From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:47 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3227

1. Re: RE: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine" - Photos
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

2. Electrical problem!
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Cleaning and polishing of D
From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net>

4. Re: 2006 DCS Chicago Caravan from Long Island-New York area
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Re: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine"
From: "corey ooms" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine" (Track Time)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

7. Windshield Replacement Experience
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

8. Track Time _at_dml_ DCS
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

9. Primary Pressure Regulator O rings
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

10. Re: Re: Martin's "Scream Machine"
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

11. leatherique
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

12. DOI Eurofest 2006 Forum
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>

13. Re: Electrical problem!
From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>

14. Re: "Here's what I did." - Stainless Steel Regraining
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: [DMCForum] RE: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine" - Photos
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>

16. Re: Track Time _at_dml_ DCS
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

17. Re: Cleaning and polishing of D
From: "Robert Patz" <topgunster_at_dml_delorean.com>

18. Re: Primary Pressure Regulator O rings
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

19. Dunking booth.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

20. Re: Re: Track Time _at_dml_ DCS
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

21. Re: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine"
From: "Toby Peterson" <Toby_at_dml_delorean-parts.com>

22. Re: leatherique
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

23. Re: leatherique
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

24. Re: leatherique
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

25. Re: Primary Pressure Regulator O rings
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 16:21:14 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: RE: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine" - Photos

Nice work Marc!

-------------- Original message from Kevin Abato <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>: --------------

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Electrical problem!

Any idea what would cause the headlights and radio to quit working at the same time? No odor at all, no blown fuses. The lights that are controlled by the rheostat and headlight switch don't work, all others are fine.

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:19:10 -0400
From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning and polishing of D

I saw it a kitchen and bath store.  It was a past (small container) and the man said it did wonders Ed
6944

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:09:18 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: 2006 DCS Chicago Caravan from Long Island-New York area

Hello.. I'm in Western NY and if anyone is coming through this area
(Buffalo) let me know and I'll try to join up.

Roy

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 13:03:21 -0500
From: "corey ooms" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine"

Did you post the video and the pictures in any Maxima communities?  I'm sure they would get a kick out of it...

Corey
2423

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:02:05 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine" (Track Time)

Guys,

I know Bob B was talking about it, but I have been working on getting track time at one of three different venues northwest and southwest of Chicago, however, with the proximity of all the possible venues, the only option is a Wednesday Track Day.

The majority of folks interested in a Track Day have expressed interest in road course driving, not drag strip type driving.
I have yet to secure the track time, so if there is a change of preference for track time, please post your preference NOW.

BTW: On a related note, I just got a huge box of samples in from the "Car Crazy" guys at Meguiars.  These items will be added to the "goodie bags" for the 25th Anniversary Events; Early DeLorean Seminars, Thursday and Chicago Lake Shore Drive Cruise (and Show & Shine at Volo Auto Museum) on Sunday.
Lots more cool "freebies" as the boxes keep arriving.

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:27:05 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Windshield Replacement Experience

Well all, let me start off by saying that there is one less DeLorean in the world with a windshield antenna.  In the middle of having a
large rock chip repaired by a professional, the windshield cracked.
While it was a shame losing a rare piece of glass like that, I must say that I am enjoying the amazing reception I get with my new power antenna in the back!  Now I know what I've been missing...

I'd just like to say how impressed I am with DMCH and their customer service.  I explained to DMCH that a local autoglass store in Cincinnati would be giving them a call to order the windshield, and sure enough DMCH worked with the glass company to get a windshield sent out and delivered 2 days later.  They also included the 'sticky pad' for the mirror.  DMCH kept me informed of the situation the whole time, sent me tracking numbers for when it would arrive, and even wanted me to check in with them to make sure the windshield made it to Ohio in one piece.  Now that's a company that really cares about satisfying their customers.

As for the quality of the glass, the glass place that did the installation didn't see anything wrong with the replacement
windshield (as another individual on the DML had complained about).
I really think that people are over-reacting about the delamination.
Look on the DMChelp.com forums and see for yourself what an average NOS windshield looks like.  Like me, I have a hunch you would rather live with that instead of a crack down the middle of the whole windshield.

As I was driving 1880 home today from the glass shop, I realized just how lucky we are that DMCH bought all of the remaining parts from KAPAC.  What if another vendor had bought them, someone who refused to sell to anyone who posts on the DML?  Or someone without the
financing to reproduce the parts that are starting to become scarce?
I would have been SOL on getting a replacement windshield.  Unlike most other collector cars, we are incredibly lucky to have such easy access to so many NOS parts.  So Steve, James, Warren and everyone else at DMCH, thanks for everything!

I'll see you DML readers in June!  If you haven't registered for the DCS, do so today!  www.deloreancarshow.com -Patrick C.
1880 (No longer hiding in the garage with a cracked windshield)

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Track Time _at_dml_ DCS

Considering most of these cars have stock brakes, I'd think a drag strip is safer than a road course.

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:19:32 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Primary Pressure Regulator O rings

I am going to replace these O-rings.  Is there anything I need to be
aware of when I do this?  Are there any surprises to be aware of, like
parts springing out or impossible to re-assemble, or is it relatively
straightforward?  I already replaced the accumulator, and may still
have a hot start problem.

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 21:18:34 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: Martin's "Scream Machine"

Just to clarify, #2727 is my friend Richard's car and lives firmly on
British soil :-) It will be making the hop to Belfast in 3 weeks.
(crikey, is it only 3 weeks?!?!)

Martin

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 16:39:10 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>
Subject: leatherique

I plan on ordering some of this product. It comes in LT Grey and Dark
Grey. I am assuming LT grey but has anyone used DK grey or should i
stay with LT grey?

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 21:47:06 -0000
From: "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk>
Subject: DOI Eurofest 2006 Forum

Hi everyone

Just to let you all know that the owners in Ireland have got together
and started a forum for Eurofest.

Anyone who is coming over to Belfast and wants any info or just wants
to talk about Deloreans in general can join

Here is the link....

Thanks.

Alistair McCann
vin: pilot 25
Belfast.

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:49:03 -0700
From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical problem!

Hi Chris, your description of the problem is a bit confusing.  If the
instrument panel lights (like tach, speedo, odo) and the radio are working,
look for a bad ground for the instrument panel.  Its a screw (on the
passenger side of my cars) which has a stack of black wires going to it.
See if there are some black wires with nothing on their ends in the vicinity
of the grounding stud. or the nut on the stud is loose.

Al
Al Roberts
twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net
#4639/#16049

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 23:03:37 -0000
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: "Here's what I did." - Stainless Steel Regraining

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "captain_hydrogen"
<captainhydrogen_at_dml_...> wrote:
 Anyone can learn to do this, but there is only one Chris
 Nicholson.
 - - - - - - - - - - - -

Boy howdy!  Chris Nicholson is as talented a metal worker as I have
ever met.  He refinished my car (16867) in his "custom, by hand"
finish last March and it is simply awesome.

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:20:58 -0700
From: "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] RE: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine" - Photos

Kevin,

Do you - or does anyone else - have more pictures of that Northstar
swap? I'd really like to see underneath it, all around it, etc...

Does anyone know the owner?

-Ryan

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 23:22:56 -0000
From: "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Track Time _at_dml_ DCS

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Considering most of these cars have stock brakes, I'd
> think a drag strip is safer than a road course.
 - - - - -  - - -

First, congrats to Marc on this acheivement.  I'll no longer be in the
dunking booth line!

Second, while I agree with Marc on this issue, I would like to point
out that the DTS cars have driven the Road America course at some
speed.  And, they, perhaps surprisingly, held their own against some
other respected makes. (While that may have been due to differences in
driver capability, it is worth noting never-the-less.)

Dick Ryan

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 22:55:59 -0000
From: "Robert Patz" <topgunster_at_dml_delorean.com>

I sell a cleaning and polishing product which cleans and polishes
most metals.  It works great on stainless steel.  It is in liquid
form.  A 32 oz bottle sells for $22.00 + shipping.  To order email
me at topgunster_at_dml_delorean.com

Deni
5144
AZ-D.ORG

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 18:26:30 -0500
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Primary Pressure Regulator O rings

There are some very thin shims there that are used to adjust the primary
pressure. Just be careful when removing the valve and keep track of the
shims.

Bruce Benson

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 20:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Dunking booth.

I still have 43 days to make you not like me again.

:)

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 23:09:16 EDT
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Track Time _at_dml_ DCS

deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

First,  congrats to Marc on this acheivement.  I'll no longer be in  the
dunking booth line!>>>

I wouldn't go that far
Throw a few it will make you feel better LOL

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 03:24:05 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <Toby_at_dml_delorean-parts.com>
Subject: Re: Marc Levy's "Scream Machine"

Marc - Ed G. has a turbocharged PRV that he has "massaged" a bit.  His
1/4 mile time on the last reported pass was 13.34 seconds at 102 MPH,
with the turbo set at 5 PSI.  He is heading towards the 15 PSI ~ 20
PSI range as he dials it in.  If he will allow it, I can post a link
to a short video clip of his last run.  It is fun to watch a DeLorean
kick an Evo off to the side of the track.  It (the video clip) can
also be found on Tamir's site.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLOrean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 03:24:08 +0000
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: leatherique

Don't take a chance - snip a small piece of leather off of the overlap
under the seat and send it to them.  Leatherique will color match the
sample.

Get the whole system and follow the instructions - even the part
about wet-sanding the old dye off of the leather.  It gives
some pretty amazing results.

-------------- Original message from DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>: --------------

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 23:04:22 -0500
From: DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com>

Ok what leatherique product are people buying?

Mark V

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 00:38:31 -0400
From: Patrick Conlon <PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com>

I bought the Rejuvinator Oil and Pristine Clean and was blown away by
how well it worked.  It really leaves your seats feeling and smelling
like new.

It is a little pricey, but worth every penny.  You can see my results
on the link below to my CarDomain site.  Scroll down to view the
before and after pictures.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239767/2

-Patrick C.
1880

Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:45:20 -0700
From: Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_comcast.net>

Paul,
It's a pretty straightforward job. Just make sure you have a good grip on
the bolt that holds the assembly in there. It may take some effort to
loosen it at first if it hasn't been removed in the last 25 years. It's
soft metal, so it can easily be damaged if the wrench isn't perfectly straight.

When removing the assembly, just keep track of the spring and shims.
Nothing should come flying out. The plunger probably won't come out, so
you'll need to use a paper clip. Just straighten it out, and bend a small
right angle hook at the end. Use it to gently work the plunger out of the
regulator.

Here's a picture of everything from John's site:
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/Prim-press-regulator-1.jpg

Once everything is out, it's just a simple matter of replacing the O-rings
and putting everything back in. The tricky part was the plunger until I
used a paper clip. Otherwise it should be fairly quick and painless. Good luck!