From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:13 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3114

1. Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?
From: Nigel Clarke <clarkenigel_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

4. Re:Fuel system was New Owner
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

5. Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?
From: Nigel Clarke <clarkenigel_at_dml_gmail.com>

6. Re: Fuel pump
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Re: Red Delorean Painting
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

8. Re: Re: Fuel pump
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Fuel pump
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

11. Re: Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?
From: Nigel Clarke <clarkenigel_at_dml_gmail.com>

12. Re: Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:00:34 -0500
From: Nigel Clarke <clarkenigel_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?

All,

My name is Nigel Clarke. I'm a design student who is making a mock ad for my demo reel. That means I'm making a car commercial and I have choosen the DMC 12. I'm a long time fan and I love the mystique behind the car.

Can someone point me in the direction of a good location to find pics of John De Lorean, the DMC 12 and any live video footage.

I would really appreciate it.

thx

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:02:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?

Try entermyworld.com.  Tons of great pics and video there.  I would recomend joining the forum there too.

  Chuck McKnight

---------------

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:04:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

Can't help you Nigel.

  But when you're done I'm sure EVERYONE on this board will want to see your work.

  Interesting that Chevy now has their "Drive the Dream" slogan.  Hmmmm.

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:46:20 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re:Fuel system was New Owner

Just to make a point here, this is just one method (not necessarily the best or safest) to get the fuel system going. A lot depends on the length of time the car sat, indoors or outdoors, hot climate or cold, with a full tank of fuel, etc. There is no definative procedure to bringing a car "back from the dead". It takes a lot of experience to know what should be done in a particular case. I would start in the fuel tank, it will be indicative of the condition inside the rest of the system. You may not have to replace everything, many parts may be salvageable. On a Delorean you can expect to "go over" the fuel system, the brake system, and the clutch system. They seem to age the worst. You will also find you will have to undo much of the work done by previous mechanics and P.O.'s and redo it correctly with the right parts. One of the main reasons you find the cars dead in the first place! The consequences of the long storage period are mainly because the car went dead in the first place and they couldn't get it to run so it just sat and aged. The challange is to find the origional problem that kept it from running. In redoing the fuel system you may also be fixing that origional problem. Or not. In any case you WILL find it eventually. BTW plan on replacing the tires, they do NOT age well and can fail unexpectedly. When you do get the car running change ALL fluids.

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:06:32 -0500
From: Nigel Clarke <clarkenigel_at_dml_gmail.com>

All,

I will make my clip available to everyone. It is going to be a car commercial, but I'm putting a spin on it. I want to capture John Delorean and his journey in the autoworld which finally ends with the DMC 12.

I will let you guys know how things progress.

Thanks

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:33:16 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump

I'll second this.

Sometime before I got my car, the filter on the end of fuel pickup hose inside the baffle had come off.  The previous owner didn't know... he told me he'd replaced the fuel pump at least once.

I found it when I eventually I replaced the entire baffle with one of John Hervey's simpler setups. This was also when I replaced my fuel pump for the second time in less than six months.

So do a careful inspection based on what the other folks here recommend!  Any money you try to save now will end up costing you more later.

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Gekko_at_dml_..." <gekko_at_dml_...> wrote:

So, to answer your question, no the fuel pump is actually pretty easy to replace.  But don't just replace it without fully investigating the entire fuel system before you try to start up, again.  You'll be glad you did.

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:16:46 +0000
From: DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Re: Red Delorean Painting

I actually spoke to George,  He is from PA and is planning to have a showing later this year in NJ where the painting of the Delorean will be one of the works shown, as well as be at the Radnor Hunt Concours in Sept.  He has some very nice work if you check out hi site, for those interested, other than the Delorean.  Only 50 of the Delorean Prints will be made according to the artist and will be Giclee prints, Pencil signed, titled and numbered

Gary

Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:57:02 -0600
From: "bjmccool" <bjmccool_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Hemming Classic Car

Didn't know if anyone had mentioned it yet, but in the March 2006 issue of Hemmings Classic Car on page 72 an automotive artist named George Rothacker has a spread on different cars he has drawn. In the main picture of him, he is in the process of painting a Red Delorean with its doors up. Very professional looking. Here's his website:

www.georgerothacker.com

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:53:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Fuel pump

I'll throw my testimony in as well.  My car had a old old fuel pump in it, so we changed it with a spare we had on hand, and in one week flat it died.  Of course, it was a used spare, so we just figured it was its time to go - no big deal.  We replaced it the first week of May 2004, but at PF 2004 while sitting in reverse waiting for Casey to get in his car, my car suddenly died.  Pump died - in 2 months flat.  That's when I decided that wasn't going to happen again.  I installed a new pump that day at PF, then when I got home, I took everything out of the tank and used B12 carburator (sp?) cleaner and a rag, and cleaned the WHOLE tank - or whatever I could reach.  I first used a dry rag and wiped it down, used a rag with B12 cleaner on it and cleaned the tank, shopvac'd the tank, took another rag with B12 and cleaned it again, then shopvac'd it again, then finally wiped it down with a clean, dry rag.  So far, so good.

Jeremiah

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:07:58 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

For ideas, I think the emotional impact of the German DMC fansite
clip would be great for inspiration, if anybody knows of a link to
that for Nigel.

We're only making plans for Nigel.
We only want what's best, for him (Sing along if you know it.)

--S

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:38:46 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Fuel pumps die for a couple of reasons: (of course this is assuming
you have 12 volts on it!)
Dirt (this is a BIG one)
Sucking in air from a pick-up hose with a hole in it
Old age
Trying to suck fuel through a kinked pick-up hose or a plugged up
suction filter
So if you want your pump to last make sure the tank is kept clean by
inspecting it once a year, make sure the pick-up hose is in good
condition (not soft or cracked) and be VERY careful not to kink it as
you install the fuel pump, and if you have an origional pump it may be
a good idea to keep a spare. Acetone is the cleaner of choice but DO
NOT use a shop vac. The sparks from the brushes could ignite the
fumes. Just wipe out with shop towels and dispose of properly. Work
with plenty of ventilation and use nitrile gloves.

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:01:53 -0500
From: Nigel Clarke <clarkenigel_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Video Clips of Delorean or the DMC?

All,

Is there anyone who works for DMC that is on this list? I tried calling DMC
to get in contact with people in the art dept, and they were not really
helpful :-(

Does anyone know where I can get some pics of Delorean "Cut aways" or design
sketches of the Delorean, LeMans, and the Lotus?

thx