From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:24 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3065

1. Trunk Weight Capacity and Fuel Tank
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Buzzer Defeat ???
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 02:19:23 -0000
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Trunk Weight Capacity and Fuel Tank

Group,

I am trying to siphon all the gas out of the tank to replace the fuel accumulator.  So I inserted a bulb shaped hand operated siphon pump into the fuel accumulator access hole and started pumping.  Nothing came out.  Gasoline is definitely there and I can smell it.
The gas is fresh and I have 1/2 tank according to the fuel gauge.  I've tried the siphon pump in a water bucket and it works.

So I searched the archive and found a couple messages that say you can actually stand in the trunk to clean the fuel tank.  I've been bending over the side of the trunk to do all the work and can't really see the tank interior very well.

Does anyone know if it is actually safe to stand in the trunk and not break anything?  Is there a weight limit for the trunk?  Let's assume total weight with tools is 220 lbs.

Thanks.

Steve
VIN#04421

Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 21:50:01 -0600
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Buzzer Defeat ???

disconnect the wires at the switch on the driver's door. Usually the top wire or top switch if I'm not mistaken, though a PO could have switched it.
ha ha.
-Kevin