From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 3:18 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3055

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Fuel Filter Replacement
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 04:06:24 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Filter Replacement

Where did you get the filter? There were some being sold for a while that had the wrong fitting and would not seal at the bottom. Bosch apparently makes the filter two different ways with the same part number, so you can't even look at that to check. Generally the DMC vendors ship you the right one, if you go to a foreign car parts store with the Bosch part number you may get the wrong one.

dave

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "usndmc" <usndmc_at_dml_g...> wrote:

> I searched the archives but couldn't find anything, so I must be
the
> only idiot who can't correctly replace a fuel filter. I reconnected
> everything but I can't stop a leak from the bottom of the filter where
> the rigid line meets the filter. It seeps out through the
back
> of the nut from the rigid line. I have been easing it this way and
> that trying to get the perfect angle with the rigid line, it looks
> nice and seated in the filter opening when I start screwing the nut
> on. Got the nut fully threaded as far as it would go and it is
still
> leaking. What is the catch? How do I properly reconnect it so there is
> no leak? Back to the garage to try some more while I wait.
Thanks
> for any help on this, I really need to leave to go back to Mississippi
> tomorrow :(
>
> Also, thanks everyone for all the advice on removing the gas tank.
> finally got it out after about an hour of jumping on it from above.
> Whoever asked why I was replacing it, it's because something happened
> to the old one where it swelled or something, at least the neck of the
> hole for the fuel sending unit, and the ring wouldn't properly screw
> on. Tried ordering a new ring but had the same problem. So whenever
> the tank would be near full and gas would
slosh