From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 5:28 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3123

1. Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Leather cleaner
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: Aw Crud!
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Leather cleaner
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

6. Re: New VIDEO
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

7. Re: "Anything to Win" on GSN
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

8. Raffle Car UPDATE
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

9. RE: Re: New VIDEO
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

10. Lower amp radiator cooling fans
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

11. Re: GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. overseas shipping
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. Re: Aw Crud!
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. How does a company like Hemmings come up with such incorrect information?
From: "John" <silversurfer_at_dml_delorean.com>

15. Jeopardy sightings
From: Marty Lick <mlick27_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. DCS Rooms at Pheasant Run
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

17. Re: GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

18. Re: How does a company like Hemmings come up with such incorrect information?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

19. Re: How does a company like Hemmings come up with such incorrect information?
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

20. June Jaunt-Pheasant Run
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

21. Re: Raffle Car UPDATE
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

22. Re: overseas shipping
From: Darren Cunningham <darren.cunningham_at_dml_runbox.com>

23. Re: Leather cleaner
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Re: Lower amp radiator cooling fans
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

25. found this paper Delorean kinda cool!!
From: "William" <wbowie2003_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 01:51:20 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Standard Shifter Gator and.....

Come on people, we are talking about the shifter boot frame not the actual car frame. Sheesh

Nathan
2277

<valleyrat12_at_dml_...>: --------------

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:33:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: GSN - Anything To Win - The Crash Of John DeLorean

There may be a small issue of copyrights.

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:54:21 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Leather cleaner

With at least two great options available for recovering seats these days,
NOTHING beats an actual reupholstering unless your seats are really good to
begin with.  My seats were fairly tight and had a couple of sun damage  spots
and I tried everything (except for leatherique) to get them softer.   Maybe
leatherique would have helped but it can't fix cracks.  I bought new black Grady
seat covers and had  my seat frames blasted, painted and greased by a local
classic car  upholstery shop who also did the recovering at $100/seat.  they also
 replaced all the foam and cushions, making my seats like new and 10x more
comfortable.  In my opinion they are the nicest DMC seats I have ever seen  and
I have had many compliments from other owners too.  Not only  do they feel
good, but having new seats makes the rest of your interior  look a lot better
too.

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:09:38 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Aw Crud!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Green" <jeff.green_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi guys, new to this group, I am looking at in the future getting a
> Delorean.  I am looking for the performance specs on them.  Does anybody
> know where I can get them...

Another "must read":
http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/faq.htm

If you're looking for performance specs as far as power & speed, well,
the stock engine is 130hp, it's estimated top speed is about 130 MPH,
and I think it runs the 1/4 mile in like the high 16s. Yes, it's a
sports car. No, it's not a high performance car.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:59:21 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

I also recomend Leatherique. Get the cleaner and the rejuvinator, 2
separate products. They also have the dye if you have a lot of cracks.
Remember the leather is ONLY the seating surfaces (not the sides or
backs), the door straps, steering wheel (not the center pad), and the
shifter boot (if a 5-speed). Everything else is vinyl. Clean well and
overdue the rejuvinator. You can leave it on for a while and remove
the excess, it will soak in and make the leather smooth and supple.
This stuff is great for all leather. It can take leather that is like
cardboard and make it almost like new. This stuff is used on Rolls
Royces, Jaguars, etc.

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:01:11 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: New VIDEO

VB - Great for you to do that! Thanks!

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_...>

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:42:43 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: "Anything to Win" on GSN

I have to say, I am excited to see a refreshing documentary of John
DeLorean. Unfortunately 3/4 of the way through it lost the happy
momentum. It is just a damn shame things happened for John the way
they did. Just imagine for one moment how different cars in today's
market would be if John DeLorean continued to compete in the
automotive industry. I imagine more style, economy & safety.
Mercedes wouldn't have  been the only car with air bags in the early
80's for example. You could tell cars were taking the shape of a
DeLorean like the Camaro's rear end in 1982 or the wide stance and
rear end of the vettes. It is obvious to me; the Delorean design was
being utilized and implemented in subtle ways. DeLorean would have
been a major competitor. I bet if his automotive empire succeeded,
we would have a "big four" instead of the "big three".
Hmmm, no mention of Lotus's involvement ("retired Ford bla bla bla")
or legend industries. I bet some of the missing money could be
linked with those companies. The investors & investments would have
gained in the long run, we all know that. Damn shame.
I am really psyched to see the familiar personalities in our group
on national television. I believe this is the beginning of a new and
exciting time for our DeLorean's. Keep them (don't sell), clean
them, maintain them and love them.

Byron

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:14:26 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Raffle Car UPDATE

Well it appears that the raffle car is off to a good start.  Sales of
tickets have been consistent and ahead of the sales of the last raffle car at  the
same period.

I have been asked in a few separate e-mails about the car itself.

This is the car I drove to Evansville in September.  It was complete  and
running around June of last year.  The interior has been redone and is  clean and
original.  Last years car had an aftermarket  interior.   If you remember the
posts on the car all said the same  thing.  GREAT RUNNING CAR, Strong engine.

The car has been gone over from top to bottom and has had all appropriate
repairs and  updates.  It did not need the work that the last one did  and at
this point there are no donated parts on it since most of the stuff  worked
anyway.

The only problem was a bad head gasket and that has been repaired.   Actually
we did both sides so that is one job that does not need to be  redone.  The
engine is clean and one thing I like about the car is that As  Patrick ( The
DML's Dear Abby equivalent)  Stated in his report on the car,  it starts real
easy.  Just touch the key and it goes. It also runs real  well and is actually
the best running Delorean I have owned from and engine  standpoint.

Unfortunately for me but fortunate for the upcoming winner, the  transmission
had the classic C1 drive failure and the computer governor  also was going.
This is being rebuilt and should be done some  time next week.

Mechanically this is a very reliable car from what experience I  have. ( I
have driven the car about 3500 miles).  The body is good but  not perfect or at
least not yet. As time goes out we will take out the  few very minor door
dings in it, I think there are  three with two being in the passenger door.

The car has about 43,000 miles from what I remember.

There are re powder coated rims and new tires, brakes, computer governor  and
the electric all redone inside the car.   Any car I get I  strip out the
interior completely and redo all the wiring to make sure it  all works.  This
includes new speakers that I put in at the Chicago Spring  Social last year.

The fuel system is new and luggage compartment is like concours.

This is a car that if I had not promised it to the raffle I would  consider
keeping.  It is a driver not a  concours and  it will drive you for years.
Windows and locks all work.
Dash is refurbished, binnacle is clean, seats are NEW covers so the inside
shows well.

There is a maximum of 600 tickets to be sold and as of tonight I believe we
are close to the 100 mark.

So take a chance and win a great running car.  The proceeds go right  back to
the show and help to fund a possible next car.

The rules and regulations are at _www.deloreancarshow.com_
(http://www.deloreancarshow.com)

Take a chance.  The last winner only bought two tickets.

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:50:50 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: New VIDEO

I have updarted it with a link to download the video....
Although you can just save the link to the YouTube version and watch it
streaming
anytime.

Go to http://dfwdmc.com/ and then MEDIA.
You will find the link.
- VB

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:04:08 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Lower amp radiator cooling fans

What are user's experience with the 11 amp (versus 28 amps) cooling
fans offered by SpecialT Auto?  I don't like that "drag" down feeling
when the original fans come on, and wondered if the less current draw
had much of an impact on that situation. Also, are they easy to
install?

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:54:05 -0600
From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I do have a crystal clear, edited DVD of the show....however it is NOT for
sale :>
Don't ask for it.
That's what the web version is for.
It will be played at my DFW-DMC parties.
- VB

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:15:03 -0000
From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: overseas shipping

Has anyone here ever shipped a car overseas?
I might need to ship a car to Paraguay.... any suggestions on who to
use and what the costs might be?

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:38:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I've always considered the DeLorean a touring car..

:)

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:26:37 -0000
From: "John" <silversurfer_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: How does a company like Hemmings come up with such incorrect information?

or is it just me?!!
I am planning on paying for a professional appraisal for insurance
purposes, and I hope they don't use this as a reference. Does anyone
have any suggestions if they come in "too low"

http://tinyurl.com/7vj5y

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:29:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Marty Lick <mlick27_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Jeopardy sightings

Almost a year ago, some folks noticed that John
DeLorean came up as an answer on Jeopardy.  Today, a
friend of mine pointed to the largest online Jeopardy
archive.  It contains every answer, question,
contestant and response through the shows history with
Alex Trebek.
Doing a search for DeLorean like this...

http://www.j-archive.com/search.php?search=DeLorean&submit=Search

reveals that either JZD or the car has come up three
times:

#4730, aired 2005-03-11	PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES
$1200: This car exec seen here put his name on an
innovative automobile
#1274, aired 1990-03-01	FANTASTIC FILMS $100: Marty
McFly traveled back to 1955 in a souped-up DeLorean in
this 1985 film
#1199, aired 1989-11-16	1981 $400: He introduced his
stainless-steel gull-winged sports car

Not sure if anyone collects this kind of useless
sighting trivia, but it's neat.

-- Marty

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:01:06 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DCS Rooms at Pheasant Run

Well as you know rooms are always hard to predict.
We bairly used up 200 rooms at Pigeon Forge and with many of the chicago
people not needing rooms because they are local we planned on 200 rooms here.  In
reality we ended up with closer to 250 rooms or a 25% icrease over Pigeon
Forge.
Those rooms did not sell out until June.

Chicago sold out last night.

So there are no more rooms at Pheasant Run

I will be getting the list from Pheasant Run today and go over the roster to
see what kind of mix we have.

DON"T PANIC if you do not have a room
Pheasant Run is working with other Hotels nearby and will be able to assist
you with a room in a few days.

This is strange because as of a few weeks ago we were running behind Pigeon
Forge in room reservations then after the post of Patrick and Rich W we had the
largest surge of any show we have ever had.

This show has not followed the t rends

This pretty much guarentees at least 500 people at the show so we should be
at the median attendance predicted.

Now its up to you that have not registered to help us smash the old record of
523 at Pigeon Forge.

We hope to have  125 -150 DeLoreans plus guest speakers that are from the
factory, the prototype DeLorean and many more hands on tech sessions.

The movie Looking " Back to the Future"  Now looks to be ready for showing on
Friday afternoon at 3:00 in the Pheasant Run theatre so you can see it there
as it makes its world Debut.

Thaks for making this show a success and look forward to seeing you there.

If you have problems with rooms e-mail me and I will work to get you rooms

I will do this until the hotel has made arrangements then forward your name
and phone number to them and they will get back to you

So if you cannot get a room at Pheasant Run and they do not get you a room
elsewhere please e-mail me at this e-mail address With your name and a phone
number and I will pass it to Pheasant Run when they have an alternative hotel
lined up.

INCLUDE NUMBER OF PEOPLE AND DATES REQUIRED

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:23:32 -0500 (EST)
From: Parts Pit Mike <thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com>

I meant the producers of the show themselves offering a DVD for sale of course. A limited run of a few hundred offered by to this list would likely clear out.

  Parts Pit Mike

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:27:52 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

If you do actually require an appraisel have the appraiser get in
touch with DMCH. They can provide enough background materiel to help
your appraiser set a value to the car. The way it is done is you take
a car in perfect or #1 condition and see what it sold for. A recent
auction is generally the best measure but private sales can be used
too. You then try to acertain the condition of the car being
appraised. For instance if a #1 car sold at a recent auction for
$37,000 and you have a #1 condition car then you can say that car is
worth $37,000. If the car you are trying to value is in less than #1
condition, say #2, then you would deduct a certain amount for what it
would take to get it from #2 condition to #1 condition. Most insurance
companies will insure up to $25,000 without an appraisel. They will
ask for some pictures to document it's condition at the time you
insure it. Most appraisers will purchase from auctioneers a book of
recent sales so they can see what the market is for a particular car.
This is what is known as "comps" or comparable sales. Before you go
spending money on an appraiser get some quotes from several insurance
companies. I tend to prefer Haggerty but there are many good ones. The
better ones advertise in Hemmings.

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:33:30 -0500
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

Tell them to refer to the NADA values which are regularly updated:
http://tinyurl.com/8wtpy (not that they will necessarily listen to you),

Michael

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:47:06 -0000
From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: June Jaunt-Pheasant Run

Greetings,
     Every year the Arizona DeLorean Club holds an annual "June Jaunt"
thought up by our cruise director, Ben Ferguson.  In the odd years it
is designed to get to group together in the hot summer, get the cars
out, drive a bit and stop at a fun place, then drive a bit more and
stop for a good meal and a refreshing beverage, then finally trek back
home during a spirited run.  It actually has become a most favored
event in the AZ-D.
     However, in the even years, our June Jaunt consists of the cruise
from AZ to Ken Koncelik's DCS.  This year we've been planning the
route and adventures from the Phoenix area to Pheasant Run in St.
Charles, IL. Yesterday marked a milestone as we plotted the route,
overnight stops, and began to plan the drive adventures.
     Our plans are to caravan from Phoenix to Amarillo on Monday,
6/12.  on Tuesday, 6/13 well head to Oklahoma City and stay overnight.
 Then Wednesday, 6/14 we will make for St. Louis before putting in for
the night.  I'm hoping to get a "Gullwings at the Arch" picture while
we are there.  From St. Louis we should only be about 300 miles from
St. Charles.  1850 miles give or take a few depending on our starting
point in AZ.  Our hopes were to go 500 miles a day for the first three
days, but Amarillo falls a bit short of that and there isn't much east
or west of Amarillo to count on.
     We're all taking FRS or CB radios to communicate.  One couple
will be towing their DeLorean on a full trailer (and we are hoping to
be able to put our luggage in the bed of their truck....:) )  The rest
of us appear to be hard core road warriors.  Ok, Ok, not as hard core
as the DTS, but we all still have full-time jobs....:)
     Anyway, we're sharing our plans in hopes that owners and
enthusiasts will join us either from the beginning of the journey or
pick us up somewhere along the way.  I know at least two of our
members are riding solo and might enjoy company along the way so if
you're up for making the drive in a DeLorean we might be able to
accomodate you.  We have tentative hotels planned and reserved and our
group discount can only go lower if we add rooms.  Please feel free to
contact me if you'd like more information.
     We will post more on the topic as it arises.  The AZ-D is really
looking forward to meeting everyone at Ken's DCS-PR.  We've had some
really great visitors over the past few years and we definitely want
to get together with all of you on Friday night, 6/16.

See you in Pheasant Run!

Matt Olans
VIN 16816
www.az-d.org  The Arizona DeLorean Club

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:55:00 -0500
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Raffle Car UPDATE

I drove this car for about 2 weeks this past summer, and despite the
fact the steering column bushing was gone at the time and the A/C
wasn't charged yet, it was a blast to drive.  It completely changed
my view on Automatic DeLoreans.  I'll be buying a few raffle tickets
myself, I'd like to have this one parked in the garage next to 1880.

Whoever wins this DeLorean is getting one hell of a car.
-Patrick C.
Vin 1880  "Miss June"

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:00:42 +0000
From: Darren Cunningham <darren.cunningham_at_dml_runbox.com>
Subject: Re: overseas shipping

I've used Horizon Auto Services ( http://www.horizonautoservices.com )
based in Texas to ship 4 cars from the US to England for me and they've
been very good. Shipping costs varied from $2000 - $2500 but that's
transatlantic...

Darren
vin12180

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:14:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

My seats are fine.  I had those recovered a few years ago and are great.  My question was mainly for the other interior trim.  Doors and center console items.

  Erik

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:56:26 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: Lower amp radiator cooling fans

Paul - I have our own fan set on my car "Winged1", and I am very happy
with the results.  The fan set that we offer has an open architecture
that allows for better flow-through at speed, and the installation is
very simple.  The hardest part is actually getting the old fans out.
The stock shrouds hit the frame extension, so you have to loosen the
radiator mountings and move the radiator forward just a bit to get the
fans out.  However, once out, our fans fit in with plenty of room to
spare.  They are also whisper-quiet because of the "S" blade
configuration, and move 3300 CFM of air.  I just wanted to alert you to
other choices to consider, at a lower cost.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:57:23 -0000