From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:31 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3112

1. Re: Dark Grey or Light Grey Headliner
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

2. New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764
From: "apexrmb" <Apexrmb_at_dml_earthlink.net>

3. Re: DeLorean Takes #1
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

5. Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

6. RE: New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>

7. Re: New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

8. Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

10. Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Wow... I asked a ton of questions
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

12. Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

13. RE: New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. Transmission Question
From: delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net

15. Re: Transmission Question
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

16. Re: New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

17. Re: Transmission Question
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:35:11 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: Dark Grey or Light Grey Headliner

I have the black seats and black dash, but replaced the headliner with the light grey headliner.  The old dark grey made the car too dark, it's already pretty dark because of the black.  I think it looks great, brightens it up.

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:37:37 -0000
From: "apexrmb" <Apexrmb_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764

Just bought my first DeLorean. Paid $7500 5000 down 2500 before 2007.
Well, I have my work cut out for me. I heard its real hard to change the Fuel Pump?

Apex

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 06:27:32 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Takes #1

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pearce <bryanp_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> This is just a fun link about the experience I had with my 6 year old
> son.  He wanted to enter the Pinewood Derby this year and make a
> DeLorean.  I helped him create a DeLorean shaped block of wood and he
> did the rest.
"Believe it or not, the DeLorean won every race for his division and took first place."

Now we can claim the DeLorean has a winning racing heritage. Bring that car and the trophy to DCS '06!

Dan Wilson
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:49:07 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: My first tune up: Making progress, not quite there yet

The only claim the platinum plugs can make is that they *can* last for a very long time. That is a good thing on a car that gets a lot of mileage. On any car driven intermittantly, like most of us, who don't accumulate much in a year, the platinum plugs make no sense. They are also a lot more expensive. I am not against paying more but in this case you don't get more. Another point, Rob Grady, who pushed the platinum plugs early on, is seeing them fail. The seal at the shell and the porcelin fails and combustion pressure leaks out. He no longer recomends platinum plugs. If you change your plugs every 10 years or 25,000 miles you should be fine. (assuming 2,500 miles a year for 10 years=25,000 miles). The regular plugs will last just fine for that period.

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:03:39 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: "The crash of John DeLorean" story.

Be sure to watch your program guide carefully. On mine, this show
seems to air on Saturday night, but at the moment they do not display
a particular episode content, just that it's on. The Feb 14th time (8
central) timeslot currently appears to be "The match Game". I just
set the DVR to record all occurrences so hopefully it will catch it.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Game Show Network, we've got it on our standard cable package with
Comcast
> in Arlington, Texas.
> When they were filming at the DMC openhouse last summer and said it
would be
> on GSN, my wife and I both were like"The Game Show Network???".
They just

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:44:09 +0000
From: "Jeff Friday" <DeLorean_Type304_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: RE: New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764

Congrats on the purchase.

Actually it's not hard at all.

First, take out the spare tire and remove the screws holding down the
closing plate.

Now you're right on top of the fuel pump.

Remove the hose clamp holding the top of the boot (probably disconnect those
lines coming out first at the hard lines from under the car.  That might
make it easier.

Disconnect the two wires at the top of the pump.

Now slowly lift the assembly out and disconnect the lines underneath.

Done!

Welcome to the group!

Jeff in NC

P.S. You might want to go ahead and update the Fuel Sender while you're in
there.  Simple drop in replacement.  You can possibly have yours rebuilt if
it's original but DMCH/F sells a great upgraded unit.

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:15:58 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "apexrmb" <Apexrmb_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Just bought my first DeLorean. Paid $7500 5000 down 2500 before 2007.
> Well, I have my work cut out for me. I heard its real hard to change
> the Fuel Pump?
>
> Apex

actually i found the fuel pump one of the easiest things.. The other
fuel components were a little more challenging... Fuel accumulator for
example.

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:56:27 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

No cable here, I never had time to watch it... I wonder if copies
for personal viewing might become available for a modest fee *cough*

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:35:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

Congrats Apex,

  Just got mine last November.

  Parts Pit Mike
  17076

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:07:49 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Couple more Q's for anyone interested in answering:

What have these shows been like so far?  Ultra cheesy?  And how much
content is it?  Thirty minutes or an hour?

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:13:12 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Wow... I asked a ton of questions

Jameel actually made a "guest appearance" last July at the BTTF
screening in Orland Park, IL, just by cooincidence.  Jameel had
been to that theatre the week before, saw an ad for the one BTTF
screening the following week and just showed up that evening
with his DeLorean and got the same priority DeLorean parking.
From what I remember, his DeLorean was running well that day.

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:07:03 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

Heh  - If 1/3 the DML watches it, the show's ratings will probably
triple. This is one of those channels nobody watches....or even knows
they have. I believe it runs an hour. Normal programming is TV game
shows from the 70s.

Dave S

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:13:29 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I'll add one more step. It's the new step 1:

Disconnect the battery! You will be working over a big open can of gasoline.
It would be a shame it we didn't hear from you again after your fuel pump
replacement!  ;)

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:14:22 +0000
From: delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Transmission Question

This may be a dumb questions but it is the first time I noticed it...there is a silver tag on the top of my automatic transmission housing that has the numbers 4141-80 printed and "#1264" stamped on it.

Anyone know the significance of these numbers?  Also, does anyone know the history of the DeLorean transmission and if it was used in any other cars?  If so, which ones?

Thanks!!

JAS

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:19:44 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Transmission Question

delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net wrote:

>does anyone know the history of the DeLorean transmission and if it was used in any other cars?  If so, which ones?

Renault 30, with the final drive reversed. Probably Renault 25 V6 too.

>JAS
>10648
>6441
>2449
>1548

Say hello to #1458!

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:59:48 -0000
From: "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net>

Welcome to the group,

Your in for a lot of fun, great driving car, but your on the right
track to get it running right, fuel system first.  Then the rest of
the car.  We are all here to help, some can help better than others,
I'm not one of those yet, but I'm learning a lot from this group
(thanks to all).  And I have no life so I pretty much live DeLorean.
 I happen to own two DeLeoreans, VINS 6704 and 4045, both of which are
kind of off the road right now having work done on them, I'm working
on 6704, and 4045 is in Houston getting some nice upgrades.

Have you found any other D owners in your area, they would be a great
group to get in touch with.

Bernie

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:25:25 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

And don't forget Stevens-bodied Lotus Esprits.  Roughly mid-1988 through
the end of production in 2004.  They had different ratios and a reversed
final drive.  Actually, it's the DeLorean that has the reversed final drive...

-------------- Original message from Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>: --------------