From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:24 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3102

1. Fuel plunger sticking
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>

3. Re: Fuel plunger sticking
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:24:50 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Fuel plunger sticking

Well, Well, Well...

I started my car this morning and it did its usuall BS (see below) but this time I decided to go back to the engine after I got it running but before I could accellerate (it would die if I depressed the accellerator) I turned the spindle while slightly depressing the air meter and the thing un stuck from a semi closed position! Now, so far it has only happened when the car is cold. Is it possible for heat to cause the plunger to free up? I assume I need to clean the plunger. I am worried that the PO put a scratch on it, if he did it needs replacing right?

this could potentially explain both of my problems right?:

1) engine fires up and dies immediately taking several attempts before it will stay running.

2) Engine will not accellerate once it is running, if the throttle is depressed the engine will die.

It must seem like my car is a real basket case but it really isn't, or thats what I keep telling my wife! :0)

Nathan

Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:36:50 -0000
From: "James Espey" <james_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email

The last week or so we've been receiving, by fax and email, offers of DeLoreans for sale - cars that are now owned and offered for sale by their true owners in various venues. The fax number these offers appear to be originating from is 514-325-0192, and the emails from "jncyjncy(at)yahoo.com".

I've recognized the VIN's of the cars that have been offered and it may be that someone is trying to do a "Sean Corbett" scam (search the
archives) or worse. Neither the mystery fax person or the mystery email person will provide any other contact information. This is an obvious red flag.

If anyone else has had contact with either of these people and can vouch for them , please speak up so they are not unnecessarily smeared.

James Espey

------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President
james_at_dml_delorean.com
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
tel: 800/872-3621
tel2:281/441-2537
fax: 281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 00:30:41 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel plunger sticking

It is posssible that the plunger is sticking. If you are real careful you can take the mixture unit apart and wash the plunger with a soft cloth and acetone. There could be other things that can also cause similar problems. Make sure the air sensor is centered and DOES NOT TOUCH THE SIDES OF THE VENTURI. The rest position can also be adjusted. If the plunger is damaged, depending on where and how bad, it might be possible to polish out a scratch. This kind of stuff is best left to someone with some experience but if it is already damaged then you can't do much worse to it! Again, make sure the frequency valve is buzzing. A dead Lambda would cause these symptoms. A bad CPR can also look like this so recheck the vacuum lines to it.