From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 5:51 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3103

1. Re: Fuel plunger sticking
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

2. Stock wheel (rim) sizes
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. Re: Fuel plunger sticking
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

4. Re: Fuel plunger sticking
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email
From: Phil Peters <PhilPeters_at_dml_postmaster.co.uk>

6. 2006 DeLorean Calendar
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

7. Re: DMC Factory and Test Track,and DMCHumble,and PJ grady
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

8. Carpets (was: Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email)
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

9. Re: Eurofest Dive Trip
From: Jamie Hamlin <jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Re: DMC Factory and Test Track,and DMCHumble,and PJ grady
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

11. Best Car Cover
From: "rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>

13. Re: Carpets (was: Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email)
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

14. Re: Best Car Cover
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

15. Deloreans for sale
From: "andy" <andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com>

16. Re: Carfax Report
From: "deloreandmc81" <shelbycobra_at_dml_earthlink.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:41:53 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel plunger sticking

In a message dated 2/1/2006 2:57:45 P.M. Central Standard Time, valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

this  could potentially explain both of my problems right?:

1) engine fires  up and dies immediately taking several attempts before it will stay  running.

2) Engine will not accellerate once it is running, if the  throttle is depressed the engine will die.

It must seem like my car  is a real basket case but it really isn't, or thats what I keep telling my  wife! :0)

Nathan
2277

Nathan,

Did you get a fuel pressure tester like was suggested a while back?   This
could help you identify any pressure problems.  OR just remove the  distributor (it is probably on there pretty tight) and check the plunger  yourself. Be careful lifting the distributor off the metering housing.  The  plunger will just fall right out (if it is ok).  Also plan on replacing the  O-ring underneath it if you do this too.

See? you'll see the rule of 20 in no time!!

Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:17:52 -0500
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Stock wheel (rim) sizes

Out of curiosity, I was looking through a number of websites that sell aftermarket wheels.  Although I can spout off the tire sizes, I don't know the wheel sizes. Anyone have this information?

Example Size: *15x7 4-100* *40*
*15* - Rim diameter in inches.
*7* - Width of rim in inches.
*4-100* - Bolt Pattern.
*4* - Number of lug holes in wheel.
*100* - Distance between lug holes (in millimeters).
40 - Wheel offset

Would appreciate any information!

Thanks!

Michael

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 01:51:44 -0000
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

Hi

i am currently restoring my car and have similar symptyms.
does the car idle atall?.

mine struggled (would die after 30 seconds)

with the plate depressed 5mm would run ok.
i therefore adjusted the co screw 1/4 turn clockwise.
the started and ran for 10 minutes (temp 1/4-1/5)...then died again.
would not restart, even jumping the cold start valve.
now iv'e checked the complete idle system (perhaps you should?).
and now i'm moving onto the lambda.
what happens with your car if you unplug the lambda ecu? will she run?.
i cleaned the plunger in my car with acetone.
just undo the three screws and lift very carefully to peer between the gap as you don't want the plunger to drop and hit anything.
i then soaked overnight and put back in. note the orientation.

as far as a know any scratch will render it no good.
the slots in it for instance are 0.2mm i think and barely able to see, so a scratch will enable petrol to flow where it shouldn't perhaps.

also the metering flap should be hard to push down due to the fuel pressure (and at rest pressure)

hope this helps. when i find my exact fault i'll post.

Regards

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> It is posssible that the plunger is sticking. If you are real
careful
> you can take the mixture unit apart and wash the plunger with a
soft
> cloth and acetone. There could be other things that can also cause
> similar problems. Make sure the air sensor is centered and DOES NOT
> TOUCH THE SIDES OF THE VENTURI. The rest position can also be
> adjusted. If the plunger is damaged, depending on where and how
bad,
> it might be possible to polish out a scratch. This kind of stuff is
> best left to someone with some experience but if it is already
damaged
> then you can't do much worse to it! Again, make sure the frequency
> valve is buzzing. A dead Lambda would cause these symptoms. A bad
CPR
> can also look like this so recheck the vacuum lines to it.
>

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_> wrote:
> >
> > Well, Well, Well...
> >
> > I started my car this morning and it did its usuall BS (see
below)
> > but this time I decided to go back to the engine after I got it
> > running but before I could accellerate (it would die if I
depressed
> > the accellerator) I turned the spindle while slightly depressing
the
> > air meter and the thing un stuck from a semi closed position!
Now, so

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 10:58:06 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Sounds like you need to investigate your CPR but the plunger should indeed move freely at all times and although cleaning may help, I have come across plungers that were just simply too tight in the hole for the throttle to respond properly. You can't just replace the plunger because they are precision ground and matched to the head they're in

Martin

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:14:15 +0000
From: Phil Peters <PhilPeters_at_dml_postmaster.co.uk>
Subject: Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email

Hi James,

I had a brief e-mail exchange with "jncyjncy(at)yahoo.com" last night (British time). The messages were not terribly clear, although they were extremely short and direct. The contact appeared to be offering me a floor carpet piece. I can only assume that this guy (who ultimately would not disclose a name) saw my "Parts Wanted" ad on the DMCNews website and contacted me directly.

What immediately struck me as unusual for a private sale or a used part sale was the very specific price he was asking. He asked would I be willing to pay $154.71 for the item, which is pretty much exactly what a NOS carpet piece would cost from yourselves at DMCH if my memory serves me correctly.

I asked him to e-mail me photos of the item (to see if he was genuine) but heard nothing back. At this point I would agree: approach with caution.

On a related note though, if anyone really DOES have the light grey passenger side floor and sill carpet suitable for an October '81 car, please drop me a line at philpeters(at)postmaster.co.uk

Cheers!
Phil Peters
VIN# 4400
Birmingham & Wolverhampton, England

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:18:50 -0000
From: "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: 2006 DeLorean Calendar

Last call for the 2006 DeLorean Calendar.

Dont miss another month of some of the nicest D pics around.  We have a limited supply of the calendars left.

If you would like to see a preview you can go to gullwingmagazine.com and check it out.  Orders can also be placed on the site.

Thanks
Ron

gullwingmagazine.com

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 03:16:23 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: DMC Factory and Test Track,and DMCHumble,and PJ grady

Dennis,

That's funny because at the same time you discovered it so did I,anyway I thought it would be nice to do a flyby over DMCHumble,and they make it so easy,all I did was put in their address/zip code,and it flew me RIGHT above their warehouse,and put me there in hover- mode,it was a crystal clear view of the warehouse,I went down to about 400 feet!! I could easily make out,if there were any of our silver beauties,but alas, none to be seen,Then I zoomed out,and it is amazing how fragile,that warehouse looks from 1500+ feet!It almost seems like a kids toy-box,anyway,Then I did a flyover to Pj Gradys business,all I could say is WOW! When I zoomed in you could actually see our silver beauties reflecting in the midday sun,and THE best part was-- I could EVEN make OUT,my ex red Delorean parked there-- cool--If you want to see a particular destination just put in the same address in the what and where areas,and it will fly you right to your destination,try it out over your own residence,and see if you can see,your own silver beauty sitting in your driveway.
CBL

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> I just discovered a new toy on the web called GoogleEarth.This is
pretty amazing and scary
> if you think about it.
>
> Many of the High population areas in the world are shown in high
resolution which allows
> for zooming in with great detail.
>
> You have to down load the program and it works best with a high
speed connection.
> Go to www.googleearth.com and down load the free version.
>
> Just for fun, I decided to look up the DMC factory Near belfast and
got pretty lucky on the
> first try. I just zoomed in on a cluster of white roofed buildings
and much to my surprise
> there was the test track next to the buildings.
>
> The DMC factory and Track is located at these coordinates.
> 54 Deg 32' 53.81" N
>   6 Deg 00'52.72" W
>
> It is interesting to see how the facory is nestled in a residential
area.   The mapping in this
> program is a compilation of satillite and airial photography
gathered from various sourses.
> Many of the images are 3 to 5 years old NOT REAL TIME . It is neat
to look up where one
> lives from the perspective of space, it's like flying over the
countryside without an airplane

Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:52:38 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Carpets (was: Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email)

On 2/2/06, Phil Peters <PhilPeters_at_dml_postmaster.co.uk> wrote:

> On a related note though, if anyone really DOES have the light grey
> passenger side floor and sill carpet suitable for an October '81 car,
> please drop me a line at philpeters(at)postmaster.co.uk

Interestingly, I'd like to replace mine as well. Also an October '81 car. I replaced the driver's side (which was soaked with fluid from a leaking clutch master) and was so happy with it that I tried to order the passenger's side as well. Unfortunately it's no longer available.

Thankfully mine is not in terrible condition, but I'm wondering, are these going to be remanufactured any time soon?

Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:06:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Jamie Hamlin <jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Eurofest Dive Trip

maybe one of the Delorean magazines would pitch in alittle money for
  some pictures and a article about the dive.

  Jamie

Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
  Rob Lamrock made some calls, and can set up a dive trip for us. The dive date would be May 30.

Cost for the boat is approx $800USD, with a capacity of 12 people.

Rental of all equipment is another approx $90USD.

I'd set my value (for me) on this dive trip at $200, so if we can get at least 8 people to go that would work out well.

If there is interest, please let me know ASAP.
Otherwise, I suspect we will just not do it this time.

Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:30:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

Claude,

  Those pictures aren't live.  Most are several years old.  Unless you sold your red car to rob 3-4 years ago, that's not it.  That's also why you didn't see any cars at Humble.  DMC probably wasn't moved in yet!

  Jake Kamphoefner
  1063

    <snip>

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:28:38 -0000
From: "rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Best Car Cover

Hello,
   I've been looking into car covers for the Delorean for a little
while.  I have read the posts on the Walmart car cover being a good
bet.  I am looking for a cover to put on my car while I'm at work
during the day to keep the sun off of it, and the occasional
sprinkle.  Does anyone recommend a good brand for UV protection?  I've
found a "covercraft" model that is fit for the Delorean for the price
of $293.00.  Seems a little pricey..maybe it's worth it???

Thanks,

Rick
Vin #0802
Ferndale, MI

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:31:30 -0000
From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm_at_dml_alltel.net>
Subject: Re: Strange Offers of DeLoreans via fax and email

This same person emailed me two times wanting pictures of a car I was
selling for the last few weeks. He/She Expressed great interest and
wanted more pictures and details about the car. The car sold last
Saturday to someone else and I haven't had contact with this person
since. FWIW I was selling an '83 16xxx vin if this person was trying
to pass it off.
seanM

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:35:47 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Hi

If anyone is interested our own Dave Howarth from the DOC UK has had
new sets of carpets remade and from all accounts they are very nice
well fitting sets! These are made in two different style of carpet
just to please most :)

If anyone would like any further details drop me a line

Kind Regards

Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 18:10:27 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Best Car Cover

In a message dated 2/2/2006 2:40:56 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Hello,
I've been looking into car covers for the  Delorean for a little
while.  I have read the posts on the Walmart  car cover being a good
bet.  I am looking for a cover to put on my  car while I'm at work
during the day to keep the sun off of it, and the  occasional
sprinkle.  Does anyone recommend a good brand for UV  protection?  I've
found a "covercraft" model that is fit for the  Delorean for the price
of $293.00.  Seems a little pricey..maybe it's  worth it???

Thanks,

Rick
Vin #0802
Ferndale,  MI

If the walmart one you are talking about is the "Buldge" brand one, then I
would probably not get that one for what you want to use it for. It's really
only good for keeping dust of the car if it is in a garage.  The  couple of
times I used it when it was outside and it sprinkled out, the rain  pulled the
dust through the cover and left dirty marks everywhere.  Not  sure if an
expensive one would do that too though.

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:03:57 -0000
From: "andy" <andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Deloreans for sale

Guys, here is a web site I have not seen anyone mention . Today they
have 14 Deloreans for sale from the cheap to the high end. Check out the
site, they have a really nice selection of cars.

www.collectorcartraderonline.com
<http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com>

Andy B 3513

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 02:43:15 -0000
From: "deloreandmc81" <shelbycobra_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Carfax Report

Hey everyone,
  A few weeks ago I posted that anyone interested in a Carfax report
could e-mail me and I would run one for them.  Well my account expires
February 10th and anyone wanting a report can still get one.  So
whoever still needs to find out the history behind that car you want
to buy, is more than welcome to contact me!  My e-mail address is
shelbycobra(at)earthlink.net.

                                           Take care,
                                             James Andrew Dille
                                             VIN# 6408