From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:48 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3058

1. RE: Patrick Swayze's DeLorean - Update
From: "Matt Carpenter" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>

2. New Article On John Z, the DMC, and his ownership of LMC
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Painted
From: "my82d" <rbrady_at_dml_swfla.rr.com>

4. Re: factory painted car,
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

5. From What I remember, there were no paint
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. DeLorean headers
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

7. Mirror Control Switch Disassembly
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

8. Struts on eBay
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

9. BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

10. Cracked Dashboards
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

11. suspension upgrade folder??
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. My missfire
From: "lamborghinijim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: factory painted car,
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Cracked Dashboards
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

15. Re: factory painted car,
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

16. RE: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

17. Re: DeLorean headers. J Hervey
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

18. Re: Cracked Dashboards
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

19. Re: My missfire
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

20. Re: Something Hot is coming
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

21. AW: My missfire
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

22. Re: factory painted car,
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

23. Re: Cracked Dashboards
From: "Bob Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>

24. Re: Re: factory painted car,
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

25. Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:46:36 -0700
From: "Matt Carpenter" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: Patrick Swayze's DeLorean - Update

Interesting, Shannon.  I dated a girl who lived in the same neighborhood of
one of Patrick's homes in Scottsdale, AZ.   Maybe the Arizona Club needs to
recruit a movie star!
Cheers,
Matt Carpenter...5586
az-d.org

Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:59:53 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: New Article On John Z, the DMC, and his ownership of LMC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10682766/

Just thought this might be of interest to some of you.

It is an interesting read, I had no idea John owned the Logan Manufacturing Company for 15 years.

-Patrick C.

Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:59:52 -0000
From: "my82d" <rbrady_at_dml_swfla.rr.com>
Subject: Painted

I do not know where that car came from but, I bought my car from Delorean in Cleveland and they painted several I saw a red, yellow , and a blue one when I was there in july of 83, I think it was, so maybe that one was painted by DELOREAN

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 01:42:49 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: factory painted car,

Maybe I didn't read it right, but the ad says nothing about being painted by the factory.  It says "This car was painted red by the Delorean dealership".  It also says "this car was painted by the dealership".  Even though it talks about the DEALERSHIP painting the car, this post and the ones that replied keep talking about the ad referencing painting by the factory, and how this can't be the case.  ??????  My thought is to keep alert to fraud, but be fair.

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 01:44:17 -0000
From: "patmolamphy" <patmolamphy_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: From What I remember, there were no paint

facilities in ireland, all painting was done here at the dealerships.
There may be short of a handfull that were done up in primer as test vehicles.
pat

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:38:06 -0000
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: DeLorean headers

Group

I visited the shop today that will be making headers for me for the DeLorean. They will be steel ceramic coated treated inside and out which  looks like chrome.
If all the schedules go as planned they should be ready in March, so if your thinking about converting you might want to take a look at them. Then after that we will be looking at Stainless Steel and the complete system.
With just the headers you will be able to fabricate your own pipes and muffler with or without the cat.
The tooling is already made.
More to come.

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:46:03 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: Mirror Control Switch Disassembly

I have a mirror control switch that has the left/right mirror selector
switch jammed in the left (drivers mirror) position.  Any advice for how to
free it other than opening the housing and taking my chances?  Is there a
procedure that I can't find for disassembling and reassembling this part?

Tom

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 03:42:01 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Struts on eBay

Has anyone ever bought the struts from seller 	"infinitysource"  on
eBay?

If so what was your opinion?

Dē & 6530

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:38:48 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: BTTF 4 is TRUE

Well i heard it on the radio today from a well known Hollywood reporter
Mike Evan's that Michael J Fox did sign to do BTTF 4 and is awaiting to
see who is going to be the new young character in the movie to replace
his old role. He said Michael will play a Doc type figure.

Mike Evan's schmooze's and knows a lot of Hollywood royalty and what he
has said in the past was accurate so i do believe this info he reported
this morning.

Here is his website.

http://www.evansradio.com

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:04:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>
Subject: Cracked Dashboards

Okay here's a newbie question...

  In researching the eventual purchase of 17076, I saw a fair number of Deloreans with cracked dashboards.

  As 17076 has an unblemished dash, and I have a strong desire to keep it that way, is there any general word about what caused this problem?

  Parts Pit Mike

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:06:56 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: suspension upgrade folder??

Who's car is that in the folder titled "suspension upgrade"??

What brand of shocks & springs did you use to achieve that look? That
is one of the better lowering jobs I have seen.

Thanks,

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 05:58:59 -0000
From: "lamborghinijim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: My missfire

Hi guys and once again so many of you chipped in to thelp.....i have
all 6 running again.
The problem was the order of the plug leads. My workshop manual
definately led me astray there......it says firing order from FRONT of
engine No 1 bottom right, now ive always assumed the front of engine
is where all the pulleys are etc are. Even if the motor was in the
other way around it would still have been wrong!!!!!!

Again thanks.

Would anyone like to comment or advise regarding my ignition timing?.
We are 45000ft above sea level, it was the practice for older cars
(non computerised) to have there ignition timing advanced by 2 degrees.
Should I?

Best regards to you all

Jim Cope

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 06:08:59 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Claude,

On the second paragraph of his description it reads:

"I have people that can testify that this car was painted by the
dealership, and bought new as red."

Sounds like he is clearly stating that it was painted at the
dealership. He makes no mention of a factory paint job, just stating
it was painted at the dealer.

-Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:24:42 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Cracked Dashboards

Heat, cold and sunlight - same as a dash on any other car.

-------------- Original message from Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>: --------------

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:31:23 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

If you check the auction updates he has now changed his description 4
times now, obviously people have been asking him to clarify his
statements.

Kind Regards

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:35:08 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: BTTF 4 is TRUE

So do they even have a good script or anything else yet?  Is the DeLorean
gonna be the car?  Alot of questions this brings up.

My only hope is that they do not ruin an already perfect series of films.

I am inclined to believe that IF Michael J Fox has signed to do part 4 than
it must be a good script.  Also, doesn't Bob Gale have to approve this
also...doesn't he own BTTF?  If so, and he's onboard too than I have my
fingers crossed for a good script.

I'd also like to imagine that, if the DeLorean is the star of the film, than
it could only be a positive thing for everyone in the owner community.  Alot
of younger people will get turned onto the trilogy as well as the car and
that's fine with me.

Please be a good script.

Jeff in NC

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:36:26 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean headers. J Hervey

Thats very interesting John

Can i ask , are you proposing to utilize all four mounting stud
points for each exhaust port?

How many people out there have broken studs and could use the other
currently unused stud holes?

Kind Regards

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:42:13 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Age and sunlight. Keep the car in a garage and out of the sun. Use a
dashmat when out. Eventually it will crack, the headliners will also
fall, the foam will turn into dust and the fabric will fall away from
the backerboard. Nothing lasts forever but sunlight speeds the
process. Tires also age, sunlight again (UV in particular) will ruin them.

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:46:31 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: My missfire

I'm sorry Jim, but that's no excuse. it is -written- on the cap, AND on
the rocker covers which is which :-)))

The given way of tuning one of these is to keep advancing till you get
knocking, then back off half a degree. Try it.

Martin

PS I was joking - been there, done that too..... :-)

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:47:42 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Something Hot is coming

Ok it is past January 1st, what is DRP?

Mark V

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:28:11 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: My missfire

Hi Jim,

the engine has markings that show the cylinders 1 to 6.

Even though we have an ECU installed, it is not computerized at all.
All the ECU does is replacing the points. Advance is still set
by vacuum and springs....

Elvis & 6548

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:52:42 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

As a point of fact the factory was involved in the painting of
Deloreans. There is a procedure that was circulated on a method of
painting the stainless steel. There was a test panel that was in the
wharehouse in Ohio with several patches of different color paint on
it. There were plans to offer a "color change" to owners. You would
bring the car to a dealership and pick it up the next day with
different panels bolted on, trading in the old panels for painted ones
(or a different color). There are no "known" factory painted cars.
Just about all Deloreans that are painted can be accounted for by
either the selling dealership painting the car in the hope of selling
it quicker or a body shop after repairing body damage with filler and
painting the whole car to cover it up.

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:57:17 -0500
From: "Bob Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>

Sun and heat.  I had a nice dashboard until I left my cover off the car one
summer.  If you keep the dash out of the sun you should be OK.

Bob
10961 - for sale
203-723-4884

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:26:35 -0500
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: factory painted car,

The owner changed the auction description.

On the first day, it read "Delorean people" in the two places it now
says "Delorean Dealership".

Using "people" was rather misleadning, so I'm assuming a number of
people corrected him, and he changed the auction to be more
accurate/less misleading.

Ebay allows you to change the auction description as long as there
haven't been any bids on the item, and this is what happened in this
case.

-Hank

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:37:50 -0500
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

When Stephen Clark announces it on BTTF.com, I'll believe it.

Until then, it just sounds like the same debunked rumour making the rounds.

-Hank