From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:42 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3111

1. RE: DeLorean Takes #1
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Where has Jameel Ahed been all these years?
From: "gigawat007" <jameelahed_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

4. Re: Re: My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. re-aluminum core/plastic tank radiator
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

6. Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Re: Dwell meter setting?? More than you might want to know... ? too LONG?
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

8. Re: Dark Grey or Light Grey Headliner
From: "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

10. Re: Where has Jameel Ahed been all these years?
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

12. Re: Great tool for measuring Delorean 0-60 times
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

13. Re: Great tool for measuring Delorean 0-60 times
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

14. Re: Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>

15. Re: Great tool for measuring Delorean 0-60 times
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

16. Wow... I asked a ton of questions
From: "gigawat007" <jameelahed_at_dml_gmail.com>

17. Re: Wow... I asked a ton of questions
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:02:27 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: DeLorean Takes #1

Bryan,

My son and I did the same thing many years ago. I believe we still have the car. I'll see if I can find it and post a picture.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:23:42 -0000
From: "gigawat007" <jameelahed_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Where has Jameel Ahed been all these years?

Hi guys!  It has been a long long time!  I hope all of you are doing well!  I still have my DeLorean (Vin 2273) She is doing fine!

I guess you all have been wondering where I have been for all of these years... Why don't you take a look at my company's newly released website!  www.RoboticFX.com I think the website will explain where I have been!  (another portion of what I do can be
found at:  www.RFXElectronics.com    and   www.IdeaTo3D.com

After September 11th I decided to leave my job in Boston and start my own company.

Mission
Entering into potentially dangerous situations without vital information places first-responders, as well as those they are trying to save, at a great risk. Robotic FX, Inc. designs and manufactures a low cost, highly versatile robotic system available for immediate use in emergency situations. Our goal is to help first responders make informed decisions from a safe distance in an effort to save lives.

I can't wait to catch up with you guys!  I need to sit and read all of these dml messages!

Talk to you guys soon!

Jameel Ahed

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 02:14:01 -0500
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>
Subject: Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.

As to not cause confusion of the currently valuable DMC-H brand with the now defunct original DMC brand that was owned by John Delorean, shouldn't the press release instead say "the current president of DMC-H, Stephen Wynn"?

http://tinyurl.com/9gr7c

Michael Paine
vin 6067

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:06:23 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet

Kayo,

Thank you for your response.

> Do you still have the OEM pipes and muffler?

I don't, actually, and others have concurred with you that this is probably my problem. I intend to replace my current exhaust system with a stock system as soon as possible.

I will respond to the list when this has been done and let everyone know the outcome.

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:01:21 -0600
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: re-aluminum core/plastic tank radiator

I had a cooling problem several years back that drove me crazy. I had no leaks, no air in the system, a properly working thermostat, and no head gasket problem. In a word or two, the system had all the apperances of being in excellent shape. I decided to pull the original radiator and discovered it to be about 75% blocked. The fins in the AC evaportaor are spaced quite a bit further apart than the original radiator. Junk; dirt, weeds, and even Montana grasshoppers can find their way through the evaporator and lodge in the radiator core. It's practicaly impossible to see this and just as impossible to hose the radiator core out with the evaporator covering the front and the fan shroud covering most of the back. As long as the work was done pulling the radiator I decided to get a three core  metal tank radiator from Rob Grady. I remember Rob telling me I may have to make some adjustments in the mounting holes but it fit perfectly. The fins are spaced about the same as the evaporator so there's less chance of the radator core becoming clogged without you knowing it. This solved my cooling problems ever since.

Bruce Benson

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:03:12 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

http://www.prnewswire.com/news/index_mail.shtml?

Another thing I won't get to see, I guess.  What the heck is GSN?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Dore" <dmcjohn_at_dml_...> wrote:

> GSN's new weekly documentary
> series, ANYTHING TO WIN, will chronicle the up-and-down life of
> automotive icon John DeLorean Tuesday, February 14 at 9 PM ET/PT.
> ANYTHING
> WIN: THE
> CRASH OF JOHN DELOREAN will feature an interview with DeLorean's
> daughter and present his story in an hour-long segment that includes
> his
successes

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:11:26 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Dwell meter setting?? More than you might want to know... ? too LONG?

Well, my meter has three connections - positive & ground for power, and a third connection to measure the lambda output. I connect the positive to the jumper terminal on the right of the car, clip the negative to the engine block, and clip the lambda output to the upper right terminal of the diagnostic connector (as viewed from the driver's side, looking across the car toward the passenger's side).

If you aren't getting a reading with this, as I didn't for a long time, you probably have other problems with the lambda system. Once I isolated and solved my problems (replaced oxygen sensor, disconnected bad full throttle switch, and dialed the CO into a range the lambda system could do something about) the meter started pulsing like it should.

-Ryan

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:29:30 -0000
From: "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dark Grey or Light Grey Headliner

Thanks- thats kinda what I wanted to hear. Sorry you don't like yours. That is one of the great things about this news group

11572

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:32:34 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Actually - the HR6DS is a silver tip plug. The HR6DP is the platinum tip plug, or at least it use to be. I used the Platinum plug for many miles and went back to silver because I happen to have a bunch of them and I never noticed any difference. I now have silver plugs that came with the Nology system. Nology claims silver does a better job - I certainly noticed an improvement with the Nology system at least, which is a lot more than just the plugs.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have to ask because this subject comes up very often. Why do
people keep
> saying that the correct plugs for the DeLorean are not platinum when
the
> Owners manual clearly states on page 38 to use Bosch HR6DS (Platinum
> Tipped)?? Service manual lists the same spark plug number on page
A:02:01.

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:59:39 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Where has Jameel Ahed been all these years?

Vin 2273 meet Vin 2277

Nathan
2277

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:46:27 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Game Show Network. One of your more obscure high-digit cable channels.
I have it and didn't even know it until I looked.

Dave S

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:25:55 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Great tool for measuring Delorean 0-60 times

Nevermind. I'm stupid. I got the joke, it just took me a minute. If a
moderator happens to catch my previous message, please block it and
this one. If you let my previous message through already, let this one
through, too - that way I only look like half a fool instead of a
complete one. :)

Steve: That's actually very funny. And, sadly, not far from the truth.

-Ryan

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:23:47 -0800
From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 19:35:05 -0600
From: "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.

Game Show Network, we've got it on our standard cable package with Comcast
in Arlington, Texas.
When they were filming at the DMC openhouse last summer and said it would be
on GSN, my wife and I both were like"The Game Show Network???". They just
started the "Anything to Win" series this month. They've already aired one
on Johnny Cochrane and Arnold Schwarzenager. I guess it goes with the
concept of life's a game and these people did everything to win at their
particular game. I'm sure someone on the list will have a copy of this.
(Video Bob, hint,hint).

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 02:43:59 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Sorry - I read them in order. Of course Yahoo puts them thru NOT in
order so it looks even wierder....

Dave S

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:07:29 -0000
From: "gigawat007" <jameelahed_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Wow... I asked a ton of questions

I just read some of my very first posts... I can't believe how many
posts I made!  All those questions!  Wow...  Thanks again for making
my DeLorean experience a positive one!  I really think this DML is
really a fantastic thing!  Thanks guys for keeping it going!  I still
use a ton of !! marks... I have now moved on to using a lot of .. ;-)

Good luck guys!

Jameel Ahed
President Robotic FX, INC.
www.RoboticFX.com

"Helping First Responders make informed decisions from a safe
distance!"

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:22:21 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Wow... I asked a ton of questions

So - is your car still running? Last I recall, you pulled your engine
at Univ of IL to change the spark plugs or something....about 7 years
ago.

----

For those who weren't here - probably 7-8 years ago Jameel was an
especially persistent college-student newbie who amused us to no end
with questions (and lots of exclamation marks!) - and ended up being
quite the DeLorean mechanic.  Then he disappeared into the real world,
never to be seen again - we thought!

Good to have you back.

Dave Swingle