From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 4:10 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3074

1. Re: Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: Chris Murley <qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Carfax Report
From: "deloreandmc81" <shelbycobra_at_dml_earthlink.net>

3. Re: Fuel pump gets hot...
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. stamping dies and auto manufacturing
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

5. RE: Remaking Fenders.
From: chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk

6. New boots - Re: CV boot replacement
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

7. Bouncy idle speed
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

8. Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

10. Re: Fuel pump gets hot...
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

12. RE: Re: Speedometer bouncing
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>

13. Re: stamping dies and auto manufacturing
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

14. Re: Engine Dies at idle HELP!
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

15. Re: another ebay scam? (ebay DeLorean reference database)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

16. RE: Remaking Fenders.
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

17. Water leak under door
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

18. New boots - Re: CV boot replacement
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

19. Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Engine Dies at idle HELP!
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

22. Re: Remaking Fenders.
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

23. Track Day At Auotbahn Country Club Near Chicago
From: "feffman" <feffman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Re: another ebay scam??
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:21:09 -0600
From: Chris Murley <qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?

mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net wrote:
> The supply of left front fenders is fine - we don't need to make any.
> There are no DeLoreans running around without a left front fender.
> There are left front fenders gathering dust waiting to be installed.
> There are other cars that will never run again with left front fenders gathering dust waiting to fall off.
>
> We do not need more left front fenders.
>
> --
> Mike

Well seeing as to how supply and demand works, and the fact that LF fenders cost 3x-8x as much as their right hand counterparts. I doubt demand for LF fenders is really any greater than for RF, that means the supply is a lot lower to explain the inflated price in comparison.  Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to be one of the ones with a few LF fenders 'gathering dust' now would you? I know I personally don't need a LF fender. Mine is perfectly fine. However, I do know the more parts that are available to the community, the better off we are in the long run, and the longer we'll be able to maintain our cars. The way I see it is the only ones who wouldn't benefit from LF fenders being remade (if it could be done relatively cost effectively) are the ones who have stocks of them and would like to continue to sell them for high prices they fetch now.

VIN# 03209

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:31:23 -0000
From: "deloreandmc81" <shelbycobra_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Carfax Report

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying your new year so far!  I really don't post on here often, well I've only posted once since I got my DeLorean last April.  Anyway I just bought an unlimited CarFax report account for the month, and anyone who needs to check out a car they might be buying and wants to know the history behind it, is more than welcome to contact me.

My e-mail address is shelbycobra(AT)earthlink.net  Just thought I'd put this unlimited account to use and get all its worth out of it!

Take care,

James Andrew Dille
VIN# 6408

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:44:46 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump gets hot...

Dan,

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'm happy for you!

I have no pump problems this time of year. Everything I've done so far to keep the fuel cool HAS produced incremental improvements, but you make an interesting point about how a hot fuel pump might be a symptom of another out-of-spec problem in the overall car system.

My own suspect along these lines is the electrical system.  What kind of alternator do you run?  I'm still running the stock Motorola alternator and spend most of my summer driving time idling with A/C fan on max, fans on, hot road temps, etc.  This leads to a little sag on the voltmeter.  Bad for the pump?  Maybe.

Then, of course, after losing my second pump, I discovered the pickup filter was floating around loose inside the baffle!  I know the PO replaced at least one pump, so who knows how long it had been that way? It's pretty obvious crud in the pump will catch up with it and all the other semi-failures may have just been warnings my pump was clogging up. It's odd that this wouldn't have happened regardless of heat but sometimes the problems do just come back to basics and a little heat could have just be the proverbial straw.

So my new pump has a short non-collapsable pickup and a brand new filter. It has a hot air dam. It has a fuel cooler. It is the diva of my D. Has all this solved the real problem? We'll see what happens when summer comes.

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:11:48 -0600
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>
Subject: stamping dies and auto manufacturing

I believe Consolidated wanted the dies so they could resume production in the US, thus the one-way trip to the sea.  I even remember a newspaper article from the mid-80's about someone diving to look at them, but the recovery cost was deemed too high.  Even if Stephen Wynne had pristine dies sitting in the warehouse, I doubt he would be stamping more parts. He DOES have the fiberglass molds and could theoretically make more bodies.

The only purpose for the dies would be to make hundreds of panels, and the only reason to do that is to resume production.  DMCH could actually produce a small number (500 or less) of "new" cars with minimal bureaucratic entanglements but it doesn't seem cost effective when they can easily start with a donor car and do a frame-up rebuild.

There are low-volume auto manufacturers out there, if you've got the cash:

  http://panozauto.com
  http://www.saleen.com

I'm surprised JZD didn't try going that route instead of trying to start another high-volume car company.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, Texas

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:41:52 +0100 (CET)
From: chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: RE: Remaking Fenders.

Take a look at...

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericContent.aspx?PageType=Delorean_Repairs&ShowContent=Project_17_Reproduce_left_Front_Fender.html

http://tinyurl.com/b37hd

Regards

Chris

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:03:05 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: New boots - Re: CV boot replacement

Hello all.
  If you ever find yourselves in need of a CV boot to fit our cars,
try the boot that fits an 85-91 Dodge Colt Vista AWD rear axle boot.
(along with many other cars) Carquest part number 85-1260.  It's just
about perfect, the only tricky bit is putting in the mounting bolts -
the boot is slightly bulgier at the large end.  I used a feeler gauge
slid between the bolts and the boot just to make sure that they didn't
tear the boot while pushing the bolts past.
  This is the only boot that Carquest has that fits ou cars, I know
that because I was able to go into the warehouse and try all the boots
one by one.  (They had 57 styles on the shelf)  So, if you ever find
yourself stuck without the proper boot ask for this.

Matt Smith

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Shain" <dsmguy_at_dml_p...> wrote:

> Just a good idea.  I just re did my axles.  I used a synthetic
grease and
> had the axles powder coated.  Just while your there I guess.  It's a
dirty
> job, but well worth the time.
>
> -Shain

Behalf Of

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:28:13 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Bouncy idle speed

Hello again.
  Well, i've finally corrected my high idle problem, however, I think
I've uncovered some other issues.  I've set the idle speed, mixture
and timing according to the service manual, using an exhaust analyzer,
rpm meter, and dwell meter across the mixture control solenoid.

  Here's what happens:  On a cold start the idle bounces heavily,
about 300 rpm or so up and down.  Once the car warms up to operating
temp the idle still fluctuates but less drastically, maybe 50 rpm or so.
It seems like the lambda system and the idle speed control system are
fighting each other.  Is this a characteristic of our cars?  What can
be done to correct or lessen this really annoying condition?

  It's kind of embarassing to walk out to my car with everyone
watching, start her up, and Vwoomba, Vwoomba, Vwoomba, Vwoomba goes
the idle... sigh...

Matt Smith

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:01:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

By "you guys" I was refering to those of you planning to go on the dive.  :)

  Chuck

Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
  "One of you guys"??

Aren't you one of us? :)

I have a friend that works with a production company
that does programs for Discovery. They specifically
only work on educational programs, but I have asked if
they can get me a contact at Discovery channel to talk
to.

However, this does not mean you or anyone else can
also make some calls to Discovery Channel.

The "Monster Garage" team may also have some contacts.

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:02:34 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

What really is needed is *New* Windshields(not the crappy nos) and
Drivers side Torsion bars,maybe some of those were dumped into the
bay?
Those are items that will get needed the most.(snap--crack)I wonder
if there will ever be a $5000.00 drivers side Torsion bar.
cbl

<geoff_ombao_at_dml_y...>: --------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:47:12 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_h...> wrote:

> My own suspect along these lines is the electrical system.  What kind
> of alternator do you run?  I'm still running the stock Motorola
> alternator and spend most of my summer driving time idling with A/C
> fan on max, fans on, hot road temps, etc.  This leads to a little sag
> on the voltmeter.  Bad for the pump?  Maybe.

I'm still running the original Motorola.

I do very little stop and go driving in the D. Since it's a weekend
car, it spends 70% of it's time on the freeway cruising in 5th, even
in the summer. Could the stop & go traffic driving contribute to the
failures? Anything is possible I suppose.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:07:07 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

No, no left front fenders here.

Additional parts available to the community only helps if those
parts are needed.  Making parts that are in adequate supply
does not improve anything.  I'm certain that there are a lot
of parts at DMCH that will NEVER be used.

Part of the lf fender pricing issue is the perception that they are in
short supply.  When I bought my car 12 years ago, the lowest asking
price for a lf fender was $3000.  Today, lf fenders are going begging
for $1000.  If anything, the demand has diminished as cars are being
taken out of service for preservation or because they are being
scrapped.  The supply has increased as people scrapping cars save
lf fenders because they think they are worth a small fortune.  As Dave
Swingle pointed out in his post, fenders are available and they don't
deteriorate with age like any other car.  There are also skills being
developed to repair damaged fenders that would otherwise have been
scrapped years ago.

If you want to reproduce parts and help the marque, go after the
consumables - tires, springs, shocks, taillamp lenses, seals, gaskets,
glass, upholstery, carpeting, hoses, bushings, switchgear, other
electricals - all the stuff that gets used up or worn out.  Those are
the parts that will always be needed and do more to improve the
ownership experience than a fender.

-------------- Original message from Chris Murley <qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com>: --------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:38:38 -0500
From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Speedometer bouncing

Harold,

You are correct about the shorter cable but did not mention the improved
support bracket introduced at the same time. From VIN #005179 a 24" cable
was introduced along with a bracket to keep the cable from kinking and away
from the tire. The earlier 36" cable was zip-tied to the A/C hose and then
looped over to the angle drive causing vibration and increased drag on the
angle drive. We sell an our own improved version of the shorter cable
(#111412G - $58.75) and the NOS bracket (#110528 - $19.95). These parts
often solve the shaky needle at lower speeds problem. You can read Parts
Bulletin PI-09-8/82 for more information. We have also just introduced a NEW
ONE PIECE CABLE (#112421G - $78.75) that eliminates the Lambda counter and
upper cable. Please note it's not listed on our website yet but we have them
in stock. This will further reduce the drag on the angle drive and hopefully
lead to longer life for that poorly designed part as well as the cable
itself. Most DMLers are savvy enough not to need an idiot light to remind
them to change the oxygen sensor anyway and it has a bad habit of coming on
early as well! We are considering offering a kit with the one piece cable,
support bracket, and angle drive at a reduced price if there is enough
interest in it.

Thank you,
Robert Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:37:30 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: stamping dies and auto manufacturing

I don't know what it would take for DMCH to be able to resume
production but a big part of the problem would be to make the car meet
today's current safety standards. Just the testing and engineering
would cost a fortune. Remember, DMCH can do anything EXCEPT create a
vin #. Without that authority all they can legaly do is take an
existing car (and it's vin #) and remake the car. At this time it is
still a LOT cheaper to remake a car as opposed to trying to "build" a
car. It is all a matter of economics. If DMCH *could* build a new car
it would probably cost so much that most people would rather buy a
rebuilt (remade) car. As it is now how many are springing for a
rebuilt car? At $37,500 many people figure they can do better buying a
car (any car) and fixing it up themselves and still spending less than
$37K. A "new" Delorean is going to be at least $50K. With such a
limited market no one is going to make "new" Deloreans. This is why
you almost never see orphan cars going back into production. If they
couldn't do it the first time what makes you think it can be done the
2nd time?

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:26:07 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Dies at idle HELP!

As long as the Lambda is in "fixed" mode you should not hear the valve
fluctuate. If it is fluctuating in fixed mode you probably have a bad
connection somewhere. On one car I did it had a bad ground connection
going to the Lambda ECU. There are actually 2 ground connections for
the ECU, each going to a different place. The problem turned out to be
a dirty connector in the box next to the ignition coil. There are a
bunch of plugs there and some of them had corroded connectors. Tracing
the circuit found the area so I just cleaned everything. The hunting
is caused by several factors including:
The Lambda cycling.
The idle motor fluctuating.
Vacuum leaks
Unbalanced firing of cylinders (different compression, worn plugs, bad
wires, etc)
Some cars will just hunt a little no matter how much you do. Vacuum
leaks are the #1 cause. The hoses are 25 years old and are hard,
cracked, or loose. The first step if you really want to fix vacuum
leaks is to just replace all the little hoses. Next do a compression
test, clean the injectors (and replace the seals) then replace the
ignition wires and spark plugs. Most times doing this will either
completely fix the hunting or at least make it minimal.

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:08:57 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: another ebay scam? (ebay DeLorean reference database)

Steve and others,

A member of the DML created an ebay DeLorean reference database
(sorry, I cannot remember his name)  This is an excellent tool
to track cars that have been on ebay multiple times or re-sold
again within a short period of time.  10 months of data, so far.

http://delorean.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

As for details on this particular car, VIN...901 had been for
sale locally in Bartlet, IL in the Chicago AutoFocus magazine
throughout the summer and fall, with an asking price of $13K.
I did go to see the car in person, briefly, and the car was OK.

For whatever reason, the owner decided to put the car on ebay
in the late fall (and the car apparently sold for less), but
I was not able to get a response from the owner via phone or
via email after the car was listed on ebay.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_y...>
wrote:

> hi all
>
> have you seen the delorean vin ...901 'good condition' for $5500
on
> ebay this just has to be a scam surely as this wouldn't buy a
rebuild
> project. if its true for a good running car i'll take it!!!!!
>
> the feedback is 100% but surely this acount has been 'cracked'.
maybe

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:15:37 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

Ok - what happened to the left fenders?  Sounds like they were "lost" in
KAPAC days?  If they have not been found they must have been destroyed.
From the images of right fenders at DMCH there should have been a giant
lot of them.  How does something as recognizable as a Delorean fender
stay lost?  I can see a crate of angle drives being tossed by someone,
but the fender?  I can only assume Margaret Thatcher had them pounded
flat and bolted to the outside of the Bilbao.  Someone who knows the
story (tale, legend, etc.) please share it with the newer crowd.

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:09:33 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Water leak under door

Hello again.
  Well, it seems that my D has learned a new trick...
When it rains water runs down around my passenger door and collects on
top of the door seal along the bottom of the door.  From what I can
see the water goes under the seal at a seam between two pieces of
stainless on the door, about halfway down.  The water then collects on
the horizontal portion of the door seal until it's high enough to come
over the sill, someone opens the door (it pours out), or the car is
driven (it sloshes over the sill).
Should there be a drain in the bottom of the seal?  I've seen drains
on other vehicles before, though the thought of punching a hole in a
new door seal frightens me a little...
Anyone else have this problem?

Matt Smith

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:21:33 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>

When I called Pep Boys just now and asked for a rear axle boot / CV
boot for a 1990 AWD Dodge Colt Vista they needed to know whether it
was the inner or outer as they had two different part numbers???

D² & 6530

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:48:50 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!

OK, my cold start valve will not fire unless the hot start relay is
installed. I removed the thermal time switch connector and touched
the Black/Blue wire to ground while my wife cranked the car: cold
start valve fires fuel (with hot start relay removed). OK, so
normally that means the thermal time switch is bad. I just installed
a new one today and the problem persists with the same symptoms. The
cold start valve will only fire if A: the hot start relay is
installed or B: I touch the Blue/Black wire to ground.

I am assuming that the switch simply grounds the Blue/Black wire to
complete the circuit. Is this assumption correct? I have jumped the
case of the thermal time swich to a known good ground (thinking that
someone used Teflon tape somewhere) to no effect.

If I touch the other wire Blue/Yellow to ground it shorts out and
gets very hot.

In the schematic the two wires simply connect to the two terminals
on the cold start valve, it does not display how the thermal time
switch completes the circuit. My skill at reading schematics is not
all that great, perhaps I am missing something.

I apologize for taking so much space on the board, I just can't
figure this issue out! Thanks in advance for any help.

Nathan

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 02:58:27 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

  Ultimately, it may very well be the "romance" aspect of raising the
LF fender molds or all the dies to the car that generates such a
discussion time and again. Would be really classic in my book,heroic
actually. Resurrecting a pheonix of sorts, not from the ashes but from
the depths.
  Perhaps not wise economically, but then again things like this arent
usually done for economic reasons....I say start a drive to raise the
dies....Have Discovery Channel there when they are raised. All the
vendors and magazines should start drives etc... Dont know who should
keep them but its a start.
  Funny how the car that alot of people wanted put away for good
always seems to rise to the surface. (pun intended)

Harry Vin# 2696

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 03:22:41 -0000
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

Hi david

Yes with my car the engine will not idle.

runs for 10 seconds then chugs slower and slower then stalls

start again and it does the same. Gas pedal down makes it cough and
die.

have now bypassed the idle system and the car idles at 1500 rpm,
hence  i am now checking through the idle wiring etc.
DMUK have checked my idle ecu and motor and they work Ok.
going to check the microswitch next.
have pulled the injectors and they squirt ok with good pattern when
running the pump and pushing the air intake flap.
has new plugs etc, o rings. have soaked the fuel dist plunger in
acetone and put back togther.

Regards

steve

wrote:

> The frequency valve should be buzzing even when the motor is cold.
The

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:47:49 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

That and the vast market in communications,Back in the early/mid
eighties,when I was searching for parts,there were very few avenues
to search,to the point, I had to advertise to locate parts,today with
the Web and places like Ebay,and sites like this one and others,it is
just a matter of asking around or just waiting(eBay) or searching
*worldwide* until the parts(s) surface.Basically it was a tight
market for used parts(read: expensive)for a small business/individual
to market their parts/wares,in the eighties/nineties.Today it is
relatively inexpensive for a small business/individuals to sell their
parts/wares,hence the Glut in Delorean parts/lower prices.In a
nutshell the marketplace is wide open for all big,small, rich, or
poor.
cbl

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 03:02:36 -0000
From: "feffman" <feffman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Track Day At Auotbahn Country Club Near Chicago

Fellow Steel Backbone Car Owners:  :)

The 3rd annual Lotus Ltd. (www.LotusCarClub.org) track day at
AutoBahn Country Club road course (www.AutobahnCountryClub.net) in
Joliet, IL is Monday, June 5, 2006.  Hopefully the weather will be
as beautiful as previous years and the driving even more fun.  Our
track day is open to all cars which pass tech inspection. Again, the
date is Monday, June 5, 2006.

WE WILL BE USING THE FULL 3.56 MILE, 21 TURN ROAD COURSE!!!!

The price, $235 is the same as previous years for all participants.
How about that for no inflation?  The same rules apply including
limiting the number of cars so we all get plenty of track time
again.  Like the previous years, we will have early tech inspections
the evening before at a local hotel and at the track the day of the
event.  We will have instructors on hand as well.

For those of you worried about hotel accommodations, we've blocked
15 rooms at the Fairfield Inn (815) 741-3499 and 10 rooms at the
Hampton Inn (815) 725-2424 both in Joliet, IL. The rooms are being
held under "Lotus Ltd."  You are responsible for hotel reservation
and payment.  Both hotels are about 10 minutes from Autobahn Country
Club.

Upon receipt of your application and check, I'll forward a track day
packet to you with all the pertinent information.

If you have questions or would like a registration form for the
Auotbahn event, contact me at (314) 889-0572 or e-mail me at
Feffman_at_dml_Yahoo.com.

Happy Motoring!!!

Mark Pfeffer - Lotus Ltd. Track Day Coordiantor
 (314) 889-0572
 Feffman_at_dml_Yahoo.com

Owner: 199 Esprit V8  (Kindred Spirit)

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:34:13 -0000
From: "drdhdmd" <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: another ebay scam??

I claim it!  τΏτ

I wrote to the guy auctioning 901 and this is what I got back in return.

BTW 901 is shown in the DOD as being owned by Koset Surakomol (703) 354-
7933 kosetAT usa.net Alexandria, VA USA 1981 VIN: 901 Build: Black 5
Speed.  I called the number but it was not in service.

As of just now the auction seems to be gone....

Hi ,
Before i can add you on my pre-approve list, i wanna let you know some
details about this transaction.

The car will be shipped from Ullapool ,Scotland & i will cover shipping
fees. Since the car is shipped on a military cargo all you have to pay
for this car is the BUY IT NOW price ($5.500) . Will be shipped over
sea to NY, from there DHL will pick it up and you will receive it
within 14 days tops.DHL will deliver the car at your door.
The car is in perfect working condition , no damage,no scratches or
dents,no hidden defects, and it is as advertised.You can see more
pictures of the car here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kbodyshoppp/album?.dir=/7050 ,will be
shipped with CLEAR US TITLE.
I work as a sergeant in the US army and i was deployted to work here in
Ullapool for a while. I've brought the car here with me 1 week ago so i
can drive it during my free time but i found out that i have to pay a
large amount of money  to register the car here, because it was
purchased and registred in US and Europe emission regulations are
different from US ones.
I only go home once in 8 months,  it's a shame to keep a car like this
garraged for such a long time .
If you are interested, get back to me and i'll let you know the terms
of this deal.
Thank you ,

Eric Anderson

US Army