From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2006 7:18 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3221

1. Re: Major preventative maintenance GOING GREAT!
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

2. DMA Spring Social
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:25:41 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Major preventative maintenance GOING GREAT!

A couple of things to add:
It is not necessary to paint the top of the block. Run a tap in all the holes to make sure the threads are clean and use new bolts with plating on them. Use plenty of Never-Seize on the threads and Silicone sealer on the "O" rings. The switch spinning is not a problem, test it and replace the vacuum hoses. Replace the heater hoses and the valve if it shows signs of leaking or does not move freely. Use new seals on the fuel injectors and have then cleaned and tested. Replace the spark plugs, cap, rotor, and ignition wires. You should replace the water pump and hoses too. Also the idler bearings and belts. If you do all this work you shouldn't have to go back into this area again for another 25 years. Pressure test BEFORE putting the intake manifold back on.

Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:05:12 -0400
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: DMA Spring Social

I JUST got home from the DMA spring social!  What an awesome day it was!
We had 28 cars in attendance, and a huge crowd.

I drove Ken's DCS raffle car (so did my wife...her first time EVER to drive a Delorean!) and man...that car kicks _at_dml_ss!
Then I was taken for a drive in Marc Levy's car with his new engine...that car kicked MY _at_dml_ss!  (yeah..its insane riding in that thing...soooo fast!  We have video coming to show you)

Great time had by all!  Thanks Evil Dan for setting it up!

Website update for the DMA coming soon.

- Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680