From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:43 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3155

1. Re: DCS2006 - New England area attendees..
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

2. Re: Sleeping beauty
From: andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Re: Want to Upgraded Suspension - coil springs and shocks
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Sleeping beauty
From: pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk

5. RE: Manual Gearbox Fluid Change
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: DCS2006 - New England area attendees..
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

7. Re: Parade TV Coverage
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

8. Doors and idle speed
From: "Paul" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>

9. Re: Manual Gearbox Fluid Change
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:05:54 -0500
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: DCS2006 - New England area attendees..

I'll be going, but I'm driving my D. I'm coming from Boston.  It may be possible to put together a small convoy for us NE folks.

-Hank

On 3/7/06, Jeff Chabotte <jchabotte_at_dml_adelphia.net> wrote:
> Is anyone from the new england area (I'm from CT) going to chicago and
> possibly getitng a trailer to the show?  I need to get the BTTF BMW
> out there, and I can't do it alone.
>
> -Jeff Chabotte
> Norwich, CT
> www.bttfbmw.com

-Hank

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:53:13 EST
From: andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Sleeping beauty

I have a Delorean I let sit for 5 years, you will not believe the things  you have to do. Fuel system new from front to rear, brakes new everything, clutch new everything, most of the electric system, air conditioner, hoses, all fluids, tires, and the beat goes on. Time is required, skill is required, and yes money and lots of it. The plus side of all of this is when you are done you  will have a beautiful car that you will love.

Andy B 3513

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:22:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Want to Upgraded Suspension - coil springs and shocks

Paul,
  I've been driving on Mid State Delorean shocks for about 6 years now.  I think they are great!  Last summer I swapped out my front springs for some Grady lowered springs.  I haven't driven much on them since, but the little that I did was great as well.

  Erik

sweetp01569 <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com> wrote:
  Thanks Shannon,

Someone else also mentioned the Mid State Delorean club kit, which I am now leaning towards. Thanks again!

Paul

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:44:17 +0000 (GMT)
From: pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk

Hi mate

When I found my car it had not turned a key in 15 years.

I changed the tank, pump, filter and changed every relay and fuse before even putting the key in the ignition.

My brakes and clutch where fine the car even had the original tyres on it that my local garage said where as good as the day they went on the car - my saving grace was that my car had been kept inside for its slumber.

You would be best ordering a new tank and the fuel system update from specialtauto.  I had the car going and driving two days after buying it and I have not had many problems since.

You will spend alot on it - I have nearly spent over 3000 since buying her 3 years ago.

Alistair McCann
VIN:- Pilot 25
Belfast

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:46:59 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Manual Gearbox Fluid Change

  I recently had to replace my throw-out bearing, and did a clutch tune-up while disassembled. While the tranny was out, I drained the oil out of it & replaced it with Amsoil 75W-80. The Owner's Manual indicates this is
appropriate for the climate in Tulsa.  Probably yours, too.   I now have
Amsoil in the crank case, an Amsoil oil filter, as well as Amsoil in the
tranny. Next - Amsoil life-time air filter.      Drive Stainless  (&
slicker)   Robert   VIN 6924

From: "rickmichaels" <rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Manual Gearbox Fluid Change
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:28:36 -0000

I am planning on changing my Manual Gearbox fluid, just because I'm not sure about the last time it was done.  I picked up some Valvoline 75W-90 Gear Oil.  Would this be a safe weight and correct product for the gearbox?  Any other recommendations?  The warm weather is coming and  I can't wait to get her out of hibernation!

Rick
0802
Ferndale, MI

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:09:35 -0500
From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com>

I too plan on driving from Pearl River, NY.

regards,

Michael Paine
vin 6067

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:16:31 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Parade TV Coverage

Yeah, it would figure when we finally work our way back up near
the front of the parade this year, the network decided not to
air the parade via cable and satellite.  Damn, Damn Damn.  But
your concerns have already been echoed by many others.

The WGN Morning News had a whole segment with relocated Chicago
residents complaining about not being able to see the parade in
FL, AZ, CA and several other states.  I'm not sure if any of the
calls and emails will cause a late night replay; it's possible?

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:33:03 -0000
From: "Paul" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>
Subject: Doors and idle speed

Hi

Im having problems with the passenger side door in that the central locking
switch does not seem to unlatch the front catch so when I try to open the
door it only releases the rear.  I have tried adjusting the rods in the door
but to no avail.

The only way I can open the door now is to unlock the door and at the same
time pull back the lower rod (to the front lock) by gaining access through
the pull handle.  This allows the lock to be completely unlatched and then
open as normal while holding the door lock switch in the unlocked position
cos otherwise it moves as I pull the door handle.

This only started out of the blue the other day and I have tried adjusting
everything I can find to rectify it.

Any Ideas cos although it was funny watching my friend physically crawl
hands first out from the drivers side ;-) I its really stumped me.

Another problem Im having is the throttle is holding the engine at around
2ooorevs unless I jab the pedal in which case it returns to under 1000.  I
have managed to work out that the spring (under the air filter) that returns
the throttle to rest seems a bit weak but dont know how I can adjust it if
at all possible.

Thanks.

Belfast

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:11:31 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

Robert -

Which oil filter did you use to cross reference with?  Just in case  you
don't know, the Purflux filter is probably just as good as the Amsoil filter  (w/o
the synthetic media).  In fact in oil and lube circles, Purflux is  well
known as one of the best filters manufacturers out there.  Just  wondering which
filter you xref'd from.

In a message dated 3/14/2006 7:14:17 P.M. Central Standard Time,
roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

I  recently had to replace my throw-out bearing, and did a clutch tune-up
while disassembled. While the tranny was out, I drained the oil out of it  &
replaced it with Amsoil 75W-80. The Owner's Manual indicates this is
appropriate for the climate in Tulsa.  Probably yours,  too.   I now have
Amsoil in the crank case, an Amsoil oil  filter, as well as Amsoil in the
tranny. Next - Amsoil life-time air  filter.      Drive Stainless  (&
slicker)   Robert   VIN 6924

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596