From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 10:24 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3075

1. Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

2. Re: Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

3. Re: Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

4. RE: Thermal time switch circuit problem, strange need help!
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

5. RE: New boots - Re: CV boot replacement
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

6. Re: Water leak under door
From: "Robert" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

7. Re: Engine Dies at idle HELP!
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

8. Re: Re: another ebay scam?? - YES
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

9. Re: Remaking Fenders.
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

10. Re: Re: IRS CAR AUCTION Follow up
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

11. Re: Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Re: another ebay scam??
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

13. Re: Re: IRS CAR AUCTION Follow up
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: Remaking Fenders.
From: delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net

15. Doing a Discovery show, Diving the die's.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: Remaking Fenders.
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

17. Re: Track Day At Autobahn Country Club Near Chicago
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

18. New boots - Re: CV boot replacement
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

19. RE: Key duplicity
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

20. Re: Bouncy idle speed
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

21. Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

23. P.O. woes :(
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Re: Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

25. SuperCharger and Engine Vacuum
From: "Nick" <nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 03:35:59 -0000
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?

Hi

i think we are missing the point a little. surely it would be good to recover the lost body dies for the sake of history and the fact they should not have been scrapped in the first place.

they should be recovered for the delorean community, for the enthusiasts, not necessarily for commercial gain.

for example i am restoring my car, not for making money but because of what it is and represents and the man who tried.

steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Murley <qumefox_at_dml_g...> wrote:

> mike.griese_at_dml_w... wrote:
> > The supply of left front fenders is fine - we don't need to make
any.  There are
> > no DeLoreans running around without a left front fender.  There
are left front
> > fenders gathering dust waiting to be installed.  There are other
cars that will
> > never run again with left front fenders gathering dust waiting
to fall off.

> > We do not need more left front fenders.
> >
> > --
> > Mike
> >

> Well seeing as to how supply and demand works, and the fact that LF
> fenders cost 3x-8x as much as their right hand counterparts. I
doubt
> demand for LF fenders is really any greater than for RF, that
means the
> supply is a lot lower to explain the inflated price in
comparison.  Just
> out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to be one of the ones with a
few
> LF fenders 'gathering dust' now would you? I know I personally
don't
> need a LF fender. Mine is perfectly fine. However, I do know the
more
> parts that are available to the community, the better off we are
in the
> long run, and the longer we'll be able to maintain our cars. The
way I
> see it is the only ones who wouldn't benefit from LF fenders being
> remade (if it could be done relatively cost effectively) are the
ones
> who have stocks of them and would like to continue to sell them
for high
> prices they fetch now.
>
> --
>
> Chris
> VIN# 03209
> http://badger.brazi.net/index.pl/delorean
>

> --
1/11/2006

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 04:14:10 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!

The cold start valve gets it's power from the cranking circuit which means the cold start valve can only get power A: when the motor is cranking AND B: when the Thermo-Time switch is cold. The alternative pathway is through the hot-start plug which is not used. The first thing to check for is to see if you have voltage on the W/R
(white/red) wire when you crank the motor to start it. Check it right at the plug for the cold start valve. My guess is either the wire is not on the terminal on the starter or it is broken between the starter and the cold start valve.

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:38:08 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 1/12/2006 9:35:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,
valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

I am  assuming that the switch simply grounds the Blue/Black wire to
complete  the circuit. Is this assumption correct? I have jumped the
case of the  thermal time swich to a known good ground (thinking that
someone used  Teflon tape somewhere) to no effect.

Nope. the TT switch is grounded though the engine and  gets +12 from the
starter solenoid.
The wire is red/white. You may need to replace the connections on it.

Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:17:11 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Thermal time switch circuit problem, strange need help!

Nathan, Check to voltage from the starter on the blue/yellow going to the
TTS switch while your wife is turning the car over. Either a loose
connection or a bad solenoid. You may want to send me the cold start to
check out or touch 12 volts across the terminals, but don't hold it to see
if you have a click.

OK, my cold start valve will not fire unless the hot start relay is
installed. I removed the thermal time switch connector and touched
the Black/Blue wire to ground while my wife cranked the car: cold
start valve fires fuel (with hot start relay removed). OK, so
normally that means the thermal time switch is bad. I just installed
a new one today and the problem persists with the same symptoms. The
cold start valve will only fire if A: the hot start relay is
installed or B: I touch the Blue/Black wire to ground.

I am assuming that the switch simply grounds the Blue/Black wire to
complete the circuit. Is this assumption correct? I have jumped the
case of the thermal time swich to a known good ground (thinking that
someone used Teflon tape somewhere) to no effect.

If I touch the other wire Blue/Yellow to ground it shorts out and
gets very hot.

In the schematic the two wires simply connect to the two terminals
on the cold start valve, it does not display how the thermal time
switch completes the circuit. My skill at reading schematics is not
all that great, perhaps I am missing something.

I apologize for taking so much space on the board, I just can't
figure this issue out! Thanks in advance for any help.

Nathan

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:18:13 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: New boots - Re: CV boot replacement

Dave, We stock the correct boots for $9.95 each.

Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:09:53 -0600
From: "Robert" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Water leak under door

I have the same problem on my drivers side door.  I can't figure it out
either.  Sorry..

Lingo #2034

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 04:20:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Dies at idle HELP!

If you cannot get the car to idle the fuel mixture is way off. Either
you have a huge vacuum leak and/or the mixture screw is way off. Is
the hole over the mixture screw plugged? If not, that is one of your
vacuum leaks. Check that the air tube for the idle motor is in and
sealed with the "O" ring. On 1 car I did I found the "O" ring and the
brass retainer sliding back and forth on the air tube. Obviously there
was not a good seal and the idle was high and hunting. Check that the
throttle plates are properly adjusted and are closed at idle.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_y...>

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:01:05 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: another ebay scam?? - YES

I was asked about this car a few months ago so it's been listed before
with the same excuse. Unfortunately the "seller" keeps putting his foot
in it with the comment below.

It's really easy to register a DeLorean in the UK. You have to pay for
UK headlights, fit a foglight of some sort, and get the car through an
MOT test (annual inspection any car over 3 years must pass every year).
The emissions controls are different, yes. Cars in 1981 had to put out
less than 4.5% CO. A DeLorean strait from the states will have a cat and
the CO won't be measurable, so they always sail through emissions.The
registration fee is all of 38 plus 6 months road tax.

They usually fail on handbrake, washer pump or steering column bushing :-)

Even if you paid us to do all of the above, it still comes in at less
than 500

Martin

drdhdmd quoted:

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:44:35 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: Re: Remaking Fenders.

Tom,
     A few years back after DMCH had received all of the KAPAC
inventory I was told that there were some crates marked "RIGHT FRONT
FENDER" that, when opened, contained left front fenders.  I can't
substantiate this rumor but many people had mentioned it.  Maybe they
were just being hopeful.  If one or two people had mentioned it I
would have thought it was only a rumor, but I heard it from so many
people that I had to wonder.  Haven't heard much about it since and
the rumor died out shortly thereafter.

Matt Olans (Hoping it was a typo on those crates)
VIN 16861
www.az-d.org

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:24:30 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Re: IRS CAR AUCTION Follow up

All those cars the IRS was auctioning off in TX did NOT sell as a
package.  They were sold as individual items. Gee, I thought they were
a package.  Appears that someone changed the rules (for a few friends?)

You can call the IRS agent who handle the auction to get winning bids.

Here are the phone number.

713-209-3303

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:20:41 -0800 (PST)
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Nathan,

I'll give this a shot.  The cold start valve receives
it's ground via the thermal time switch.  Initially
the switch provides the ground for the CSV.  When the
switch heats up, the connection is broken, ground is
lost and the CSV cuts off.  The hot start relay is a
spare and not used according to the manual.

With the (#26) relay (spare/hot start) removed, put a
meter across the cold start valve and check the
voltage while cranking.  You should have 12 volts or
more.  If you get the correct reading, you're good to
go.  If no voltage, you've got an open in either the
input side (white/red) or the ground side
(blue/black).  Disconnect your battery, switch your
meter to ohms, and check both sides.  You'll probably
find a connector is corroded or the P.O. did some home
repair that is not correct.

The Blue/Yellow wire will get really hot if you touch
it to ground, it comes straight from the starter
solenoid to the ignition resistor thence to the coil.

If this doesn't correct your problem, contact me off
line with your phone # and I'll call you to help.

Mike    TPS     1630

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:43:51 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: another ebay scam??

On 1/12/06, drdhdmd <doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com> wrote:

> I wrote to the guy auctioning 901 and this is what I got back in return.

Nobody should send that guy a penny. I give it 99% odds it's a
complete scam. Anyone who loses $5500 in a deal like this deserves
what they get for being so driven by greed (a DeLorean at 1/4 the
price! WooHoo!) to be made blind to the obvious.

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:52:54 EST
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

Bob..
    The Internal Revenue Manual allows the agent at a  public auction to sell
them as a package and then individually.  Which ever  brings the most money
in is how it will go. This is usually announced at the  auction.  With the
minimum bid being so low it did not surprise me that  they sold individually. I
once sold some large construction equipment and  everyone only wanted an
excavator.  The bids on all the lots was greater so  that is how it was sold.  Then I
watched as the high bidder sold off the  stuff he did not want to
individuals.  He got the item he was after, the  excavator, for a lower net price than
what he had bid individually.

Roy
0893

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:19:22 +0000
From: delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net

Personally I think that if DMCH (or any other DMC vender) recieved enough pre-orders and there was a large immediate demand for these fenders, they would explore the possibility of remaking them.  After all, they did that with the Headlight Switches...granted they are only $50.00.  Even so, besided being DeLorean entusists, they are also in the business of making money.  If there is enough demand for these fenders and there is a way of remaking them at a cost that is marketable, I am sure that DMCH would explore it.

P.S. -- I am looking for a used LF Fender (stainless or painted) if anyone has one at a REASONABLE price.

Jason

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:45:45 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Doing a Discovery show, Diving the die's.

The information I have about how the whole process of
the Discovery channel (and the like) work is this;

An idea needs to be pitched to a production company.
The likelihood of a company doing a "one off" show
like this is minimal.  However, if we can find an
angle that would make a diving project to DeLorean
body tools fit in to an existing show we would have a
better shot at getting the production company that
does that show to do the project.

Another problem is location.  You are more likely to
"sell" the idea to a production company that already
does underwater filming in Europe.

So, I share this information with the list in the
event that it sparks some ideas or contacts.  However,
my goal is to still dive the site to see it for myself
and I am looking for others who are interested.  So
far, I am the only one.

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:42:54 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

I recall hearing this story first-hand from Leif Montin (DMC Corp
Parts manager), speaking at the Ohio Open House soon after DMCH
bought it. (If you read thru your copy of the DeLorean service
bulletin collection, you'll see Leif's name on about 1/3 the memos.)

Leif was hired by Consolidated Industries as part of the transition
team moving all the company's assets out of Ireland to the original
Consolidated (Kapac) warehouse in Columbus Ohio. His explanation was
that, in the process of moving the inventory parts from Belfast to
Ohio, a batch of right-front fenders, in crates, was mis-tagged as
lefts. So they ended up with 2x the rights they expected, and no
lefts in Columbus. They were packed an shipped in crates so it was
not obvious, especially to people who just move boxes.

What's interesting is that they did not move 100% of the stock from
Ireland to the US. They moved what they thought could be sold as
spares over a time period and scrapped the rest in-place.

Part of his story was the horror when they got it all here and
started unpacking what they **thought** were left front fenders...

Dave Swingle

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:14:49 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Track Day At Autobahn Country Club Near Chicago

Mark and other Track Day enthusiasts,

On behalf of DeLorean owners in the Midwest and elsewhere, we
thank you for the invitation to participate in this Track Event.

I have been working with Mark Basso from Autobahn Country Club
to try to work out some track time during the week after your
Track Day, but there is a multiple-day corporate event that has
been "penciled in" for that week, but we may still have chance
to do some late afternoon runs around the South Track after most
of the members are done for the day (its still in the works).

During this year, the 25th Anniversary of the first DeLorean
cars offered for sale to the public, we are planning many events
in mid-June in the Chicago area and Lotus owners and enthusiasts
are welcome to attend these very special events as well.

For event details, check the DeLorean Midwest Connection website
at: www.DeLorean-Midwest.org (with specific event details soon)
and the DeLorean Car Show and details at: www.DeLoreanCarShow.com

DeLorean Midwest Connection Club
Car Show and Events Coordinator

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "feffman" <feffman_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> Fellow Steel Backbone Car Owners:  :)
>
> The 3rd annual Lotus Ltd. (www.LotusCarClub.org) track day at
> AutoBahn Country Club road course (www.AutobahnCountryClub.net) in
> Joliet, IL is Monday, June 5, 2006.  Hopefully the weather will be
> as beautiful as previous years and the driving even more fun.  Our
> track day is open to all cars which pass tech inspection. Again,
the
> date is Monday, June 5, 2006.
>
> WE WILL BE USING THE FULL 3.56 MILE, 21 TURN ROAD COURSE!!!!
>
> The price, $235 is the same as previous years for all
participants.
> How about that for no inflation?  The same rules apply including
> limiting the number of cars so we all get plenty of track time
> again.  Like the previous years, we will have early tech
inspections

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:52:06 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: New boots - Re: CV boot replacement

I called Carquest to check that part number, the guy I talked to this
time told me that they didn't have any boot kits for that car.  So I
gave him the part number I have, he said "Oh, hmm, I guess we do have
that"  He says it's an inner boot kit, but I'm not sure if I trust him...
Give SpecialTauto a call if you don't need it today.

Matt Smith

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:53:38 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Key duplicity

[MODERATOR NOTE: Because the DML is an archive that will be available to the whole world forever, we have a policy of rejecting all messages which discuss methods of breaking into a DeLorean.  Feel free to post vague and general responses to this question, but if you want to share specfic and detailed information about this subject you must do it outside the DML.   - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Key duplicity
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:28:02 +0000
  A question I have yet to find an answer for:  We know that "ordinary" cars
have a few keys that fit scattered around the country (sometimes not so
scattered), so what would be the estimate on more than one Delorean opening
with the same key?  I have taken my key to several conventions and haven't
found a match yet. Any knowledgable guesses?  I will probably take my key to
Ireland again just to see......             Oh, yes; don't forget we have a
buit-in theft deterent in out cars. The Inertia Switch.  I flip mine when I
leave it for a period of time, or it's parked out in public.  Sometimes I
forget to flip it back and the normally reliable car won't start. Silly me!
The only other theft option, then, would be to drag it away. Noisy & time
consuming. Doesn't prevent vandalism, though.       Drive Stainless  (Park
Alertly)   Robert   VIN 6924

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:59:36 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Bouncy idle speed

Ok, I'm a spaz...  My car idles as well as can be expected.  After
posting I realized that I hadn't started it up cold since I adjusted
the mixture.  Now it only bounces a little, which seems to be normal
for our cars.
Thanks to all the folks who e-mailed me though, it's great to be part
of a helpful community.

Matt Smith

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:55:56 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

wrote:

> i think we are missing the point a little. surely it would be good
> to recover the lost body dies for the sake of history and the fact
> they should not have been scrapped in the first place.
>
> they should be recovered for the delorean community, for the
> enthusiasts, not necessarily for commercial gain.

Why?

Don't get me wrong. It kills me that the body dies ended up in Ards
Bay as fish net anchors. To say it's a shame is truly an
understatement, but it's way too late. If recovered they are useless
to reproduce anything. The damage has been done. You say they should
be recovered for the sake of history, for the DeLorean Community, for
the enthusiasts and because they should not have been scrapped in the
first place. Okay, who's going to fund this very expensive recovery,
or who do you feel should fund it? Someone within the DeLorean
Community? Who's got that kind of money to blow on such things, a
vendor or vendors? They are in the business of making money, not
preserving esoteric pieces of history. I'd rather they spend money on
things that would truly benefit the community, like the production of
consumable and restoration parts that keep thee most important piece
of DeLorean history around, and that's the car itself. Should a
DeLorean club or organization fund it? LOL, I'd hate to be paying
those dues! Who would store, transport and who would display these
things where? Should an entity outside the community recover the dies,
like a government or museum just for history's sake? If you think
that, then I think you overestimate the overall significance of some
parts that made pieces of the DeLorean Motor Car in the grand scheme
of everything. Beyond us, does anyone honestly care?

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:32:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

blackaddertoo wrote: I am restoring my car, not for making money but because
of what it is and represents and the man who tried.

Parts Pit Mike replies: Steve, very well said!

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:57:31 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: P.O. woes :(

Well, I have uncovered another issue. Hopefully it is related to my
starting issue. While inspecting my fuel pump I discovered that
a "mechanic" had replaced the fuel pump but not the filter screen,
which incidentally is missing the totality of its filter element.
When I removed the intake hose from the fuel pump I looked inside
and yup, tons of old filter element stuck up in there. I removed
what I could, but who knows how much of that crap made its way to
the filter.

I guess I have to replace the filter. This goes to show, when a
seller says: "I have had this, this, this, and this, replaced" do
not get too excited unless the work was done by a Delorean mechanic
IE Garden Grove, Houston , SpecialT, etc..

I hooked my pump back up and (figuring my filter is shot anyway)
fired the car up. It started on the first crank! Hopefully this was
my problem, perhaps the pump was running intermittently or not
holding system pressure.

Nathan

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:24:34 -0500 (EST)
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

I think the only hope for funding would be a Production Company interested in making the show... Discovery Channel not so much, but Speedvision or some other car related show or series might consider even a search worthy of documenting. The search could function as a backdrop for a history of the Delorean segment.

  Regardless, the expedition would likely only be funded by someone who thinks they could make a profit from the story and the adventure itself... not just the rusted dies.

  Parts Pit Mike

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:47:36 -0000
From: "Nick" <nicholden_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: SuperCharger and Engine Vacuum

Hi Martin and David,

Thanks for the help.
I was in a huge rush last time i posted and did not explain it at
all properly.
The situation is that i started this project about a year ago
stripped all the accessiores, manifold, water pump etc etc. The
whole block was cleaned and the manifold and rocker covers
powdercoated, a new water pump, supercharger mounted and re
assembled and put back in a freshly blasted and powdercoated frame.
That is were it has sat under a sheet for the past year.

My memory has faded on how all the systems worked that i had
previously studied before removal. As i was removing the K jetronic
anyway alot of the components that i removed would never be re-
installed. (i do have a workshop manual also)

The brass tube that you mention below is the one i was talking about
and with the EFI system i dont require a cold start value or an idle
speed motor (the GM throttle body i am using has one). I was
addiment that that port was connected to all 6 intake ports (as i re-
installed the manifold) but the reason for my question was the guy
doing the supercharger pumbing for me thought that the Volov's went
right through into the valley and i did not want to remove the
manifold to prove my point.

>The big long one with the cold start injector on the
>end serves to apply engine vacuum to the oil filler, to the charcoal
>cannister, and connects directly to the centre of all siz intake
>ports,
>so is connected to the idlespeed motor, and the cold start injector.

I asked this same question some time ago (a year) and one of the
responces i recieved was that the crankcase was under constant
vacuum. I coulnt see how that was the case and from the responces
this time i see that it is not.

>I would install a non-return valve in it through so you
>don't
>end up pressurising the crank case too much to the point of blowing
>oil
>out through the main seals. However the Renault ones don't have the
>vacuum feed, just the breather. The cap is clipped on and the
>breather
>has a catch tank that feeds back to the sump.

That was my other thought. To have an alloy tank made that the oil
cap breaths into and have that feeding back into the sump.

The root of all my questions really was: If i have no Idle speed
motor, char.canister, or cold start value, do i require this long
brass tube especially if it will be under preasure most of the time
and not vacuum. And if i dont have it and capp it off at the
manifold what do i need to do with the small tube coming off the oil
filler cap??? Capp it off or re-direct it to another source?? If i
figure this out then i can move forward.....

>A blow-off valve (dump valve over here) is there to vent boost when
>the
>throttles shut and is actuated with vacuum downstream of the
>throttles.
>It doesn't do anything at idle.

The value i was having installed is a Bosch unit that at idle it
opens to re-circutale the boost back into the intake before the
throttle, been a belt driven supercharger with no magnetic clutch it
will be spinning and boosting (although not much) at idle. This
simply acts to reduce the load on the motor at idle so it is not
permantly under boost preasure. Once the throttle opens the valve
closes.

When car is running i will decide on weather to fitt a dump valve
depending on boost preasures. The supercharger pulley was machined
to a diameter that should not over boost and on decelleration this
bosch valve will open also and act simular to a dump valve.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers, Nick