From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:34 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3160

1. Re: Pearce Design Correction
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

2. Bump!!!
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:01:35 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Pearce Design Correction

The way it attaches to the frame is significantly and structurally different from the stock trailing arm, and it would attach in places that DMC never intended and did not reinforce.

At the risk of continuing one of those "what if" threads... but having seen/installed a Pearce frame, it occurs to me that installing the Pearce TA setup on a standard frame would require the body to be off the car, cutting out of the original mount, welding in reinforcement steel, re-coating the disturbed areas, etc. All of which would drastically reduce the potential market for the product and increase the cost of installing it to within range of swapping out the whole frame. Not to mention having to engineer it without knowing all design parameters of the original frame.

Dave S

Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:39:15 -0000
From: "drrrh_1" <rick.heile_at_dml_hp.com>
Subject: Bump!!!

I have a strange symptom. I just had my rack replaced and a day after bringing my D home this started:

When driving over a bump the battery light blinks and the tach drops to zero then spins up quickly plus I feel the engine sputter.

Today while driving on the interstate I went over a series of bumps which caused the engine to just die. I pulled the car over and tried to start it, it cranked but no ignition. My Daughter who was in the car with me said do what Marty did when the time machine would not start. Well I banged the top of the steering wheel hard and it started!

I carefully drove it home noticing over every little bump the tach and battery light would jump as the engine sputtered.

Once back in the garage with the engine still running I banged the steering wheel again, the engine died.

Might there be some kind of cable harness that runs down the steering cocolumn that could of gotten loose when the rack was changed out?

Any ideas? It really looks like some kind of loose connection.

Rick