From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:02 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3104

From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>

From: "Todd Nelson" <todd1561_at_dml_gmail.com>

From: "blane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>

From: "dmcerik" <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

From: gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net

From: dtinnerstet_at_dml_centurytel.net

From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

9. Instrument Cluster Angle?
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

10. Delorean on Drawn Together
From: "brian10579" <bseefeldt_at_dml_ruekert-mielke.com>

11. Re: Best Car Cover
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

12. CO adjustment
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

13. DeLorean I spotted for sale in San Diego
From: "carpenter12740" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>

14. Room reservations update
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

15. I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a 125k loan today
From: "John" <silversurfer_at_dml_delorean.com>

16. 5-speed problem
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: Instrument Cluster Angle?
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:20:40 -0800
From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: DMC type cartoon

Hi,

My daughter (25 yrs old) is a comic fan and she found this one

http://tinyurl.com/abwd5

Enjoy,

Al
Al Roberts
twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net
#4649/#16049

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 02:45:18 -0500
From: "Todd Nelson" <todd1561_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Best Car Cover

Rick,

I bought the Covercraft NOAH car cover.  There are many different Covercraft lines, NOAH is one of them.  I bought it for similar purposes as you, mainly to keep the sun off and a light rain.  I chose this particular cover because it scored excellent in those areas.  So far it has been great, it does take up quite a bit of space, that some of the others do not.  But I rarely carry anything in the truck so it was fine.  I wound up buying mine from AutoAnything.com for $188.  And yes it does fit the car perfectly and has never come off in the wind.  I'd recommend it.  I would steer away from the "one size fits all" models, unless it's strictly from indoor use.  They usually do very little for UV protection or any weather for that matter.
Plus since it's not nearly as good of a fit as the custom ones it's hard to get them to stay on without tying them down.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:26:24 -0500
From: "blane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: car cover

Rick,

I have been using a car cover from CaliforniaCar Covers for years.  they
have several choices in covers and all are made to fit the DeLorean like a
glove.

Bill Lane

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:27:24 -0000
From: "dmcerik" <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Original Delorean Car Cover

Hi,
Does anyone have an original Delorean car cover for sale that is in new
condition?

Erik

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:00:17 -0700
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_comcast.net>

I have the high end Weathershield version of the covercraft.  It was pricy
but fits very well and folds up really small.  I can wash it in the home
washer and dryer.  If I was to get another one I think I'd go with the NOAH.
It's bulkier but has the same or better ratings as the Weathershield.  I
must say that shaking off the cover after a good rain and seeing the car
still dry is kinda cool.

Darkstar

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:00:21 -0500
From: gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net

"Todd Nelson" <todd1561_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:

The Noah car cover was my choice for a 1989 Corvette, which sits outside. My Delorean is in the garage. After it rains, the cheaper car covers let through, what looks like light brown silt and the car needs to be washed. Not so with Noah car cover. The car is still clean. I bought mine from Corvette America and it was $149.00 + shipping.

Gus, Vin 5971

>Rick,
>
>I bought the Covercraft NOAH car cover.  There are many different Covercraft
>lines, NOAH is one of them.  I bought it for similar purposes as you, mainly
>to keep the sun off and a light rain.  I chose this particular cover because
>it scored excellent in those areas.  So far it has been great, it does take
>up quite a bit of space, that some of the others do not.  But I rarely carry
>anything in the truck so it was fine.  I wound up buying mine from
>AutoAnything.com for $188.  And yes it does fit the car perfectly and has
>never come off in the wind.  I'd recommend it.  I would steer away from the
>"one size fits all" models, unless it's strictly from indoor use.  They
>usually do very little for UV protection or any weather for that matter.
>Plus since it's not nearly as good of a fit as the custom ones it's hard to
>get them to stay on without tying them down.
>
>Todd Nelson
>1561, Vermont
>http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 12:38:29 -0600 (CST)
From: dtinnerstet_at_dml_centurytel.net
Subject: Brokeback to the Future

[ADVISORY -- the web site hosting the video at the link below appears to also be associated with content for mature audiences]

For all of you Back to the Future fans check out this video clip for some creative editing of our favorite movie series.

http://pop.wizbangblog.com/2006/02/brokebackto_the_future.php

Darryl T
(still lurking)

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:57:44 -0600
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

[ADVISORY -- the web site hosting the video at the link below appears to also be associated with content for mature audiences]

Ha!

http://gorillamask.net/bbf.shtml

(Thanks to my friend Mike for finding this.)

Jake

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:20:14 -0800
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: Instrument Cluster Angle?

I find that my instrument cluster/binnacle are angled a bit low for my
tastes, it's hard to see some of the indications at the top of the
cluster without ducking my head a bit.   Perhaps my seating position is
not what JDZ envisioned, but as I need to pull the cluster off soon I
was wondering if anyone had chosen to slightly shim their clusters to
angle them up just a bit more, and if the results were acceptable.

Tom
10902

PS - Who the other Delorean on San Fernando road going north yesterday
in Burbank?

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 20:47:03 -0000
From: "brian10579" <bseefeldt_at_dml_ruekert-mielke.com>
Subject: Delorean on Drawn Together

Its been 2 days since I saw this and I can't believe no one else has
mentioned it yet.  For anyone watching Comedy Central on Wednesday the
1st, specifically the show Drawn Together (a very mature audience type
show), Wooldoor uses the "Wooldelorean" to go help Captain Hero.

Probably one of the best animated shots of the Delorean I have seen.

For anyone interested I have added a few shots in a photo album at
Yahoo.

Counting the days 'til Chicago in June.

See you all then.

Brian10579
Vin# (take a guess)10579.

Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:51:45 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

I have the carcraft cover and its great.  Provides all the protection
your looking for, easy to put on and take off, but make sure you get
the lock and cable for it.

Bernie

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:24:54 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: CO adjustment

Where does the CO adjustment wire (top right corner pin on the
diagnostic connector) go to? I can't get any signal whatsoever out of
it, so I want to track the wire down and make sure it isn't broken
anywhere.

Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:49:52 -0000
From: "carpenter12740" <mattdcarpenter_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: DeLorean I spotted for sale in San Diego

http://www.vipclassics.com/stk2119205.phtml

Matt Carpenter
5586
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:59:21 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Room reservations update

I just received this e-mail  (below) Friday and it looks like the Golf Rooms
are now sold out as  well.
The basic rooms are left and we do  have a reasonable amount of them left but
I would guess that we will sell out by  the beginning of April at the latest
at Pheasant Run.  I do not have any  alternate hotels at this point.
Remember if you sign up for a room  you may cancel within 48 hours at no
charge. Don't miss this event we are  planning new and exciting DeLorean related
event.
Ken,
Just an FYI  just make my  reservations and was told that the Golf rooms are
now sold  out.
See you in a  few months!

Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:59:37 -0000
From: "John" <silversurfer_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a 125k loan today

http://tinyurl.com/8cby7

Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 02:18:07 -0000
From: "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: 5-speed problem

My 5-speed tranny was put in around last January or so.
It ran fine until July, when the car refused to go into reverse.
I took the car to my garage and my mechanic called me after to let
me know the car would no longer shift or move. We had to take off
the one axle to push the car so I could have it towed home. He felt
the tranny had an internal problem. Recently I moved and have had
the car broght here also. Now the car still runs, and it started to
shift again. However, 1,3,5, and reverse all sift smooth. 2 may or
may not enage, and 4 does but has some restinace. I haven't tried to
drive the car for fear of damaging it, plus I don't have the
knowlage to put it back on. I was told that there is a "pin" that
may be the problem. Has any one else had this problem? And is it
possible that maybe that the tranny is bad? I baby my car, so I
don't drive it hard. Or push the car more then it should. My friend
and I started to take off the middle console, however, it seems to
be stuck. Anyone HELP PLEASE!!!!
I used the rest of my DeLorean funds on theis current tranny. So
aside from having less then 700 to work with. At least is there
something I could do to figure out the problem???

Thanks for any Help
Darryl

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:26:30 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Instrument Cluster Angle?

Tom, I have the same problem with mine - can't hardly see the
indicators at the top - and would love to hear any possible solutions
people might have for this.

-Ryan