From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 1:18 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3233

1. Nostalgia: BBC Northern Ireland Video Clip
From: "Stian Birkeland" delorean_at_dml_netcom.no

2. Re: Used Window Motors Anywhere?
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

3. DCS VIN Plates
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: Radio Bracket DIN replacement
From: "Dave Sontos" dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net

5. Re: Cedar Point Pre/Post DCS events.
From: "DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net" DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

6. Re: Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size
From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com

7. Re: Replacing Motor & Manual Tranny Mounts
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

8. DeLorean Sighting
From: "doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com" doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Used Window Motors Anywhere?
From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com

Message 1
From: "Stian Birkeland" delorean_at_dml_netcom.no
Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:14pm(PDT)
Subject: Nostalgia: BBC Northern Ireland Video Clip

http://www26.thdo.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/yourplaceandmine/topics/arts
/A1006723.shtml

Isn't that RIA 7126? Nice to see both doors closing perfectly!

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759

Message 2
    From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:15pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Used Window Motors Anywhere?

Due to the amount of labor involved in installing these, you will only want to do it once, and do it right the first time.  In fact, I hate tearing the doors apart so much that I just replaced both lock solenoids and window motors the last time I was in there, just so I don't have to do it again.  Every time you go in, you run the risk of damaging your door panels, etc.

Andy

In a message dated 5/5/2006 11:49:53 P.M. Central Standard Time, tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com writes:

Anyone  know where I can get used window motors.  I know they probably won't  last, I should spend the money on new improved ones.  But low on the  priority list right now, want something that would be useful for the  occassional roll down.  If they last, great, if not, oh  well.

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Message 3
    From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:15pm(PDT)
Subject: DCS VIN Plates

I just ran the first VIN Plate and they came out awesome They are metal plates and have your VIN on them with the Chicago logo The artwork is on the webpage _www.deloreancarshow.com_ (http://www.deloreancarshow.com)  go to  events Friday

The actual page is _http://deloreancarshow.com/events-friday.html_
(http://deloreancarshow.com/events-friday.html)

We made one change and added the 25th logo to the lower left corner in  place of the FAS logo.

They look even better than the artwork. It is dye sublimation (like the stuff on your coffee mug) so its nice and clean very durable and looks like a real plate

We can put up to 7 letters or numbers on it and it is custom made for your car

This is really cool.  I have been swamped with the show and dreaded  doing these but after the first one my enthusiasm is back.  This project  was well worth the effort.

Thanks Shannon Y for the artwork

Message 4
    From: "Dave Sontos" dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:15pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Radio Bracket DIN replacement

I used the crinkle paint to match the original finish. Any auto store has it. Just remember to apply it in heavy coats, usually three according to the directions. Then watch it wrinkle up as it dries, pretty cool.

Dave Sontos

    From: "DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net" DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:15pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Cedar Point  Pre/Post DCS events.

I was thinking of possibly going to Cedar Point as well Monday on the way home.  I was there in 1982.   I am sure it is even better now.  If someone is thinking of organizing a get together there I would be interested.  Keep me posted.

Gary

<<I have always wanted to visit this park, I love roller coasters.
Don't know if the body can take it any more.  But what the heck, is anyone planning on going to the park on Monday?

I need a vacation, and amusement parks are one of the things I really like.

Are there any reasonable accomodations around there?

Bernie>>

Message 6
    From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:15pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size

I found this from "captain _hydrogen" on the offsets. Comments? It looks like what I need to go to a wheel store.

  http://www.dmcnews.com/listarchive/2005_Files/%5BDML%5D%20Digest%20Number%202714.html#1.

RON STAFFORD MBCA-AZ board of directors <staffordautoclub_at_dml_cox.net> wrote:

The bolt pattern is 4 X 100 mm. I have been looking to upgrade my wheels, and have not had much luck. I may go with adapters to convert to a 5 bolt pattern. Let me know what wheels you cone up with.

RON STAFFORD

    From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:16pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Replacing Motor & Manual Tranny Mounts

Kermit,

Well when I said the tranny mounts should be removed, I was saying that because I am not sure if there is enough play in them to pivot on when you lift
the engine up.  I wouldn't want you to bend them up or anything.   Taking them
off really isn't a big deal, but maybe someone else knows  better.  I just had my whole engine and transmission out, so I am going off  of that experience.

Andy

In a message dated 5/6/2006 6:46:47 A.M. Central Standard Time, KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net writes:

Are you  sure that the transmission mounts have to be removed first?   DMCH
charges more to replace the transmission mounts than to replace the  engine mounts (I had my engine mounts replaced recently, and put off the  additional work of replacing the transmission mounts because it was so much  more
expensive.)  Surely there must be a simpler way...either that or  DMCH has their costs backwards.

Kermit  P.

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Message 8
    From: "doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com" doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:16pm(PDT)
Subject: DeLorean Sighting

I just got back from seeing, "Who Killed the Electric Car" which is playing at the Tribeca Film Festival here in NYC.

They showed the last existing EV-1, sitting in the Peterson Museum.  These all electric battery operated, plug in electric cars were produced then literally crushed by General Motors.

I was pleasantly surprised when they zoomed out and there was a DeLorean sitting two cars down from it!

Dē & 6530
Dave Delman

Message 9
    From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com
    Date: Sat May 6, 2006 7:16pm(PDT)

P.J. Grady Inc. has tons of used and reconditioned (as well as new) parts
including window motors. While I'd rather see you invest in the improved new
regulators I understand what needing to budget yourself is all about. We can
provide strengthened reconditioned regulators at a reasonable price. If you
wish you can contact us offline at (800)350-7429 for pricing and warranty
information.

Thank you,

Rob Grady

P.J.Grady Inc.