From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:24 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3060

1. RE: Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

2. RE: Radiator
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

3. RE: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

4. Re: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. Re: Thoughtless post about a Zilla product
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

6. Re: Radiator
From: Johnny Sawyer <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>

7. Re: Mirror Control Switch Disassembly
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

8. RE: Re: DeLorean headers. J Hervey
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

9. Re: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

10. Re: Something Hot is coming
From: "delorean_3" <delorean3_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. Re: Re: DeLorean headers
From: Chris Murley <qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com>

12. Re: My missfire
From: Jim Cope <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Struts on eBay
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: Re: factory painted car,
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Cooling fans wont come on!
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

16. Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: Truthful post about a Zilla product
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

18. Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE
From: "John" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>

19. RE: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

20. RE: Something Hot is coming
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

21. RE: Re: DeLorean headers
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

22. RE: Radiator
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

23. Soft brake peddle
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>

24. Re: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Re: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:00:18 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE

It would be great for me - I made a tidy living for about 5 years working on the BTTF Ride.  Everyone around Universal agrees that its time to update the Ride, but there has not bee a catalyst for the change.  A new feature film might really give the park the push it needs to get this ride back to E-Ticket status.  I've had enough time away from the project to happily go back again...

Marty G - What do you say - get the old team back together?

Tom

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:03:15 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: RE: Radiator

If someone wants an old plastic radiator that leaks, but may be
repairable, let me know - otherwise its off to the trash soon...

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 00:53:19 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: Idle Seeking and Other Problems....

Hmmm,

Perhaps your mixture is improperly adjusted.  That seems to be common in my
experience.  Hows the rest of the fuel system?  What else is new in it?  How
about the microswitch and the idle speed motor?  Any chance you have a fuel
line attached to the wrong port?  Vacuum lines coming off of the thermal
vacuum switch.  Perhaps if you have a problem with the TVS or the lines
might be crossed it could cause an improper vacuum which might explain why
the car steadies after it warms up as it is affected by heat.  Also be sure
you have the vacuum delay valve in the WUR facing the right direction.  I
had a car where the guy had that backwards AND the Vacuum lines were
crossed.

If you like give me a call after 7:00 PM EST and I might be able to walk you
through some ideas while you're under the hood.  Leave a message if the
voicemail picks up...I have horrible signal where I live.  Darn Sprint!

Jeff in NC

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 01:11:19 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Is your lambda system working? The fluctuating at idle when cold should
be a rythmical up/down over about 3 seconds which suddenly stops.
Otherwise I'd say it's the warm-up reg - even if it's new, put a
pressure gauge on it and see what it's doing because what you describe
is typical of when it fails.

Martin

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 01:23:46 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Thoughtless post about a Zilla product

Bob, can we expect any new Zilla products anytime soon?  You mention
that "there a great many owners who would be more than happy to take
[the fanzilla] off your hands" in your post.  This is very true.  Many
of us would rather buy a brand new Fanzilla unit, but rumor has it no
more will ever be made.  Can we expect new ones anytime soon?

-Patrick C.
1880

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, ZillaDelorean_at_dml_a... wrote:

> If you would prefer to sell your FanZilla, there a great many owners
who would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:13:30 -0700
From: Johnny Sawyer <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com>

No, there is a thrid version which I have installed.  It's all metal, but it
doesn't have the petcock drain on it.  I'm not sure if mine is a three-core
or not but it does fit properly and it has all of the correct connections on
it in the right places.

Johnny
5518
AZ-D

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:35:04 EST
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Mirror Control Switch Disassembly

Tom,

I agree with Ryan, its not an easy job,  very frustrating as when  opening it
up, springs, balls and rollers tend to go flying out.  But it  can be done.
I did it and posted pictures in the photo section.  try  this link,
_http://tinyurl.com/c4j7p_ (http://tinyurl.com/c4j7p) .

You could first try some silicone spray and wiggling to see if that  frees
things up.

Once you open it, then you have another problem, holding it tightly  closed.
It has to be held tight because the electrical contact require  that.  No
glue I found, would work.  After my first assembly I placed  it into the door and
boing, rollers, balls and springs ended up inside the  door.   _!_at_dml_#$%_
(mailto:!_at_dml_#$) ^&*(

I ended up drilling 4 strategically placed holes and using 4 #1 "bolts".
That picture has not been upload, yet. It wasn't easy and I think the  switches
are not that expensive.  I don't think I'd do it again...

D & 6530

Dave Delman

BTW I typed this whole response out as a reply to the post directly in  Yahoo
and it lost all my _type.!_at_dml_#$%_ (mailto:type.!_at_dml_#$) ^&*()

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:27:37 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: DeLorean headers. J Hervey

Mike, The company I'm using has been building performance exhaust for years
and even built for the De Lorean back in 81 and 82. They still had the Jigs
and all the tooling. That was great since I don't have to pay for it. They
will be using a one piece exhaust manifold flange and not the 3 piece like
the guy did over there. And yes, all 4 holes per port will be used. Even he
said HP exhaust will tend to leak quicker.

From: Mike Bosworth
Subject: [DML] Re: DeLorean headers. J Hervey

Can i ask , are you proposing to utilize all four mounting stud
points for each exhaust port?

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 03:38:48 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Since you say the car runs OK when it is warmed up it would lead me to
believe the problem lies with one of the systems that is active during
warm-up. I would trouble shoot and test the vacuum advance and the
Control Pressure Regulator systems. Particularly looking for vacuum
leaks or a hose knocked loose. Unfortunetly you *could* have a problem
with the hoses or the switch on the water distribution pipe under the
intake manifold. Easy to check, hard to fix. Follow the Workshop
Manual to check these systems. Make sure the idle speed system is also
operating correctly. Check that the idle micro switch is being
activated at idle and the idle motor is running. Check that the 3
brass screws are lightly seated closed.

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 03:46:45 -0000
From: "delorean_3" <delorean3_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Something Hot is coming

I am assuming that John is possibly referring to the following
manufacturer, which makes performance shocks, etc.?

http://www.drpperformance.com/_store/default.asp

Jack
VIN2728

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 23:36:48 -0600
From: Chris Murley <qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean headers

M. P. Olans wrote:

>John,
>     What does preliminary pricing look like?  Do you have anything
>for us turbo'ed DeLoreans?
>
>Matt Olans
>VIN 16816
>www.az-d.org

Interested in pricing myself. Though as far as the second part, and the
nature of turbochargers,  I'd have to venture no. Due to the restriction
of the turbo itself, having a free flowing or tuned exhaust in front of
it will provide zero(measurable) gains whatsoever, at least with any
exhaust system you could fit in the back of a D anyway.. The
backpressure caused by the turbo would  entirely negate any tuning
benefits.  You also have to deal with heat buildup. There's a reason why
most production turbo manifolds are cast iron.. Your gonna have alot
higher temps between the engine and turbo.

I have a few more questions for John too.  What rpm range are these
headers going to be tuned to?  Or are they untuned?  Are they going to
be symmetrical so true dual exhaust can be run, or will they need a
crossover pipe over the transmission similar to the stock system? What's
the OD of the collector output?  Just curious as to what size pipe I'd
end up needing to use to the muffler if I went with these when I got
that far in my rebuild.

VIN# 03209

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:42:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Jim Cope <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My missfire

Thanks Martin....how ever in defense the plug wires arnt marked, the cap is but where the hell is No1.
  And yes funnily enough i did see the numbering on the rockers covers only yesterday.......sod it. But my w/shop manual is totally wrong!!!!!

  What sorta advance do u get before knocking?

  Basically my car is in good nick...because of the the long time at the coast the ally on the motor is going fury......know of any chemicals or stuff that removes it?

  Also how does one get a dash....mine has the dreaded crack almost on the center line.

  Do u have a sketch or a drawing of what i can can get made to fix the broken window lifter?
  Its the plastic elbow guide that was fixed to the inside panel thats broken..... i was thinking of a bent metal tube with a bracket brazed on as a fixing point.
  If u do dhave a sketch would help me to miss out a lot of engineering

  Fax No +27 11 849 4488

  Cheers Martin...have a good one and ta for the help

Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk> wrote:
  I'm sorry Jim, but that's no excuse. it is -written- on the cap, AND on
the rocker covers which is which :-)))

The given way of tuning one of these is to keep advancing till you get
knocking, then back off half a degree. Try it.

Martin

PS I was joking - been there, done that too..... :-)

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:22:34 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Struts on eBay

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_a...> wrote:

> Has anyone ever bought the struts from seller "infinitysource" on
> eBay?
>
> If so what was your opinion?

I have not purchased struts from that seller, but I took a look at
their auction listings. The first thing I think of when I see a no
name brand for less is you're probably going to get what you pay for.
In this case it's a no name brand for the same price as the tried and
true struts you'd get from DMCH, Hervey or Grady. I don't know why
you'd order no name ?? struts off eBay when you can get the real deal
from a vendor who will stand behind them for the exact same price.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:19:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: factory painted car,

A few years back, James posted to this list that the
"test panel... with several patches of different color
paint" was not paint.  It was colored tape.

--- David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net> wrote:

> As a point of fact the factory was involved in the
> painting of
> Deloreans. There is a procedure that was circulated
> on a method of
> painting the stainless steel. There was a test panel
> that was in the
> wharehouse in Ohio with several patches of different
> color paint on
> it. There were plans to offer a "color change" to
> owners. You would
> bring the car to a dealership and pick it up the
> next day with
> different panels bolted on, trading in the old
> panels for painted ones
> (or a different color). There are no "known" factory
> painted cars.
> Just about all Deloreans that are painted can be
> accounted for by
> either the selling dealership painting the car in
> the hope of selling
> it quicker or a body shop after repairing body
> damage with filler and
> painting the whole car to cover it up.

Yahoo! DSL  Something to write home about.
Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:13:50 +0000 (GMT)
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Cooling fans wont come on!

  Hey
  My cooling fans will not come on. They worked perfectly when the car went into the garage last week. Any advice? (relay, otterstat maybe?)

  Can someone tell me how to wire up a switch so I can manually turn them on? For peace of mind, dont trust my coolant system at all.

  Thanks
  Thomas McAuley
  Vin #4087
  Belfast

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:29:12 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: BTTF 4 is TRUE

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_m...>
wrote:

> So do they even have a good script or anything else yet?  Is the
DeLorean
> gonna be the car?  Alot of questions this brings up.

Until you see it confirmed on BTTF.com, it's not worth buying into.

> I'd also like to imagine that, if the DeLorean is the star of the
film, than
> it could only be a positive thing for everyone in the owner
community.  Alot
> of younger people will get turned onto the trilogy as well as the
car and
> that's fine with me.

Younger people are already turned on to the trilogy. Those films
repeat over and over and over again on cable. Like Star Wars, Raiders
of the Lost Ark, ET, etc. Everybody has seen the BTTF films. Kids know
the car. It won't take a fourth film to educate anybody about the
existence of the DeLorean. Plus who's to say there should even be a
DeLorean involved. The thinking might be a BTTF film for a new
generation might call for a newer car this young generation can relate
to. Back in 1985 there was a certain humor in someone making a time
machine out of all things, "A DELOREAN!" Everyone knew what a DeLorean
was, which included it's hype, downfall and resulting reputation. The
car's turbulent existence was still fresh in the minds of the general
public. In my opinion, using it in BTTF was pure genius in so many
ways, and it did the marque a favor by rescuing it from certain
obscurity. The humor in using the DeLorean is lost on this generation
because you have to understand, or have been part of the era. Younger
people are not aware of the role the car played in those times to get
it. Sometimes they even think the car was created as a prop for the
films, and I've been asked by teenagers if my stock D was a replica.
You'd need to find a car from this era with the same unique reputation
the DeLorean had in it's time to revive that humor.

Personally, as much as I truly love the films, I'd be happy if they
didn't take a shot at a 4th. The chances of it living up to the fan's
wide ranging expectations and also living up to the quality of the
others is probably pretty slim. If Gale, Zemeckis and even Spielberg
are not all somehow associated, FORGET IT!

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:15:39 +0100
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Re: Truthful post about a Zilla product

Hello Bob Zilla

My post was not as thoughtless as you said it was. I was just stating a fact
and telling what happened when there was a problem with the Fan Zilla. I was
very surprised and very disappointed with the service I received from you. I
think that everyone has the right to know what happened.

> In the 14 years I have been Manufacturing Zilla DeLorean Products I have
> never had any arrogant conversation with a customer even remotely similar
> to what
> you have described.
****
Bob, I would not say that the conversation was arrogant. You calmly refused
to check the unit and you also refused to let me use another unit to make
sure the problem was not in the car. It happened during the DCS in Memphis
in a hotel at Graceland. There were other people there that witnessed our
conversation and they were very surprised as well.
I have no reasons to make this up.

> If ANY Zilla customer has a problem with ANY of our devices we will GLADLY
> check it out.
****
This is what you have been saying all along and that is why I was so
surprised when you refused to test the unit that we had.

> Through the years, there have been a great many customers who we have
> assisted to their complete satisfaction. Many of them are on-line right
> now. Perhaps
> they might want to share their thought on the subject.
****
I never said that your products are bad or that you treat the customers in a
wrong way. I was just telling people what happened to ME. Maybe I just
happened to meet you at a wrong time... bad day perhaps. I don't know what
the reason was.

> As for your problem:
> Early FanZillas utilized the Cooling Fan Circuit Breaker in the DeLorean.
> Over the years these Circuit breakers have proven to be a problem.
> Nearly 5 years ago FanZillas were created to bypass this breaker.
> A Faulty Breaker causes the symptom you have described.
****
The problem in this case was NOT with the circuit breaker! We know that
because some time after the show you finally agreed to test the unit and it
was shipped to you. The unit came back from you repaired and the problem has
not come back since. The circuit breaker has not been replaced as there was
no need to do that. After you have repaired the Fan Zilla module the problem
was cured.
The real problem here was not that the unit has failed because that can
happen. Electronic components fail and it's not the fault of the designer or
the manufacturer. The problem here was that you refused to test it and what
really surprises me is that you are STILL refusing the possibility that the
Fan Zilla might have failed.
If I was in your place I would admit to the truth that my product has failed
and I would do everything to fix the problem... I would repair/replace the
unit. I would never tell my customer that it's his car and not my product
without testing it.

> Removing the FanZilla and replacing it with jumper wires makes it seem
> like
> you have cured the problem.
> It is significantly more likely you have just postponed a complete cooling
> system failure due to a bad breaker.
****
As said above the breaker was fine. The problem went away as soon as you
have repaired the Fan Zilla unit.

> If we had any conversation at all, it is likely I offered this suggestion
> and
> you decided to ignore it.
****
Bob, you have not offered any suggestions. You kept saying that I have a
problem with my car and it's not the Fan Zilla. You have told me to fix the
car and that the unit is good no matter what. A few months after our
conversation in Memphis you have repaired the unit.

> Rather than posting us directly to solve your
> problem you decided to drag our good name through the mud on-line.
****
I'm sorry but after our conversation in person it made no sense to try
contacting you via email. There were further conversations over the phone
and this is why you have finally accepted to check and repair the faulty
unit.

****
No Bob, this was not my goal. I was just stating what happened. I have the
right to tell others what customer service I received. After my dealings
with Rob Grady I've never said a bad word about him or his business. I
recommend him to anyone looking for parts or service and I tell them how
great he is.
On the other hand when I had parts stolen from my car at the Jag shop in
Florida I told everyone about it because people have the RIGHT to know!
People buying a Zilla product have the right to know that contrary to what
you say you MIGHT refuse to test/repair/replace a faulty unit like you did
in my case.

> If you require further assistance, post Zilla directly at
> Zilla DeLorean _at_dml_aol.com    or from our Web site: DeLoreanParts.com
****
I decided to post to the list BECAUSE after I contacted you directly and in
person you have refused ANY assistance. Please note that I did not post
about a problem with your unit before I had a chance to talk to you. If you
had replaced/repaired the unit right away I would never say anything about
it failing or I might have said that even though it did fail I received
great service and the unit was repaired promptly and how happy I am with
your service.

> I will NOT continue this post on line.
>
> If you would prefer to sell your FanZilla, there a great many owners who
> would be more than happy to take it off your hands.
****
No need for that. I don't have any Zilla units in my car, thank you. The
unit that failed was in my friends car as I have stated in my initial
message. As far as I know there is no problem with the unit AFTER you have
repaired it.

BTW, Bob you are not alone here in defending your product. I have received a
'nastygram' from Ed from DeLorean One. As always he signs his email as
Fatboy.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl
www.deloreana.com

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:31:20 -0000
From: "John" <jdm5_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I agree that it would be a positive thing for the value of our
vehicles. Look at how the value of the chargers skyrocketed after the
Dukes of Hazzard movie came out. I love my car, has been problem
free, but see a F40 in my future :)

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:05:35 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Freddie, Has the fuel mixture been adjusted and is the WUR an 066 with all
the vacuum hoses hooked up.

From:stainless_dreams
Subject: [DML] Idle Seeking and Other Problems....

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:14:51 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

DRP is coming soon.

From:DMCVIN6683
Subject: Re: [DML] Something Hot is coming

Ok it is past January 1st, what is DRP?

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:08:39 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

I have no pricing on the headers at this time and after the stock
replacements are made then I will look at custom. Problem is as you know
( Room ). The car may have to brought in to fit custom headers.

From:
M. P. Olans
Subject: [DML] Re: DeLorean headers

Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:13:34 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Mark, To my knowledge there are no other radiators since the 3 core are
special made. They are not an off the shelf unit.

From:DMCVIN6683
Subject: [DML] Radiator

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:38:24 -0800
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Soft brake peddle

I just recently replaced my calipers and master cylinder. I then used a 1
man pressure bleeder to bleed the system. While the brakes work, I have to
pump the peddle once during braking before it gets firm and the car stops
really well. I rebled the system, which helped a little. But I still have a
soft peddle the first time I press it.

Is there a special step in bleeding the two piston calipers? It sounds like
I may still have an air pocket in the system. Or is it possible I have
something else wrong? The only other thing I can think of is I replaced the
front rubber lines with the braided SS, while I kept the original rear
ones. So is it possible the rear ones are expanding too much now? I can
replace them if necessary, but it's a lot more work I'd rather not do right
now.

Hopefully somebody else has had this issue. Bleeding these brakes several
more times will start to get expensive and take a lot of time. Thanks,

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:50:56 -0000
From: "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com>

For the backfire, you may want to check your timing.

wrote:

> I have been trying to hunt down my problem for weeks now with no
luck.
 Also, if I attempt to  rev the engine before the car
has
> had a chance to completely warm up, the RPM's go down to about
500  or so, and it very slowly creeps up to about 2000(backfiring as well),

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 18:06:40 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Freddie,

How warm is "completely warm?"

If I just started my car and drove, I also had power loss in the
first minute or so. This was well before complete warm-up to the 1/4
mark on the gauge. I did not have the racing/backfiring you
describe.  Turned out my air filter was clogged.  The problem is
virtually gone now that I replaced it. Sounds like yours might be
something else.  More technical folks will have some thoughts and
diagnostic approaches.

I'm a novice, but I think some hunting is normal during the warm-up
period.  I sometimes have a little hunt at idle even when warm,
probably because I could use a new O2 sensor (how is yours?) or some
minor  adjustments.  How dramatic are your RPM swings?

I believe there are notes in the tech section on how to test your O2
sensor and general notes on idle problems (such as fast idle).  You
might take a look.

The message board "Search" function is also quite useful to find
answers in old posts.  I believe there are detailed notes on
optimizing your idle with the O2 sensor disconnected, then
reconnected following adjustment, buried in old messages.

Good luck!

Marv
#10820
AZ-D