From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 7:02 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3179

1. Re: Re: A/C cycle very short
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

2. Euro Plate holders
From: "delorean17" <delorean17_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: Strut Pressure and Wings-A-Loft
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

4. transmission seals
From: "schab932000" <schab932000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: A/C cycle very short
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:01:52 -0500
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: A/C cycle very short

 If the temp is cool it will only blow so cold then the compressor shuts off Drove me nuts when I added the freon last week on the raffle car by the way the compressor on the raffle car was replaced Old one developed a front seal leak so this one works real good and is about three to four degrees cooler that the old one ever was

do it above 50 degrees and preferably above 60 degrees

Took me an extra half hour to make sure it was working right

Ken

PS we do offer air conditioning service at my warehouse appointment necessary both 134b and R12

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:54:05 -0000
From: "delorean17" <delorean17_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Euro Plate holders

Greetings, First time back to the DML in a long time.  Anyway, I remember a guy selling stainless steel rear europlate holders on ebay a while back.  Does anyone know where I can obtain one of these?  I think he had a website but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Dave Phelps

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 00:32:42 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: Strut Pressure and Wings-A-Loft

Shannon - The door opening function is divided into two phases:  When the latches are released, the torsion bar is wound to maximum stress, and unloads itself by starting to open the door.  At this point, the strut is not very effective because it has no leverage to speak of.  As the door swings open, the torsion bar is becoming more and more unloaded, while the leverage for the strut is becoming more available.
At the very top of the opening swing, the strut is doing nearly all of the work, while the torsion bar is nearly (but not quite completely) relaxed.  What this all means is that the initial movement of the door is almost entirely based on the torsion bar.  There are several things that can influence this first phase of the door opening swing; stiff or corroded hinges, sticky seals, struts that have contamination on the shaft which could cause drag, and any added weight in the doors.

In your case, the first thing I would do would be to lubricate the hinges with a light lubricant that won't cause a stiffness in the hinge joints when cold (aerosol white grease, silicone spray, light machine oil, etc).  You could also check the seals to make sure that they are not binding the door at all.  Application of seal dressing spray or silicone spray can help the seals to release from the doors.  Wipe down the shafts of the struts to clean them, using silicone spray on a clean rag.  Try these things, and let us know what the effects are.  The struts do not lose pressure temporarily.

PS - There are small spring-loaded door "poppers" that can be used to provide a little extra push during the first inch of travel.  If nothing else helps your situation, these might be an option.  Reducing weight in the doors would also help.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 03:53:55 -0000
From: "schab932000" <schab932000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: transmission seals

This may seam like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. I just finished replacing my clutch and all the components that go with it. I also replaced my transmission seals, filled the trans back up and put it back in. Well, it appears one of the new seals must have not been set correctly, because I noticed a little leak. Grrrrr.

So here's the question, I'm going to replace the seal one more time. I'll have to order a new one since pulling it out will probably tear it up. Is the trans fluid level under the seal? I want to avoid draining the trans if possible.

Thanks,

Pat

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 02:30:45 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: A/C cycle very short

Very unlikely to be the low pressure cycling switch.

Short cycling is usually caused low gas because of leaks or, blocked/restricted passages, which is usually the orifice tube, probably caused by an accumulator that is going bad because of previous improper installation technique.

It has to be done correctly.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I too, was annoyed that mine would cycle every 5 seconds or so
last summer.  Is the low pressure switch adjustment easy to make?
Isn't the cycle time supposed to be every 45 seconds or so?