From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:16 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3098

1. Re: Digest Number 3052
From: heningerandassoc_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Re: How well do your DeLoreans start?
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

4. Removing Window Tint
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share
From: "carpenter12740" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>

7. Towing a DMC
From: "Gekko_at_dml_TDS" <gekko_at_dml_flex.com>

8. Re: How well do your DeLoreans start?
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Towing a DMC
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. RE: Towing a DMC
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

13. Re: Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: Jeff Angwin <jeff_at_dml_delorean.com>

14. Leaking fuel line in Distributor
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

16. Re: Track Day At Autobahn Country Club Near Chicago
From: "feffman" <feffman_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

18. Re: Re: copper washer for oil sending unit - new question
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

19. RE: Leaking fuel line in Distributor
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

20. RE: Leaking fuel line in Distributor
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:57:45 EST
From: heningerandassoc_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Digest Number 3052

Dear PJ,

    Thank you for an honest man's reply.  You and  Debbie, are faithful DeLorean supporters.  My I suggest the best reply to  ignorance is to ignore.  You
do not need to defend you excellent  reputation.    Best regards,   Byrne

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 02:07:13 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Gold plated DeLorean

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_s...> wrote:

> For anyone who might be interested, there is currently a gold plated
DeLorean at Harrahs automobile museum in Reno, Nevada.

>   They said it is a car which was on display in a bank in Texas.

Who is "they"?

The Texas Synder Bank car, VIN 4301, is now in the Petersen Automotive
Museum in L.A. and VIN 4300 is the gold AMEX car on display in the
William F. Harrah Foundation's National Automobile Museum in Reno.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:46:25 +0100
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Re: Re: How well do your DeLoreans start?

Well John... this is one of those things that very often gets confusing.
Some will tell you to warm the engine up before you drive it, some will say
drive it right away. It's kind of like the discussion about oil. The point
here is that the engine gets much better lubrication while being driven and
idling is really not healthy for it. Idling cold is really bad for the
engine. I've spent some time working in a lab that did tests on automotive
oils and lubrication systems. What I have learned is that driving the car
'lightly' as soon as possible is much much better for the engine that
letting it idle. By driving the car the engine warms up much quicker than
while idling. This shortens the cold running time greatly.
Also check out the DeLorean Owners Manual, page 15, middle column. Here's as
exact quote:

Warming Up
When the engine is cold, drive the car as soon as the engine has started. Do
not warm up the car by allowing it to idle for long periods with the car
stationary.

Hope this explains it

Greetings from Poland!

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl
www.deloreana.com

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:00:46 EST
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Removing Window Tint

When I purchased my car, it came with tinting on the  two door windows and
the rear window also.  I like the tint on the doors  but more often than not the
rear window tint seems to just make it more  difficult to see out the back,
especially at night

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the rear window  tint is a good idea
or not?

What is the best way to remove the tint and not hurt  the defroster?

Thanks,

Dave Delman
D˛ & 6530

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 05:51:22 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

 This has been well documented before. But here is a quick refresher.

 The Gold D in Reno has Saddle brown interior and 5 speed.

The Gold D ( formerly in the Snyder Bank, Texas) now resides in the Peterson museum in
Los Angeles,CA   Black interior and Automatic

The 3rd Gold D ( made from the spare parts) is privatetly owned in Maryland, Saddle
brown and 5 speed

Dennis

Dave S, Maybe this posted on the DMCNEWS home page with pics, although I'm sure you
have this covered in the FAQ'S right :-)

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 04:35:01 -0000
From: "carpenter12740" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share

http://www.bestbidding.com/auktionsdetails.cfm?auctionID=411

It looks clean - with a reasonable buy now price.

Matt Carpenter
5586
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:56:47 -0800
From: "Gekko_at_dml_TDS" <gekko_at_dml_flex.com>
Subject: Towing a DMC

I want to tow my DMC behind my motorhome, travelling to Chicago.  A vehicle
tow trailer (with the car) is too heavy to hook up to the coach so I'm
wondering if it's sensible and safe to tow the (manual transmission) D
behind the coach.  Are there specific things I could do or should do to make
it O.K.?

Any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Werner
# 07181

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:15:44 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: How well do your DeLoreans start?

Well,

Without the engine running you wouldn't be able to start driving, so I
would say it is probably better to try to start driving as soon as the
engine is running. :-)

-Joe O'Brien

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:28:07 EST
From: ROBLAMROCK_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Gold plated DeLorean

And a fourth DeLorean (SCEDT26T7BD001542) was gold plated by Michael Feldman
and last known to  be for sale in Toronto in 1985.  Anyone know where it's at
now?
Robert

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:07:05 -0800 (PST)
From: mike clemens <rmclemns_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Towing a DMC

Craig,

Having towed many vehicles, including a couple
Delorean's, let me say this first---I would NOT
recommend towing your 'D' behind a motorhome.
Motorhomes kick up a lot more road crap and everything
dripping or exhausting from yours will find it's way
to the surface of the car.  It's like driving 4-5 feet
behind an 18-wheeler.

But, if you really want to give it a shot here's what
I have learned:

---The hitch you use will have to be 'frame mounted'
as there is no bumper, per se, to hook to.  Many
brands on the market, but I hear Blue Ox performs very
well.

---If you tow with all four wheels on the ground, make
sure you disconnect the battery and turn the ignition
key to run.  This prevents the steering lock from
engaging and will allow the car to 'track' behind the
motorhome with no battery drain.

---Consider using a tow dolly.  These are very
managable by one person.  Make sure the one you use is
wide enough to fit the Delorean on.  Most are only a
couple of inches wider than the front wheel distance.
You have to be real careful loading, but extremely
careful making any sharp turns.  Too sharp and the
fender skirts on the dolly will contact the car's
stainless and then you've got that to fix.  Huge
expense!!

---Lastly, and I know this sounds stupid, make sure
the car is in neutral and the emergency brake off,
before you even start your motorhome----then double
check again!!!!  Experienced at doing both even though
it was only 50 feet.  :-)

You may contact me offline if you have any further
questions.

Mike Clemens    TPS     1630

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:27:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Actually, the third Gold one (in Maryland) is an
Automatic.

Steve

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:23:45 -0800
From: "Gary Hull" <Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

Craig Werner Said
> I want to tow my DMC behind my motorhome, travelling to Chicago.

Arnie Brandon has used a dolly to tow his DeLorean behind his Airstream
motorhome for thousands of miles. He can probably give you some tips on what
to do (and what not to do :-).

Arnie's motorhome towing Arnie's DeLorean:
http://in2time.com/bigjobplus.htm

Arnie's DeLorean towing Arnie's Trailer:
http://pndc.org/images/trail_side_lg.jpg

Gary's DeLorean Towing Arnie's motorhome:
http://in2time.com/bigjob.htm

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:56:53 -0800
From: Jeff Angwin <jeff_at_dml_delorean.com>

How interesing that 1541 and 1542 should come up for discussion here on
the same day.

1541 is referenced in Matt Carpenters email with a link to this sale:
http://www.bestbidding.com/auktionsdetails.cfm?auctionID=411
<http://www.bestbidding.com/auktionsdetails.cfm?auctionID=411>

Jeff Angwin

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:04:20 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Leaking fuel line in Distributor

AAARGG..

The line the goes from the CPR to the primary pressure regulator
started leaking badly. At first I thought it was the primary pressure
regulator itself but when I jumped the fuel pump and went back to
watch thing I saw the fuel literally gush out of the line (near the
fitting) So much for my car being "perfectly drivable"

Could anything I have done caused this? I replaced the o rings in the
primary pressure regulator recently. Is there any way for this line to
become over pressurized or do these lines just fail? Please help!

Nathan

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:57:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

  I apologize for assuming that all readers of this list would know that when I said I was at the Harrah Nation Automobile Museum in Reno and said that “they” said this or that, that all would know it was someone who works for or at the museum. Obviously I was wrong.

  So, for clarification, when I used the word “they” in my posting, “they” applied to museum personnel.

  The people I spoke with appeared to be either employees or volunteers of the museum. I did not question them as to what exactly their role was with the museum nor their qualifications for making any comments they made to me about this car or any of the other cars.

  One individual said that the gold-plated DeLorean had been on display at a bank in Snyder, Texas. I’m only repeating what he said. I have no idea as to the veracity of the comments by this or other individuals that I spoke with when I was there.

  I did get the impression that this gold plated DeLorean was being treated kind of like an unwanted step child. It was displayed in a room which totally lacked the dignity of the rooms where the main part of the collection is.

  The car also had a lot of smudges on it but that's probably understandable as people seem to want to check the feel of the surface of any DeLorean and this one was even more tempting to be touched and felt because of its deep rich and beautiful color.

  There was a poster next to the car which said, “This is one of two 24-karat gold-plated DeLoreans. To insure the car would have cost approximately $1,000 a month. A mere ‘door ding’ had a potential repair cost of $24,000!”

  Faded

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:33:42 -0000
From: "feffman" <feffman_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Track Day At Autobahn Country Club Near Chicago

Lotus Ltd. will be including a catered lunch for the June 5th Autobahn
track day with your registration.  For on line regsitration visit:

  http://www.LotusCarClub.org/trackday.htm

Or contact me at (314) 889-0572 or Feffman_at_dml_Yahoo.com for a
registration packet or details.  We are 1/2 full as of 1/27/06.

Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer - Lotus Ltd. Track Day Coordinator

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:28:17 -0000
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

I have a lead on this car now.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 20:26:10 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: copper washer for oil sending unit - new question

In a message dated 1/27/2006 6:00:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,
TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com writes:

I'm  about to replace mine, do I need to drain the oil first?  I  assume
that if it is a low oil level sensor that it sits fairly low in the  sump
cavity...

Clearly you can see the sensor is halfway up the engine and the oil is
nowhere near that high when the engine is shut off.  You will get a couple  of
drops at most.

Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:42:14 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Leaking fuel line in Distributor

Nathan, sometimes it doesn't take much to break or twist the line. They are
plastic. I have them in stock.
John Hervey
ww.specialtauto.com

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 01:52:56 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

The DeLorean's original fuel lines do become brittle over time especially in
harsh climates and do leak.

I have seen this several times.  Special T Auto's Stainless Steel Fuel lines
are a fantastic upgrade.  They are flexible and look great under the hood.

I have installed these fuel lines on several DeLoreans in the carolinas.

NOS lines are still a suitable replacement if you want the complete stock
look and I never had any problems out of the install of NOS lines from DMC.

Jeff in NC