From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 7:59 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3174

1. Re: Anyone got experience of fitting DMCH's arm rest caps?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

2. Re: movement in the gearbox
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

3. CarFax
From: " Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

4. Re: Mysterious Buzzing Sound & Brake Light Problem
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

5. RE: 100 Amp Delco alternator does not charge at start up.
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

6. Looking for a window sticker - not just anyone..... mine!
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Gearbox lift
From: "Chris Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>

8. Re: Cadillac with a DeLorean Northstar?
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. Front grill
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. RE: Re: movement in the gearbox
From: "Paul" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>

11. Re: DMC in Car Museum in New Zealand.
From: dave jaffray-smith <xajaffa_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 02:45:43 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Anyone got experience of fitting DMCH's arm rest caps?

The left side usually fits nicely, the right side usually doesn't.
Trim it but it is hard to get the right side to fit as nice as the left.

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 02:49:40 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: movement in the gearbox

That much movement is too much. Check out the rubber bushings on the linkage where the bolts connect them and the pivot bolt if it is too loose. Check the whole linkage system for any loose or worn parts.
Check the level of the lubricant in the transmission. Some owners claim changing to synthetic gear lube solves the cold morning shifting problems.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <willinot_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just a quick question.
>
> I have only ever driven #2493 and have noticed that there is a lot of
> movement of the gear stick when in gear.  It does not pop out of gear
> or anything but would probably have around an inch or movement in any
direction
> when in gear.  Is this normal or should the gearbox and stick be
quite tight
> in gears.  Also in the mornings or generally at start-up from cold its
> sometimes hard to get out of first (have to double the clutch).
Once I make

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:51:36 -0500
From: " Toscano" <toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: CarFax

Folks, a friend of mine has an open CarFax account in case anyone needs a VIN checked out. Email me the VIN you are interested in and I will forward it to him. Please keep it down to one or two VINs.
toscano2(at)ix.netcom.com

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 02:53:30 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Mysterious Buzzing Sound & Brake Light Problem

Hold both door switches in with the driver's door open and the noise going. If it goes away then it is the key buzzer. To defeat it just pull one of the wires on the door switch that affects the noise. It is only supposed to buzz with the key in the ignition and the driver's door open.

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:14:50 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>
Subject: RE: 100 Amp Delco alternator does not charge at start up.

Could be the type of regulator used. Does the battery light come on when the key is turned on. Or, The turn on speed of the alternator is to high.

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 03:35:30 -0000
From: "Christian Jarzab" <ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Looking for a window sticker - not just anyone..... mine!

Hello All!
I thank you in advance for reading this and possibly being some help!
I purchased 1510 as a refurb from DMCH last year and am desperately looking for as much history and documentation on the car (1510) as
possible.   I'm looking for the original (or copy) of the window sicker
and or any information that can tell me MORE about 1510.   Previous
owners, etc.
I DO know that the car was last titled in 1991 in Scottsdale, AZ by a
gentleman that I cannot locate.   I "believe" he sold it to
some "European Automotive Store" in Boston, MA sometime after that.   I
also believe that DMCH purchased it from this dealer in MA sometime in early 2005.
Any help would be appreciated!

Living the Dream w/o an Official Birth Cirtificate:-( Christian Jarzab

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:35:29 +0100
From: "Chris Hawes" <chris_at_dml_chawes.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Gearbox lift

Hi all,

I took my car out over the weekend, first time in around 2 weeks and noticed that lifting the gearlever up so I can engage reverse was really stiff. It took both hand to lift it up, moving over to reverse was fine though.  All the other gears are as per normal with their operation.

I moved it up and down a few times to see if it would free-up a little better but didnít seem to improve too much.

Does something need lubrication?

Thanks

Chris H.

Vin 5255 Oct 1981

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:37:20 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cadillac with a DeLorean Northstar?

Ah, that explains it!  I don't know why I didn't think of DeLorean Cadillac...

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 04:57:50 -0000
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Front grill

My front grill (where the DMC logo attaches) seems faded compared to other deloreans. Is it possible to re dye it? For that matter is it possible to re dye other exterior parts like the vents on the rear quarter panels and rear view mirrors?

Nathan

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:50:03 +0100
From: "Paul" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Re: movement in the gearbox

What type of gearbox oil can anyone recommend?

Thanks.

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:19:24 +1200 (NZST)
From: dave jaffray-smith <xajaffa_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DMC in Car Museum in New Zealand.

My pics of the car have been detached.

The Rego number was 1ECA523 California plates.

Jaffa.