From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 4:53 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3076

1. Re: Remaking Fenders.
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

2. Re: Remaking Fenders.
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. Crap in fuel pump + normal pump sound?
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Key duplicity
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

5. New boots (was:CV boot replacement)
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

6. The Return of DeLorean World
From: Mike Substelny <drivestainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Crap in fuel pump + normal pump sound?
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:31:50 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Remaking Fenders.

The headlight switch issue is different for two important reasons - they have a definite failure rate and there weren't any left.  Under normal usage, stainless steel fenders don't fail, and there are fenders available.

-------------- Original message from delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net: --------------

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:53:09 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

On 1/13/06, delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net <delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net> wrote:
> P.S. -- I am looking for a used LF Fender (stainless or painted) if
> anyone has one at a REASONABLE price.

That's the rub: People want them at a reasonable price. Nobody can remake them at what most would consider a reasonable price. The cost to recover and restore the dies (if it's even possible), or to make new dies, and to then manufacture new panels, is huge. I can't imagine how many LF fenders would be needed to make this a break even deal, let alone a profitable business opportunity.

Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:00:07 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Crap in fuel pump + normal pump sound?

When my pump was hooked up I would jump the RMP relay to get it running and I noticed this: the pump would operate for 10-12 seconds at a higher pitch (while pressuring up I imagine) then drop abruptly to a lower pitch. Is this normal, or should the pump sound be constant, or is 10-12 seconds too long, should it pressure up faster?
I am thinking this could be related to my starting issue.

As per my last post the fuel screen for my pump disintegrated and was ingested. Is it possible to reverse the pump operation to clean it out, or is there any way to clean it out? Am I better off with a new pump? It is a new pump.

Nathan
2277 apart and sad :-(

Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:16:50 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Key duplicity

There are other factors involved. For instance the earlier cars have the 2 key system which has a different blank for the door locks. As door locks (and keys) wear they can get to the point that anything that fits inside them can turn them. The inertia switch can prevent the motor from starting but does nothing to prevent someone from opening the doors. You are correct in assuming that there was a limited # of tumbler combinations, eventually you will find some car your keys will fit. Other owners have tried what you are trying and have found their keys working other owner's cars. I found myself doing that once accidently, as you know all Deloreans look the same! I was mad my key wouldn't work until I realized my car was the one next to it! Now I have Remote Lockzilla so I don't have to use my key in the door.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_h...>
wrote:

> [MODERATOR NOTE: Because the DML is an archive that will be
available to the whole world forever, we have a policy of rejecting all messages which discuss methods of breaking into a DeLorean.  Feel free to post vague and general responses to this question, but if you want to share specfic and detailed information about this subject you must do it o

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:49:47 -0000
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: New boots (was:CV boot replacement)

DMC (Texas) and DMC (FLorida) sell our shop-tested and proven to be correct boots for $14.95 and they include the grease and lock strips.

James Espey

Visit http://www.dmchelp.com for tech advice from the pros who know!
Brought to you by DMC (Texas), PJ Grady, DeLorean Motor Center and DMC
(Florida)

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:48:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike Substelny <drivestainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: The Return of DeLorean World

The latest issue of the DOA's member magazine arrived this week, and I was pleased to see that the name DeLorean World is back.  Most DMLers always called it DW anyway, but I like the name DeLorean World.  It sounds more like a car magazine.

This DeLorean World is a good looking magazine.
Sascha Skucek is the editor, and I am pleased with what he has done with it.  I've always enjoyed Mr.
Skucek's writing, and his article about Marc Levy's Twin Turbo is a well told story that I couldn't put down.

This issue does concentrate on the Legend turbo DeLoreans and Eurofest rather than lifestyle.  By the looks of it, this reversion to an automotive theme is probably permanent.

This issue also features a lot of DMLers.  For example, Rob Grady is interviewed, Marc Levy appears in two photographs, and Ken Koncelik and Robert Lamrock wrote articles.  The magazine makes both Eurofest and DCS Chicago look great.

DeLorean World also mentions the video called "Blockbusters" featured at www.shortfuture.com which is a lot of fun.  It features a DeLorean and spofs a number of Hollywood blockbuster movies, including BTTF.

I will be showing off my new DeLorean World at the DeLorean Club of Ohio annual meeting tomorrow (Burr Oak State Park Lodge here in Ohio) if anyone would like to see it.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280 for 12 years
happy DOA member for almost as long

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:41:57 -0800 (PST)
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Crap in fuel pump + normal pump sound?

Yes, the pump is reversable, but don't run it for more than 5 seconds at a time.  Just reverse the positive and negative leads and use clean gas to flush, then dispose of properly.

Mike   TPS     1630