From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 11:42 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3223

1. Re: Where to route the stainless clutch line??
From: "thomasttait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

2. Thanks!
From: mroboto_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Where to route the stainless clutch line??
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

4. Re: speedo cable lube
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. RE: *** Kevin *** Speaker replacement
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

6. RE: Re: cleaning and polishing of D
From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net>

7. Re: Rear speaker access (was speakers)
From: Travis Graham <tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 02:40:54 -0000
From: "thomasttait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>
Subject: Re: Where to route the stainless clutch line??

Nathan, with a large screwdriver or tire iron you can probably, carefully, slip it back in where the original was - BUT - make sure you use cable ties every 12" or so to keep it from moving against the AC lines, it pulsates just a little when used and can eventually damage the AC hose, and if you think the clutch line is hard to get in there think about replacing the AC hose.

If you can't get it email me off list, I assume your in the SF valley.

Tom
#10902
TTait_at_dml_BRCweb.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_...>

Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:00:45 EDT
From: mroboto_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Thanks!

This year's Celebration Exotic Car Festival was great! We had a nice showing of Deloreans, second only to the 100+ Ferrari's in attendance. Many thousands of visitors came out in amazing weather to the event in beautiful Celebration, Florida. The group of exotics, and supercars was overwhelming! You won't see this quality of a collection cars anywhere else.
This was a fantastic opportunity for the public to come out and see Delorean's in a positive light. Events like this are great PR for the Delorean marquee, and a fun chance to show our cars.

I'd like to personally thank Jeff Ipolitti (Event Coordinator), for a flawless event. I can't believe how well organized the show, concours, and gala dinner were. This is a testament to Jeff's fantastic planning and ability to coherce a large group of volunteers to help it run so smoothly. I was constantly impressed how well things flowed, while Jeff was still able to enjoy the show.
Even the auction was fast and fun, encouraging some impressive bids to help the Make a wish Foundation.

Also, thanks to Stephen Wynn, Tony Iardi and Rob Grady for coming out to Judge the Deloreans!
Rob Grady was very helpful in providing to technical assistance after the
event- THANKS ROB!
The Delorean community to is very lucky to have such a great support group of vendors to keep our 25 year old marquee on the road.

In the end, well over $100,000.00 was raised for the Make a Wish Foundation!
Hopefully, Jeff will post the actual facts and figures soon.

Again, thanks to all who participated, and organized the event. Everyone should plan on coming out next year, even if you can't bring your car.

See you in Belfast, then Chicago!

Daniel Deutsch
3356 & 15779

Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 12:41:41 -0000
From: "Matt Spittle" <supermatty_at_dml_psu.edu>

You should put a length of flexible rubber tubing over the new clutch line to keep it from gradually abrading the epoxy off of the frame, as well as the adjacent hoses.  Just get a length of hose the same length, cut a slit down the side of it to get it over the stainless line, and then use zip ties to keep it attached.

Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 06:48:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: speedo cable lube

David,
By "gear lube" are you refering to 90 weight gear oil? If so what are the reasons you say not to lubricate with this, because a "full-service DeLorean vendor"
advised me to use 90 weight gear oil to lubricate the speedometer cables. I can't imagine they would steer me wrong.

Shannon Y
16506
---------------

Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 01:26:31 -0000
   From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net>

To lube the cables you remove the inner cable and lay it out on some newspaper. It should lay out in a smooth circle with no straight sections or kinks. If it is OK reinsert lubricating it as you go with the black graphite speedometer cable lubricant. Do not use white grease or gear lube. When you go to the auto supply they will have it there in a little bottle.
 For the angle drive you remove the cable and spin the angle drive to expose the smalll screw in the side. It is easier if you remove the front left tire. Then with a small hand grease gun you squirt in some heavy oil or grease.
 The Lambda counter does not need to be lubricated.

Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 11:10:27 -0400
From: Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: *** Kevin *** Speaker replacement

Pat:  I live in Roxbury...IN morris county.

E-mail me directly and we can meet up.

Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:04:27 -0400
From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Re: cleaning and polishing of D

Dave,
The stainless cleaner that I saw was 19.95..  I'll check again at home
depot.  Thanks for the heads up
ED
6944

Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 09:36:49 -0500
From: Travis Graham <tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com>
Subject: Re: Rear speaker access (was speakers)

Wow, that's an old one!  When I was replacing my rear speakers years
ago, I found that there were plenty of cracks along the rear panel
seam already.  I tried carefully prying the "wraparound" part off,
but found it extremely brittle and created more cracks in the
process.  Heat didn't help loosen up the ancient adhesive either.  I
was concerned with melting the panel with the heat gun and also
concerned with causing visible cracks by bending the brittle plastic
back and forth.  I believe that these interior panels were
unavailable then and definitely are now.

So, I ended up cutting along the edge of the lip.  You'll still have
to dig through some of the old adhesive this way, but it worked well
for me and there aren't any visible blemishes.  If I had to do it
over again (and had to recommend a procedure to others), I'd say
definitely try prying it off and use a heat gun carefully.  Then only
if all else fails, cut it.

And if you do cut it, use some 3M spray adhesive to reattach the
panel wrap to the fiberglass - it'll be easy to access again if you
ever need to.

My 2c,

Travis Graham