From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:55 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3059

1. Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

2. RE: Struts on eBay
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

3. Re: Re: factory painted car,
From: "Michael Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

4. Re: Mirror Control Switch Disassembly
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

6. Re: Cracked Dashboards
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Radiator
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

8. Re: Struts on eBay
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Cracked Dashboards
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Thoughtless post about a Zilla product
From: ZillaDelorean_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: factory painted car,
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Cracked Dashboards
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: My missfire
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Looking to rent a DeLorean for company event
From: "Gino Bona" <gbona_at_dml_garrand.com>

15. Re: DeLorean headers
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

16. Idle Seeking and Other Problems....
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>

17. RE: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: Guy Demesmaeker <gdemesma_at_dml_skynet.be>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:53:40 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE

This could be a kind of "trial ballon". An idea gets thrown out and you wait to see what kind of reaction it creates. Usually done by a denyable, yet sometimes reliable source. Hopefully with some favaorable feedback a studio may consider the project. A lot depends on the casting. They try to lock up the talent before it gets widely publicized and the talent demands make it immposible. They may not even tell the potential talent the "real" project that they have in mind. This could be why some sources are denying the rumors. It will certainly be interesting to see how it turns out! Not much we can do about it except to watch from the sidelines.

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:27:11 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Struts on eBay

Dave,
Watch out, If it's to good to be true it normally is. Struts from Turkey are no very good.

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:50:55 -0500
From: "Michael Babb" <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: factory painted car,

actually it used to say "painted by the DeLorean people" - looks like he
changed it to say "dealership" to clear up any misunderstandings.  :)

Michael

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:01:11 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Mirror Control Switch Disassembly

On 1/3/06, Tom Tait <TTait_at_dml_brcweb.com> wrote:
> I have a mirror control switch that has the left/right mirror selector
> switch jammed in the left (drivers mirror) position.  Any advice for how to
> free it other than opening the housing and taking my chances?  Is there a
> procedure that I can't find for disassembling and reassembling this part?

Tom,

I took mine apart once. It wasn't working quite right and I decided
I'd try to fix it.

What I found was the internals are full of little tiny springs and
little tiny ball bearings. It's relatively easy to figure out how the
switch works once you've got it open, but it was hell putting it back
together. After several attempts I lost a couple of the little metal
balls, gave up and bought a new switch.

If you're very, very careful when you open it - expect many little
parts to come flying out unless you keep the switch very level - you
may be able to pull this off. If the switch is a problem now you
really have nothing to lose. Just be prepared to order a new one.

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:12:49 -0000
From: "BTTF.com" <stephen_at_dml_bttf.com>

Sorry, but no, it's not true.  We busted this rumor two weeks ago.

Stephen Clark
BTTF.com

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:11:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cracked Dashboards

Mike,

Don't leave the delorean out in the sun.  Keep it in a
garage and you should be fine.  Cracked dashboards are
a result of the sun and UV rays making the DeLorean
interior os hot that the dash literally bakes, some
dashes are very bad (multiple large cracks with dask
brown color).

-Chris

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:05:04 -0600
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Radiator

Is there only 2 versions of the Delorean Radiator, the stock 2 core
plastic and the aftermarket 3 core metal with a pep-cock/drain plug on
the drivers side on the bottom?

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:44:14 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Yes I bought louver and door struts from them about 5 months ago.
I installed them, and they seem to work. Since I've not had them on
that long, i cannot really attest to the longevity of the strut,
however having other cars with struts on the tailgate of my wagon,
as well as on the trunk of my Mazda 6, they all seem to go after
about 2 years. So if I get 2 years out of the struts - Great! No
complaints about them. They fit on easily (it was harder to get the
old struts off than it was to get those new ones on)

I gave positive feedback to infinitysource on both purchases.

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:44:20 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_r...> wrote:

> I saw a fair number of Deloreans with cracked dashboards.
>
>   As 17076 has an unblemished dash, and I have a strong desire to
keep > it that way, is there any general word about what caused this
problem?

Simple, UV causes the problem. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant to prevent
it, or don't take it out during the day.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:52:21 EST
From: ZillaDelorean_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Thoughtless post about a Zilla product

Dear Tom Niemczewski,

In the 14 years I have been Manufacturing Zilla DeLorean Products I have
never had any arrogant conversation with a customer even remotely similar to what
you have described.

If ANY Zilla customer has a problem with ANY of our devices we will GLADLY
check it out.

Through the years, there have been a great many customers who we have
assisted to their complete satisfaction. Many of them are on-line right now. Perhaps
they might want to share their thought on the subject.

As for your problem:
Early FanZillas utilized the Cooling Fan Circuit Breaker in the DeLorean.
Over the years these Circuit breakers have proven to be a problem.
Nearly 5 years ago FanZillas were created to bypass this breaker.

A Faulty Breaker causes the symptom you have described.

Removing the FanZilla and replacing it with jumper wires makes it seem like
you have cured the problem.
It is significantly more likely you have just postponed a complete cooling
system failure due to a bad breaker.

If we had any conversation at all, it is likely I offered this suggestion and
you decided to ignore it. Rather than posting us directly to solve your
problem you decided to drag our good name through the mud on-line.

If you require further assistance, post Zilla directly at
Zilla DeLorean _at_dml_aol.com    or from our Web site: DeLoreanParts.com

I will NOT continue this post on line.

If you would prefer to sell your FanZilla, there a great many owners who
would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Bob Zilla

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:03:04 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: factory painted car,

Personally, I have heard numerous times that cars were painted
aftermarket by the dealer. I bought mine under that pretence.

I personally have a red Delorean. The red is of a lighter red than
the one pictured in the ebay add.

If the person who purchases it wishes to strip it he/she can. The
paint stripping can be done professionally by people who strip paint
off cars for a living. I was quoted $400-$600 to do it.  They use a
walnut shell (not sand) spray at 25psi. The wait is about 2 weeks
for this to be done. After that, the user would have to regrain the
stainless, as well as repaint the facias (or get them painted). This
particular red car, has an advantage for stipping, the insides of
the doors are not painted. I've heard stories about others who have
stripped their paint off, having a hardtime getting it off the
insides of the doors.

For me personally, my biggest worry is finding out what is
underneath. From what I can see my personal car has been repainted
red again once. What if there is Bondo? A terrible graining job?
There are many worries when it comes to doing this.

On the flip side, unpainted cars bring more money at the time of
sale.

Personally, If I were to do anything to my car, I would go to
blackcherry or a high gloss black.

Either way, this particular seller has a feedback rating of 2

Sean
3372
AZ-D

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:55:23 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Living on Phoenix personally, the Sun, dryness, and summer heat here
will kill a dash in a few years.  If you want to keep it from
cracking buy a dashmat.

Sean
3372

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:47:24 -0000
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My missfire

I live at 7000' - no timing adjustment.  However, I have twin turbos
so advancing the timing is not really an option for me.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "lamborghinijim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_y...>

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:13:41 -0000
From: "Gino Bona" <gbona_at_dml_garrand.com>
Subject: Looking to rent a DeLorean for company event

Hey everyone.  First time poster here.

I work for an advertising agency based in Portland, Maine.  We're looking to rent a DeLorean
for an event on February 3, 2006.  It's a simple request: We want to park the car in front of
our agency's headquarters for the entire business day.  At 5PM, we will plug in the newly
restored clock on top of the historic building and beat every BTTF reference into submission.

If you are able to help me locate a DeLorean to appear in Portland, Maine on February 3rd,
please contact me ASAP.  Thanks!

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:59:45 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean headers

John,
     What does preliminary pricing look like?  Do you have anything
for us turbo'ed DeLoreans?

Matt Olans
VIN 16816
www.az-d.org

> I visited the shop today that will be making headers for me for
the DeLorean. They will be steel ceramic coated treated inside and
out which  looks like chrome.

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 23:08:59 -0000
From: "stainless_dreams" <fwise3_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....

I have been trying to hunt down my problem for weeks now with no luck.
Heres the deal: When I start the car cold, the Idle speed fluctuates
and begins to seek. It ceases to do so after the car has had a chance
to warm-up. Also, if I attempt to  rev the engine before the car has
had a chance to completely warm up, the RPM's go down to about 500  or
so, and it very slowly creeps up to about 2000(backfiring as well),
and revs normally past 2000 or so. This problem is beginning to annoy
me as I have replaced the thermo-time switch and my "Warm-Up
Regulator." After I replaced my thermo-time switch, the problem seemed
to lessen a bit, but when i swapped my "warm-up regualtor," the
problem seemed to go right back down hill...

Now I truly dont have any clue as to what my problem could be, I
thought I had eliminated everything, but apparently not. Any help on
this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank you much,

Freddie Wise
vin#16569

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 00:47:06 +0100
From: Guy Demesmaeker <gdemesma_at_dml_skynet.be>

At 17:35 4/01/2006, you wrote:

>My only hope is that they do not ruin an already perfect series of films.
>
>I'd also like to imagine that, if the DeLorean is the star of the film, than
>it could only be a positive thing for everyone in the owner community.  Alot
>of younger people will get turned onto the trilogy as well as the car and
>that's fine with me.

I really hope the Delorean will be inside this new movie too.
Since the car was destroyed in the third part (the worst lol) I have a doubt.

>Please be a good script.

Hope that too.