From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:32 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3203

1. Door latch replacement/upgrade
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

2. Won't start cold
From: "edherrmann" <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: I have the entire dmcnews yahoo group archived from the beginning
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: Fuel Accumulator - Hot start fixed - Kinda
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

5. Re: DMA Membership Renewal
From: FEHRISMANN_at_dml_aol.com

6. Any Tennessee DeLorean Owners?
From: Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Won't start cold
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

8. Re: info on adjusting manual trans linkage
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:49:14 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Door latch replacement/upgrade

The fact that hitting the lock/unlock switch with doors open can cause misalignment and malfunction is a collossal pain in the butt. Since our cars are the only ones that I've seen that work that way, I can't help but wonder, "WHY?"  And isn't there a car out there with door latches that would be more user friendly, if adapted to fit? I've been on the DML for maybe 6 or 7 years and I  don't recall anyone ever discussing this. Hasn't anyone ever tried it? Of course  I realize that we use 2 latches instead of one, but that's an inside the door  issue, not a latch issue per se. Don't other cars use link rods too, in some  fashion?

Wayne A.  Ernst
vin 11174
Bridgeton, NJ

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:59:13 -0000
From: "edherrmann" <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Won't start cold

Car just cranks and won't start. Fuel pump works, fuel injectors are spraying, accumulator just replaced and holding pressure at the air sensor plate, checked spark plugs for spark, cold sart valve spraying when cranked, thermo time switch just replaced and air sensor plate adjusted for rich and lean setting at each crank. Also checked fuses and safty switch under drivers side. Can't figure out why it won't start. Any suggestions. Thanks  ED

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:51:28 EDT
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: I have the entire dmcnews yahoo group archived from the beginning

In a message dated 4/14/2006 4:20:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

the DML  has archives older than Yahoo groups...> Which is why I keep all mine on my harddrive. Still, it's an interesting concept...

Wayne

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:41:13 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Accumulator - Hot start fixed - Kinda

Could also be the check valve on the fuel pump and the Primary Pressure Regulator.

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:46:03 EDT
From: FEHRISMANN_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DMA Membership Renewal

I already renewed.

Frank

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:18:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Any Tennessee DeLorean Owners?

Hey Guys!

  I was wondering if there were any DeLorean owners in the lower TN area, around Pulaski, Lawrenceburg, etc.?  If so, contact me off-list, I come up there a lot on weekends and always enjoy meeting fellow D enthusiasts/ owners.

  Rob Greenhaw
  wylldshark (at) yahoo.com

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:37:09 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Won't start cold

Check the firing order and do a compression test. Pull the spark plugs and clean and regap.

Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:40:00 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: info on adjusting manual trans linkage

The procedure in the Workshop Manual is about as good as it gets. A
half-turn one way or the other can make a difference so you might have
to adjust the linkage several times until you get it the way you like
it. Before adjusting make sure there is no play or worn bushings in
the linkage. Disassemble, clean, and lubricate the link in the frame
so it moves easily.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Soma576_at_dml_... wrote:

> Hey Group,
>
> Next weekend I am planning on getting my engine and transmission
back in