From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:18 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3172

1. Re: For Sale: 1982 Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

2. Re: Motor Oil Spill - Clean Up
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

3. 100 Amp Delco alternator does not charge at start up.
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. RE: For Sale: 1982 Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual
From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net>

5. RE: Motor Oil Spill - Clean Up
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: 100 Amp Delco alternator does not charge at start up.
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

7. Re: For Sale: 1982 Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

8. Re: For Sale: 1982 Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual
From: Tito Lugtu <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: For Sale: 1982 Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual
From: Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. RE: For Sale: 1982 Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual
From: Tito Lugtu <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:48:51 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: For Sale: 1982 Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual

TAL,

Sorry to here about your D being vandalized.

Bob

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:00:33 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Motor Oil Spill - Clean Up

If you have spills on bare, untreated concrete the way to get rid of them is easy. First get up as much of the spill as you can either with shop towels, scoops, rags, etc. Next spread out crushed, dry, clay, it is kitty litter, speedi-dri, it goes under a lot of names. The kitty litter is a little more expensive because they add odorants and other things but you can get it anywhere. The more generic, cheaper stuff you get at any large auto supply but it usually comes in much larger bags. Spread it out in a thin layer over the spill and let it soak up the rest. Best to leave it overnight. Next, remove the layer and spread a thinner layer over the spill. Now use a short piece of 2X4 maybe 6" long and rub it over the speedi-dry with light pressure on the concrete. It will suck up the stain and fill the pores of the concrete. A better way to go is to paint the floor with an epoxy coating so spills don't soak into the concrete. If you know you are going to be spilling on the floor spread some speedi-dri out first so the oil soaks it up before it touches the floor. In some areas you must dispose of the oily clay as a hazardous materiel so check it out before you toss it in the garbage. This also works on ashphalt driveways. Don't ask me how I know this works! I finally got tired of all the stains and painted my garage floor. I found it also made it much brighter when working under the car. The floor reflects a lot of light now.

-- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "rodney rael" <rodrael1_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Steve:
>
> The recommendations given so far are great....   but if the spill is
on dry
> concrete driveway, sometimes the "kitty litter" or equivalent is not
> sufficient to remove the stain, so I use a product called "Pour and
> Restore"   it is available at any Ace hardware store chain.   It is
a liquid
> that you put on the oil stain, leave it on till the whitish liquid
> dries then broom sweep up (usually after about a week)  Remarkably the
> oil
stai

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:19:16 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: 100 Amp Delco alternator does not charge at start up.

Hey guys,

A friend of mine has a problem with his alternator not charging when he starts the engine. He has to rev the engine too get the system to to show charge. Once he does this, the system will show normal charge 13.5- 14.0 volts at idle and will be fine after that. It is if there is not enough initial excitation voltage to get the alternator to turn on.  Any thoughts? I seemed to recall someone had posted a similar problem a while back with the same delco unit. I but was unable to find it in the archives.

Thanks

Dennis

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:57:27 -0500
From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net>

What are you asking for it.   I have a 81 D but might like to upgrade to an
82
Ed

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:30:51 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I have used newspaper with good success.  Spill was the whole area under the Delorean. Spread papers over spill, let soak up. wiped up with more paper.
Spot is long gone from concrete, now. You'll need a good bit of newspaper.
(Fortunately, it missed the tires & was only on the concrete)    Drive
Stainless     Robert   VIN 6924

From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Motor Oil Spill - Clean Up
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 04:44:53 -0000

Group,

Just wondering.  The other day I saw a gasoline spill at a gas
station.  The attendant was notified.  She came out and spreaded
something that looked like kitty litter on the mess.

Suppose you spill over a can of motor oil (doh!), what do you use to
clean the mess up?  Dog litter?  Paper towels don't seem to work well.
  Shop rags are expensive.

Steve
VIN#04421

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:44:15 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Here is a list of possible causes:
Bad alternator (burnt windings, blown diodes, bad regulator)
Loose, dirty, or burnt electical connections
Wrong bulb for the alternator light in dash
Bad battery
Loose or wrong belt.
First thing is to remove the battery, clean the connections, slow
charge the battery and test it. If good reinstall in car. Now test the
alternator. Places like Sears will do it for free. If good, clean all
the electrical connections you can find. Start with the big ones
between the battery, starter, alternator, and frame.

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:50:18 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

For anyone interested in a Turbo car I also have one for sale. It is
an 81, 5-speed, grooved hood, grey interior, with an Island Twin Turbo
setup. 30,000 miles. Ready to go for $25,000. It is in Hemmings.
Pictures on request. I may be bringing it to the DMA Spring Event in
April if anyone wants to see it.

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:46:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Tito Lugtu <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Thanks man, appreciate your concern and sympathy, means alot to me.

Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com> wrote:  TAL,

Sorry to here about your D being vandali

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:09:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Japheth Deaux <secret_jedi_guy_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Boy that really busts my butt!  Sorry to see that.
I'm glad that the damage is only cosmetic and can be
repaired.

Good luck,

Japheth
VIN: 1223

Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:44:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Tito Lugtu <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>

I lived here for 14 years, and my car is parked on the same place, and no one have touched it, I suspect some of the new tenants guest that Sat evening (just before midnight) did it; I really don't know how much to ask, but I would like to get as much as I can ... I'm getting too old to work on this car