From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:25 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3187

1. Re: Brush with Death
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

2. Re: BAE Turbo Documentation
From: Markus Knöpfle <magrutter_at_dml_web.de>

3. Re: top speed
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

4. Re: Hello from new member!
From: "John Spangler" <johnspangler_at_dml_netzero.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 23:14:51 -0500
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" <jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Brush with Death

Did you guys use locktite on the nut when reinstalling?  I recently had my rear end apart to fix the ol' DeLorean clunk syndrome and I put locktite on it for reassembly with no issues so far (about 400 miles or so).

I also torqued the bejesus out of the thing :-)

Jake Kamphoefner

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 04:51:39 +0200
From: Markus Knöpfle <magrutter_at_dml_web.de>
Subject: Re: BAE Turbo Documentation

Many thanks for all your response!!!

Bruce: You're right, especially in the lower RPM the ignition is too early. Guess I spend the next weekend on the turbo.

Roy: My VIN is 01460

Markus

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:46:36 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: top speed

andy wrote:

> I don't recall the exact speed they listed but I think it
>was in the 150's.

No way..... the Alpine GTA V6 Turbo has a top speed of 156 which it
achieves in part thanks to a taller 4th and 5th (and 200+hp), and a more
streamlined body, lighter weight.... etc

I think R&T listed 109, but I'm sure someone will confirm for sure.

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 04:45:28 -0000
From: "John Spangler" <johnspangler_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Hello from new member!

Congrats on new D ownership!  I'd like to suggest the Arizona DeLorean
Club www.az-d.org as we've got a few members in the Vegas area.  In
fact several of us just had a meeting there this past weekend.  We're
also in the Yahoo groups and we have a web chat every Wednesday night.

Sounds like you've got a great car!  Is it a 5-speed/Auto Gray/Black
interior?

-John
www.az-d.org