From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:36 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3100

1. Re: Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>

2. Play golf at JZD's former estate!
From: toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com

3. Re: Re: Toby Tabs
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

4. Re: Re: Toby Tabs
From: "Todd Nelson" <todd1561_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. Re: Door Seal Lubricant?
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. Re: Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Play golf at JZD's former estate!
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

8. Re: Gold plated DeLorean
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. DeLorean TV sighting
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

10. RE: Re: Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>

11. Re: Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share
From: "Paul" <vrt10whips_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Contro Pressure Regulator
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: Re: Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share
From: Darren Cunningham <darren.cunningham_at_dml_runbox.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:08:05 -0600
From: "Jerry Harry" <jlharry_at_dml_mcloudteleco.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Gold plated DeLorean

Not that anyone would care, I was a Burroughs service man working at the bank in Synder  Texas the day they took the doors off of the bank lobby to push the golden Delorean into the lobby.  It set there for MANY years.  I,m not sure what the vin# was , nor have I seen the one you refer to,  but there was one in the Synder National Bank for years.  I helped them put it there.

Jerry
Vin# 4890
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:26:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com
Subject: Play golf at JZD's former estate!

Don't think I have seen this mentioned yet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Golf-for-3-at-Trump-National-Golf-Course-Bedminster-NJ_W0QQitemZ5661454312QQcategoryZ31411QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:44:22 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Toby Tabs

Hi Bernie

I've got stuck like this a couple of times, and the best solution is
either to be on a 2-post ramp and use a very long breaker bar to turn
them, and copious amounts of penetrant, or cut them off, remove the
trailing arm and press the old bolt out.

Martin

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:40:33 -0500
From: "Todd Nelson" <todd1561_at_dml_gmail.com>

Bernie,

If you're still having problems getting the TAB out a trick I found when
doing mine was to use a flat-head screw driver and knock all of the shims
out so you have a gap between the trailing arm and the frame.  Then use a
wrench and start to tighten the nut on the TAB.  What this did for me was
actually create a crude press since it started to pull the TAB through the
trailing arm, not much obviously, but just enough to break the corrosion
that held it in.  It still took some muscle to get it out the rest of the
way, but at least it was moving.  Funny enough my passenger side TAB came
out no problem, not sure why that it is.

Good Luck,
Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:44:10 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Door Seal Lubricant?

The only way to truly preserve the seals is to keep them out of the
sun as much as you can.

There are several good products that will keep them nicely lubricated
and somewhat preserved - Wurth's Rubber Care and something called
Gummi-Phledge (appaently German for "Rubber Care") that used to be
available at most BMW dealers but I've heard it's been discontinued.
You might check anyway. Wurth's is a pro-line product that is
available at some parts stores, directly from Wurth's, or from some
of the specialty places online. I think PJGrady may even sell it.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_u...>

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:51:11 -0000
From: "denverdelorean" <denverdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share

That same car was for sale about a year and a half ago.  Same pics
and everything.  It is nice and I was considering it, but I was
unable to get any serious answers from people I contacted.  There
should be a warning flag or two on this one.

Matt 16076

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <vrt10whips_at_dml_y...> wrote:

> I just posted a couple minutes ago about this, and then I went and
> checked the motoexotica website and this is what I found:
>
> http://www.motoexotica.com/inventory.asp?r=vehicle&v=610
>
> I'm still going to call them just to make sure, but it could be a
scam.

> Regards,
>
> Paul the Whip Guy
> MidWestWhips
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "carpenter12740"
<mattdcarpenter_at_dml_m...>

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:01:02 -0500 (EST)
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Play golf at JZD's former estate!

They filmed a few episodes of the apprentice there, actully the last season opened with the contestants waiting in front of JZD's house which is now the club house and trump flying in on his helicopter. It was cool to see an ariel view of the estate.

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:16:43 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Gold plated DeLorean

That is very cool. Did you get to sit in it? Did the car inspire you
to buy your DeLorean?

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:07:05 -0700
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: DeLorean TV sighting

Just turned on the TV to the Hot Rod TV show titled Power tour 1.  There is
a shot of a DeLorean with the doors up driving by with a California plate of
NEXTIME. It has the inserts in the rear bumper.  Anyone know who this is.
The shot occurs 18 minutes in according to the TIVO.

Darkstar

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:46:55 -0600
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Saw this one for sale and thought I'd share

That car isn't for sale.  It says Sold at the top and bottom of the page.

KermitP

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:52:41 -0000
From: "Paul" <vrt10whips_at_dml_yahoo.com>

yeah I stopped by motoexotica earlier today(they moved one building
over, which was a bit embarassing), and they said they haven't had a
delorean for sale in a while.

Regards,

Paul the whip guy
MidWestWhips

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "denverdelorean"

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:10:33 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Contro Pressure Regulator

Well, today I was practicing taking apart the CIS system on an Audi
(not sure the exact model) and I noticed that the control pressure
regulator looks exactly like to one on our Deloreans except for that
the two vacuum lines are on the same side. Would this part work on our
Deloreans? I only ask because I think my CPR might be dead and it
would be a cheap way to see for sure. The ladies that do checkout at
pick a part call everything they do not recognize a "sensor" $2.99. I
have gotten some pretty nice parts off cars for cheap because of
this.  I know some of you may be enraged by my asking this, I
apologize.

Nathan

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:16:39 +0000
From: Darren Cunningham <darren.cunningham_at_dml_runbox.com>

I've bought a 1959 Cadillac from Motoexotica through eBay and he's
legit. He even helped with exporting the car and arranged shipping to
the UK.

Darren
vin 12180 RHD