From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:55 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3193

1. Re: Hello from new member!
From: "delorean_lady" <delorean_lady_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Bad Oxygen Sensor / Lambda Sensor
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Windshield Cracked.
From: "outatym2001" <markman660_at_dml_ncplus.net>

4. Need a new ignition cylinder
From: "apexrmb" <Apexrmb_at_dml_earthlink.net>

5. ~~~~~~~~~~ Any other gals here who own a DeLorean ~~~~~~~~~~
From: "delorean_lady" <delorean_lady_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Hello from new member!
From: "delorean_lady" <delorean_lady_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Att:Tony Atkins
From: Andrew Prentis <aprentis_at_dml_rocketmail.com>

8. Re: Original NCT Rear Tires - Sell or Trade
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Good PO experience!
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

11. John Hervey
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>

12. Re: Windshield Cracked.
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

13. Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 28-30 (Disney Area)
From: "jeff512tr" <cingular512_at_dml_comcast.net>

14. DCS Museum Preview--Secrets Revealed
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

15. water leak - Thanks
From: "Paul" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>

16. Re: DCS Museum Preview--Secrets Revealed
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

17. RE: Bad Oxygen Sensor / Lambda Sensor
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Re: Windshield Cracked.
From: "rodney rael" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>

19. Re: ~~~~~~~~~~ Any other gals here who own a DeLorean ~~~~~~~~~~
From: "rodney rael" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>

20. Re: ~~~~~~~~~~ Any other gals here who own a DeLorean ~~~~~~~~~~
From: "rodney rael" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>

21. calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

22. Re: DCS Museum Preview--Secrets Revealed
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

23. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

25. Window cracking problem, what gives?
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:14:08 -0000
From: "delorean_lady" <delorean_lady_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hello from new member!

Hello Marv ... Thanks for the info.  Yes, I am very pleased with Mr.
Bernstein's work and very impressed with some of the work I see in progress in his DeLorean One shop.  (I took lots & lots of photos.)  I will probably give Ed a call within the next week to extend my gratitude for all that he did on my 82 DeLorean and for the professional service he provided.  Keep Smiling ... DeLorean Lady

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 05:26:46 -0000
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Bad Oxygen Sensor / Lambda Sensor

Group,

Uploaded a picture on my server and want to pick your brain on this one.  This is the old oxygen sensor I removed.  It has about 3500 miles on it and installed during 2001.  The black carbon soot is severe.

Is there any service life left in this sensor?  Looks like the fuel mixture is rich.  Symptons:
rough idle at cold start up.  1000 RPM with surges to 1500 RPM.  After the engine warmed up, idle drops back down to around 800 RPM.  A new sensor didn't solve the idle problem.

Here is the link: http://www.aufetechnik.com/IMG_0180.jpg.

Thanks.

Steve
VIN#04421

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 06:49:51 -0000
From: "outatym2001" <markman660_at_dml_ncplus.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield Cracked.

To Ryan and the List,

Wow didn't know my post about a cracked windshield was so popular.

I didn't glue or install or replace the windshield or mirror.  I inspected the July '81 DeLorean in January 2001 and found it had a cracked windshield.
The previous owner said he would have installed a brand spanking new DMC windshield before I pick up the 'D' in February.  The new DMC windshield got installed by somebody and somebody glued the mirror to the windshield.  Don't know who.
Aprox. two years after purchasing the 'D' is when the crack appeared.  It took several months for the crack to run all the way down the windshield.
The crack is on the interior sheet of glass and what I was told from auto windshield stores is there is no way to guarantee a permanent fix on a crack that big on the inside sheet of glass since they would have to squirt glue upside down into the crack.
Someday I will replace it.  Esp. since it's embarrasing to drive around in a 'D' with a big ol' crack in the windshield.

Mark R. Vanyo
VIN 02261
84,296 miles and counting...

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_...>

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:13:39 -0000
From: "apexrmb" <Apexrmb_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Need a new ignition cylinder

Someone broke into my Delorean and busted up my ignition. Need a new cylinder, and if I get lucky will be able to put all the other parts back togethor.

Bummed in California.

Apex

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:23:29 -0000
From: "delorean_lady" <delorean_lady_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: ~~~~~~~~~~ Any other gals here who own a DeLorean ~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of testosterone here ... and there's nothing wrong with that ...
LOL ... but I am curious (as is my nature) ... are there any other gals here who own a DeLorean?

Thanks!
DeLorean Lady

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:09:45 -0000
From: "delorean_lady" <delorean_lady_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Hello Ben!  Thanks for the info about the DeLorean club in Arizona ...
I'll check them out very soon!  Keep smiling ... DeLorean Lady in Vegas

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 04:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Prentis <aprentis_at_dml_rocketmail.com>
Subject: Att:Tony Atkins

Hi,
Sorry to use the list for this but I'm trying to contact another owner here in Sydney with no luck.
If Tony Atkins is on this list would you please contact me at aprentis_at_dml_rocketmail.com ASAP.I have some questions for you about your car.
If any one else has any contact info for Tony would you please let me know.
 Thanks,
Andrew
VIn 2883

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 05:59:48 -0000
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Original NCT Rear Tires - Sell or Trade

Group,

Per someone's suggestion, I've got some pictures of the tires.  Knock yourself out.  Raw
image files are available for technical reference, e-mail me off the list for the files.
Beware, raw images are huge and may require a 30 inch computer screen to view.  :)

Here are the links (resized, smaller images):
http://www.aufetechnik.com/NCT_tire_0001.jpg
http://www.aufetechnik.com/NCT_tire_0002.jpg
http://www.aufetechnik.com/NCT_tire_0003.jpg
http://www.aufetechnik.com/NCT_tire_0004.jpg
http://www.aufetechnik.com/NCT_tire_0005.jpg
http://www.aufetechnik.com/NCT_tire_0006.jpg
... up to http://www.aufetechnik.com/NCT_tire_0011.jpg

Note:  Eleven images total.  Type in a different number in the filename to get the other
images.

Steve
VIN#04421

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:40:11 EDT
From: doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Good PO experience!

If the previous owner took good care of their car then they should  be a good
source of accurate and helpful information about it's previous  life.  Case
in point 06530 was previously owned by Dick Ryan.  I  tracked him down and he
has been able to provide me with not only a verbal  history of the car but also
documentation on paper of the work previously  done.  Not to mention he was
very benevolent in passing on the original  window sticker.

Thanks Dick!

Dē & 6530

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 15:02:04 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

Unless the case is cracked (which is very unlikely) the plug needs to
be tightend more. Remove the plug again and inspect the threads on the
plug. If they are crossed, ripped, missing, or have plier marks on
them the plug should be replaced. Wrap with 2 turns of tape and
reinstall. You should be able to really crank down on it with no
danger. The plug is a taper so the tighter you get it the better it
will seal. If you have a magnetic drain plug it should be in the
bottom, not the side. If you don't have a magnetic one then order one.
Recheck the level and top-off with more 90W. A messy job but one that
is not done often. Here is a trick. Remove the side plug. Now remove
the drain plug and stop the flow with your finger. Next screw in the
other plug finger-tight so you don't lose all the oil. Now you can
inspect the drain plug and tape it up and not have to squirt ALL of
the gear oil back in.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_...>

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:53:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>
Subject: John Hervey

Just checking to see if John is OK.

I seem to recall that he was ill a few months ago and I have tried
contacting him via e-mail regarding a warranty item without success.

If he is ill this can wait till he recovers (I'll just continue to add
coolant).

TO MODERATOR ONLY:  You can contact me at bepositive2000_at_dml_yahoo.com
directly rather than posting to everyone if you know the answer.

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 13:11:10 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

Popular Mechanics
May 2006 Issue
Page 125
Subject: Removing improperly installed rearview mirror tab

Attach crescent wrench to sides of tab and twist off.

I haven't tried it yet but seems logical.

Dave Sontos

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:57:02 -0000
From: "jeff512tr" <cingular512_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 28-30 (Disney Area)

Hello!
The 3rd Annual Celebration Exotic Car Festival to benefit Make-A-Wish
is coming up the weekend of April 28-30 at Celebration, FL (Disney
area.) Registrations are far ahead of last year. We have expanded the
concours field this year and are expecting 200 cars. Last years event
featured 23 DeLoreans- lets increase that for 2006!

In addition to the many exotics already registered, we have confirmed
the following:
-FXX
-MC-12
-First US delivery Bugatti Veyron
-McLaren F1
-Porsche GT1
-Mercedes CLK-GTR
-LeMans winning Cadillac LMP
-Prototype Ford GT convertible
-Prototype Paxton supercharged Shelby GT350
-A showing of Ferrari's Fantastic Four

AND

The OCC Make-A-Wish chopper, built on the television show American
Chopper!

The entire Celebration Hotel is reserved for our event at substantial
discount rates. The hotel has less than 40 rooms left, so please make
your reservations right away by calling the hotel at 407-566-6000 and
mentioning the car show.

Celebration is ideal for a concours, set around a waterfront
boardwalk, with 6 sidewalk cafes, a theatre, shops, and the hotel
right there. This event is 100% charity, with all funds donated to
Make-A-Wish. Last year, $50,000 was donated. This year it will be
over $100,000! Bring your car, have some fun, and help the children
at Make-A-Wish!

Register easily on-line now at:
http://65.212.173.228/netsavy/fca/ev...ebration_1.htm

Jeff Ippoliti
DMC #20022
www.celebrationexoticcars.com

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 17:46:08 -0000
From: "Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: DCS Museum Preview--Secrets Revealed

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all registered for the DCS and have your hotel rooms
made.  If not, do so soon!  www.deloreancarshow.com

You do NOT want to miss this show.  There will be many DMC corporate
documents available to be read and reviewed.  I've spent the last
month scanning over 1000 pages of Cliff's original DMC memos, reviews,
Mailgrams, and much more (and I'm only halfway done!)  Reading this
new information is fascinating, and most it I had never read about
anywhere else.  Just to give you DML'ers a sneak preview of what you
will be able to browse through at your leisure on the 12 computers at
the show, the topics are as follows (subject to be changed and will
most likely have more added):

Dealer Materials

Early Car Reviews/Repairs/Evaluations

2 presentations of documents clearly marked "Internal Use Only" with
various production changes and recalls that I had never read about
before, making me think these were never meant to be viewed by anyone
outside of the company.

Many vintage newspaper articles and clippings

There is also an 'Assembly Problem' presentation, as well as a 'Design
Problem' presentation.  Many of these documents touch on the ride
height of the car...

This is just a small preview of what you will all have access to at
the show.  Each of the presentations has around 18-25 slides that you
will be able to read at your own pace on the computers that will be
set up at the show.  Keep in mind these documents all belonged to a
former DMC executive and were never released to the public or have
ever been posted on the internet.  This may be your only chance to get
an inside look of what working for the DeLorean Motor Company was like.

For some visual examples of what I am talking about, scroll towards
the middle of the DCS link below:
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/events-friday.html

See you in June!
-Patrick C.

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 20:09:57 +0100
From: "Paul" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>
Subject: water leak - Thanks

Just a quick post to say thanks, Got the leak into the fuel boot sorted.  It
was water coming down the fuel pipe and return line.

They are now well sealed up and everything is water tight.

Thanks.

Paul
Belfast

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:07:46 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: DCS Museum Preview--Secrets Revealed

Patrick,

Thanks for doing all this work.   The only sad thing is that these
document show that DMC was really working to produce good cars and not
rip off the public like he was falsely accused of.

Bob

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:57:07 -0500
From: "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Bad Oxygen Sensor / Lambda Sensor

You *might* be able to rehabilitate this with a propane torch, but a rich
mixture can "poison" a lambda sensor and ruin it permanently.

-Joe Kuchan

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:22:41 -0600
From: "rodney rael" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>

Mark and others:

I purchased a NOS windshield from DMCH and had professionally mounted about
10 months ago.   I subsequently purchased a mirror (somewhat larger that
original)  with compass and temp guage.   Well our temps here in Rio Rancho
have started warming up and I just noticed a crack that started from the
black button that I glued the mirror to.   I used the adhesive supplied with
the mirror.   What a damn shame after paying nearly $500 to DMCH and another
$300. and change to install.

Darn D projects are never ending.   I just installed Toby's Wings aloft and
that took me a whole month so that I could get doors adjusted properly so
that they launch, but it is great!!...

Rodney
3300, 10544

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:23:43 -0600
From: "rodney rael" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ~~~~~~~~~~ Any other gals here who own a DeLorean ~~~~~~~~~~

CONGRATULATIONS!! ,,   DELOREAN LADY!!

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:28:17 -0600
From: "rodney rael" <rodrael1_at_dml_gmail.com>

Congratulations Delorean Lady!!
 It would seem that most women don't even notice the car when I stop at
service stations and the like...   although I get a lot of not necessarily
unwanted attention from men but it might be a bit more desireable to get
more attention from women.   Also my wife is more tolerant than supportive
of my twin delorean projects.

KUDOS to you!!..   And good luck, these fine folks on the list will help
with darn near any problem that may develop.

Rodney

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:30:15 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!

Hey Group,

I have my engine out of my car and I am trying to test fit DMCH's
performance exhaust.  I see absolutely no way the hangers will line up with  the
brackets that come with the set.  I am looking to get in contact with  other owners
who have installed the system for tips and tricks and to let me  know if
something is not right.  I need someone who can provide me pictures  because i am
almost positive that one of the hangers is welded wrong and I need  to see the
exhaust actually installed to confirm. Or maybe I am just stupid but  I have
rebuilt every other system on my car by myself, plus over half a decade  in auto
service, you would think something as simple as exhaust would be a piece  of
cake!

Please email me privately.
Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Patrick, and others putting this together,

Since viewing will be on computers, could you tell us if this information will be available for download sometime after the show?  I think most would be willing to even pay for a copy of these documents.

Thanks for all that you guys are doing.

Erik

"Patrick C." <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com> wrote: Hi everyone,

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 23:33:26 -0000
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Thanks for the tip about swapping the plugs, that really helped
however the darn thing is still leaking. I did two wraps of Teflon,
still leaked, then I did a bunch of Teflon and now it is only
leaking very slowly (maybe a drop per 12 hours). I am going to leave
it for now until I order a magnetic plug and change to synthetic
oil.

I inspected for cracks but could not find any. I am pretty sure that
I am the first person to change the oil and I think it was slightly
leaking from the plug before I changed the oil. Not really sure if
this could be a casting problem or perhaps the threads were not done
well at the factory.

Nathan
2277

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_...>

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 22:45:20 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction

Hello,
I drove to Chicago today.  I'm here visiting my brother.  Those that
will be taking the Dan Ryan expressway should consider an alternate
route.  You can take a look at this page to see if there is a better
way for you.  http://www.avoidtheryan.com/
Plan your route in advance so we can all get to DCS2006 safely and
stress-free.  See you all in June!!!

Erik Geerdink

Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 23:50:13 -0000
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Window cracking problem, what gives?

I keep hearing about people with brand new windshield that are
developing cracks around the mirror mount spot. My car has had cracks
there since I bought it (one of the few things I missed) but so far
they seem to be staying put.  Do I understand this correctly: you glue
the mirror to the black spot, the window gets warm from the sun and
causes cracks to form around the black spot because it can not expand
with the rest of the window due to the glue???

I hear of some who use some sort of tape but the mirror falls off. I
have even heard people say that the window cracked even after it was
installed by a Delorean vendor. That's not cool. Is there something
that these people are doing wrong? Believe me, if I paid $700 dollars
for a new window to be installed and it cracked after going out in the
sun I would be PISSED. I would like to replace my window some day and
hope to avoid the new one developing a crack.

Nathan