From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 4:59 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3095

1. Sound Deadening Suggestions for the Delorean
From: "brandelorean" <brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Windshield replacement?
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

3. Re: Popping Sound
From: "David Hudgins" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: How well do your DeLoreans start?
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Removing and re-sealing window glass
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>

6. A odditity parts question.
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: How well do your DeLoreans start?
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Popping Sound
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:36:40 -0000
From: "brandelorean" <brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Sound Deadening Suggestions for the Delorean

Hey Everyone,

Back from vacation and am ready to start working on the D again.

I am at the point where I'm finishing up all my wiring connection clean-up and am finishing up the wiring for the Wings Aloft Elite alarm system.

Before I finish running all the wiring, I would like to add some sound deadening material to inside of the Fiberglass body to help quiet things down so I can install a nice stereo or DVD system (possibly).

Now I'm looking for a good quality sound deadener but nothing outrageous in price.  I'd also like to know of any other brands that others have tried (doesn't have to be only in a D) but a brand they could vouch for.

It's atleast a $100 or more investment which is fine but I don't want to get screwed by the many EBAY type copycats of Dynamat.

Can anyone offer me any good companies?

Thanks

Brandon

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:50:51 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: Windshield replacement?

I'm going to have a local installer put in my new windshield.  I'm going to replace the A pillar trim at the same time.  The service manual indicates that the pillar trims can be replaced without the windshield and this contradicts what I understand.

What is the procedure for replacing the A pillar trims?

Are there other concerns that an experienced auto glass man will need to know when installing the windshield?

Thanks,

Tom Tait

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:23:26 -0000
From: "David Hudgins" <painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Popping Sound

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matt Carpenter" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_m...>

HI check the body mount bolts in the trunk.. mine were slightly loose and caused a creaking sound up there...Dave.. vin. 15275

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:56:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: How well do your DeLoreans start?

My DeLorean fires in 1-2 seconds flat - hot in July or
Cold in December.  When it's cold (weather not engine
temp), I have probably about 1-2 minutes of idle
hunting - warm I have almost no hunting at all.  If my
car sits for about a month, it will fire/die once,
than it will fire successfully the second time; I
would say that's "normal" for a DeLorean.  I have no
issues with the car being inclining or declining -
maybe a extra second to crank and fire at most.  I
seem to be very blessed with no idling problems; car
cranks and fires just about first time every time.

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I cranked
and fired my car saying "uh oh".  Of course, that
comes with taking good care of the car and making sure
it's running efficiently.  I'd say it comes down to
changing the fuses 1-2 times a year, having relays
that are under 5 years old, making sure ALL electrical
connections are intact, keeping the fuel system nice
and clean with at least a once a week drive to ensure
fluids move and gas doesn't get stale.  As Casey (or
as I call him, "Doc", since he seemingly knows
everything about these cars) once told me, just keep
oil and coolant in it - the rest can be fixed.

Jeremiah

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:59:46 -0000
From: "dmcchaser" <dmcchaser_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Removing and re-sealing window glass

Hi,
  I've got a pretty serious water leak where my fixed door glass is
supposed to be glued to the door.  Is there anyone here who's removed
the door glass?  What interior panels do I need to remove?  Should I
have some of those "fir tree" fasteners on hand?  Are there any hidden
complications to this job?
  I plan on using 3M windshield adhesive to attach the glass, along
with new rubber trim from DMCH.

Matt Smith

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:01:43 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: A odditity parts question.

Part # 102688.

The tachometer wire that goes to the electrical
distributor.  Obviously, it functions the tachometer,
but what else does this wire do?  What would be the
signs/symptoms of this wire failing/starting to go
bad?  Mine is wrapped in waht looks like 3-5 layers of
electrical/duct tape so it's about time to properly
replace this wire, but I'd like to know basically what
I'm fixing and the problems I'm avoiding by replacing
this wire entirely.  Thank you for your time.

Jeremiah

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:59:13 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Yours sounds pretty much like mine.  Usually starts up immediately but
occasionally needs a second or two of crank.  I don't have the last
symptom you describe... no goosing required.

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:59:21 -0000
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

This may sound stupid, but are you sure you dont have anything loose
in the trunk? Have you recently worked on the front right side that
caused you to jack that corner up?
seanM