From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:26 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3200

1. Re: Mechanic in Florida
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Re: extremely high idle when starting the car
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. DeLorean Key Blanks
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Mechanic in Florida
From: "firedude38" <FireDude38_at_dml_msn.com>

5. Shipping a Delorean to Europe
From: "cummil2" <liam.cummins_at_dml_medtronic.com>

6. Re: Mechanic in Florida
From: "firedude38" <FireDude38_at_dml_msn.com>

7. Re: Painting Trim Around Windshield
From: "Josh Haldeman" <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

8. Re: A really rare Delorean find
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Re: Manual transmission observation
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

10. Re: Mechanic in Florida
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

11. A DeLorean on The Apprentice?
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

12. Re: Ken , DCS -DVD?????
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:07:25 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Mechanic in Florida

I'll let the Florida Guys recommend someone but I'll tell you a shop to  stay away from: All Car Shop, Inc in Kissimmee.  When I bought my D in  Tampa and drove to Orlando I had trouble with it.  I asked for a shop in  the area and they were recommended.  I called and was told that they could  work on a D.
The repair lasted around 24 hours.  I did manage to  drive it to NY State without AC and an occasional overheating.  A very  expensive lesson.  I have spoken to them several times since and they say  they will refund part of the money and they never do.  Just a costly lesson  learned.  No real damage to the car.

Roy
00893

In a message dated 4/12/2006 3:40:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net writes:

I can  recommend a shop here in Orlando.  It's called AUTOMOTIVE ONE
407-699-9111 Ask for Todd Zwalina and tell him that Ed Cohen told you to call.

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:16:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: extremely high idle when starting the car

Try unplugging the ECU and see what happens.

delorean6584 <carburateur100gaz_at_dml_msn.com> wrote:
  yes but when the engine is hot its worse ! instead of running 2000 for the first 10secs, when i start it hot it revs up to 3000 ! but i will definatly try to unplug the cold start valve to see if this is the problem

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Harold McElraft"
wrote:

> I believe you will find that the "first" start is actually a cold
> start. The higher rev is for emissions and extra fuel burn-off
from
> the cold start valve. That's the way it is intended to work.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354

[moderator snip]

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:43:21 -0000
From: "conundrum1984" <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: DeLorean Key Blanks

I know this subject has probably been beaten to a pulp so many times
before.  This link here: http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/keys.html
shows that the ignition key is a Ilco X29.  I cut keys here at work
and the X29 cross references over to a VL-5.  That link says BL-5.  I
was talking with my key distributor earlier today and they said that
the BL-5 is discontinued.

Just a bit of info everyone would like to know and maybe at that link
about a note could be made by moderators.

Matt
VIN: 2953
Frostburg, MD

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:58:23 -0000
From: "firedude38" <FireDude38_at_dml_msn.com>

Tony,

I know my car is at your shop right now.  I purposely did not
mention any personal information between you and myself.  I was
giving you a compliment, when I said you problably do not need to be
performing routine maintenance.  You agree any good repair shop can
handle routine and maintenance issues.  I am sure many owners do not
feel comfortable working on their cars.  If I had to bring my car to
you with minor concerns or maintenance issues, I would be taking
your time from other Delorean owners with more serious issues.

I thought I was being considerate to the other owners.  I know your
time is valuable.  We all know you provide the best service when it
comes to performing restoration and repairs. If you feel I was
taking business from you, that was not my intention.  I have
recommended you to several owners and praise you and your company.

If you are offended, you took it the wrong way.

In the future, if you need to discuss personal information with me,
please call me.

Bill

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:03:19 -0000
From: "cummil2" <liam.cummins_at_dml_medtronic.com>
Subject: Shipping a Delorean to Europe

Would any of the members have a name of a company I could use to ship a
Delorean from California to Ireland,
A contact would be appreciated

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:22:41 -0000
From: "firedude38" <FireDude38_at_dml_msn.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ken Baker" <kenbaker1265_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I have been looking to purchase a DeLorean for several months now.
I have DMC in Bonita Springs to be the knowledgeable source for
these cars. Why would you not want to use them for general
maintenance? When I purchase one, I will only let them work on the
car. That way you know it done right!

www.bentleyfortlauderdale.com<http://www.bentleyfortlauderdale.com/>

Florida?  I

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:25:21 -0400
From: "Josh Haldeman" <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Painting Trim Around Windshield

Believe it or not, using some lacquer thinner and a paint stripper works
darn well on these to get the old paint off faster.  I've done all the parts
cars' windshield trim panels this way.

-Josh
http://stores.ebay.com/Cincinnati-Used-DeLorean-Parts

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:39:55 EDT
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: A really rare Delorean find

Just passing this info along in case anyone has an interest in it. I know
nothing about this car other then what is in this posting.

   Marty

In a message dated 4/12/2006 10:00:15 AM Central Standard Time,
blyons_at_dml_bssauction.com writes:
Hello!
  My name is Brian of Slosberg Auctions located in Philadelphia Pa.  In a
few weeks we will be auctioning a 1 owner 1983 Delorean with an original 523
miles!  This car is in absolute showroom condition and has been garage kept
it's whole life.  If this is something that might be of interest for you or
your members please feel free to e-mail me at Blyons-at-bssauction.com or call
us at 1 (215) 425-7030  Thanks!

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:27:27 -0700
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Manual transmission observation

Nathan, you're probably fine. The first gear thing is normal - mine
does it, too. Just replace the master & slave cylinders and the clutch
line all at once and don't worry about the rest.

This is not a huge job - should only take you a couple of hours start
to finish. The slave cylinder will be the hardest - real pain to get
to - but perfectly doable especially with small hands like mine.

After you put the new clutch line in, use zip-ties to tie it up. There
is another line (I forget what it's for) running in the same
channel/area of the frame, zip-tie it to that. As I understand it, if
you leave the braided clutch line loose, it can wear away at the epoxy
on your frame over time.

-Ryan

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:56:06 -0000
From: "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>

I'll check with the shop I use in Tampa, they have done a TON of work
on my car.  Anyone else in the Tampa area may be interested too.
Apparently two of the guys had worked on Deloreans before.  Whenever I
had a problem, I'd research it on the DML first, get a good idea what
was wrong, take it in there and they'd come to the same conclusion
just by describing the problem.  They work on high end cars, BMW,
Mercedes, Ferrari's, even a Lamborghini here and there.  Only problem
is that I mentioned it once to them if they want me to find other
Deloreans to work on, and they weren't real receptive to it, kind of
in a joking way, so I didn't pursue it since I didn't know anybody
specifically wanting work done.  But that was a while ago, maybe now
that they've redone mine they'd be more receptive to the idea.  Very
reasonable rates, charge by the time it actually takes, not a book
rate, very honest and fair.  If it takes 30 minutes, it's $40.  A
quick thing here and there is usually free since I've been there so
much (I'm not very mechanical, have to bring it in for just about
everything, even stuff that takes them 10 minutes).  I'll check with
them and report back for anyone in the area interested.

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:00:44 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: A DeLorean on The Apprentice?

I missed the episode but saw the following article online:

http://www.ew.com/ew/aol/article/latest/0,11892,3113%7C113420,00.html

Anyone see this?  I talked to someone else who saw an episode this
week and they said they saw a silver Mercedes, but no DeLorean.

Just curious if the Donald bought a DeLorean after he bought the
Bedminster Estate.  My guess is they made a typo in the article.

-Patrick C.

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 02:29:42 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ken , DCS -DVD?????

Love your stuff, VB.  It's a great service for those of us that have
to slave away and can't be there.... kudos to you and thanks.

--S