From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 6:31 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3140

1. Where are they now?? Ed Bernstein......
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

2. Re: Scam auctions
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>

3. Re: Where are they now?? Ed Bernstein......
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: Where are they now?? Ed Bernstein......
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Delorean Wing Like the one on the Yellow D
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. Fun Facts DCS
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

7. RE: Re: Binnicle and dash
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

8. Re: Where are they now?? Ed Bernstein......
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

9. My Official Resignation as DMA Officer
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

10. 2006 Cincinnati St. Patrick's Day...
From: "Josh Haldeman" <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

11. Upon closer inspection I found...
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Ball joints
From: Ed Kane <wingnut702001_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:40:46 -0000
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: Where are they now?? Ed Bernstein......

Hi everyone

I was reading the DW magazines that I got with the DOA membership deal last year and noticed that Ed Bernstein who seemed to be in every issue of the magazine right up until the year 2000 has been very very quite in the last couple of years.

What the hell has happened to him???  Does he still own a Delorean???

Any help would be great as he seemed to be a nice guy from all the articles in the magazines.

Alistair McCann
VIN:- PILOT 35
Belfast.

Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:53:33 -0500
From: Michael Babb <mcbabb_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Scam auctions

twice for me - that I am aware of.  Both times the pictures were pulled right off of my website.

Michael Babb
VIN 3472

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:53:05 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Where are they now?? Ed Bernstein......

In a message dated 3/2/2006 8:21:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk writes:

noticed  that Ed Bernstein who seemed to be in every issue of the magazine right up  until the year 2000 has been very very quite in the last couple of  years.

What the hell has happened to him???  Does he still own a  Delorean???>> I'm no longer a DOA member since the magazine changed, not to my liking, a few years ago, so I'm not sure. But Ed has taken a low profile in recent years.
 Maybe he's just sticking to his day job.  He owns DeLorean One, one of two major DeLorean vendors in the L.A. area. He's also a lurker on the DML, so maybe  he'll speak for himself. But I doubt it.
Wayne

Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:25:04 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Delorean Wing Like the one on the Yellow D

List,

Ron Wester is so anxious to move on to his next project that he
failed to mention his previous project, which most have not seen.
If you were not at the Evansville show the last two years or at
the DMCH Open House last summer, you may have only seen photos.

Hey Ron,

Don't forget to remind everyone about the Lil' Yellow D Trailer
being at Pheasant Run as well.  Although it's not the debut of
the world's only painted DeLorean trailer, it will be the first
appearance at a DCS event.  Never mind, I just reminded them.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "gullwingmag" <gullwing-

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:22:01 EST
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Fun Facts DCS

Well now that the rooms at Pheasant Run are gone I took time to go over the
list again and see who is new and who is returning from previous shows. (Thank
 God for Sort menus)

Anyway this show has not followed the numbers very well in relation to  other
shows although not that far off it is a bit different possibly because we
started early registration in November.

To get to the point

59% of you are returning
41% of you are new (welcome)

We sold the 200 rooms at Pigeon Forge last year and had 523 total people at
the show including my family and guest speakers.

This year we have to date 256 rooms taken.
Projecting this out it will give us a total of 669 people (WOW)
Now the other kicker
Since this is in Chicago and as you may guess most of the people in Chicago
do not need rooms.  They accounted for 40 rooms at PF so that is why we did
not get more rooms this year than last figuring that the 40 or 25% would be
enough rooms based on past increases.

So this mix is not reflected in the numbers

At this point I think that 600-700 people is a reasonable guess.

This more than doubles The Cleveland Show and we could be 30% larger than  PF
for the largest gain in percentage of a show other than the Cleveland VS
Cincinnati show.

Number of States remained the same we had no new States register.
Califonia however is one of the top States so far with IL and Ohio tie  for
second.

The East Coast usually a high attendance group is a distant 4th (come on
guys)

Surprising the South east (normally low in attendance) is ahead of PF
registrations and is close to the Mid Atlantic group in attendance.

Raffle car

The Raffle car sales are above last years again part due to early ticket
sales.
We expect about 500 tickets to be sold and it will be listed in  Hemmings.

We sold 411 last time.  The car will make its Debut this year in the  St.
Patricks Day Parade in Cincinnati and we hope to get it to Chicago, and New  York
before the show.  This is a really good driving car and I have no  problem
driving it to both locations.

Weird Stats

72% of people that have event Registered STILL do not have Hotel
reservations.

However the Hotel Registered guest are a bit better on Event Registration  as
58%of them still have not event registered.

We are looking pretty good at this point.

It looks like this year since it is the 25th Anniversary we are going to
give out trophies at the show vs Plaques.  This is not definate but I am  working
on pricing.

We are looking at new Pins for the show along with a special 25th
anniversary Pin that will be for sale at the show.  We are going to make  200 so first
come first serve.

Lots of new stuff to come

Thanks

You are making this the biggest and best show ever

Remember this is your show

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:22:06 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: Re: Binnicle and dash

If anyone needs any help, I live about 3 miles from Mesquite.

Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:45:55 -0000
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

I know this is a reply to my own post but incase anyone says anything, I know that Ed owns
Deloreanone but the website has not been updated since 1997...  does anyone still use them
on a regular basis???

I just want to know why a guy who seemed to be at every event in the 80's and 90's has
seemd to have vanished into thin air.

Alistair.

Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:16:21 -0500
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: My Official Resignation as DMA Officer

To whom it may concern:

It greatly upsets me to have to make this announcement, but effective
immediately I will be stepping down in my roles and obligations to the DMA
as an officer and technical lead (website).  If you have any interest in
contacting the club, I will no longer be serving the DMA in any capacity due
to differences in opinion with fellow officers.

I will continue to be a member of the club, and participant at events, and
be on the DML and DMC Forum.

Thank you.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:41:11 -0500
From: "Josh Haldeman" <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: 2006 Cincinnati St. Patrick's Day...

Hey Gang,

If you missed Patrick's post on this subject...Once again we are organizing what's become an annual "pulling-ye-olde-car-out-of-storage-for-the-spring" event.  The Cincinnati St. Patricks Day Parade is coming up next weekend, March 12th!  All are welcome!  Last year we had 6 cars, and people came in from as far away as New Jersey to participate!

We are going to start the day Sunday at my house around 10:30, and then head downtown from there.  We have Irish themed decorations for the cars that participate and there is a planned wrap party after we get done with that "brutal" parade showing off thing.

Additionally, the adjoining annual tradition of the Saturday tech session will take place on March 11th at Ken Koncelik's warehouse.  He has a fanastic indoor heated facility and all kinds of tools, if your car needs help prior to parade time.  We will also be working on cleaning and "tweaking" the DCS Raffle Car if there aren't enough other projects!

Visit www.ohiodeloreans.com for more information on this and future events, or contact me offlist if you want to be included. (jhaldeman(AT)fuse.net)

Thanks,
Josh

PS - If the weather is nice, Cliff has promised to bring Johnny Carson's DeLorean to the parade!  If the weather sucks on Sunday, we'll head back to Ken's for another tech day...but we'll have things going on regardless.  Hope you can make it!

Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:03:09 -0000
From: "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Upon closer inspection I found...

....that my frame, while in very good overall shape, has some minor
rust issues. All of them center around the engine mount box. I had
discovered some superficial rust in this area earlier and made a
mental note to check it out, now I found that some of the epoxy
chips off. The metal underneath is brown but not totally rusted
through; I would say it is surface rust. Now here is where it gets
interesting; the effected section extends inside of the frame box!
None of the metal I can see inside the frame is severely corroded. I
can not punch a screwdriver through metal anywhere on my car however
I do know that if I left these areas totally unattended for there
would be some serious hell to pay in the future.

I plan to order some POR 15 to cover up all that I can. What do you
wise people suggest I do for the inside portion? I suppose I can
chip away as much as possible by sticking a knife in through the
small access holes, then spray with rustoleum? I believe that my
leaky otterstat caused this rust over the years as the car spent
most of its 25 years in Arizona. Cutting holes in my frame for
access is NOT an option for me at this point financially. I do not
plan on driving in the rain. Any suggestions?

Nathan

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:22:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Kane <wingnut702001_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Ball joints

Hello,  Ive heard different stories about the front ball joints giving out on some deloreans.  Thats all i pretty much heard.  Is that a notorious problem from factory ball joints.  Ive owned my car for 7 months and when i first got it i noticed that one ball joint  on the left had a grease fitting and the one on the right did not.  Is this something that should be replaced like the tab bolts?  Like i said, ive heard different stories about ball joints breaking but i havent heard or read as much about them as i have about the tab bolts. Thank you,
                                                                         Ed