
the last one sold and there are still a number of them.  Just because
yours was in a showroom versus his back room does not make a bit of
difference.  When the dealer officially sells it, that will be the next
"Last one sold" and yours will be old news..  Sorry, but that's the
simple truth.

Jack.

Sold new from the dealer, from the showroom in 1994 documented as the
last
sold from dealer to customer, mine is on MSO / CO as well that does not
matter. It's the fact of the last one sold from the showroom to a
customer. Not
Open MSO cars that are in garages around the world.

Messages in this topic (16)

4a. Re: Cracked windshield...
    Posted by: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com bozzzydmc
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:10 am (PDT)

http://www.uroglas.com/trolleyed/144/165/index.htm

Worldwide shipping.

Brand new replacement and very nice they are too  :)

Regards

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_...>
wrote:

>> Came out to my car this afternoon and my windshield has a big old
>> crack in it, darnit. It's time for a new one.
>>
>> What's the scoop on this? Does anyone actually sell a new

windshield?

>> I've read a lot of complaints about the NOS windshields and
>> delamination.
>>
>> Once I find a place to purchase a windshield, I'll have to get it
>> installed. Can any competant windshield shop take care of this, or

are

>> there special considerations? Anything specific I should look for,

or

>> ask about, when selecting a glass shop to do the work?
>>
>> Is there anything else I should replace or look into while they

have

>> the windshield out?
>>
>> -Ryan

Messages in this topic (9)

4b. Re: Cracked windshield...
    Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net jtrealtywebspannet
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:15 am (PDT)

Sometimes the crack can be repaired. You have to get in touch with a
shop that is experienced at that kind of repair and get an estimate on
the possability. If it cannot be repaired the windshields are
available from your favorite Delorean vendors. I would get shipping
insurance. No installer will give you any kind of guarantees if you
supply the glass. You can save some money (not much) by removing the
old windscreen and trim yourself. A good time to clean and paint
everything including the plate underneath which is probably very
rusty. Clean it up best you can and cover it with POR-15. Replace all
the ground straps on the trim. The installer should use primer on the
fiberglass AND the windscreen before applying the sealer. Make sure
you use the adhesive pad to install the rear view mirror. Sometimes
the glass cracks because the wire brackets on the bottom that keep the
glass from sliding down chip the glass. Make sure they are bent up
high enough so the glass can't ride over them. Windshields with the
built-in antennaes are no longer available. It is worth about $100 to
have the new one installed and about $50 if it can be repaired. Buy
new wiper blades. Inquire with your insurance company to see if you
have any glass coverage and what the deductable is. You might be
surprised to find they may cover some or all of this. As of now there
does not appear to be any confirmed cross-over for the windshield.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Soma576_at_dml_... wrote:

>> Nope.  This urban legend was covered in a Gullwing Magazine article

a  while

>> back.  They are not the same.

Messages in this topic (9)

4c. Re: Cracked windshield...
    Posted by: "H" heskin_at_dml_gmail.com henryhank
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:15 am (PDT)

Search the DMCNews archives - this has been covered extensively.

I've had two windshields replaced already at PJ Grady.

Everyone talks about the delam problems, but I don't know why it's
such a big deal - you can hardly see it once installed.

There are some tricks to getting it installed correctly -- so I
wouldn't trust a local glass shop.  Read the archives about getting
the right sticky pad for the rear-view mirror, and don't just glue it
back on.

-Hank

Messages in this topic (9)

4d. Re: Cracked windshield...
    Posted by: "timnagin" timnagin_at_dml_mindspring.com
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 12:40 pm (PDT)

At the current exchange rate that would be about $50.00 higher than buying
one from DMCH.  After my last shipping fiasco across the pond I would really
hate to see the condition glass would arrive in.

I can highly recommend using ANYONE but DHL.  You would be better off
strapping it to a donkey and whacking it on the ass letting it wander around
trying to find your address.  It would probably show up in better condition,
too.

Greg

wrote:

>> Came out to my car this afternoon and my windshield has a big old
>> crack in it, darnit. It's time for a new one.
>>
>> What's the scoop on this? Does anyone actually sell a new

windshield?

>> I've read a lot of complaints about the NOS windshields and
>> delamination.
>>
>> Once I find a place to purchase a windshield, I'll have to get it
>> installed. Can any competant windshield shop take care of this, or

are

>> there special considerations? Anything specific I should look for,

or

>> ask about, when selecting a glass shop to do the work?
>>
>> Is there anything else I should replace or look into while they

have

>> the windshield out?
>>
>> -Ryan

Messages in this topic (9)

4e. Re: Cracked windshield...
    Posted by: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com bozzzydmc
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 2:13 pm (PDT)

Agreed, as with any shipping its down to the carrier.

But one day when OEM Stock screens run out its good to know that one
of the largest vehicle glass manufactures out there is supporting
our cars with brand new ones.

Ive no connection with said manufacturer btw, just pleased
they 'came through' and decided the market was large enough for
them.

Only $50 difference after shipping ??, i though it would have been a
hell of a lot more.

Regards

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "timnagin" <timnagin_at_dml_...> wrote:

>> At the current exchange rate that would be about $50.00 higher

than buying

>> one from DMCH.  After my last shipping fiasco across the pond I

would really

>> hate to see the condition glass would arrive in.
>>
>> I can highly recommend using ANYONE but DHL.  You would be better

off

>> strapping it to a donkey and whacking it on the ass letting it

wander around

>> trying to find your address.  It would probably show up in better

condition,

>> too.
>>
>> Greg

Behalf Of

>> Mike Bosworth
>> Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:39 AM
>> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: [DML] Re: Cracked windshield...
>>
>> http://www.uroglas.com/trolleyed/144/165/index.htm
>>
>> Worldwide shipping.
>>
>> Brand new replacement and very nice they are too  :)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_>

>> windshield?

or

>> are

for,

>> or

>> have

Messages in this topic (9)

4f. Re: Cracked windshield...
    Posted by: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com ryanpwright
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 7:00 pm (PDT)

Thanks to all for your replies.

My insurance is covering all but the first hundred bucks of this. So I'm
inclined to order the brand new windshield regardless of the cost. I want to
support DMCH but I'm concerned about the delamination problems I hear so
much about, and I buy enough other parts from them I don't feel too bad
going elsewhere for this one.  :)

My biggest concern is installation. I don't want to do it myself. I'm going
to have to look around and hope there is a local glass company willing and
able to do this properly.

-Ryan

On 9/7/06, Mike Bosworth <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com> wrote:

>>   Agreed, as with any shipping its down to the carrier.
>>
>> But one day when OEM Stock screens run out its good to know that one
>> of the largest vehicle glass manufactures out there is supporting
>> our cars with brand new ones.
>>
>> Ive no connection with said manufacturer btw, just pleased
>> they 'came through' and decided the market was large enough for
>> them.
>>
>> Only $50 difference after shipping ??, i though it would have been a
>> hell of a lot more.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com <dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>, "timnagin"

>> than buying

>> would really

>> off

>> wander around

>> condition,

Messages in this topic (9)

    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:12 am (PDT)

At out recent 'Lotus 2006' event in the UK, we had the chap who had
sole responsibility for the plating of these gold panels, as one of
our guest speakers.

Interesting that you mention this mismatched door.

He did say that one of the doors, due to time restraints in the
production slot he was allocated , was not 'masked off' at all and
hence got gold plated inside and out , including inside the main
door cavity!

Would love to know which one of the 3 cars has this very special
door !

Maybe one of you guys have a way of finding out  :)

Kind Regards

Mike Bosworth

Secretary
DeLorean Owners Club UK

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCPROTO1_at_dml_... wrote:

>> Yes, the last car built was the 3rd gold car with the miss matched
>> door. The last DeLorean ever sold was my Concours Car Vin 6041. It

was

>> Tony Ierardi

___

>> Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures,

email

>> and IM. All on demand. Always Free.

Messages in this topic (16)

5b. Re: DMC Florida Open House Oct 28th
    Posted by: "Gary G" DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net dmcgman
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:13 am (PDT)

Thats a cool story Tony.  However I seem to remember the last 1981
car vin 7199 I believe and the first 1982 car 10001 being for sale
together at a Dealership here in NJ a few years back.  I beleive it
was Dayton Ford in Dayton, NJ.  They were a dealership that was an
original Delorean dealership, and had been there since new.  I know
Rob Grady went and looked at them and I think Marc Levy.  I dont
think the cars were in great shape but were new.  There was also an
original Delorean Dealership sign for sale as well with the cars if
I recall correctly.  I believe they eventually sold them to an owner
overseas.  I did not get to go see the cars but thats the story I
recall.  Just throwing it out there since I am sure Rob or Marc
could probably give more detail.  Again thats just the story I
recall.  It was around 2001 I believe.

Gary G
3360
NJ

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCPROTO1_at_dml_... wrote:

>> Yes, the last car built was the 3rd gold car with the miss matched
>> door. The last DeLorean ever sold was my Concours Car Vin 6041. It

was

>> the last car that a DeLorean Dealer kept in inventory and in the
>> showroom of a original DeLorean dealer and sold to a customer (me)

in

>> 1994. A dealer that took one home or put it away in a storage shed

past

>> 1994 and then sold it, did not sell it from his inventory /

showroom.

>> My car went from the factory in Ireland to the showroom of Straub
>> Buick, Pontiac in Keyport New Jersey and was there for 12 years in

the

>> showroom before it was sold to me in Ocober 1994. That car

survives

>> today with 551 original miles on it and still has the original

window

>> sticker affixed to the windshield. I bought the car new with 151

miles

>> on it, the 400 extra miles over the past 12 years are from

exercise

>> miles. I went to see a 53 mile DeLorean 2 years ago, all excited

>> think what I would see. To my dismay the car was not put away

right and

>> could not come close to 6041. When you se 6041 in person and smell

the

>> new car smell that the interior still has, you know in an instant

you

>> have gone back in time to when they were new. I have only seen a
>> handful of cars that are similar over my 16 years in the DeLorean
>> community.
>>
>> Tony Ierardi

___

    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 12:42 pm (PDT)

Yes, that's right, Mr. Hanley the owner of Dayton Ford was my boss far a
year or so, he knew of my D and the story behind it. He put his 2 away out of
the showroom is a shed, not pristine like mine, and that is the difference.  The
last D ever sold thing is something I've gone through with people for years
now, but Hanley himself knew that Straub Buick Pontiac's car in Keyport NJ
(mine) was in the showroom the entire time. The perfect time  capsule.

Messages in this topic (16)

6a. Last car sold (WAS:DMC Florida Open House)
    Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:12 am (PDT)

A few years ago (2001?) a Delorean dealer here in NJ
sold their last NEW (never titled) DeLorean to
someone.  It was even written up in the local paper.

I wonder how such a claim of "last car sold" can be
substantiated.... if it even mattered.   :)

Too bad this event is on the same day as the DMA FFT.

--- corey ooms <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Tony said the last car ever sold would be there.
>> The gold plated car was
>> the last car ever BUILT.  But was it the last car
>> ever sold?......
>>
>> Corey
>> 2423

Messages in this topic (16)

    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 12:41 pm (PDT)

I know that car very well as I worked for that dealer when I liven in NJ.  It
was Dayton Ford and the 2 cars he had were VIN # 7199 & 10001 the last 81
and firs 82. They were NOT in the showroom they were kept in a tin shed in
storage. Super hot in the summer freezing clod in the winter. They were not in
the greatest shape. Again Different from the last sold out of the climate
controlled showroom. The owner knew of my car and knows the  difference.

Messages in this topic (16)

7. Re: Who owns this Supercharger?
    Posted by: "Nick" nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com nicholden
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:15 am (PDT)

Chris,

All the internals are stock. It started out as a small project and
ended up at this!
The car hadnt ran for 15 + years so the entire fuel system required
replacing anyway. I have the EFI running sequentially off a custom
crank trigger set up. There was no map available on the Delorean and
the company that supplied the computer (Haltech) sent out there
software engineer to assist with the initial set up and map. The Odd
fire nature of the engine really caused them some headaches. Martin
from DMC UK did assist with some tech data on firing angles which
helped greatly.

I used an Eaton M45 originally (because i had one) and found that on
the first dyno run it wasnt really producing much boost. I decided
to upgrade to the Eaton M90 as the mounts for both were simular. On
the initial Dyno run with the M45 the intake temps were getting up
there so i decided to install the intercooler with the M90 as i had
to re configure the intake system (again!) anyway.

Cheers, Nick

Nick,

Interesting setup.  Are the camshafts/internals all stock?

What lead you to the Eaton M90, was it an easy choice or are there
quite a
few superchargers that would work well with the same setup?

Did you map the EFi from scratch as there are no maps available to my
knowledge for the DeLorean as it never operated on anything more
than
the
mechanical/analogue K-Jet system.

Looking forward to the stats and pictures.

Messages in this topic (9)

8a. Delorean model
    Posted by: "mikepolzin" MPolzin_at_dml_sen.com mikepolzin
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:16 am (PDT)

A while ago, someone had modeled what a Delorean might look like if
the DMC had stayed in business, does anyone know where I can find
these pictures? I have been looking for them and can't locate them
anymore.

I am not talking about the pictures of John D's mst recent DMC2
project. Someone on the Delorean community came up with these, and
they were pretty cool.. I just wish I could find them again.

Mike

Messages in this topic (2)

8b. Re: Delorean model
    Posted by: "PAUL LEGUTKI" legutki_at_dml_sbcglobal.net paullegutki
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 12:42 pm (PDT)

Look at deloreana.com

--- mikepolzin <MPolzin_at_dml_sen.com> wrote:

>> A while ago, someone had modeled what a Delorean
>> might look like if
>> the DMC had stayed in business, does anyone know
>> where I can find
>> these pictures? I have been looking for them and
>> can't locate them
>> anymore.
>>
>> I am not talking about the pictures of John D's mst
>> recent DMC2
>> project. Someone on the Delorean community came up
>> with these, and
>> they were pretty cool.. I just wish I could find
>> them again.
>>
>> Mike

Messages in this topic (2)

9. Universal Orlando confirms BTTF Ride closure
    Posted by: "BTTF.com" stephen_at_dml_bttf.com bttfcom
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:16 am (PDT)

>From today's Orlando Sentinel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-
universal0706sep07,0,5424876.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Stephen Clark
BTTF.com

Messages in this topic (1)

10. DELOREAN DOWN UNDER AUSTRALIA  :)
    Posted by: "braunshairco" braunshairco_at_dml_yahoo.com braunshairco
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:16 am (PDT)

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here and I'm just trying to learn as much as I
can about my Delorean I just imported in from the US to Australia
here.  This site looks like a really good source of information, and
it's staggering to see so many posts in the archive there. Boy am I
going to have some catching up reading to do here  :)

Hope to get to know you all over the years and we can all Keep the
Dream Alive all over the world!

Braun  :)

Messages in this topic (1)

11. Re: "Michael J. Fox: The E! True Hollywood Story" premieres Septembe
    Posted by: "Flavia" frvianna_at_dml_yahoo.com frvianna
    Date: Thu Sep 7, 2006 11:19 am (PDT)

Thanks everyone for replying. Patrick C. said he will burn a DVD for
me since he has TiVO. I hope E! did a good job telling the story,
we'll see. And if anyone else wants a copy, after I get the DVD from
Patrick, we can arrange to make copies.

Flavia
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Niemczewski" <dmctom_at_dml_...> wrote:

>> Hi
>> I have recorded it on ReplayTV unit (Tivo like) in medium quality.

If no one

>> else is able to provide it I guess I can help you guys out. The

only problem

>> is that I am in Poland  :)  I can edit out the commercials and burn

it on a

>> DVD. I guess I can mail it to anyone interested for the price of a

DVD disc

>> and shipping.
>> I will not be able to send it over the internet because it's over

3GB in

>> size.
>>
>> The wonders of the 21st century... amazing! I am recording TV shows

in

>> Florida and then I can watch it in Poland  ;)  with nothing more than

just a

>> few mouse clicks.
>>
>> Tom Niemczewski
>> vin 6149 (in Poland!)
>> Google earth: 5225'17.30"N 21 1'58.00"E
>> dmctom_at_dml_...
>> www.deloreana.com

premieres

>> September 4

Messages in this topic (5)

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:dmcnews-normal_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
    mailto:dmcnews-fullfeatured_at_dml_yahoogroups.com