From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 8:03 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3210

1. Antique plates in Virginia
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>

2. Re: Pheasant Run Room
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re:Door latch replacement/upgrade
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

4. Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>

5. For Sale: 1981 (82??) Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual $19K OBO
From: "TALugtu" <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Antique plates in Virginia
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Question about Air Conditioning cycling
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

8. Re: Question about Air Conditioning cycling
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:56:41 -0400
From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net>
Subject: Antique plates in Virginia

Well, I did it. Since my car was due for inspection next month I decided to get my antique plates. Cost only $13.00. The women also told me that if I had brought in my old vanity plates they would have rebated me $12.50. No more inspections, yahooo.

Dave Sontos

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:57:39 EDT
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Pheasant Run Room

Message: 13
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Pheasant Run Room

Hi  All,

Room has been spoken for.....

Thanks

Tom
#05732

Well, I've got HALF a room to offer...  Still happy to share mine with  one or more others who'd like to split the cost with me.  And still looking  as well for a passenger who'd like to ride with me up from Florida &  back.  Please contact me off the list at whocruiser(at)aol(dot)com if  interested.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag# MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan  Harris***** WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read  about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Purr-use  The Cat House at: _http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_
(http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage)

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 00:31:10 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re:Door latch replacement/upgrade

It is good you have Lockzilla but it can't overcome a door out-of-adjustment. If both doors are adjusted properly it will fight you if you try to lock one while the other is open. If you are coming to the DMA Spring Event I can look it over for you, you won't have to travel so far!

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 00:14:57 -0000
From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Re: 1981 Delorean coming up for sale/virtually factory new

Hi Shannon,
I like to drive mine also, this car should also be enjoyed; watchful of the weather and exposure. Miles probably don't mean as much as the ascthetic quality of the car I suppose.
They do need to be driven, no question.
Wrong hands? You? not at all brother. I know you would handle this one a little differently.
bc

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_...> wrote:

> >From: "byrondelorean"
> >
> >>snip<<
> > My fear (and why should I care really) is that this car will get
> > into the wrong hands and be driven all over the place.
> >>snip<<
>
> [tone = joking humor among friends]
> Oh the shame! The humanity! How could some one do such a thing...
actually,

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:49:11 -0000
From: "TALugtu" <talugtu_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: For Sale: 1981 (82??) Turbo Delorean <10K miles 5 spd manual $19K OBO

For Sale 1981 (82??) Turbo Charged (BAE Single Turbocharger) DeLorean $19K OBO. VIN 4546 <10K miles, gray interior, 5 speed manual transmission, Alpine Navigational System with Alpne 6 Disk CD Changer, Alpine Alarm System with perimeter sensor and pager, tools, stainless engine upgrade, stainless brake lines (not installed), stainless fuel lines, Good Year Aquatread Tires etc. Excellent running condition.
Needed to clean burnt stains from doors, replace windshield and two side fixed windows, rubber moldings, pls visit http://www.lugtu.org/my_delorean for pictures. Pls email me for questions.

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:43:00 -0000
From: "S" <theborderisopen_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Antique plates in Virginia

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Sontos" <dsontos_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Well, I did it. Since my car was due for inspection next month I
decided to
> get my antique plates. Cost only $13.00. The women also told me that
if I
> had brought in my old vanity plates they would have rebated me
$12.50. No
> more inspections, yahooo.
>
> Dave Sontos
> Vin 02573

Which is huyuuuuge in Virginia.  Congratulations.  Would love to see a pick of what antique plates in VA look like.  I'd like to see anybody's antique plates, too

--Sam

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 01:04:07 -0400
From: "Tom" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Re: Question about Air Conditioning cycling

Paul,
Check the cycle time at idle. There are so many variables when the car is driven that you cannot really tell anything about the condition of the system.
You can email me directly when you do the test so as not to clutter the DML.
The amount of refrigerant found in the shop manual refers to R-12. When converting to R-134a the system should be charged to about 90 - 95 percent of original charge of R-12. In case of the DeLorean I have found that the best results are achieved by charging the system with 2.0 - 2.2 lbs of R-134a.
Keep in mind that if you still have the original hoses you might have a small and very slow leak.
Another reason for a slow over the winter leak regardless of refrigerant used is drying of hoses and seals resulting from disuse. Even when it's cold outside an A/C system should be switched on for a few minutes every couple weeks to keep the system well lubricated.

Good luck
Tom Niemczewski (on vacation)

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 05:48:56 -0000
From: "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net>

With the car off & cool, Get your self a bucket to catch the antifreeze in ( a cool whip bowl would even work), unplug otter switch, pull out otter switch carefully, check for corrosion & cracks ( Check well for hair line cracks also as there will be a dark discoloration were it's cracked) this is a common problem with fan cycling, the fans will go off & on the whole time car is running with a/c on but only for 2 -5 seconds causing the car to over heat.
Lawrence