From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:14 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3121

1. Subject: Re: Aw Crud!
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>

2. Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. RE: "Anything to Win" on GSN
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

4. Re: Aw Crud!
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

5. Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Practical Classics March issue
From: "eremhcel" <dmcfive0_at_dml_aol.com>

7. Re: Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

8. GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Anyone Familiar with The DeLorean Group, Inc.?
From: Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. New VIDEO
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. RE: Re: "Anything to Win" on GSN
From: Craig fleishauer <flyswater0_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Anything to Win
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>

13. Re: "Anything to Win" on GSN
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Buzzing!
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

15. RE: Starting problem...
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>

16. Re: Practical Classics March issue
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

17. Re: Buzzing!
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

18. Re: DeLorean Storage
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>

19. Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

20. Re: New VIDEO
From: "dreamdmc" <dominique.flandin_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>

21. Leather cleaner
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: "Anything to Win" on GSN
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

23. Re: GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

24. Re: Buzzing!
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

25. Re: Buzzing!
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:16:04 -0500
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Subject: Re: Aw Crud!

Dave,
Thanks for the tips-I will make some calls and see if I can't arrange to get this repair done professionally.  In regards to my car repairs the thing that pushed my expenditures up so high was having to replace the entire frame.  With the help of folks like Josh and Dave Sontos I've managed to learn how to do many of these things myself and actually have not used a mechanic's services since I first purchased it in 2004.  If I had paid someone else to do what Josh and Dave S. have done I would be in the Rule Of
35 club!
Off to practice crawling through the passenger door for awhile, Mike #3760

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:54:13 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Aw Crud!

Too bad about all your problems but the good news is you are probably over the worst of it and are now into the "Preventitive Maintaince"
period. Of course from time to time you will have a problem to fix but remember the car IS 25 years old! The door problem is kind of a big deal however. It is very inconvenient to use the car when the driver's door won't open. The repair is over the skill level of a novice. It sounds like you have had much of the work on your car done by others for your bills to be so high. Even for a Delorean in "perfect" running shape you still need to budget *some* money on repairs and maintainence. The thing to do is to get in touch with you favorite vendor and see what arrangments can be made to get the door repaired.
If you are not comfortable doing this kind of work your efforts could make things worse and more expensive to fix.

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:38:04 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....

No, the original plastic shifter boot frame is what I repaired with fiberglass. It will never break again!

Nathan
2277

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_...>

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:47:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: "Anything to Win" on GSN

  I expected to have the same reaction that Bob did after watching this program, but I couldn't have been much happier with it.

  I thought this one was refreshing, and I have a feeling that I owe that to the many DeLorean enthusiasts who helped with the show (particularly Steve Wynne, James Espey, Tamir Ardon, and Rob Lamrock).  How many of us celebrated when they mentioned the side clearance required for the gullwings, or the fact that John never went to jail??  I sure did.

  They didn't spend much time ripping on the car, which I also appreciated.  The main point was just that DMC stopped selling enough of them, which is true.  The shots at John weren't completely derogatory, and left some room for speculation -- including some suspicions that many of us have.  They spent a lot of time praising his good attributes and Tamir intelligently backed them up.

  I also thought the representation of the group (us) was one that I am happy to be associated with.  They didn't represent us as "nerdy" at all, in my opinion.  They simply showed that there are people who still love this car.  At most, Sasha's comments were a little "enthusiastic" -but that's what being an enthusiast is all about...

  They did say that the doors would "fall" on people, which is bogus of course, and probably was confused with the old "lock in" stories or maybe cold weather symptoms.  But if all they get wrong is that (and misspelling James' last name) I'm a happy camper.  Congrats on the good coverage everyone.

  Jake Kamphoefner

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:13:36 -0500
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

Stock DeLorean Specs are available at:
http://babbtechnology.com/thecar/anatomy.htm

Michael

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:01:48 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I really like the supple leather, and the build quality in the leather stainless framed shifter boots available from PJ Grady. Amazingly better than an original one with the cheapo plastic frame, and cheap leather.

Go for Grady's shift boot, you won't be sorry.

Also, Don isn't the one running Delorean one, that is a friendly fellow named Ed. :-)

Anyway, Josh Haldeman can sell you a recovered dash with the swap of your core. jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net

And Don Steger (www.deloreanmotorcenter.com )sells recovered binnacles with your core as well, not sure if DMCH has gotten the binnacles a7 dashes ready for sale yet, haven't heard much on them latley.

-Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,
16851

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:33:26 -0000
From: "eremhcel" <dmcfive0_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Practical Classics March issue

I was at Barnes and Noble last night and the UK car magazine "Practical Classics" March 2006 issue has a 4 or 5 page buying guide article on the DeLorean. At the end of the article, they gave thanks to fellow
DMLer's: Martin G., Chris P., and James Espey. I thought it was a good article and thought I'd pass this info along to others who might want to check it out.

Mike
5623 (hibernating until Spring)

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 03:07:46 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....

This doesn't sound very safe.  Which parts of your frame did you repair?

-------------- Original message from "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>: --------------

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:03:28 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean

Here it is for your viewing pleasure.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFyw_6QT7uY

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:37:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Anyone Familiar with The DeLorean Group, Inc.?

While searching the Thomas Register I came across this company:

The DeLorean Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 783
Royal Oak, MI 48068
Phone: 248-548-4185

There's no web presence established (yet?), so has anyone noticed
this company before?  The Register states it's a service company
specializing in training.

Pretty cool....

Rob Greenhaw

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:33:35 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: New VIDEO

Go to http://dfwdmc.com/
and then click on MEDIA, you will find the new video that every one is
talking about!

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:52:45 -0800 (PST)
From: Craig fleishauer <flyswater0_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Re: "Anything to Win" on GSN

Hi All,
  On the program they said that the engine that ended up in our cars wasn't the one it was designed for. What was?

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:43:58 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayfw_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Re: Anything to Win

We were at the Memphis show and stayed with Elvis at his "Heartbreak Hotel"
!!   Also Katherine DeLorean and family stayed there and we saw her often
and chatted with her.  We had one of the dinners with her at the same table
and got acquainted with her and held her baby (my wife did that part!!).
Saw her up on the stage when they played that music/song tribute to her dad,
and her crying!   Also got video's of both of us later.....she giving me a
hug and kiss.   My wife let us do that as I am 84!  Ho Ho.  I took my glove
door carefully packed along with a good heavy ball point intending to get
her to autograph the door.....however when I saw her signature for someone
else, I decided against it....it was completely unreognizable as being
DeLorean!  She had not changed her name at that time.  Anyway a very
memorable time for us.   Unfortunately I could not find that recent video
that everyone is talking about.....would sure love to have it.  Someone
called my wife today to tell me they had seen it!!!  You can't win!
Murray
Vin:  05962
Lic:  DMC-XII

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 05:50:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I found an error (unless I was distracted by the negativity of that Irish
producer who was also at the DCS Pigeon Forge show)... he stated that the two
entrances to the factory were separate entrances for Catholics & Protestants. I
remember hearing a factory worker at the DCS Show (George Craine?, Rob Lamrock?)
state that it was NOT so. The two separate entrances were there only for
geographical reasons & convenience.

Shannon Y
16506

-----------------

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:44:50 +0000 (GMT)
From: Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Buzzing!

Hi
  I dont get that buzzing noise when the key is in the ignition and the seatbelt is off. Was just wondering if there is any easy thing to look at to fix it. I have noticed a wire from the drivers belt latch, seems ok.
  Doesnt bother me that it doesnt work, but I want a fully functioning dmc!

  Thanks
  Thomas Mc Auley
  Vin #4087
  Belfast

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:54:49 -0600
From: "Kermit Poling" <KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: Starting problem...

If all you did was jump start the car, but never fully charged up the
battery (either by driving for a long while or by using a battery trickle
charger) than all you've done was drain the battery even more.  Jump
starting isn't an instant cure for a low battery, just a way of helping out
for a moment.  I'd suggest you pull that battery from the car and charge it
with battery charger and let it charge fully.  Put it back in after charging
and you should be fine.

KermitP

From: coreysmoo
Subject: [DML] Starting problem...

OK...  I have a problem.  My D is hybernating in the garage for the winter.

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:46:23 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Practical Classics March issue

Check out the ad opposite the last page of the buyers guide  :-)

Here it is anyway

http://www.delorean.co.uk/dmc_ad.jpg

I also have a transcript of the article, if anyone would like to read it.

Martin
#1458 - just out of 5 months' hibernation, new steering rack, angle
drive, headlights and brake m/c
#4426 - nearly finished and patiently awaiting registration in time for
Eurofest

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:49:53 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Buzzing!

Trust me, it would bother you if it did! I think probably 95% of D's out
there (certainly in the UK anwyay) have had that irritating thing
unplugged :-) It's not as if it tells you the single most useful thing a
buzzer should tell you - "you've left you're lights on"

Martin

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:11:19 -0000
From: "stainlessilusion" <5n-_at_dml_gmx.net>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Storage

Hey guys, thank you all who have responded to my storage question and
gave me some leads. I appreciate it! I'm a little weary of
self-storage places; I've heard some horror stories from people who've
kept their cars in some of those places. I'm sure that there are some
good self-storage places but I'd rather have the car sit somewhere
climate controlled and where someone trustworthy can look in on it
from time to time! I do plan on keeping the comprehensive insurance on
the car while it sits just in case...So thanks again for the help
guys! -----Dani B. #5003

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:13:09 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

Are people confusing the shifter boot frame with the general car
frame here?  I think readers are thinking that the car frame was
replaced or repaired with fiberglass.  I don't know what "safety"
issues there are to be concerned with regarding a cracked shift boot
frame!

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:21:43 -0000
From: "dreamdmc" <dominique.flandin_at_dml_wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: New VIDEO

First of all, thanks for the great video!
Is there a way to download it, because I'd like to keep it on my
computer.
Thanks again!
Domi.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_...>

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:31:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Leather cleaner

Hi,
  In preperation for this coming driving season and the related carshows, I have the majority of my interior our for cleaning and re-fir treeing (is that a word?).  I want to do a really deep clean of the leather and bring it back to its original glory.  The leather is in great condition, it just has some dirt marks from normal use.  Does anyone have a good procedure for restoring leather?

  Thanks,
  Erik

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:34:33 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Publicity is always good and positive is better than negative but as
someone famous once said, (I am paraphrasing here), I don't care what
they say about me as long as they spell my name right! Those
interested in the car will see it as more positive than the critics.
More public exposure can only help get more people interested and
ultimately that can lead to the value of the car going up. I see the
program as a fairly balanced presentation with some minor
inaccuracies. The media never gets everything perfect. I did like the
comparison of JZD with Donald Trump. The program was trying to show
JZD as one of the first celebrity CEO's. In that there is some irony
that Trump wound up with JZD's estate! Trump had his father's fortune
to get him started, JZD worked his a-- off for everything he got!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 (in hover mode, hibernating)

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:25:52 -0500 (EST)
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>
Subject: Re: GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean

Wow.  Thanks so much for this.

  If ever SOMEONE were to make a DVD of this at decent quality I'm sure they would sell to members of this list.

  Pir Mike

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:41:47 -0000
From: "sweitzel_2000" <sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com>

Interesting.. my buzzer only buzzes when the battery is almost dead.

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:27:47 +0000
From: Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_btinternet.com>

The Buzzer box is probably unplugged.  Look near the steering column and you
should find a black box and a wire hanging there.  But The first thing I did
with my car was to unplug it as it will drive you crazy

Dan
DMC Ltd.