From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 5:50 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3228

1. Re: Chicago - Buffalo Drive
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: leatherique
From: Jamie Hamlin <jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

3. Re: Cleaning and polishing of D
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

4. Re: Primary Pressure Regulator O rings
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>

5. Re: More Free Advertising of DCS 2006 in several Great Lakes states
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. Headliner "Christmas Tree" fasteners
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Cosmetic work update...
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: Electrical problem!
From: "John Chapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. RE: Cleaning and polishing of D
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

10. Re: Headliner "Christmas Tree" fasteners
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>

11. Pre/Post DCS events.
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Cleaning and polishing of D
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Headliner "Christmas Tree" fasteners
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

14. Re: Cleaning and polishing of D
From: "Janet" <viperpiper77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. RE: Headliner "Christmas Tree" fasteners
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

16. Re: Pre/Post DCS events.
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

17. Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size
From: "brandelorean" <brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: Pre/Post DCS events.
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

19. DPNW Digital Door Lock Module
From: Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com>

20. Re: Re: Electrical problem!
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Re: Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Pre/Post DCS events.
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

23. Re: Headliner "Christmas Tree" fasteners
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:32:03 EDT
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Chicago - Buffalo Drive

 Hi Roy -

I'm coming up to the Chicago show from Southern Florida, but I plan to detour through Buffalo on the way home to visit my sister who lives in East Amherst.  If the timing is right, I'd be glad to caravan with you back to  Buffalo after the show.  You can contact me off the list at  whocruiser(at)aol(dot)com if you're interested.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag#  MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan  Harris***** WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read  about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Purr-use  The Cat House at: _http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_
(http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage)

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:09:18 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: 2006 DCS Chicago Caravan from Long Island-New York area

Hello.. I'm in Western  NY and if anyone is coming through this area
(Buffalo) let me know  and I'll try to join up.

Roy

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:09:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jamie Hamlin <jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: leatherique

I just got through using Leatherique and the Int. of the D has turned out
  very nice.
  Leatherique has the Delorean grey on file and it is a perfect match...

  Jamie Hamlin
  Ft. Walton Beach, Florida
  Vin#2606
  Vin#5677

mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net wrote:
  Don't take a chance - snip a small piece of leather off of the overlap under the seat and send it to them. Leatherique will color match the sample.

Get the whole system and follow the instructions - even the part about wet-sanding the old dye off of the leather. It gives some pretty amazing results.

-------------- Original message from DMCVIN6683 : --------------

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:05:42 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: Cleaning and polishing of D

I may have missed it in earlier posts, but what is the name of the
Home Depot cleaner - is it Home Depot brand?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "rdcejc_at_dml_..." <rdcejc_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I saw it a kitchen and bath store.  It was a past (small
container) and the

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:10:31 -0000
From: "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com>
Subject: Re: Primary Pressure Regulator O rings

Thanks for the advice. I will try replacing this weekend.

Paul

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Paul,
> It's a pretty straightforward job. Just make sure you have a good
grip on
> the bolt that holds the assembly in there. It may take some effort
> loosen it at first if it hasn't been removed in the last 25 years.
It's
> soft metal, so it can easily be damaged if the wrench isn't
perfectly straight.

> When removing the assembly, just keep track of the spring and
shims.
> Nothing should come flying out. The plunger probably won't come
out, so
> you'll need to use a paper clip. Just straighten it out, and bend
a small
> right angle hook at the end. Use it to gently work the plunger out
of the
> regulator.
>
> Here's a picture of everything from John's site:
> http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/Prim-press-
regulator-1.jpg

> Once everything is out, it's just a simple matter of replacing the
O-rings

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 15:55:29 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: More Free Advertising of DCS 2006 in several Great Lakes states

FYI -

The attendance for DCS 2006 may be "through the roof".

The DCS website could be seeing hit rate increase of over
500,000 per week in the next few weeks from Illinois, Ohio,
Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan.  There will be at least
4 weeks of advertising which will potentially reach over
2 million potential viewers of ads for both the DCS 2006
events and the DeLorean 25th Anniversary Chicago Cruise.

Here's the following break-down on weekly circulation:

Illinois...97,500
Indiana...109,000
West Ohio..99,000
East Ohio..59,000
Michigan...99,000
Wisconsin..56,000

Total.....519,500

This does not include the publication's online website,
which may have the ads posted as soon as later this week.

More details to follow as the ads are posted online and
in the printed publications later this month.

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 09:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Headliner "Christmas Tree" fasteners

I'm getting ready to recover the headliners in 02650
and I'm looking to pick up replacements for the
original "Christmas Tree" fasteners that hold the
headliners in to the doors.  I tried searching some of
the vendor sites, but came up with zip.  I have to
assume someone on here, vendor or not, has a line on
these little buggers.  I'd like to get some asap so I
can do the headliners this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:12:49 -0000
From: "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Cosmetic work update...

Yup.  My winter cosmetic work that was supposed to be done 2 months
ago...  :) is coming along well.  I put a couple update pics in my
blog: http://digitaldmc.livejournal.com/109137.html

I plan to post more pics with more details as soon as I get the front
fascia on the car.  (Hopefully this weekend.)

Corey

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:43:36 -0000
From: "John Chapelhow" <chapelhow_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical problem!

Chris.

Further to Alan's answer, as he states most of the items you are having
problems with share a common ground point.

If you look in the 'Files' section, I have created a folder
called 'Electrical' which has a photo of the area.

The image is taken of the radio mounting bracket, the black wires all
terminate at a bolt arrangement on the right hand side.

The car in the picture is at DMCH, all of the internal wiring loom is
exposed, a very useful reference...

John Chapelhow

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:22:19 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

Stainless steel magic comes in aerosol or spray bottle and works great.

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:39:35 -0000
From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>
Subject: Re: Headliner "Christmas Tree" fasteners

Hi Steve.

Does this mean your car is coming to Chicago?  I can't wait to see
it.  I used firtrees from a car part store.  The "Ford" kind worked,
but I had to clip something off.  I don't remember the exact nature
of the surgery.  Someone must have a line on "real" ones.

Rick Gendreau.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_...>

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:57:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Pre/Post DCS events.

I know it has been discussed many times before, but is
there a final list of events pre and post DCS?

Rich, Bob, Dave, and others have talked about BBQ's,
Track events, driving tours, drive-in movies, and
more..

As some of us get ready to plan our trips, it would be
great if there was a complete "official" site that
listed details on these various events.... If there is
one already, can you send a pointer?

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:27:52 EDT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

It also comes in Wipes, like leather cleaner or glass wipes.  I've  used the
aerosol and it works great.

Roy

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:56:23 -0500
From: <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

Most auto stores have a rack or display of assorted generic parts for many
areas of the car. Among these are assortments of christmas tree fastners.
Napa is one store that comes to mind.

Bruce Benson

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:11:17 -0000
From: "Janet" <viperpiper77_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Check this out

http://shop.piwine.com/shopsite/prwc/product724.html

Its the same stuff DMCH sells for 11 bucks less. That is unless you
wanna spend 11 bucks for the DMC fancy label ;-)

Janet

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:30:54 -0700
From: "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com>

Headliner fasteners have a single head on them, trim panel fasteners
have double heads often.

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:40:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Pre/Post DCS events.

Marc,

Try www.deloreanmidwest.com for the DeLorean Midwest
Connection sponsored activities.

I usually update the events within 24 hours of getting
them from Rich, Tony, etc...

Regards,
Wayne / VIN2447

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:01:14 -0000
From: "brandelorean" <brandelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size

Hey Everyone,

I'm getting near to a point where I must decide whether to powdercoat
my rims or go with a local sponsor to provide me with some nice rims.
I'm leaning toward the sponsor and they need to know the Bolt Pattern
Size in order to possibly match with an existing style or create a new
one.

Anyways, does anyone know what the bolt pattern size is for the front
& rear?  All I know is that it's 4X????

Thanks,

Brandon

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 16:18:27 -0400
From: Hank <heskin_at_dml_gmail.com>

Not exactly a "Delorean" event, but my travel partner and I will be
stopping at Ceder Point Amusement park on Monday for the day on the
way back to Boston.  If anyone else wants to join us, let me know.

-Hank

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:24:59 -0400
From: Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com>
Subject: DPNW Digital Door Lock Module

just wanted to report on my findings about, and experience with DPNW's
Digital Door Lock Module

short story: to say the least, a very thorough upgrade to the 30-year
old technology door lock module that our cars were plagued with from
the beginning, as well as a good "next generation" upgrade with added
features to the Zilla door lock module design of some years ago (which
is presently not available)

the Original Delorean Motor Company's fix of adding the circuit
breaker "helped" reduce the amount of people that found themselves
locked in their car, and the various upgrades posted over the years on
the DML (darlington transistors / resistors, relays, diodes) are a
vast improvement over the original design by reducing standby power
consumption and increasing reliability, but still leave a lot to be
desired

a lot of door solenoids have needlessly been cooked (destroyed), and a
lot of people have had a negative D experience because of the door
lock module's weaknesses - I actually got my first car at a reduced
price when the guy riding along for insurance purposes during my test
drive got frantic when he got locked in when the door lock module
jammed the solenoids till the circuit breaker opened up :-)

long story: Toby's new door lock controller module is
microprocessor-based, monitors the status of each door's bell-crank
switch separately (which at first glance sounds impossible given that
they are wired in parallel), sequences the door solenoids one at a
time (which gives them a lot more kick by reducing electrical load and
makes it possible to analyze each bell-crank switch separately), has a
timed output pulse with retry on error reducing solenoid overheating,
status/diagnostics LEDS, and universal lock/unlock connections for use
with literally any remote control system

installation was totally plug and play except for mounting - just
unplugged the old module (the main connector and the lead going to the
circuit breaker) and connected the new one - as there are no mounting
ears like the original, I used a piece of adhesive velcro to secure it
to the car's mounting plate (note to Toby: including a 3" piece of
adhesive velcro in the kit would be nice)

I have tried it on a car with "perfect" locks, as well as one that has
"issues"

the car with "issues" immediately worked better, probably because of
sequencing the solenoids - what is really cool is that the status LEDS
provided clues as to what the underlying issues were: misadjustment of
the bell-crank switch on one door, and need for lubrication on the
other - a lot of time can be spent chasing door lock problem
interaction from one door to the other

the design is directly compatible with the original door lock
solenoids, as well as Toby's door lock actuators (no longer a need for
the extra external relays and associated installation hassle)

I have one set of the door lock actuators, and yes, they are an
improvement over the original solenoids (more force, and lighter
weight), but Toby may have hurt the sales of his actuators by making
the original solenoids work so much better!

I also went through the typical locking errors like trying to lock
(via inside and outside door locks as well as remote) with right,
left, and both doors open (which is also a way to simulate some
bell-crank switch problems) - the Door Lock Module correctly reported
which door was causing the problem, then unlocked the doors to make
sure they were in proper status after the locking sequence failure was
detected (this eliminates the one door locked / other door unlocked,
and partially engaged lock situations that can occur)

in addition to the "missing" velcro, I have only one other "complaint"
(LOL): the Door Lock Module instructions did not tell me the LED error
code indication for having the black wire (ground pin) accidentally
pushed out of the car's connector - I inadvertently did this, and it
made the Door Lock Module act very strange, which really should be
expected (it kept trying to lock the drivers door about 15 times until
it timed out with both RED LEDS blinking) - the good news is no damage
to the Module or to the door solenoids!  well, OK, can't really expect
the instructions to cover all the possible installation errors....

anyway, although the Door Lock Module is a somewhat pricey item, it
should go a long way to reducing one of the main headaches of DeLorean
ownership

and I'm sure that there was a rather significant NRE expense in
designing and testing this device - like a lot of the good upgrades
that the various vendors have come up with, they have to sell a bunch
of them to break even - not a huge market potential like MP-3 players,
etc. to spread design cost over

so, I've just placed an order for a second Digital Door Lock Module
with DPNW - being an electrical and computer engineer, I'm just
jealous that I did not design it...

Cliff

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:35:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Electrical problem!

Thank you John,
  That seems to have been one of the problems. I also ran a dedicated hot wire. Seems to be working now. That'll teach me to let an installer put a new radio/cd player in.

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size

If you can get a major wheel company to get the offset
correct for the DeLorean, they may sell some rims (at
a reasonable price).

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 21:02:30 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

There isn't really one stop for the unofficial stuff (I suppose that
would make it official!). Wayne mentioned the DMC Midwest site which
covers Rich & Tony's pre-and post show activities.

As for me - I'll be around all week (I'm about 20 miles north of PR)
and have had some side discussions with a few folks about doing some
minor work or just hanging out in the Midwest Monster Garage on
Tuesday and Wednesday...nothing is finalized just yet, maybe a
suspension job or a clutch. Anyone interested in dropping by contact
me offlist so I don't end up with 50 unexpected Deloreans in my
driveway. 20 got the neighbors pretty excited last time.  I expect to
be pretty busy helping out with the show itself starting maybe as
early as Wednesday, but Thursday for sure.

I don't really know much about what Bob's doing, I've heard rumors
about a get-together but like me it's not affiliated with any
organization.

Dave Swingle

Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:22:46 -0700
From: Phil Priestley <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

I know John Hervey has the correct ones because I bought a big baggie
of them from him

Phil Priestley

Vin 2105
IN FLUX