From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:24 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3195

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: ~~~~~~~~~~ Any other gals here who own a DeLorean ~~~~~~~~~~
From: "delorean3691" <bck2thefuture88_at_dml_netscape.net>

2. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

3. Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

4. Re: Window cracking problem, what gives?
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

5. Re: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

6. Re: calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "Brandon Shelton" <morpheus34711_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Re: Window cracking problem, what gives?
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug & Synthetic
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>

12. My D won't start
From: "Dennis Alberts" <DBJCFam_at_dml_alltel.net>

13. Re: My D won't start
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

14. Re: Top Speed
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

15. Wings Aloft?
From: "Jim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Fan Fail fix for sale and Custom Exhaust
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

17. Re: calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

18. Re: Window cracking problem, what gives?
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: My D won't start
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

20. Re: My D won't start
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

23. Binnacle, Engine Cover, Revisit on electrical problem
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>

24. Re: Wings Aloft?
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>

25. PNDC tech session in Portland area next weekend
From: "Grimsrud, Knut S" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>





Message: 1
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 03:21:28 -0000
From: "delorean3691" <bck2thefuture88_at_dml_netscape.net>
Subject: Re: ~~~~~~~~~~ Any other gals here who own a DeLorean ~~~~~~~~~~

Actually yes! I'm a fellow female Delorean owner! I'm 19 years old and have owned my Delorean since I was 15. I'm from New Windsor, MD (currently living in Pittsburgh, PA for college). Pretty cool to see another female Delorean owner!

Tiffany Olejnik
Vin#3691

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "delorean_lady" <delorean_lady_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> Lots of testosterone here ... and there's nothing wrong with that ... 
> LOL ... but I am curious (as is my nature) ... are there any other 
> gals here who own a DeLorean?
> 
> Thanks!
> DeLorean Lady
>










________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 03:36:12 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

There is a big difference between the drain plugs on the automatic vs the manual. On the manual the plugs are a tapered pipe thread. On the automatic they are a machine thread with a copper sealing washer. If you suspect the threads in the case are a problem then drain the oil and try running a tap. Because the threads are tapered you can cut them a little deeper to clean them up. All it causes is that you have to screw the plug in a little more. You really shouldn't have to use teflon tape but it can't hurt, just don't use too much. The copper sealing washers are really not supposed to be reused. If you do have to reuse then use a small amount of silicone on the washer. Teflon tape is not as effective on the plugs for the automatic, the sealing washer is what is supposed to do the sealing. Converting to synthetic usually will cause any leaks to get worse. 
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757



--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> I have the same problem with my automatic transmission.  A new seal
washer and drain 
> plug should fix the problem.  Seal washer is supposed to be used a








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 03:43:38 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction

Going to DCS 2006, there is absolutely NO reason to be driving on the 
Dan Ryan (I-90/94) south of the downtown Chicago for any reason from 
anywhere you could be coming from, unless you happen to live IN the 
south side of Chicago. Take the I-294 tollway around the city, and take 
I-88 or North Avenue/IL64 across to the west. 

This will not be a problem. 

Dave Swingle - local resident

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I drove to Chicago today.  I'm here visiting my brother.  Those that
> will be taking the Dan Ryan expressway should consider an alternate
> route.  You can take a look at this page to see if there is a better
> way for you.  http://www.avoidtheryan.com/  
> Plan your route in advance so we can all get to DCS2006 safely and
> stress-free.  See you all in June!!!
> 
> Erik Geerdink
> 04512
>










________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:52:04 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Window cracking problem, what gives?

There are countless cars in Europe that use stick-on mirrors. You need 
to use a special sticky pad for the job. They're designed to fall off if 
you knock them rather than crack the glass and provide some "give". What 
they don't do is allow the mirror to shake

You can buy them in any service station over here for about 50p. You 
must make sure both surfaces are completely clean (denatured alcohol or 
acetone or simlar - not white spirit or thinners). Marc can tell you how 
we stuck his on outside the hotel in Memphis and it's still there... 
(the mirror, that is, I mean obvioualy the hotel is :-)

Check this out on ebay UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8053162412

Martin

Nathan Sobieralski wrote:

>I keep hearing about people with brand new windshield that are 
>developing cracks around the mirror mount spot. My car has had cracks 
>there since I bought it (one of the few things I missed) but so far 
>they seem to be staying put.  Do I understand this correctly: you glue 
>the mirror to the black spot, the window gets warm from the sun and 
>causes cracks to form around the black spot because it can not expand 
>with the rest of the window due to the glue???
>
>I hear of some who use some sort of tape but the mirror falls off. 
>






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:54:23 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

The auto tranny has two drain plugs. The one Nathan's talking about is 
the same as the one on your final drive. It has a taper thread and a 
10mm square MALE fitting. The drain plug on the auto box is just like 
the drain plug on the engine.

Martin

Steve wrote:

>I have the same problem with my automatic transmission.  A new seal washer and drain 
>plug should fix the problem.  Seal washer is supposed to be used a couple times and then 
>replaced.  Try cleaning the transmission case threads before installing the new plug.
>
>
>Steve
>#04421
>  
>







________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:29:50 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!

 
 
Here's an update on this - Turns out the real problem is the brackets are  
drilled wrong and I will have to redrill the holes in both of them.  But I  
would still like to get in touch with other owners for discussion.   Thanks!
 
Andy
 
In a message dated 4/8/2006 5:41:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,  
Soma576_at_dml_aol.com writes:

Hey  Group,

I have my engine out of my car and I am trying to test fit  DMCH's  
performance exhaust.  I see absolutely no way the  hangers will line up with  
the 
brackets that come with the set.   I am looking to get in contact with  other 
owners 
who have installed  the system for tips and tricks and to let me  know if 
something is  not right.  I need someone who can provide me pictures  because 
i am  
almost positive that one of the hangers is welded wrong and I need   to see 
the 
exhaust actually installed to confirm. Or maybe I am just  stupid but  I have 
rebuilt every other system on my car by myself,  plus over half a decade  in 
auto 
service, you would think something  as simple as exhaust would be a piece  of 
cake!

Please email  me privately.
Andy



 
Fargo, ND  
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 14:48:58 -0000
From: "Brandon Shelton" <morpheus34711_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

It has been my experience that using synthetic gear oil will cause any
leaks you have to become much worse.  I, too had the leaky tranny
problem and switched to synthetic.  Over the past few months, I
started to notice that there was a growing puddle under my car.  Once
I saw that, I had to switch back to the old stuff.

Brandon
VIN 4205
Orlando, FL.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_...>
wrote:
>
> Thanks for the tip about swapping the plugs, that really helped 
> however the darn thing is still leaking. I did two wraps of Teflon, 
> still leaked, then I did a bunch of Teflon and now it is only 
> leaking very slowly (maybe a drop per 12 hours). I am going to leave 
> it for now until I order a magnetic plug and change to synthetic 
> oil. 
> 
> I inspected for cracks but could not find any. I am pretty sure that 
> I am the first person to change the oil and I think it was slightly 
> leaking from the plug before I changed the oil. Not really sure if 
> this could be a casting problem or perhaps the threads were not done 
> well at the factory. 
> 
> Nathan
> 2277
> 










________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:19:00 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Window cracking problem, what gives?

 
 
Go back and read those again.  Not a single person has had a problem  with a 
window and mirror installed by a DMC vendor (aside from lamination  issues).  
There is a special pad that the vendors have for the mirror and  if you use 
that and install it following the instructions you have nothing to  worry about. 
 All of these problems are due to people not experienced with  these 
windshields installing them and the mirrors just like most other  cars.
 
Andy
 
 
 
In a message dated 4/8/2006 9:56:24 P.M. Central Standard Time,  
valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

I hear  of some who use some sort of tape but the mirror falls off. I 
have even  heard people say that the window cracked even after it was 
installed by a  Delorean vendor. That's not cool. Is there something 
that these people are  doing wrong? Believe me, if I paid $700 dollars 
for a new window to be  installed and it cracked after going out in the 
sun I would be PISSED. I  would like to replace my window some day and 
hope to avoid the new one  developing a crack. 

Nathan
2277



 
Fargo, ND  
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:59:09 -0000
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

I am going to try using this product on the threads: Permatex Thread 
Sealant

 It just means draining the whole tranny and pumping all that oil 
back in after sealing the plug. :( Let me know if that is a bad idea.

Nathan


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_...> 
wrote:
>
> There is a big difference between the drain plugs on the automatic 
vs
> the manual. On the manual the plugs are a tapered pipe thread. On 
the
> automatic they are a machine thread with a copper sealing washer. 
If
> you suspect the threads in the case are a problem then drain the 
oil
> and try running a tap. Because the threads are tapered you can cut
> them a little deeper to clean them up. All it causes is that you 
have
> to screw the plug in a little more. You really shouldn't have to 
use
> teflon tape but it can't hurt, just don't use too much. The copper
> sealing washers are really not supposed to be reused. If you do 
have
> to reuse then use a small amount of silicone on the washer. Teflon
> tape is not as effective on the plugs for the automatic, the 
sealing
> washer is what is supposed to do the sealing. Converting to 
synthetic
> usually will cause any leaks to get worse. 
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
> 
> 
> 
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_> wrote:
> >
> > I have the same problem with my automatic transmission.  A new 
seal
> washer and drain 
> > plug should fix the problem.  Seal washer is supposed to be used 
a
>









________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:26:39 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

 
 
Nathan,
 
Do you have the drain plug tool or are you just using an open end  wrench?  
You will be able to get the plug a lot tighter (and undamaged) if  using the 
right tool. Grady has them.
 
Andy
 
 
 
In a message dated 4/8/2006 9:54:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,  
valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Thanks  for the tip about swapping the plugs, that really helped 
however the darn  thing is still leaking. I did two wraps of Teflon, 
still leaked, then I  did a bunch of Teflon and now it is only 
leaking very slowly (maybe a drop  per 12 hours). I am going to leave 
it for now until I order a magnetic  plug and change to synthetic 
oil. 



 
Fargo, ND  
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 11:43:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Woody <BePositive2000_at_dml_Yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug & Synthetic


A little TFE thread sealer (the paste type with teflon works the best
I've found on any type of threads that must be sealed.  This sealer is
inert to almost any kind of liquid or gas (oil, gasoline, water,
propane, etc.), and does not impede removal when it's time for the next
oil change.

At Wal Mart you can also get a better new plug with matching threads, a
sealing washer and a standard hex head for a couple of $.

I sure would not forgo the benefits of synthetic oil over a leaking
plug or gasket.  Inspection of the engine of my last D after nearly
100K miles (95K ran with synthetic) removed any doubt I had about the
benefits of synthetic.  The interior was essentially free of any
deposits or coatings and the wear surfaces were within new tolerances. 
 Easier cold weather starting and warm-up, better gas mileage and
resistance to high-temp breakdown are added scientifically-proven
benefits.   

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:14:15 -0400
From: "Dennis Alberts" <DBJCFam_at_dml_alltel.net>
Subject: My D won't start

My D sat for a few months; it would not start after the first attempts. Now
the starter will not engage. Could the starter possibly be bad? HELP! 

 

 

 

 

Dennis 

 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:27:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: stefan diklich <stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: My D won't start

There are many reasons why your car may not be starting. For one, if it sat with gas in the system for a long period of time, you may have contaminated the fuel system. Which means trouble, because it is costly to repair. Secondly your starter my not be engaging anymore if you killed you battery by trying to start it alot. Check your voltage and see if there is enough power to engage the starter. You said it would not start on the first attempts, did it start eventually? Hope this helps

Dennis Alberts <DBJCFam_at_dml_alltel.net> wrote:  My D sat for a few months; it would not start after the first attempts. Now
the starter will not engage. Could the starter possibly be bad? HELP! 









Dennis





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:42:03 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Top Speed

  MANY moons ago when the car was fresh, I floored it on the Indian Nations 
Turnpike on my way to Paris, TX.    119 MPH in 5th;  112 in 4th.    I 
figured that was good enough. Haven't done it since.     Drive Stainless   ( 
& safe)   Robert   VIN 6924


From: <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Reply-To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [DML] Top Speed
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:57:23 +0100 (BST)

In case any Northern Ireland police are watching this I MAY OR MAY NOT
have had mine at 120mph before.  It was a dry night with a good bit of
wind behind me so that sure helped and I was alone in the car with
about a quarter of a tank of gas.

I know of a car in Ireland that will beat that though....

Alistair.
VIN:- PILOT25
Belfast.





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 20:05:01 -0000
From: "Jim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Wings Aloft?

Hi guys I saw some post a short whie ago I think they were called 
wings aloft! Is this an after market self opening door system?

Could anyone give em more details...how does it work....is it still 
available?

Cheers

Jim








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:29:23 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Fan Fail fix for sale and Custom Exhaust

Fan Fail Fix Dual 2X2 for sale $55 with free shipping in the U.S.A., 
yes it is same one that Specialtauto sells. Used approx 2 years.

Email me direct if interested.

Also i have a Custom Exhaust on EBay too for sale.

http://tinyurl.com/peydn

Mark V

dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:23:30 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!

Once you drill them the Jet-Hot coating will not be covering your new 
holes. Send them back to DMCH and get replacements.

Mark V


On Apr 9, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Soma576_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

>
>
> Here's an update on this - Turns out the real problem is the brackets 
> are
> drilled wrong and I will have to redrill the holes in both of them.  
> But I
> would still like to get in touch with other owners for discussion.   
> Thanks!
>
> Andy

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 18
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:07:44 -0000
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Window cracking problem, what gives?

Looks like you are right; I assumed that if the vendor installed the 
window they would also install the mirror.  My apologies.

Nathan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Soma576_at_dml_... wrote:
>
>  
>  
> Go back and read those again.  Not a single person has had a 
problem  with a 
> window and mirror installed by a DMC vendor (aside from 
lamination  issues).  
> There is a special pad that the vendors have for the mirror and  
if you use 
> that and install it following the instructions you have nothing 
to  worry about. 
>  All of these problems are due to people not experienced with  
these 
> windshields installing them and the mirrors just like most other  
cars.
>  
> Andy
>  
>  
>  
> In a message dated 4/8/2006 9:56:24 P.M. Central Standard Time,  
> valleyrat12_at_dml_... writes:
> 
> I hear  of some who use some sort of tape but the mirror falls 
off. I 
> have even  heard people say that the window cracked even after it 
was 
> installed by a  Delorean vendor. That's not cool. Is there 
something 
> that these people are  doing wrong? Believe me, if I paid $700 
dollars 
> for a new window to be  installed and it cracked after going out 
in the 
> sun I would be PISSED. I  would like to replace my window some day 
and 
> hope to avoid the new one  developing a crack. 
> 
> Nathan
> 2277
> 
> 
> 
>  
> Fargo, ND  
> 1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>










________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 19
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:35:16 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: My D won't start

 
 
How about taking the battery out, trickle charging it overnight, then try  
again tomorrow?
 
Andy
 
 
In a message dated 4/9/2006 2:16:17 P.M. Central Standard Time,  
DBJCFam_at_dml_alltel.net writes:

My D sat  for a few months; it would not start after the first attempts. Now
the  starter will not engage. Could the starter possibly be bad? HELP!  









Dennis 





Fargo, ND  
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 20
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:36:33 -0000
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: My D won't start

Hi.

Left my D alone for a few months and it doesn't start?  Been there and
done that.

Try charging the battery overnight and try again.  If charging battery
doesn't work, then jump it (not recommended) or swap in a battery
that's known to be good (charged and has good capacity).  Starter
assembly doesn't just go kaput.  Chances are your starter is still
working.  


Steve
VIN#04421

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Alberts" <DBJCFam_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> My D sat for a few months; it would not start after the first
attempts. Now
> the starter will not engage. Could the starter possibly be bad? HELP! 
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Dennis 
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>









________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 21
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction

I heard of some possibly going to Lakeshore Drive on Sunday after the festivities have ended.  Others may want to check out downtown Chicago after or before the show and may be coming in that way.  I know I was planning on going that way since I have family in that area.
   
  Erik
   

Dave Swingle <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com> wrote:
  Going to DCS 2006, there is absolutely NO reason to be driving on the 
Dan Ryan (I-90/94) south of the downtown Chicago for any reason from 
anywhere you could be coming from, unless you happen to live IN the 
south side of Chicago. Take the I-294 tollway around the city, and take 
I-88 or North Avenue/IL64 across to the west. 

This will not be a problem. 

Dave Swingle - local resident

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "erikgeerdink" wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I drove to Chicago today. I'm here visiting my brother. Those that
> will be taking the Dan Ryan expressway should consider an alternate
> route. You can take a look at this page to see if there is a better
> way for you. http://www.avoidtheryan.com/ 
> Plan your route in advance so we can all get to DCS2006 safely and
> stress-free. See you all in June!!!
> 
> Erik Geerdink
> 04512
>





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 22
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:43:34 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction

Here is all te info about the planned driving tour.  It does not go onto I-94 at all.

http://www.delorean-midwest.org/DCS06/4_Sunday.html

Corey
2423

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> I heard of some possibly going to Lakeshore Drive on Sunday after the festivities 
have ended.  Others may want to check out downtown Chicago after or before the 
show and may be coming in that way.  I know I was planning on going that way since I 
have family in that area.
>    
>   Erik










________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 23
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:44:57 -0000
From: "John Poland" <jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Binnacle, Engine Cover, Revisit on electrical problem

I'd like to thank everyone for the help with my alternator problem.  
Turns out it was just a connection from the the voltage regulator 
that was pulling apart when the engine moved.  The only electic 
problem I still have is my fan fail fix.  Sounds like pop corn 
popping in the relay compartment when it turns on, and then never 
turns off.  Just bought a new mode switch (last thing left that John 
told me might be the prolem).  Hope this fixes it.

I noticed a couple of things while working on the car today.  First, 
the binnacle is starting to "pucker up" a little on the top.  It 
looks like it will start to crack soon.  Is there anything that can 
be done at this point to save it?  It looks like it doesn't match 
anything 
else in the car grain-wise, so would it be a huge project to recover 
it with something close and then dye it to match?  I've never tried 
anything like this before so any tips would help.

Second, My engine cover is starting to crack (break) at the stay.  
Is there anything available to reinforce this?  I'd hate to spend 
the money to replace it if there is a fix available.

Thanks,

John

05935








________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 24
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:12:43 -0000
From: "Marv Hein" <marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wings Aloft?

http://delorean-parts.com.

Have only heard good about it. Want it. Don't have it. 

Marv
#10820


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> Hi guys I saw some post a short whie ago I think they were called 
> wings aloft! Is this an after market self opening door system?
> 
> Could anyone give em more details...how does it work....is it still 
> available?
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Jim
>










________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 25
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:06:45 -0700
From: "Grimsrud, Knut S" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: PNDC tech session in Portland area next weekend

Hi Folks,

 

The Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club is hosting a tech session in the
Portland (OR) area next weekend. If you're a member and you're
interested in participating either drop the PNDC activities director a
note or drop me a note directly. The venue where the event will be
hosted has a lift, which should make some of the typical procedures
(like installing Toby-TABs) a breeze, and the PNDC technical director
will be bringing the torsion-bar adjustment jig for those that need a
little tweak. It's that time of year where a lot of cars are coming out
of hibernation, so bring your car (problems and all) for some
educational help from folks in the know.

 

     Knut

 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------