From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 4:35 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3088

1. DeLorean World Magazine
From: "ocdelorean" <director_at_dml_deloreanmagazine.com>

2. Re: Re: ebay Louvre Struts or another reason to buy from a DeLorean Vendor!
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. Re: ebay Louvre Struts or another reason to buy from a DeLorean Vendor!
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

4. Drive the dream?
From: "biojerm" <Jedamay_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. Re: torque numbers
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

6. Mode switch wiring order?
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 07:10:26 -0000
From: "ocdelorean" <director_at_dml_deloreanmagazine.com>
Subject: DeLorean World Magazine

Hello Everyone,

All DeLorean Owners Association members have now received their magazine.  For those of you who are not members, we have posted on our magazine website a feature story speaking on one of the Legend Industries
twin turbo DeLoreans now owned by Marc Levy.   Also inside our winter
issue, we feature another story on the other twin turbo DeLoreans now owned by Rob Grady.  The DeLorean Owners Association would like to thank all those who contributed to our current issue.

To read up on one of our feature stories, please go to our website.  If you have any questions, please email our editor or director. Thanks to all members for their support and to those who helped make great issue. Enjoy.

Kind regards,

Tony Hilger
DeLorean Owners Association
magazine director
http://www.deloreanmagazine.com

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:56:57 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: ebay Louvre Struts or another reason to buy from a DeLorean Vendor!

There's actually a different part number?! Wow, you learn something every day. Talk about dumb, when all they had to do was drill the rivnuts onto which it mounts slightly further down...

FWIW #1458's engine cover latch still works fine and is strait.

Martin

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:18:33 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

That would have involved modification to the drilling tooling - maybe a bigger deal to a manufacturer than just having the part vendor make a change in a drawing.

Dave S

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:26:02 -0000
From: "biojerm" <Jedamay_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Drive the dream?

Hello all, im new to this group.
Im 25 and have always wanted to own a delorean, but never figured i would get one until i was in my 40's.

As it would turn out, i just ran across someone who is selling a 82 delorean 20k miles on it and I was wondering if I should get it.
had 3 owners, 20k miles on original engine, dash is custom made it looks. only 2 small dings in body you can only see at the right angle.
A handfull of misc. problems <driver window slipping, buttons falling off, missing keys, etc.>

wants $7k for it, Engine starts choking when givin over 1/2 throttle, may be bad injector or fuel mixture, but runs great in idle and at low speeds, said he tried it on the freeway and got it to 60mph but isnt a delorean fan and just wants to get rid of it.

Tranny gears work <automatic> but you have to manual switch to first, then manual switch to drive at the right speed, 2nd and 3rd work fine.
the entire dash has been custom replaced <not original>.

I want to save up and get a v8 put in it eventually for a more reliable car. but im having a hard time find out what kind of tranny these things have and how much they are to replace if this one needs to be replaced. Any and everyone I call has no idea what it has except for "delorean" transmission.

This will be my first/only delorean and I only make about $30k a year, but im willing to do whatever it takes to drive my dream car.
Anyone have any suggestions? Paying too much? Im not really looking into restoring it to original parts. But am i going to have to use all my money and live in my car trying to replace the engine and tranny?

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:40:02 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: torque numbers

If your looking for more info try...

http://www.norbar.com/content/cms/TorqueValueGuide.pdf

There is a lot of info on the web for torque values that will get you in the ballpark.

Ron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_o...>

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:13:50 -0000
From: "lakelanier20" <derek4567_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Mode switch wiring order?

Hello everyone,

I've got my center console pulled back right now and am trying to fix a problem with my climate control mode switch, and was wondering if someone could clarify the wiring order for me on the back of the switch…

I've looked at page N:08:15 in the workshop manual, but being the novice that I am, it doesn't really make things clear to me. The colors for the 3 connections are hand-written in, and they're very difficult to read.

In any case, the three wire connections are:
- green/white and green/white
- pink/orange and red
- green

What order are they supposed to be in from top to bottom? (switch in "off" position)

Thanks a lot,

-Derek L