From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:40 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3147

1. Re: Ball joints
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

2. Re: Refurbished Prices
From: "Scott" <bk2d80s_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Owners manual
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: AC High Pressure Hose Leaking Badly, replacement advice??
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>

5. Re: Frame Flex? (weight of galvanising)
From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 03:20:04 -0000
From: "cbl1739" <cbl302_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Ball joints

See posting/Message# 2261 to read about WHAT the worse case failure of a ball joint like what is described below could mean/happen.By all means DO NOT skimp out and try to cross reference on such a important part(s),buy this item from a Delorean vendor only.

cbl

   --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_...>

Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 02:50:54 -0000
From: "Scott" <bk2d80s_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Refurbished Prices

I disagree with you on this one. I have heard of more than just bad business practices and high prices coming out of DeLorean One. In fact, it seems to me that I have heard more than one person complain about the work quality.Although,  I have never been myself and would NEVER go there either. .
-Scott

 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> While some have questioned his business practices, of the people I
have
> talked to, no one has ever questioned his quality of work. Not
saying it's
> any better than anyone else's as they all do very good work, Ed
just seems
> to charge more.
>
> Darkstar
Behalf

Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:20:25 -0000
From: "Dan" <djdanwilson_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Owners manual

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_...> wrote:

> One more thing, as far as content is concerned for 81 VS 82 & 83
> manuals how are they different?  the only thing that I can think of
is > that the 81 manuals have a section on the center console clock while
> the 82 and 83 manuals do not (from what I've been told anyway)

In my 1983 Owner's Handbook under "Controls and Operating" where it covers the operation of the manual transmission, specifically about placing it in reverse, my handbook has a warning instructing the operator to engage the clutch, shift the car first into 1st gear, then down into 2nd gear, and back to the center BEFORE lifting up on the gear lever knob and placing the car in reverse, otherwise it warns potential transmission damager could occur if you do not follow that procedure (from grinding I assume). I'm sure there are some other differences between my '83 Owner's Handbook and the other two years, but I'm too lazy to go get my handbook out of the car and compare it to the '82 Owner's Handbook .pdf file available off of DMC News.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "seanhagan" <seanhagan_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Radio information could be different as well.

Sean - Both the '82 & '83 manuals contain no specific radio operation information. The only radio reference is on page 4 in figure 1 where it's pointed to as item 7, then on page 5 under "Key to Car Controls"
where item 7 is described as "Stereo Radio/Cassette". Beyond that neiter the operation of the Craig nor the ASI are mentioned anywhere.
I don't know what's in the '81 manual.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 01:58:08 -0500
From: "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: AC High Pressure Hose Leaking Badly, replacement advice??

Joe,
Having installed the Special T Auto hoses along with Dave Sontos last summer I can say that I highly recommend them.  It took a little twisting and pulling to get them in there but at least we didn't have to separate the body from the frame.  On a side note, I registered my car as an antique vehicle yesterday with the Virginia DMV and really like the way the new plates look. It's a bit like a badge of honor that your vehicle is 25 years old and never has to have the registration renewed again!

Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:43:48 -0000
From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Frame Flex? (weight of galvanising)

Hi Dan,

Yes, Aaron still has the dies, I'll be getting him to make me the same panel too as I've also removed mine.

Yes, it really did add 40 kg's of weight to the frame, and you'd really notice it when you try to lift it/move it.

40 kgs sounds like a lot I guess, but 40 kgs of extra weight on top of a car which already weighs 1232.73kg is only an increase of 3%, and if you ask me, a small price to pay for the results achieved. I don't think the weight would make the car noticeably slower...

This does not take into account any weight saving by removing the old epoxy - the weight difference was measured from just before galvanising onto a completely stripped chassis, to just after, with the zinc coating applied. Anyone know how much weight of epoxy a typical DeLorean frame is carrying?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Daniel Shane <daniel.shane_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I'm very impressed with the Chassis.  Did Aaron keep the dies he
made for
> stamping the panels ?
>
> Also did it really add 40 Kgs to the weight of the chassis ?
That's a lot
> of weight to add
>
> Dan
>
> DMC Ltd.
>

> On 8/3/06 09:02, "John Dore" <dmcjohn_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> > Hi S & others,
> >
> > I put some pics of Aaron's galvanised frame on the Irish DeLorean
> > Owners website. I think you'll agree after seeing the pics that
Aaron
> > has done a really good job so far. Some of the work shown includes
> > how he replaced 50% of the metal in the front frame extension, and
> > fabricated a new plate to go under the engine cradle.
> >
> > goto the website:
> >
> > http://www.delorean.ie
> >
> > and click on technical section, restoration logs, and choose
Aarons