From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:53 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3130

From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: "Bill Koenig" <dmc06976_at_dml_mail.com>

From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

From: "Robert" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>

From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

9. Re: Aw Crud!
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Fuel issues
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

11. Re: Windshield
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

12. Re: Tune Up Questions
From: "Bill Koenig" <dmc06976_at_dml_mail.com>

13. Re: NOT DCS RELATED (now DCS Related)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

14. Re: DCS2006 Hotel Update
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

15. Re: Re: End of the GTO again
From: JVDMC12_at_dml_aol.com

16. Re: End of the GTO again
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com>

17. Re: Re: End of the GTO again
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

18. Re: End of the GTO again
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. New injectors, new problem :(
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Tune Up Questions
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

21. RE: Re: DCS2006 Hotel Update (Rich W.)
From: "timnagin" <timnagin_at_dml_mindspring.com>

22. Re: Re: NOT DCS RELATED (now DCS Related)
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

23. RE: New injectors, new problem :(
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

24. 250 cars at Chicago
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

25. Re: New injectors, new problem :(
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:13:15 -0500
From: "Dan RC30" <danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 2006 Spring Social is coming!!!

Hello fellow DML-ers, Evil Dan here sending you all some info on the upcoming Spring Social. As always, this is gonna be a kick-arse event and is only open to DMA members. The location is second to none, and will be sooooo easy to find. It's right on 202 north in Flemington, NJ. The place is called "Car Tek Automotive" and the address is 464 Route 202 north. Not a DMA member? No problem! Just got to HYPERLINK "http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/"www.DeLoreanMidAtlantic.com and sign up!

Here are some of the details so far:
The date is April 28th, 29th, and possibly the 30th for all that want to go to Englishtown for the car show. The 28th is a Friday and we'll be meeting for a nice dinner. For those interested in staying over, a hotel will be available (details soon to follow). We'll meet at the hotel so people can unpack, and then we'll caravan to dinner. Then on Saturday morning we'll head up to Car Tek where DMA members can have their torsion bars adjusted by Dave T., and have their cars inspected by Rob Grady of PJ Grady. A lift will be available if necessary. Members, please keep in mind that Rob WILL NOT be repairing cars that day. Do not bring your DeLorean if it is unsafe to drive or if it is in need of serious repairs. Rob will be "inspecting" cars, not repairing them. There will be food, music, raffles, and all of the other fun stuff that goes on at the Spring Social. Local attractions are Flemington's famous outlet shopping, a Fudge Factory right across the street where they make homemade candies and chocolates, and the worlds largest indoor train collection; Northlandz. So, there's plenty to do if you want to get away from the event for a bit.

Once the techy-stuff concludes, we'll all meet up for a nice dinner (location to come soon) where we will chill out and recap on the events of the day.

From there it's up to you. You can end it there or you can go to Raceway Park on Sunday and show off your D in the car show.

If you have any questions or comments, please ask me privately.
Events(at)DeLoreanmidatlantic.com

Thanks,
---Evil Dan
DMA Activities Director

---Dan

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:36:00 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Obscure part needed

Matt, What part numbers.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:06:56 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Aw Crud!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Soma576_at_dml_... wrote:

> I wasn't really talking about sitting in a lazy boy while you drive
luxury,
> maybe what I should have said was having an exclusive car that costs
more than
>  most other US cars - something that most people would consider luxury

Never thought of it quite like that. Yea, I get it. Owning a car like
this is very much a luxury. I'll totally give you that. In that sense
I will totally agree that it's a "luxury car".

Dan W
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:45:17 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: NOT DCS RELATED

I just finished another major job on a car with 286,000 miles.
With some welding help I cut off the front end and the support frame  between
the shock towers.  The inside had rusted out so bad I had to  rebuild the two
verticle walls and the two cross walls inside.

This was done with stainless 12 gauge on the verticles and 10 gauge for the
cross support (which I now make as a part)

The old part was air chiseled off ground down and reformed.  Also once
welded and cleaned it was por 15 coated.  Besides that the air conditioning  was
redone and the entire front was redone. Fans, evaporator, hoses, and  radiator.

Wheels repowdercoated and the trunk area cleaned up with new nutserts and
the 286,000 mile car is ready for the road again,

This car when I got it had the passenger side crumple tube completely  broken
off and the bottom support between the shock towers completely rusted out  so
that the entire frame flexed if you lifted it.

No matter how bad these car just keep on motoring.

Thanks John for a great car

Ken
DeLorean Car Show Inc
deloreancarshowmagazine
_www.deloreancarshow.com_ (http://www.deloreancarshow.com)

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:58:46 -0000
From: "Bill Koenig" <dmc06976_at_dml_mail.com>
Subject: Tune Up Questions

Hey everyone.  I just got into my valley and have two questions so far:

1.) How do I know if my fuel injectors should be cleaned/replaced?  If
they are dirty on the outside cylinder (but not on the tips) does that
warrant sending them away to get cleaned and/or replaced?  My car was
running okay before so I don't know how necessary it is.  What kind of
symptoms would I have with really dirty injectors?

2.) How can I test my idle speed motor to see if its working properly?
 When I pulled it off, its partially open, and if I'm not mistaken the
last time I ran my car, I really ran it and the engine should have
been completely warmed up, so it should have been closed, right?

Thanks.

Bill

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 04:05:07 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: End of the GTO again

Re: End of the GTO again

Like the Delorean,the GTO will now begin *its* Journey as a orphan
car/collector car,cult car,in the same fashion,as the Delorean has
done,twenty two years from now,when the GTO reaches it's 25th year,I
wonder if even 50% of these  GTO's will still be around.Only Time
will tell.The generation that was not around when the Delorean begain
its journey,can now claim a car of their own. For them *this* time
era will be the year 2029.

CBL

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, dmc82_at_dml_... wrote:

> Thought the group might find this interesting since John was the
original father of the car line and his true success story as the
start of the muscle car. Looks like the second release of the car was
not as near as succesful.

> Pontiac will drop the GTO this year
>
> Jamie LaReau
> Automotive News / February 21, 2006 - 10:08 am

> DETROIT -- General Motors has told Pontiac dealers that it will
discontinue the GTO coupe at the end of this model year. GM will make
the last deliveries of the vehicle to dealers by the end of
September, sources close to Pontiac say.

> GM will produce 10,000 to 12,000 more GTOs before dropping the
nameplate, one source close to the situation says. Last year, Pontiac
sold 11,590 GTOs compared to 2004 when it sold 13,569. That's a 14.6
percent drop.

> When Pontiac launched the GTO in 2003, it projected 18,000 annual
sales. The vehicle was criticized for bland styling, and some fans of
the original GTO complained that it lacked nostalgic styling cues.

> A Pontiac spokesman confirms the GTO will be discontinued after the
2006 model year.

> "There are some changes in the federal regulatory standards. One is
an airbag deployment standard that would require some very expensive
re-engineering of the car," says Jim Hopson, Pontiac
spokesman. "Since the architecture of this car is being phased out
around the world it's not economically feasible to continue this car."

> Pontiac will continue to build the GTO through the end of May,
Hopson says. The last "boatload will hit the ground in June", he adds.

> The GTO first came to dealerships in December 2003 as a 2004 model,
Hopson says.

> The GTO is built on a rear-wheel drive architecture from GM's
Holden division in Australia. The present model is going out of
production as GM constructs the new Zeta RWD architecture, says the
source.

> There is no replacement coupe planned at this time and because of
the strong Australian and weak U.S. dollar, the GTO had to be priced
thousands over where GM originally wanted it -- in the mid-twenties,
the source says. "It never did as much volume as we had hoped," the
source says.

> Pontiac is considering a replacement in the lineup for a RWD
performance vehicle, but does not have anything to announce yet,
Hopson says.

> The GTO suggested retail price starts at $31,990, including
shipping. One GM source says, "the 2005 and 2006 were pretty well
sold out, and sales were especially strong in areas of GM weakness,
like Southern California. It's a shame it has to go -- for now."

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:30:22 -0600
From: "Robert" <rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel issues

I notice knocking and pinging at lower RPMs in both my '81BMW and DMC with
lower octane.  I user higher octane and the pinging stops...

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:41:03 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Tune Up Questions

If you are unsure of the condition of the injectors the "best" advice
is to just send them out and have them cleaned and tested. It is not
expensive unless some (or all) of them have to be replaced. You cannot
determine the condition of an injector from examining the outside.
Dirty/clogged injectors can cause:
bad mileage
rough running
surging
poor idle
hard starting
lack of power
Unfortunatly many other things can also cause these symptoms. Since
you are doing what is a "big" job to do it right you should do a
full-blown tune-up and have the injectors tested. Done right you
shouldn't have to touch the motor again for years.
As for the idle motor, it is best tested on a running motor. If it can
hold the idle steady at 775 then it is working. If the car idled well
before you took it apart then it should be alright. By handling the
idle motor you can make it move inside so that is no test. In fact if
you CANNOT get the idle motor to move by handling it that can indicate
that it is stuck inside. If you are careful and poke inside you should
be able to move the vane to verify that it is not stuck. They can be
cleaned with carb cleaner.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:09:27 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

That's the problem with trying to classify cars, don't you think?
Yesterday's classifications no longer fit today's cars and what we would  consider
sporty, luxury, etc today may not fit what it was like in the  past.  All depends
on the perspective, I think!

When we say the DeLorean is not high performance, we also need to step back
and take a look at what other cars WERE back then - and most of them today
would  be considered slow.  Most of the reviews of the DeLorean I have read have
said that while the car wasn't particularly quick compared to similar cars,
it  DID hold its own and was at least FUN TO DRIVE!  If the DeLorean didn't
handle as well as it does, I am sure the magazines would have been less  kind.
You gotta remember that back then most cars took 10 seconds or more  to get to
60 mph. Most cars today can do that in less, so the idea of  performance has
shifted and the qualifications much more lofty.

Andy

In a message dated 2/22/2006 7:52:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Never  thought of it quite like that. Yea, I get it. Owning a car like
this is  very much a luxury. I'll totally give you that. In that sense
I will  totally agree that it's a "luxury car".

Dan W
VIN  16192
AZ-D

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:11:57 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

If you are getting knocking and you are using the octane required by
the car either there is something wrong with your car or the gas does
not have enough octane. On the motor you could have the wrong spark
plugs, the timing can be off, the advance may not be working, the
motor might be running too hot, or your combustion chambers are full
of carbon. On the fuel side maybe the pump says 87 but the station is
"watering" it down. Try another gas station and check your motor.
Another possability is the station has a leaking tank and you are
getting excess moisture. Again, trying another gas station may solve
the knocking.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:34:10 EST
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Windshield

In a message dated 2/20/2006 7:53:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Message: 18
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:29:50 -0500
From: "Mike Walsh" <mike_at_dml_mikewalsh.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Windshield replacement?

I ordered mine from PJ Grady in Long Island. I know DMCH  has them
(www.delorean.com) , have you tried DMCF?  (www.dmcflorida.com)

I can say for sure that DMC Florida has a nearly full crate of windshields
on hand, saw them there yesterday.  I had mine replaced there recently and  any
flaws are minor and barely noticable.  I seem to recall that the  original
poster was located in Florida, so this would seem to be the obvious  choice,
either for bringing the car in, or for shipping the part to him.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan  Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read  about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Purr-use  The Cat House at: _http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_
(http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage)

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:08:04 -0000
From: "Bill Koenig" <dmc06976_at_dml_mail.com>

David,

Great advice, thank you.  I guess I should have prefaced the question
about the idle speed motor with some background info.  My car idles
very well IMO (approx 800RPM) when it first starts up and the engine
is cold.  After I have been running it for awhile, it idles VERY high
- between 1250 and 1500RPM.  I know this could be so many things,
thermistor, vaccuum leak, etc... thats why I'm wondering about my idle
speed motor.  Is there anyway I could just jumper it to see if it works?

Also, my idle speed screws are NOT tightened down at all, and my
engine runs sort of rich.  I am concerned what effect this will have
on my engine when I put it all back together and tighten them up the
way they are supposed to be.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:18:59 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: NOT DCS RELATED (now DCS Related)

Hey Ken,

Now that the car is fixed, you failed to mention if this car
will be driven to and attending the DCS 2006 event.  I think
it would be great to have a few DeLoreans in attendance with
over 250,000 miles to help celebrate the 25th Anniversary.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:40:33 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: DCS2006 Hotel Update

I think what Patrick meant to say is that there will be much
less of a chance that Ken will be able to find another hotel
or motel with a block of 50 rooms as close as this hotel.
Ken found plenty of groups of 3 to 5 room blocks (now).

I do need to stress the word NOW, since even Ken was surprized
how far in advance ALL the rooms were booked for this event.
Keep in mind that many from the Corvette group have yet to book
their rooms in the area and the close by pickings will get slim
within the next month or so and it will only get more difficult
as we get closer to the week of DeLorean and Corvette events.

In my continuing effort to encourage (bribe) as many of you to
drive or transport your DeLoreans to the event, I have been
putting together extra "bonus" goody bags for both the DeLorean
owners who bring their DeLoreans to the event (Bonus Bag 1) and
for those who drive in the 25th Anniversary Lake Shore Drive
Cruise through Chicago on Sunday morning, June 18th after DCS,
ending at the Volo Auto Museum (where you get Bonus Bag 2).
No cost for the cruise, but you have to wake up a little early.

There will be sponsors donating many items including car care
products, and, if I can swing it, at least one $25 free gas card
per DeLorean, to help offset driving costs.  These are only a
few things out of many that will be in the bonus goody bags.
Those who transport their DeLorean to Chicago and drive it on
the cruise can ask me for an extra free gas card or two, since
I know first hand what it takes to transport vehicles across
country for these type of special DeLorean events.

I hope to see you all in June and bring your DeLorean if you can.
If we get 250 DeLoreans, I'll make sure everyone gets free gas.

[Moderator Note: Don't bother to submit jokes about that last line, I will reject them.   - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_...> wrote:

> And I suggest making reservations quickly.  When these rooms are
> gone, I doubt Ken will be able to find another hotel.
>
> -Patrick C.
> 1880
>
> snip <
>
> > Hi
> >
> > We have chosen the Hampton Inn in Elgin IL to be the alternate
site.
> > It is located at the intersection of I 90 and 31 north of
Pheasant

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:09:20 -0500
From: JVDMC12_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: End of the GTO again

Interesting to see they re-released a story thats been public for over
a year. GM announced last year thru motor trend that due to the zeta
platform changing the GTO would be a no-show on showrooms for 2007. It
insisted there would be a remodeled version coming out for 2008. They
even had a concept picture of a car. Many argued that GM was going to
try and make it a 4 door sedan much like the charger. Rumors as they
all may be, the fact was the new GTO was just a lame attempt by Pontiac
to try and steal sales by pulling a name John DeLorean made famous and
slapping it onto a pre-exhuasted car from Australia and it didn't work.
GM even stated in 2003 when asked how long the goat would stay, that it
was currently slated for a few years of a production run and depending
on sales would determine its fate as a full production line. Due to
most dealers being selfish and raising the prices even higher then GM's
price severly cut down on 2004 sales hurting the image of the car. The
fact customers had to wait so long for the car they ordered to be
delivered, combined with such a small list of options customers could
chose from to customize their vehicle. With Chevy showing up at the
latest Detroit show with a concept Camaro harboring the same LS2
powerplant the GTO has, dont be surprised to see 2008 or 2009 roll
around and see the return of the Camaro and Firebird as Dodge has the
Challenger slated to return to showrooms in 2009. Its truely a shame
there are no great minds left in GM like JZD to give us what we want.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:14:33 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com>

Meh, well see.

Lots of the cars sold out when they hit the dealerships, but I don't
think that has so much to do with popularity, rather a wave of psuedo
collectors investing in them. From what I've seen on Autotrader, long
before the annoucement was made, slightly used GTOs with 20K-30K miles
were already taking $10K-$15K hits on depreciation in their first year
or so.

I wouldn't expect these to suddenly hit high on value, if ever. The
only customization options I've seen are the tail-pipes, and the hood
intakes. That alone isn't going to be enough for anyone to have a
really unique car to stand out when they sell it, save for some
unpopular colors.

For the new GTO to survive in strong numbers, and to have a decent
future value, it's gonna need a stronger "cult" following than the
DMC-12 does. Otherwise, it's just gonna be another car that disappears
into obscurity. It doesn't even have the ability to claim that it's
some sort of a special edition of a popular car, like the Firehawk.
It's a great car. But it shouldn't have had the GTO badge. That set
the bar far too high, and unfairly pitted it against a car that wasn't
even it's predacessor. Performance, stylnig cues, price, and worst of
all: Nostalgia. Nostalgia is the key thing. The original GTO has lots
of nostalgia tied in with youths of the day who bought, and pined over
the cars. Somewhat simular in fashion to the popularity of Hondas
today. This isn't going to be anyone's car, since there is no one
who's gonna have any connection to it. You'd need something bigger
than BTTF to inspire a new generation. The DMC-12 has the backing of a
not only a favorite Sci-Fi film, but much political motivation behind
it as well, because of the story of it's creation. The new GTO has
none of that.

And this is my opinion, coming from someone who got to test drive the
GTO, and fell in love with it.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:36:22 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

Uh - the GTO is not an orphan car even if it is discontinued.  At least not until GM
ceases to exist.

-------------- Original message from "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>: --------------

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:14:13 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

All hail the firebird!!! you know its coming now

[Moderator Note: While the GTO name has unquestionable relevance to the DML, posts about most other cars, no matter how pithy, are not appropriate.  Posts arguing that all messages about cars should be accepted on the DML will be rejected without further explanation.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:20:49 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: New injectors, new problem :(

Ok, i discovered that my injectors are bad. Replaced them. Started the
car and it sounded like a lawnmower! I started pulling off spark plug
wires and found that it had no effect on the engine (cylinders not
firing) removed an injector, jumped the fuel pump and surprise
surprise no spray. I re installed one of my old injectors and it was
able to spray. So my primary pressure is way low, and now the new
injectors will not open. I checked the fuel pump, pump lines; filter
etc for leaks/kinks none to be found. Fuel pump sprays a lot of volume
when on (removed main line from filter-distributor and put it in a gas
can) so I think the fuel pump is OK. That leaves me with the primary
pressure regulator. Does it need adjustment? I have heard that is rare
but can not think of anything else.

Nathan

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:42:21 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

It sounds like your idle system is not set up and working correctly.
Before condemming the idle motor there are a lot of things to check.
Does the throttle linkage go all the way back to the stop and does the
idle switch actually engage? Are there vacuum leaks? is there a lot of
looseness (play) in the joints on the quadrant link? (That's the link
between the throttle spool and the throttle arm). Does the throttle
cable or throttle spool bind? Are the other systems that operate at
idle working correctly? You could have a bad idle ECU. There could be
a bad connection between the ECU and the sensors. Your CPR may not be
functioning correctly. You really have to go over ALL the engine
systens especially since you have the intake manifold removed. You
want to make sure everything is "just right" in there BEFORE you go
closing it all up. Replace the vacuum hoses and test the sensors.
Pressure test the cooling system BEFORE you reinstall the intake
manifold. Make sure the mechanical AND the vacuum advance work
properly. Of course the 3 brass screws should be closed so the idle
motor system can control the idle. When cold the motor should idle
higher than 800. The "best" way to test the idle speed motor and the
ECU is to try with a known, good one and see if that fixes the
problem. If any local owners can help you out just swap them for testing.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:06:31 -0500
From: "timnagin" <timnagin_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Re: DCS2006 Hotel Update (Rich W.)

Rich,

This is just to clarify your statement below.

>If we get 250 DeLoreans, I'll make sure everyone gets free gas.

When you state "everyone" I am assuming your gas offer is only for those who
have their De Lorean there, right?  Butt if you would like to supply gas to
support vehicles it would be appreciated. :)

Greg

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:43:46 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: NOT DCS RELATED (now DCS Related)

That is why I fixed it.
It will be there.

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:45:34 -0600
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: New injectors, new problem :(

Nathan, you may already know this, but just in case...

Your injectors should NOT spray with the fuel pump jumpered UNLESS you press
down lightly on the air sensor vane. The cracking pressure of a good
injector is higher than the pressure supplied to them unless you press down
on the vane - then the pressure rises above the cracking pressure of the
injectors and they begin to spray. If your old injector sprayed with the
sensor vane at rest, that was actually correct operation.

Try depressing the sensor vane very slightly and you should then see all the
injectors begin to spray at almost exactly the same time and they should all
shut off as soon as you release the vane.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:53:07 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: 250 cars at Chicago

If we get 250 cars at the show (that would be about 1000 people)
I will work on getting you all free breakfast.

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 01:48:24 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Sorry, I was not clear. They will not spray even if the AFM is
depressed. If I put one of my old injectors in that one only will
spray when the meter is pressed.

Nathan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_...>