From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:10 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3208

1. Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>

2. Re: Engine Taps for Turbo Oil Supply and Return
From: "captain_hydrogen" <captainhydrogen_at_dml_cox.net>

3. Re: Air meter- cold start repost
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

4. Lack of power at low RPMs
From: "vin5497" <DMC5497_at_dml_comcast.net>

5. Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

6. Re: Air meter- cold start repost
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

7. Michigan Spring Event May6th
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

8. Pheasant Run, Room share
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

9. Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Lack of power at low RPMs
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. Re: Lack of power at low RPMs
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

12. Re: Lack of power at low RPMs
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

13. CARBON CANISTER - How does it work?
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

15. Re: CARBON CANISTER - How does it work?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

16. Re: Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

17. Re: Monster Garage - DeLorean Hovercraft (replay) May 1, 2006
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

18. Lateral movement in shifter
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Question about Air Conditioning cycling
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

20. Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Air meter- cold start repost
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

22. DeLorean Sighting in Tyngsboro MA
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>

23. Re: Question about Air Conditioning cycling
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

24. RE: Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

25. Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:26:11 -0000
From: "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new

Hi Personally i think you may struggle for $40k

there are a fair few such factory fresh cars around with those miles
or less! as many thought they may be a good long term investment.

a long time sitting without running is not necessarily good.
(ie fuel in tank eating the rubber, hydraulics etc.)

just my thoughts

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_...>

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:03:17 -0000
From: "captain_hydrogen" <captainhydrogen_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Taps for Turbo Oil Supply and Return

Martin,

Can you post some pictures for comparison to the "Turbo Oiler" folder
in the Photos section?

Thanks,
Ben Ferguson
VIN 10365

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:54:57 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Air meter- cold start repost

You aren't giving us much! I would pull the cold start valve and see
if it actually sprays when cranking cold. I would visually check all
the vacuum hoses. I would suspect a problem with the Control Pressure
Regulator and/or the vacuum hoses going to it. In essance you need to
check out the engine systems that are active when the engine is
warming up. This includes the vacuum valves and hoses under the intake
manifold, the cold start system, and any vacuum leaks.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:25:38 -0000
From: "vin5497" <DMC5497_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: Lack of power at low RPMs

Hello everyone,
My name is Wyatt Rinker and I bought VIN 05497 in February 2005.  I
joined this List in January 2005.  The car is in great shape so I
haven't had a need to post a question.  Now I have a problem and need
your help.

I have a lack of power below 3000 RPM.  It is like I am trying to
start off in 3rd gear.  The car starts flawlessly, idles smooth and
runs great once the RPMs get above 3000.  Below 3000 rpm, I have to
feather the clutch until I get my speed up.  The car has been running
great until recently.  The only thing I have done recently to the
engine is change the oil and replaced the air filter.  Any suggestions?

Wyatt
VIN 05497
Maryland

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 02:38:46 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

Very true,
this car desrves the right home. If a car in this condition marketed
for $25,000 than people would line up. My fear (and why should I
care really) is that this car will get into the wrong hands and be
driven all over the place. I am looking for the owner that will
continue to preserve this car. All issues you have addressed are
valid and have been cared for properly. No cost is being spared in
the least bit. All needed repair items are purchased soley DMCH
through Dave Bauerle. Dave restored my personal 81 remarkably well.
My father purchased two DeLorean brand new, I have the first one
that I begged him to buy. Its basically identical to the one I am
selling accept the one I am selling has a gas flap hood.
The door panels inside the car have not shrunken away so the inside
door panel is visable. The vents, buttons, knobs carpet, seats,
dash, fascias front and rear, binnacle, dash, speaker vents,
gaskets, t-panel gaskets, inner and outer seals, the grain, lights,
Grille, Windshield, glass, louvers, engine, shocks, struts, frame,
hoses, ac, wiring, fiberglass body, door handle, lock mechanism,
fender wells, nuts and bolts, pipes, spare tire, rims look like they
we just unwrapped.

This is an opportunity for someone ready to buy the perfect car
right now, simply can. The interior is just like in the original
sales brochure. Black interior, Automatic. Only difference is that
this one has a front fender antenna.
Byron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo_at_dml_...>

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:07:25 -0700
From: kjc <ckevinj_at_dml_gmail.com>

try playing with the mixture just ever so slightly. you might need to
go a little richer.  what does it idle at when it is warm?

On 4/18/06, Jason <rowejj_at_dml_tds.net> wrote:
>     I posted this earlier and never heard anything so I'm trying again.
> Thanks
> in advance...............#5903
>
> Well, I got my car fired up again finally. As I stated before it had a
> problem
> with cold starting. I tried grounding the wire on the thermotime switch and
> that
> didn't help. When I push down on the air meter and then try starting it , it
> fires
> up. It just won't idle until good until it warms up. What should be my next
> step
> to try? Thanks in advance.................Jason #5903

-Kevin

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 03:02:11 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Michigan Spring Event May6th

To Date 10 owners are scheduled to be there
Waterford, MI

It will be my pleasure to host a spring gathering at my home in
Waterford, MI. Saturday May 6th. The day starts at 10am. There is
much to talk about, especially as we approach Pheasant run & The
Woodward Dream Cruise. I will provide food, beverages, and full use
of my dwelling for your comfort. The barbeque will be going from
11:30 - 1:00. I will order wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, and Pulled
Pork and Pulled chicken from Red Hot and Blues. Yes, there will be
baked beans, salad & Cole slaw, chips drinks etc.

Early afternoon we can take a 20-mile journey around the lakes then
stop at Munk's Garage. Munk's has invited our club to arrive at
their location and use 3-4 bays in their spotless facility to put
our cars up in the air. With Dave Baurle there, it would be a
terrific educational opportunity for us all to gather data of our
undercarriage condition and potential maintenance issues (Dave will
not be repairing or working on cars as this event is more of a
social gathering than a tech session). The garage is open to us from
4:00 - 7:00 and beyond if, we choose. Munk's will supply Pizza and
drinks.

O'Toole's Irish Pub is right around the corner from there so we will
venture off to drink Guinness after, and then spend the evening
talking about what a great day we had.
All that attend may also sleep over and depart on Sunday to make
your stay more comfortable. I have tons of extra blankets, pillows
and stuff. Or just bring your sleeping bags. There is a new Holiday
Inn close by that you can book the same day if you want.

Please RSVP so I can order appropriately for lunch and make
reservations O'Tooles.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CLUB MEMBER; You must own a DeLorean.
Sincerely,
Byron Cancelmo

Byron's House = 5807 Meadowgreene Dr, Waterford, MI 48327
Munk's Garage = 3080 W Huron St, Waterford, MI 48328
O'Tooles = 4000 Cass Elizabeth Rd. Waterford 48328

www.ohiodeloreans.com
__________________

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 02:55:46 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Pheasant Run, Room share

 Pheasant Run / Room share

-----------

I have a room with two twin beds in the golf wing section at
Pheasant Run. My wife and kids were originally going to attend; but
my daughter has a dance recital the weekend of the event (of course,
just my luck); but I will be attending. I would like to take this
opportunity to share the cost of my room for 3 nights Thursday
through Saturday checking out on Sunday. My wife tells me I snore,
of course how should I know for sure? Just a warning, no rebates for
this.
I have my car entered in the concourse, I have already been to
pheasant run as of last weekend, you can read about the visit on DML
form last Monday or so. I will likely be all over the place checking
things out and helping out during the event or whatever. No pick
pocketers, or freeks please.
Hope this will help someone out.
I should add, the shared costs will be the room rate, not the $5
water.
__________________
Byron Cancelmo
248-961-3520
Waterford, MI.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 04:45:49 -0000
From: "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Cool,

my 83 in perfect shape with 3,100 miles should be worth at least
$39,700. ($300 deduction for the extra 100 miles.) Perfect shape all
over, able to eat off undercarriage, all new fuel system, hoses,
waterpump, braided clutch cable, still original R-12 charge holding
perfect. Original NCT's with no flat spots from elevated storage. 5
speed, two tone black interior. Still have plastic covers for the
seats. Rich leather aroma inside as well.

But I'll hold on to mine, as it would be tough to replace with another
one of this quality.

I bought 2 other ones to be able to drive, and keep the 83 perfect.

I may be stupid for owning so may cars, but what the hell, you only
live once.

And your car since it is vin 2734 should have the gas flap hood. What
happened to it?

-Joe

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:40:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lack of power at low RPMs

I had the same thing. Pull the plug caps and check for water. Get them dry and reseat the caps well.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:35:27 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

Start with a visual inspection. Look all around the areas you had your
hands in. You may have knocked a vacuum hose loose, or a spark plug
wire. Look around the frequency valve to make sure you didn't unplug
it or the little wire going to the intake manifold. Check that the
valve buzzes.  Try taking out the air filter. Maybe it is not the
right one?

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:28:02 -0500
From: Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_usadmc.com>

You must have knocked something loose changing the filter.  A good guess
is the replacement CO plug in the adjustment access hole. (Boy, this is
starting to be an obsession.)  Be sure that hole is stopped up with
something-even duct tape-and look around for the brass wire loop with a
rubber plug on the end.
Warren at DMC

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:46:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: CARBON CANISTER - How does it work?

Never thought about it much, but I need to understand
how the carbon canister works so I can hook it up
properly (if at all) on my engine conversion.

There are 3 hoses:

From the drawing, it looks like one goes to the filler
neck.

Second goes to the engine (cold start injector?)

Third goes to manifold vacuum.

I am guessing the fuel vapor from the filler neck goes
to the canister, and when the vac hose sees the engine
is running, it opens a valve such that the vapors can
be sucked out the 3rd hose.

Is this correct?  If so, I can just hook the hose that
normally goes to the cold start injector to the intake
on my new engine.

Thanks.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:10:08 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

Hi Joe, you are correct; it does have the gas flap hood. I will have
pictures the weekend of April 28th. I will take images of all the
critical aesthetic areas.

Your car sounds terrific.

Byron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_...>

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:04:33 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: CARBON CANISTER - How does it work?

You are correct. One is the vapor feed, one is the signal that the
motor is running and the 3rd is the vapor draw-off. This 3rd hose can
be the tricky one to get right. On the stock PRV it does go to a port
on the cold start injector tube. That port has a metered (drilled)
hole in it to meter the amount of vacuum the cannister gets. The thing
to do is to maybe remove that drilled fitting from the cold start tube
and just tap it into the intake of your engine. Then connect the vapor
draw-off to it. No biggy if you don't hook up the vapor cannister. The
only thing you may notice is a whiff of fumes now and again. I would
hook the hose from the tank to the hose comming out of the bottom of
the vapor cannister to dump the fumes out the back. Make sure that
hose is not plugged up. It is a favorite spot for all kinds of insects
to go into and plug up. You can also remove the bottom of the
cannister and there is a filter pad that is replacable.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:15:01 -0400
From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve_at_dml_fotofx.net>

My D Vin 2700 has a grooved hood with no flap so I don't think it is
unusual.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:46:07 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Monster Garage - DeLorean Hovercraft (replay) May 1, 2006

Guys,

Just as a preemptive reminder, there will be a replay (twice)
of the Monster Garage DeLorean Hovercraft episode on Monday,
May 1, 2006 on the Discovery Channel at 7pm and 11pm Central.

Yes, this is not my favorite one out of the three shows I made
with the Discovery Channel, but it is in the MG rerun circuit,
so it will replay often and people will comment on it (again).

For those who have not seen the episode yet or have not heard
my side of the making of the show, please read the interview
I did with the Discovery Channel before you view it (again?).

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/pass/weissensel.html

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:43:21 -0000
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Lateral movement in shifter

Hello all,

I recently replaced the rubber bushing on the linkage that connects to
the transmission (the most visible one right in front of the tranny)
which removed the fore-aft slop but now I notice the lateral movement
even more. I removed the shifter boot (gaiter) and observed that the
slop is not happening there and sounds like it is coming from the link
that connects to the transmission. Is this normal or do I need to
tighten up the cable connection? I have about 1/2-3/4 inch play in
either direction laterally.

Nathan

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:50:49 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Question about Air Conditioning cycling

While my car was in getting lowering springs and shocks done, I asked
the mechanic to check out the AC.  He said it seemed to work fine. it
blows cold air and is not leaking anywhere.  However, the constant
cycling of the cooling fans worries me.  The fans will stay on for only
two seconds, and off for about 5 seconds, on and off on and off.
Wouldn't this cause excessive wear on the fans to energize them every 5
seconds, and they only stay on for 2 seconds?  It doesn't seem right.
The cycle tiem seemed to be longer last year when I had it charged in
August.  I have the R134 conversion.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:47:32 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Apparently an 83 I believe with 830 miles sold on Ebay for $39,100
just 2 weeks ago so good luck to you. Well preserved/restored cars are
certainly getting up there...if were 5 speed I'd be calling you myself!!

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 04:25:36 -0000
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

 Sounds like Fuel distributor lower end is not holding pressure all
the fuel is still going to the fuel tank,or your Air idle brass tube
seal in your intake Has a vacuum leak,
Lawrence

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:51:50 -0000
From: "f14dflyer" <f14dflyer_at_dml_comcast.net>
Subject: DeLorean Sighting in Tyngsboro MA

A good friend of mine spotted a DeLorean outside the Trader Joe's on Middlesex Rd in
Tyngsboro MA at about 2:30PM today (4/19). I missed seeing it by about 5 minutes. I'm told
it had New Hampshire vanity plates (he couldn't quite read the tag from the store where he
works).

I'm just wondering if it was anyone who reads this forum. I have managed to NEVER spot one
in the wild around here, which is slightly annoying.

Anyway, I'll see you all at Pheasant Run.

-Dave J.

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 04:35:07 -0000
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Question about Air Conditioning cycling

If you a/c is cycling in that short of time 1st what fan fail device
are you using? have you upgraded your fans? Have you checked your
otter switch for cracks,corrotion or bad contacts I would check the
otter switch first then try startnig your car & using the air & see
if that made a differance
Lawrence

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:04:36 -0400
From: "Jack Singer" <jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net>

I have a never registered D with 400 miles on it which I will sell for
$40k.  1982 - Grey - 5 speed.

Jack.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:58:02 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

 Hey nice to meet ya Steve, I own 2696 5 speed grooves and flap 400
miles kick that around as far as sale price,,,but its not going
anywhere. Been keeping an eye out for vin #s close to mine youre the
closest. Harry