From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 7:48 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3182

1. Re: Windshield Cracked.
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Strut Pressure and Wings-A-Loft
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: front licence plate holder
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>

4. Re: Re: Looking for connection in Relay Compartment
From: Alistair McCann <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

5. RE: front licence plate holder
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

6. Coolant leak - Update
From: "Gekko West Coast Base" <gekko_at_dml_flex.com>

7. Re: Looking for connection in Relay Compartment
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Re: NEW Windshields .
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Coolant leak - Update
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Grady Front Lowering Springs
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 07:13:27 -0000
From: "dmc_5180" <dmc_5180_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Windshield Cracked.

The reason the windshield cracks is because of the expansion and contraction of the BLACK aluminum base when it is glued directly to the glass. Even with normal mirror button adhesive.  This is why you MUST  use the black foam Adhesive pad when installing the mirror mount. Also the mounting base is much larger than your typical Pressed metal mirror mounting button found on most cars that is glued to the glass. This extra contact area also contributes to the expantion/contaction process. We al know how hot the inside of the car gets when sitting in the direct sun. Black is the worst ofcoarse. It can reach temps well over 200 degres. Probably the worst thing is a partly cloudy day. When the sun goes in and out as clouds float over the car.  This sets up  heat up and cool down cycles, which adds a lot of stress and strain to the glass.

Dennis

Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 05:08:29 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Strut Pressure and Wings-A-Loft

They were very ify on my car as well because my doors were too tight.
 My doors open very nicely at the touch of a doorhandle, but the seals are a bit too tight for the remote openers.  I took the door popper actuators out after about a year and half of fighting with them and I left in the remote/lock unlock feature and the door lock actuators .

My advice is if you have a fairly early car, the "Wings A Loft" might not be the best choice for you.  They seem to work great on my friend's '83, which feels like it has noticably lighter doors for some reason (perhaps the plastic door guides make that much of a difference?).

Maybe this is just a problem a handful of people have.  I had some issues wiring the door lock actuators and Toby was very friendly and helped me work out some little bugs in my installation (ended up being the door lock module). I highly recommend DPNW, but just wanted to offer my experience on the door launchers (which I bought from Darryl before Toby took over).

-Patrick C.
1880

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jace & Jenn" <judtnet_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I have had the exact same problem, but only on the driver's side.
Other

Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:11:19 -0000
From: "Mike Bosworth" <mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: front licence plate holder

Why not save your money and simply stick it to the black part of the front bumper? As Here:-

http://www.orgsites.com/tx/bozzzydmc/index.html

Those double sided numberplate stickers are very strong :)

Kind Regards

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Guillaume Morel" <hoplos_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm looking for a wide (EU format) licence plate holder for my
front plate.
> I don't want to make holes in the car, so I found one which
prevents from
> this at SpecialTauto
> (
> http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/stainless-steel-
license-pla.jpg
> )
>
> I ordered it, asked for Paypal payment, got an email without the
freight
> costs... so I've asked for the total price and paypal account,
I've been

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:36:53 +0100
From: Alistair McCann <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Looking for connection in Relay Compartment

Hi mate

Sound quality is very good believe it or not, much better than the iTrip which I was using before.

Is this the relay at the very back of the compartment?? I think I am using the negative ground on that for my fog light..

Alistair.

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 03:22:49 -0600
From: "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com>

Guillaume, Your invoice was sent again with freight.

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 07:06:55 -0800
From: "Gekko West Coast Base" <gekko_at_dml_flex.com>
Subject: Coolant leak - Update

You may remember my leak that developed at the left front of the engine and
my questions about tricks for location and repair.  I just wanted to update
with a "thank you" to the guy who advised I could reach the toughest fitting
from underneath the car.  I found that fitting just below the distrbutor was
the leaky culprit and that it is accessible more easily from below.  I
replaced all the rubber from that fitting to the coolant bottle, replaced
the old corroded (but still working) heater control valve, the "T" connector
and all hose clamps.  Problem solved.

I really appreciate the tech help this forum offers.  Keep up the good work,
guys/gals.

Sincerely,

Craig Werner
07181 now in La Center, WA

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:05:29 EST
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

Alistar,

In the relay compartment there are two larger silver relays under the metal
bracket that also hold the RPM relay.  The rear most of these larger relays
supplies power when the key is in the accessory position and ignition  position
while the front one supplies power only when the ignition is  on.  I would
think that you would want to use the one that supplies  accessory power so you
could operate the modulator when the key is in the  Accessory position and not
have to have the ignition itself on.  There is a  group of relatively fat
white wires with a blue stripe just across from  that accessory relay that you can
tap power off.  Don't forget to use a  fuse!.

Dē & 6530
Dave Delman

 In a message dated 3/31/2006 9:16:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:39:05 -0000
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: Looking for  connection in Relay Compartment

Hi all

I have just bought an fm  modulator to use my ipod with the original craig
radio in the car.

I  wired it up with out any problems but have been finding it difficult to
find a  place in the
relay compartment to put the + feed to the modulator, I dont  fancy
connecting it directly to
the battery.

It needs to be in a  place where it will turn off with the ignition and then
not drain the  battery.
I am currently using the 25amp door lock circuit breaker  which seems to be
giving it power
when the ignition is off and on, so I  need a better place folks!!

Alistair.

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:24:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: NEW Windshields .

Lawrence,
  I'd be very interested in getting a new windshield.

  Erik

Lawrence Lormand <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net> wrote:
  To all windshield crack Delorean Owners,
 If enterested I have a contact for New WIndShields for Deloreans, NOT OEM WITH LAMI DEFECTS but very costly in stalled around $1000.00

Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:48:13 -0000
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Coolant leak - Update

Glad to hear it all worked out. Once I got over my fear of jack
stands working on the car became MUCH easier!

Nathan
2277

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Gekko West Coast Base" <gekko_at_dml_...>

Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:02:42 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Grady Front Lowering Springs

I have a quick question.  I also left a message for Rob Grady.  I
purchased the lowering front coil springs from Rob, which are to be
installed on Monday.  When looking at the new springs, there are about
12 coil turns on the spring.  The original on the car look much shorter
(granted they are compressed right now), and only appear to have about
6 to 8 coil turns.  Are the new lowering springs supposed to have that
many coils on it?  If so, they must really compress to lower the car 1-
1/2 in. lower than it is now.

Thanks for any advice,