From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:07 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3196

1. * Reminder* Pittsbugh Spring Tech Session - Western PA - RSVP
From: Daniel Plakosh <dplakosh2_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Wings Aloft?
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Eurofest concours
From: chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk

5. Re: Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Binnacle, Engine Cover, Revisit on electrical problem
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

8. Re: Wings Aloft?
From: Jim Cope <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

10. Are my doors right
From: "Jim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

12. Removing Stains from Wheels
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

13. Painting Trim Around Windshield
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>

14. Re: Wings Aloft?
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

15. Re: Are my doors right
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

16. Re: Are my doors right
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

17. Re: Are my doors right
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

18. Door struts and adjustment
From: "Jim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: Painting Trim Around Windshield
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

20. Re: calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!
From: Jason McKee <tymchsr_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Fuel and Stuff
From: "Jason" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>

22. Pheasant Run ...Test Run...
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

23. blending wheel
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>

24. Ken , DCS -DVD?????
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

25. Re: VIN#04421 Lives Again and Rough Idle - Vacuum Leak
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Daniel Plakosh <dplakosh2_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: * Reminder* Pittsbugh Spring Tech Session - Western PA - RSVP

Hello,

  NOTE: If you have not RSVP'd yet please do so soon. Thanks.

  Greetings,

  The Pittsburgh [DCO] Spring Tech Session will be held on Saturday May 13, 2006 starting at 9:00 AM. This is an excellent to opportunity to socialize with other D owners and get any needed work done on your car before DCS in June.

  We're easy to find just off the route 60 Hopewell exit about 7 min.
from the Pittsburgh Airport. We hope to see all the great people we've met at the previous tech sessions and hopefully a few new faces too! If your car is not ready to drive then just come and visit, we'd love to see you! If you need directions just let us know.

  We'll start off at 9a.m. (Coffee and pastries to open your eyes :-).
Snacks along with beverages (including beer) during the day. Around 1:00 PM we'll have a cookout for lunch and a dinner cookout around 5:30 PM.  Please e-mail us off-list to confirm your attendance, and perhaps any work you'd like some help with, and let us know if you need directions. Significant others are welcome, and encouraged.

If you are planning on attending and can bring any John Delorean Memorabilia or something that JZD owned please let us know as this tech session may featured on a local (KDKA)  TV show depending on the attendance

If anyone would like to provide the graphics/Design for the spring T-shirts please let us know. The graphic must be hi-res for printing and in single-color like the previous t-shirts.

Also, If there was a particular food that you enjoyed at a previous tech session or an idea for a new dish please let us know and we will try to include it on the menu this tech session or the upcoming one in August.

Please let us know if you plan to attend as early as possible.

Hope to see you there!

  Best regards,

  Dan and Judy
(Vin 3872)

Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:46:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wings Aloft?

Jim,

I currently have the wings aloft remote door opening system on my car and I have been very happy with it.  DeLorean parts northwest sells the wings aloft system.
Their website is www.delorean-parts.com

-Chris
DMC6453

Jim <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote: Hi guys I saw some post a short whie ago I think they were called wings aloft! Is this an after market self opening door system?

Could anyone give em more details...how does it work....is it still available?

Cheers

Jim

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 03:14:14 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

I have never heard of a trans leaking at the plug with a proper new
copper washer installed - Something isn't right and it should be
obvious. That is, no copper gasket, wrong size gasket, wrong size
plug, cracked case (unlikely), damaged sealing surfaces. The
transmissions can usually leak but the plug is not a usual problem
area.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_...>

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:24:29 +0200 (CEST)
From: chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Eurofest concours

Dear All

For those of you who are attending Eurofest 2006, as of prev Eurofest, a concours Show will be held.

We are requiring some assistance in the judging of the Concours competition. If anyone who has not entered their vehicle, who would wish to be a Judge please let me know ASAP.

Regards

Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Geerdink <dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction

Again, it was just a suggestion for people who might not be familiar with the area and who may be planning other activities in the downtown area during that time.

  Erik

coreysmoo <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:
  Here is all te info about the planned driving tour. It does not go onto I-94 at all.

http://www.delorean-midwest.org/DCS06/4_Sunday.html

Corey
2423

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Erik Geerdink wrote:

> I heard of some possibly going to Lakeshore Drive on Sunday after the festivities
have ended. Others may want to check out downtown Chicago after or before the
show and may be coming in that way. I know I was planning on going that way since I
have family in that area.

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 04:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Binnacle, Engine Cover, Revisit on electrical problem

Get a dash cover.  It'll save the binnacle, or at
it'll stop it to the point where it has started to
bubble a little.

Jeremiah

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 03:33:01 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Dave reminded me that you are having problems with a manual trans not
an auto which also reminds me that your leak may not be from the drain
plug - I didn't remember reading that you have examined closely the
seals. New fresh oil may not be visible until it gathers at the drain
plug.

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:45:23 +0100 (BST)
From: Jim Cope <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Hi Christopher, thats for the reply, how does it work? Im guessing it gived the door a nudge and the torsion bar and gas lifts take it from there.

  Cheers

Christopher Mack <christopher_mack_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
  Jim,

I currently have the wings aloft remote door opening system on my car and I have been very happy with it. DeLorean parts northwest sells the wings aloft system.
Their website is www.delorean-parts.com

-Chris
DMC6453

Jim wrote: Hi guys I saw some post a short whie ago I think they were called
wings aloft! Is this an after market self opening door system?

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:56:31 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Just to mention that on the manual transmission THERE ARE NO SEALING
WASHERS ON THE DRAIN PLUGS.  The manual transmission uses  tapered
pipe plugs for the level and the drain. The more common sources of
leakage are the sealing between the case halves and the output seals.
Make sure that they are not the source of the leakage. Clean the case
thouroughly and watch for leaks. Always look from above and forward
because leakage tends to flow downward and towards the rear of the
car. It is very likely any leakage will eventually wind up dripping
off the drain plug and make it look like that is the source.
Overfilling can also cause leakage.
 The automatic transmission uses copper sealing washers on the level
and drain plugs and it has 3. One level plug for the final drive, one
drain for the final drive and one drain on the pan for the trans
fluid. There are several other plugs on the converter case but
normally they are not touched.

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:51:09 -0000
From: "Jim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Are my doors right

Hi guys, Im considering the wings aloft kit...but the drivers door
opens OK but hangs a litle of the max opening position. On the other
hand the passenger door nearly throws you over the car. If you let
it go it rocks the whole car as it hits the bump stop. To close is
also hard as you are fighting it lifting up.

Is my drivers door too soft?

Would having the gas pressure increased in the strut help?
Perhaps I can reduce the pressure in the passngers side.
!

We have the facility here as we have a similar problem with our
Lamborghini doors that have the gas assist lift....OK I know they
dont have torsion bars but changing the pressure affects the door
opperation.

All the best guys ...keep it up

PS ; Can anyone simple advise how easy to fit the wings aloft kit?

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:52:25 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: DCS 2006 - Dan Ryan Construction

Eric and others,

Below is the part of the text for last month's post 61894,
with information regarding the Dan Ryan Construction zone.

(we "flirt" with the north part of the zone early Sunday)

With 2 months left until DCS 2006 and the DeLorean 25th Anniversary
events, some people are starting to plan their routes to Chicago.
Please keep in mind that there is some major road reconstruction
going on near Chicago that should be avoided, if at all possible.

More details at: http://www.danryanexpressway.com/

Starting April 1st (no fooling), the Dan Ryan expressway (I-94) will
be under MAJOR reconstruction for the next two years.  The good news
is that this should not impact most direct routes from Indiana, Ohio
and all points East, as long as you do not travel directly into the
downtown area of Chicago from the any point North of I-80.  Most of
the traffic will take I-294 North to avoid this reconstruction, but
keep in mind this will have much of the redirected Dan Ryan traffic,
so you may want to take another "less traveled" alternate.

If you need a specific re-route recommendation, especially for those
of you transporting your DeLoreans in big, enclosed trailers who much
rather take less congested routes, even if they are a few miles out
of the way.  Re-routes further from Chicago will have less traffic.

NOTE: New speed enforcement photo vans are placed throughout some IL
construction zones and the mailed speeding tickets can be expensive.

If you would like a re-route recommendation that is not listed on the
website above, email me: Rich [at] dmcnews.com

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:34:29 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Removing Stains from Wheels

I have some stains on my power coated wheels that I can't seem to get
off. I don't know what the stains are but appears to be spray from
some liquid. It might have been brake fluid. Anyone have suggestions
how to get it off?

Shannon

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:32:36 -0000
From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells_at_dml_usa.net>
Subject: Painting Trim Around Windshield

Can someone send me instructions on how to paint the trim around the
windshield? Does the trim need to be removed? Does the old paint need
to be removed first? Can you use the same flat black paint used on
bumpers? Thanks for your help.

Shannon

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:30:43 -0700
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

Jim,

The system simply releases the door latches. The torsion bar and gas
lift, if adjusted properly, take over and lift the door up.

All of the systems Toby (DeLorean Parts Northwest) sells are
excellent. Toby's reputation within this community is outstanding and
I can personally vouch for his products, as I have many of them
installed on my car (including Wings-A-Loft).

-Ryan

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:15:46 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Are my doors right

Try switching the struts between the driver's door and the passenger's
door. It may even things out. You may need a slight adjustment of the
torsion bars also. It is not good for the door to bounce when you open
it. It puts a lot of unnecessary stress on the roof structure. You can
also try lubricating the hinges and the ends of the struts on the
driver's door. Don't forget to remove the clips before trying to
remove the struts.

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:12:41 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

Lamborgini guy..

    The torsion bars are the key.  I put in the  wings aloft kit this past
summer and was surprised how easily it went  in.   Get the whole shooting batch
when you do. Alarm, etc.  You  will have to adjust the doors for it on the
torsion bars though.  Both of  my doors go up hard and fast as I have not had the
chance to go to one of the  vendors.  The guy I had do the installation was
tempted to do the  adjustment but realized that one slip would mean a new rear
window.  When I  pop the doors I have to have an additional person there to
catch the door on the  way up.

Roy
00893

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:38:31 -0700
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

Jim,

On 4/10/06, Jim <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, Im considering the wings aloft kit...but the drivers door
> opens OK but hangs a litle of the max opening position. On the other
> hand the passenger door nearly throws you over the car. If you let
> it go it rocks the whole car as it hits the bump stop. To close is
> also hard as you are fighting it lifting up.
>
> Is my drivers door too soft?

Sounds like the drivers may be too soft. However, your passenger side
door is way too hard. You need to adjust your torsion bars.

> Would having the gas pressure increased in the strut help?

No. The gas struts are not adjustable.

I highly recommend you purchase two brand new gas struts. The torsion
bars on your car have been re-adjusted at some point in time, and they
never should have been changed from factory specs. The gas struts
eventually wear out and, instead of replacing them, many owners
tighten up the torsion bars to compensate. This is a bad idea and can
lead to major problems with the doors and/or the breakage of the
torsion bars.

If you put two brand new struts on your car - buy them from one of our
vendors -  you can then readjust the torsion bars properly. The lift
force on your doors will likely change dramatically with the
installation of the new struts, but will allow you to adjust the
torsion bars to proper spec. Once done, you should never have to do
this again for the life of the car - simply replace the struts every
few years when the doors start to sag.

This will also ensure everything is properly adjusted for the
Wings-A-Loft system.

> PS ; Can anyone simple advise how easy to fit the wings aloft kit?

It is quite simple. Toby's instructions are superb and will walk you
through the procedure every step of the way. If you can install a car
stereo you can install Wings-A-Loft.

If you've never had your doors apart, expect to spend 1 to 2 hours per
door. If you are familiar with the door interior, you could probably
do the whole job (both doors) in an hour. However, given the current
state of your doors, I expect you will spend a full day on this
project, with most of the time spent learning how to get the struts
and torsion bars in harmony with one another.

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:00:48 -0000
From: "Jim" <lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Door struts and adjustment

Hi all and thanks for all the helpfull comments.

On our Lamborghini'd we have gas struts that assist in opening the
doors and then hold them at the open postions. In time and also
depending on the temperature the doors would sometimes sag or creep
down. We found here a specialist that pumps the strut up. By
platying with the pressure we can have the door opening it self as
soon as you press the latch.
What i am going to do is remove both strurs and se how the doors
are, my car only has 700 miles from new and I dont think anyone has
played with them. If both torsion bars are at the same adjustment
the doors should feel similar.
I will then take the struts to the expert, he can read the pressures
in both and for example is the drivers in 7bar and the passenger is
10bar then 8 or 9 bar would be ideal as the drivers is saggy and the
passengers is fierce.
Do you all agree this is the right way?

Cheers to you all
Jim

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:36:00 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Painting Trim Around Windshield

Shannon,
    I just re-did the trim around my windshield.  I completely removed
the trim, sanded the paint completely off, cleaned them up with
lacquer thinner, then painted on a few coats of SEM Trim Black.  I re-
installed the trim and it looks great.  Be careful not to lose the
small grounding straps like I did though, I'm going to have to make
up something to ground the trim to the body panels since those pieces
went missing.

It takes about a full day to do it right, sanding the paint off was
the longest part.

-Patrick C.
1880

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jason McKee <tymchsr_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: calling all owners with DMCH's performance exhaust!

My experience with the installation of DMCH performance exhaust was a little easier said than done.
  The right side header was a very tight fit, have to remove starter and a few exhaust studs, the jet hot coating made the exhaust a little thicker making the pipes going into the muffler & exhaust hangers very difficult (had to lightly sand them to fit). No gaskets were supplied were the header - cats come togeather (had to find a set to work) , no extension for the 02 sensor (had to make). Reused the washers & nuts (the ones supplied are to small & thin), the starter/alt. harness is approx: 2-3mm from the right side header ( used thermo wrap from summit racing). And the exhaust clamps supplied are regular ugly steel, for $1,500 I was expecting stainless ones that matched the jet-hot coating. Other than those little issues above, I really love the system & it sounds great & it made noticable differnce when driving.

  Jason McKee
  4839

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

Here's an update on this - Turns out the real problem is the brackets are
drilled wrong and I will have to redrill the holes in both of them. But I
would still like to get in touch with other owners for discussion. Thanks!

Andy

In a message dated 4/8/2006 5:41:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Soma576_at_dml_aol.com writes:

Hey Group,

I have my engine out of my car and I am trying to test fit DMCH's
performance exhaust. I see absolutely no way the hangers will line up with
the
brackets that come with the set. I am looking to get in contact with other
owners
who have installed the system for tips and tricks and to let me know if
something is not right. I need someone who can provide me pictures because
i am
almost positive that one of the hangers is welded wrong and I need to see
the
exhaust actually installed to confirm. Or maybe I am just stupid but I have
rebuilt every other system on my car by myself, plus over half a decade in
auto
service, you would think something as simple as exhaust would be a piece of
cake!

Please email me privately.
Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:28:03 -0400
From: "Jason" <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net>
Subject: Fuel and Stuff

        Hello all, well, I'm in for some fun. After putting my car up for winter in
October 2004, finding out I was losing my job in May in January 2005, I never
got it out in 2005 at all. I couldn't justify the insurance for something I hardly
drive when I wasn't going to  have any money coming in. Here I am today. I'm
getting it out this year so I want to drain the tank and such. Here's what I'm I'm
Thinking. Drain the tank, put new fuel in. Disconnect the incoming fuel line
from the filter to the fuel distributor and cranking it over to get rid of that gas
between the pump and FD. Where should I go from there? I did put some
stabil in before putting in storage but I'm not sure how effective it is after 1.5
years.

    Also, when I put it up I had started having problems with real hard cold starting.
Could it likely be a bad thermotime switch? How can I test it? If not, what else should
I look at? I'd really like to get it running good again soon. It finally got nice here so I'm
excited to get it out again.

   One more thing. Looks like I'll be moving to Mountain Home Arkansas at some point
this summer in case there are any other Deloreans around that area. There was a red
one in a museum there but I believe it was sold last year to someone on this list but I'm
not sure if it's still in the area. Thanks in advance for your comments/suggestions.

                                 Jason #5903

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:36:09 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Pheasant Run ...Test Run...

Pheasant Run Resort

I spent this past weekend at the Pheasant Run resort to get a feel
for the drive from Michigan and the resort itself.
I must say, the stay was very comfortable, very nice and
accommodating staff, clean rooms, I stayed in the Tower section
which was very nice. The Golf wing rooms are ground level and offer
easy access to parking, pool or golf. The golf course appears to be
in great shape.
I left on Saturday with my wife and two daughters. Using Map Quest
from Michigan, I took 94 W all the way until I got on 294. The drive
was no problem up to that point. Unfortunately there is road
construction and several tolls at this point. There were many dirt
showers from tractor trailers and other vehicles which made me
decide to tow rather than drive. Look for back roads rather than
highway if you are concerned about airborne highway debris like I
am. I missed an exit called I88 [East West Toll way] I was supposed
to take a right on this; but the sign after the toll only said West,
so I kept going. Well 8.5 miles later was the next opportunity to
turn around at O'Hare! When you see 88, take it(Back to the future
fans will have no problem remember 88)! Do yourself a favor, if this
should happen, have the directions from the Pheasant Run web-site,
they give beautiful directions from major reference points including
O'Hare.
Next was I-355 [North-South] o.k. which way? Go North! After that it
was no big deal.
Sorry…. back to the resort.
I posted pictures on the Photo section  of just some of the rooms &
halls that DCS events will be held. Most all of the DeLorean's will
be stationed directly across the street form the resort on the
Dupage Expo Center parking. There will be 5-6 Concourse cars inside
I believe. The resort is awesome, it really is. Don't worry if you
forget paper towels, Armor All, glass cleaner, water, wine, cheese,
crackers or whatever. Every major retailer is a rock throw. You can
walk to the Super Target. Restaurants, malls, variety of stores,
Subway, Starbuck's gas stations, smoke shops whatever are all there.
Don't go crazy packing. Check in, and then go for a quick ride to
pick up stuff for the room. The resort I have an ugly feeling will
be packed. Long lines may develop for the yummy terrace café or
Harvest restaurant within the resort. Inside the resort there are
some great shops. You walk down a brick path with a New Orleans's
setting that is picturesque and fun. Wives & kids will certainly
enjoy the strolls down by the shops as well as the free popcorn.
There is a large theatre that I believed will be reserved for us to
view a DeLorean related Film. I am told DCS has outgrown one of the
convention rooms, so we are moved to the Atrium that has a beautiful
slate floor, pool and waterfall. Two heated indoor pools and 2 out
door pools and a Jacuzzi make for a rewarding swim.  2 Outdoor
Tennis courts and indoor fitness are available to guests.
Parking will definitely be interesting, so be patient arrive early
and drive slowly. Be prepared to walk if you're towing your vehicle
in. I would call the resort and ask them where it would be
appropriate to take up the room you need. Maybe the Super Target
will allow vehicles in Tow at the end of the parking lot. Just plan
for crazy bottlenecking. Everyone will definitely fit; but many will
arrive at the same time all looking confused. I will be there
Thursday to help out with orienting arrivals. Ken, if your reading
this, how will the incoming flow be handled? Should everyone simply
park across the street form the resort at Dupage Expo? What about
the trailered cars? I guess I am not sure what to expect as the
corvette show is sharing the area. Again, I know there is the room,
it's the flow I am concerned about, and that main road out front
seems fairly well traveled.

The road leading down to pheasant run, delivers a feeling of new
development. There is Lamborghini dealer about 4 mile form the
resort, that is a must see for Lambo fans.

Can't wait!
Byron

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:51:09 -0000
From: "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: blending wheel

Hello all,

Now I know most of us are familiar with the aro flap wheel tool used
to lay the initial grain in the DeLorean stainless. My question to you
all; is there any kind of "blending wheel" using the blending pad
material? I think it would make the blending of the car much easier
and faster. Any thoughts?

Dan

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 02:59:59 -0000
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Ken , DCS -DVD?????

Hey Ken, Do you get a cut for the Piegon Forge or any other past show
DVDs? I think your intitled to some funds as it is a direct money
maker for the show & using the Shows names,events,cast members &
vendors for profit.
Lawrence

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:00:12 -0000
From: "Steve" <p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: VIN#04421 Lives Again and Rough Idle - Vacuum Leak

Group,

An update on cold start rough idle troubleshoot.  Hopefully these data
will help other D owners.

The idle speed motor micro switch resistance values are: 0.3 Ohm
closed.  27.8 Ohm open circuit.  Values were checked 3 times.  Proves:
micro switch is working.

With the electrical connection to the idle speed motor disconnected
and not depressing the gas pedal, the engine will crank and flood.
(Bad!!)  With the connection reconnected, engine will start just fine.
 Proves: idle speed motor is working (but correctly? don't know).

Liberal amount of WD-40 on all vacuum hose lines doesn't change engine
speed at all.  Proves: nothing.  The more pontent gas - propane, is
the next logical choice.

Took a 3mm hex wrench and turned fuel mixture screw 15-20 degrees
counterclockwise eliminated the exhaust smoke.  Proves: crossing your
finger when turning the fuel mixture screw works.  Be sure to know
which direction you're turning it.

Hooked up an analog dwell meter to monitor pin 2-3 of the diagnostic
socket yields 30 to 35 degrees deflection on 6 cycle engine scale.
According to the workshop manual, it should read 40-50 degrees.
Proves: the mixture is either too lean or too rich.  See above
corrective action.

Dwell meter hooked up to pin 1-2 and pin 4-3 doesn't produce any
readings.  How does one check the RPM with a meter?  What components
to hook up to?  My dwell meter also has an RPM mode which I can use.
Proves: I don't know what the hell I am doing. ;)

Sincerely,

Steve
VIN#04421