From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:16 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3176

1. Re: Re: Production date, hood grooves
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Wanted: Dammaged engine harness
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Front grill
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Re: Wanted: Dammaged engine harness
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: Front grill
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. James Andrew Dille
From: rick abarca <stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:12:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Production date, hood grooves

James,

As far as hoods go, I know of a few 81's with flat hoods

6451 (although 6452 and 6453 (my car) have grooved hoods)
4606 (althouhg 4603 has a grooved hood)
5633

I would guess the hoods were replaced by the QAC's, or perhaps they were installed at the factory  who knows... it may always be a mystery.

I also know the previous owner of 7196 (one of the very last 81's) however he indicated that 7196 had a grooved hood. I believe 7199 is in the UK, I wonder if the owner is on the DML?

-Chris
DMC 6453

James Espey <james_at_dml_delorean.com> wrote: Theoretically, it should have a hood with lines and no flap. The hoods officially changed to all flat hoods 19 cars after yours, but it would be interesting to know a couple of things:

- the hoods on the cars 7182-7199, what are they?

- any indications of previous accident damage?

It's possible that the hood was damaged at the factory and then swapped out with one of the new ones before it was shipped, or it could have been done at the QAC, too. Another DeLorean mystery.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:50:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wanted: Dammaged engine harness

Yup, my request is for 6068.  :)

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 03:11:57 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Front grill

The primer is really not necessary for a part that is already black.
Properly cleaned and prepped, the black Krylon Semi-Flat Black works
great.

-Joe O'Brien

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_...> wrote:

> There is no need to dye the grill, or any of the black parts of
the exterior for that matter. I just painted my grill yesterday.  I also repainted most of the exterior black parts a few months back.  Just go to any automotive or paint store, and buy a spray can of
> black and a spray can of primer.  Be sure to sand the part
completely smooth and clean it very well before applying the primer.

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:57:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Wanted: Dammaged engine harness

After the radiator neck you sent me a few months back,
I guess that could be you!  (Too bad Evil Dan has not
welded it to the pipe yet....)

I assume all the vendors read the DML, so if they (or
you) have one you would like to sell (or donate, I am
getting close to my budget number on this project
because Porsche parts are INSANE!) a few connectors
off of, let me know!

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:17:00 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Right...  Primer is not technically necessary.  But, it does help the paint to bond to the
surface a lot better than paint alone.  Primer also fills in and masks small
imperfections that would be visible if it was just paint alone.  i.e. little scratches and
knicks that the sanding didn't get.

So, no, primer is not technically needed.  But it definately helps if you want the job to
be perfect, professional, and not like it was just blasted quick with some spray paint.

Corey
2423

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:54:34 -0800 (PST)
From: rick abarca <stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: James Andrew Dille

To James Andrew Dille in Ohio, I am having problems
getting through to you due to your spam filter, i need
to know if the info I sent to you got there.

Rick